[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Highest stock market values in 6 months?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: clueless.png (35 KB, 1021x589) Image search: [Google]
clueless.png
35 KB, 1021x589
I don't know anything about stocks or market values, /pol/.
But people over at /biz/ seem delighted over this graph:
http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/indices/summary/summary-indices.html?index=UKX
It's growing like crazy after the fall following the Brexit referendum.

Is this really great news for Great Britain?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-30-22-50-23.png (173 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-30-22-50-23.png
173 KB, 720x1280
Started investing in January, shits looking good senpai
>>
>>79328873
Making money then? Swedish media is still blasting about the chaos and markets crashing. Still writing on the initial fall but nothing on the growth.
>>
Passive investor here. Got money in the Vanguard developed world ex-uk equity fund, their global small-cap fund, and their emerging markets fund, backed up by a L&G UK government gilt fund, and a vanguard inflation-linked gilt fund.
>>
>>79329639
A mate's got a bunch of funds, and he's real pissy about them decreasing in value. He pretty much hates britbongs now and writes how he's going to punch every other brit he sees in the face now since "half of them are practically racists".
>>
File: lol.gif (2 MB, 360x270) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
2 MB, 360x270
>>79330673
Oh; same ol'Sweden.
>>
>>79327870

Stock prices are partially based on how well companies are doing and also on how well investors believe companies will be doing. Brexit had been touted as an enormous apocalyptic scenario and when it happened investors got stupid for a few days. Then they realized it'll be years in the making, could have upsides and bought back in.
>>
>>79330911
A true madhouse. There's a pretty big festival coming up, and with the growing trend of young women being sexually harassed and more - officials have finally taken action.

They will be handing out bracelets to send out a signal that "groping is not ok!"

That should do the trick.
>>
>>79330673

Tell him he's an idiot then. Also, he should stop looking at the value of his funds. If he checks them everyday he'll be tempted by his emotions to try and time the market by selling or buying. Just keep adding to them and rebalance once a year
>>
>>79328873
how do i do this?
>>
>>79331787
Open an account with IG
>>
>>79331787

Get a lot money. Then learn how to evaluate company accounts to determine if you should buy their stock.
>>
>>79329639

>vanguard

My nigga. I put most of my dosh in VTI the total us stock fund. Don't they have a total UK fund? I also have a few grand in high divided blue chips like ford and apple because I want to generate passive income for myself.
>>
>>79332307

Vanguard do have a UK fund i think, a few probably.

I guess you could go with the vanguard FTSE 100 uk equity fund, or the all share index fund.

Also, I'm not too informed about blue chips, what are they, just reliable big companies that you can sink some money into? Got any links to read up about them?

Vanguard are great. When they came to the UK, they really upped the game with funds. They provide well run, cheap, passive products and are just great.
>>
>>79333907

A blue chip is just any very high cap stock. In the billions usually. Large companies that aren't going anywhere and while not likely to explosively grow they typically give good dividends and won't likely ever go bankrupt short of Armageddon.
>>
Happeningfags blown the fuck out
>>
File: 1464991765026.png (1 KB, 270x326) Image search: [Google]
1464991765026.png
1 KB, 270x326
YEAH! COME ON EVERYONE! LET'S ALL BUY IN AT THE TOP!!!
>>
>>79331677
Yea, raising awareness is totally better than actually doing something about the problem.
>>
File: memageddon.png (2 KB, 301x341) Image search: [Google]
memageddon.png
2 KB, 301x341
>>79335334
>>
>Got arrogant and thought it would dip a bit longer.
Well, there goes some money I could have made.
>>
>>79336421
Tomorrow is the end of the 2nd quarter. Big $$$ funds push up the prices to make their quarterly statements to investors look better. Don't be surprised to see deep red again next month.
>>
>>79334877

oh okay. Well I'm a poorfag, so I'm saving a few hundred bux every month and investing monthly into my passive products. Maybe I'll consider putting some aside for buying stocks.

But I'm much more interested in learning to evaluate companies. I want to invest in undervalued, unknown companies. I'm getting into growth shares slowly with Jim Slater's book The Zulu Principle.

But thanks for the tip anyway, I have a friend with an old 75 year old dad who has made himself hundreds of thousands of pounds, mostly from blue chips. I'd like some of that
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.