[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do rich people still have psychological problems?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 35
It makes no sense. Rich people are rich, society has chosen them to have everything they need. They should be happier than all poor people and most middle class people.

I just heard that the 18year old white, Christian daughter of a partner in the firm I work has bulimia and just came home from 6 weeks in the hospitals followed by a psych treatment in a private clinic. I once met her briefly, she looked awesome, blonde, 5'10 girl, good grades, has everything she wants.

Why do rich people still fuck up their minds? I grew up in a middle class family, but my father went bankrupt and I started from nothing. Having nothing didn't change my state of mind, I actually was a lot more free spirited and happier when I literally had 0 euros and lived off rice, veggies and half price off pork chops.
>>
>>79309993
It's genetics.

Also, amongst the poor you'll find far more mentally ill
>>
People are born fucked up, it doesn't make much of a difference what environment they grow up in, other than as a means to distract from their inherent problems. Their environment can bring out these issues more, but they are inherent within them no matter what.
>>
>>79310308

Did you ever start playing a new game and then just for shit & giggles used cheat codes to get everything?

It's fun for a while but it gets boring really, really fast
>>
>>79310308
>People are born fucked up, it doesn't make much of a difference what environment they grow up in, other than as a means to distract from their inherent problems. Their environment can bring out these issues more, but they are inherent within them no matter what.

That makes sense. I still don't get why rich people are often that fucked up in their minds, take drugs, have eating disorders, heart attacks, depression etc.
>>
File: 1467054546407.jpg (137 KB, 997x995) Image search: [Google]
1467054546407.jpg
137 KB, 997x995
>>79309993
No one loves them.Emotional neglection/lack of communication leads to psychological disorders.
>>
File: 1456610675322.jpg (301 KB, 1000x1492) Image search: [Google]
1456610675322.jpg
301 KB, 1000x1492
It's almost as if being able to fulfill your immediate bovine materialistic desires can't make up for the lack of spirituality and a transcendent element in your modern life.

Don't trust the jews telling you happiness comes with consumption of material goods.
>>
File: 1457573088707.jpg (5 KB, 126x122) Image search: [Google]
1457573088707.jpg
5 KB, 126x122
>>79309993

Your premise is wrong, crazy knows no socioeconomic boundary. Poor and rich may have unique sources of stress but they are still there. The difference is how it is managed. When you are poor you are crazy, when you are rich you are eccentric.

My family is well off and generally well adjusted except for one member who clearly has some mental issue but has insulated themselves with money that they can continue to act how they want and have their lawyers and personal investigators/security deal with the consequences.
>>
>>79310439
>Did you ever start playing a new game and then just for shit & giggles used cheat codes to get everything?
Yes, I did.

>>79310439
>It's fun for a while but it gets boring really, really fast
True, it is shit. But I used to check out walkthroughs for e.g. the 2013 Tomb Raider when I couldn't find continuations.
>>
>>79310621
>My family is well off and generally well adjusted except for one member who clearly has some mental issue but has insulated themselves with money that they can continue to act how they want and have their lawyers and personal investigators/security deal with the consequences.
Is he killing/raping people?
>>
>>79309993
>Why do rich people still have psychological problems?
what kind of stupid question is that
you're supposed to know this from the kids cartoons by now
>>
>>79310100
>tfw poor
>neet
>depressed
>social anxiety
>no friends
>never go out
>never even kissed someone
>can't drive

Life is hell
>>
Fucking normies can't handle the gold pill
>>
>>79310578
Is he ok?
>>
File: 12411151526.jpg (7 KB, 224x225) Image search: [Google]
12411151526.jpg
7 KB, 224x225
>>79310837
hello me
>>
>>79310958
What about the black pill
>>
It takes decades of hardship, loss and heart-wrenching sadness to fully grasp responsibility.

I have my moral compass instact because others have tried to break it and succeeded, or I've broken it myself, I saw the consequences unfold.

The rich have a delusional warped reality. They're the first ones to realize money isn't real but the last to interpret the motives that drive man.

Now, the wealthy, thats a different story.
>>
File: 1466874547643.jpg (109 KB, 540x625) Image search: [Google]
1466874547643.jpg
109 KB, 540x625
>>79310958
Happines is a mental state Moldova.
>>
People strive for more. If you're born into riches you'll have nothing to look forward to. That's does terrible things to your Outlook on life.
>>
>>79311092
What's the black pill?
>>
File: hugs.jpg (7 KB, 234x216) Image search: [Google]
hugs.jpg
7 KB, 234x216
>>79310837
>>
>>79310522
Same things that hit people of any socioeconomic status.

Eating disorders are often a result of body dis morphia. Sufferers perceive themselves as ugly or flawed regardless of their actual appearance.

Anorexia for example is considered to be the most actively lethal mental illness. People will starve themselves to death trying to lose weight because they perceive themselves as overweight even if they're stick figures.

Money can help ease stress in plenty of aspects, financial security is a very nice thing to have. But it can't protect you from your mind.
>>
>>79311139
>moldova
REEEEEEEEE I'm not a gypsy
>>
>>79309993
>I actually was a lot more free spirited and happier when I literally had 0 euros
>Why do rich people still have psychological problems?
>Implying your own anecdote doesn't imply there's no correlation between wealth and mental stability, or even the opposite of what your thread subject suggests.
ur retarded my dude
>>
Because humans are still conditioned to struggle against adversity. Remove all the real resistances from life and the person has to create/substitute artificial problems just to feel alive.
>>
File: 1467133871387.jpg (106 KB, 676x1200) Image search: [Google]
1467133871387.jpg
106 KB, 676x1200
>>79309993

Ah yes, the good ol "money fixes and makes your problems go away" argument. Kill yourself

Also
>middle class
>started with nothing

That's not how it works faggot
>>
>>79311318
Because like IQ, mental illness is not simply determined by the environment
>>
An 18 year old girl is attention seeking?

Gee, I've never heard of that before.
>>
File: 1467141112297.jpg (80 KB, 445x720) Image search: [Google]
1467141112297.jpg
80 KB, 445x720
>>79311575
hand over your illegal bantz and no one get hurt
>>
>>79311037
The pizza was fine
>>
Sour grapes ITT

Swap poor people stress with rich people stress and then subtract all lifes little hassles that you can pay to make go away.

Its better to be rich than poor, but its not some magic cure all nor are rich people miserable cunts.
>>
>>79311474
>Also
>>middle class
>>started with nothing

I was middle class before my father went bankrupt and died in an accident. Then I was a poorfag who managed to get through university by studying hard, getting scholarships for being poor and additional merit scholarships for straight As... and working next to studying.

Then I graduated with 21 and started working to support my little sister during her university studies plus supported my mother who only got a bare bones widow pension after my father died. And I still managed to go to the US for a one year master when I was 24 and climb the societal ladder and am now probably in the upper middle class in income (180k per year income gross).
>>
>>79311192
get out of here, microsoft
>>
>>79309993

Do you know what you have to do in order to become rich?

A lot of evil shit. Like, a lot. Money and fame always comes at a price.
>>
>>79309993

Happiness doesn't improve much once your basic needs are met (food, socializing, shelter, etc)

The difference in happiness between a man who earns $50k/year and a man who earns $500k/year is very small.
>>
>>79309993
Wealth is only meaningful when you're spiritually fulfilled, if you're not then it's just another burden weighing you down.
>>
File: raged2.gif (491 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
raged2.gif
491 KB, 500x281
>>79309993
As a poorfag who was once a bum and has clawed his way up into being a richy, I believe I have some unique input.

Most of them I know are sociopaths. And I mean even my "friends" and business partners. They might do "good things" like donate to charity or etc, but the reality is they are sociopaths. They do specific things to reinforce that they are good or human, sometimes only to themselves, and then brush off the rest. "Well I donated 5k to red cross this year so I'm not gonna look bums in the eyes when I come walking out of metro bank".

Next is their outlook. They've accepted the fact they're "above" some other people and the only way to stay there is by being aggressive in the first place. You see a transformation among the children of your rich or wealthy friends. They either get it or they don't. The one's who don't get it act like the typical spooiled rich kid who flips that the 80k car they were gifted for 16th birthday was wrong color. The ones who get it will still take that, then immediately use it to lord over anyone they can. Its like those stories you hear where chinese international students keep ending up shocked and amazed when US teachers turn down their bribes.

The number one thing I will explain to you all is that rich/wealthy people never show you their true self if they are smart. I know many who speak to their employees with 100% different facial expressions, voices, and body language than what they use out of work or at home. I cannot impress upon you this detail enough, I am talking complete personality shifts, acting beyond what a salesperson would do. I have three friends flying from Australia to America on the 12th of this month to go in-person to a seminar on body language and management. They are spending thousands of dollars and hanging out for 6 days just to learn how to lie better to employees and business partners. Shit like this goes on often.

CONT>
>>
>>79310522
Hint: they don't.

Children born to rich parents may have this more than middle class kids (I doubt it though: it's more likely a confirmation bias) because many of these are disorders that arise out of trying to be "perfect", like in American Psycho where the main character can't get any satisfaction out of his perfect life so he turns to killing for a new thrill.
Also, on average, upper classers have less mental health problems.

t. Born and bred upper classer, went to Sweden's best boarding school. I'm bored as shit on a train right now so I'll answer any of your questions.
>>
When one's life is free of physical and mental stressors the body and mind learn no way of coping with said stressors. So when something mildly stressful happens they lose their shit because they never learned how to deal. That's why so many SJW's cry so much because they have lived in a bubble their entire lives and never learned what the real world is like.

It also has something to do with being challenged and few rich people are ever challenged in their lives because money solves all challenges for the most part.

Pamper your kid and they turn soft, soft people are more susceptible to stress.
>>
>>79311944
>They might do "good things" like donate to charity or etc, but the reality is they are sociopaths. They do specific things to reinforce that they are good or human, sometimes only to themselves, and then brush off the rest.

Kangaroo bro gets it.
>>
>>79311999

Are you a poofter?
>>
>>79309993
Unless you inherit your money, you have to step on a lot of backs, cut a lot of throats, etc. to get wealthy.

The more attached you become to the material world, the more your soul dies.

Without strength of spirit, you lose emotional control.

And, being wealthy makes you start to focus on a bunch of petty shit, like my foie gras was over cooked. At some point, staring out at the sky, or at the wall in the dark, reflection sits in, and these people realize they have nothing of meaning.

As a rule of thumb, as far as I have ever seen, poor people are FAR more generous than rich people.
>>
>>79312129
>only to themselves

Isn't this the same psychology mechanism for everyone?

I help others today, only because I hope others help me tomorrow.

There's no true philanthropy.
>>
File: 1467184354476.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1467184354476.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
>>79311944
continue pls
>>
>>79312144
I have little to no sexual desires, so no (if I'm correct with that poofter means homo).
>>
>>79309993
Society chose nothing.
God damn it Germany, shake off this faith in an all-knowing centralization.
>>
File: 1467178485826.jpg (56 KB, 800x793) Image search: [Google]
1467178485826.jpg
56 KB, 800x793
>>79311812

Then you're a faggot for not making that clear
>>
>>79311944
>As a poorfag who was once a bum and has clawed his way up into being a richy
How did you go from being homeless to rich?
>>
File: rageful.jpg (274 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
rageful.jpg
274 KB, 1024x768
>>79311944
I actually hat them so much, I completely despise them. But I'd rather be up among them than what I was before. They like me a lot and are definitely honest about it, they respect me for being able to do in 8 years what it took them or their dads a life to do along with help.

I hate how my friend sends all his drivers out without AC and laughs about it while sitting in his office with 2 fridges and one pointing at his desk.
I hate how another friends entire family is employed in their admin and many of them make double what factory workers down below make, or make more than other people in their department clearly working harder and /actually/ answering the phones and documents.
I hate how no matter who we talk to in a meeting the second the customer, employees, or partners leave they all talk mad shit about the tiniest details like their shoes, the laces, the lack of an expensive watch, etc. At the same time I have to keep grooming myself for 45 fucking minutes every morning to make sure no one ever says it about me.
I hate driving to pick up my partners kid and I see the fucker literally beating the shit out of someone as I pull up. I talk to his dad about it later he says "eh it happens all the time what are they gonna do about it lol". This is the fucker he wants me to help teach in 3 more years.

If I wasn't so hungry every god damn day for more, I'd snap and take them out. But I'm broken too guys. I became an animal who would use anyone and do anything to climb over others for my comforts. I'll climb over these fucks too. I'm never going to stop, ever. There's a type of "hunger" that if you experience it, you can never forget it. It will never go away. This is how you hear about tycoons being made who originally had only a dime in their pocket. We felt the same thing. Its why you hear Bill Gates is leaving his kids almost nothing, I would hate myself if I had kids and they turned out like all these fucks. They'll have to work as hard
>>
>>79312327
No it's not the same. They use charitable actions (transactions) as a shield against future empathy.

"Oh, I don't need to pull that child out of that burning car, I already donated to that school."
>>
>>79312505
IQ?
Eye colour?
Height?
Weight?
Mother name?
Father name?
Address?
>>
>>79311300
>tfw binge purge type anorexic
>tfw might get recategorized as bulimic because I've gained enough weight
it's a bittersweet pill anon, I'd rather be schizophrenic than have an eating disorder tbqh. my cousin is schizo and he seems way happier than me.

not to mention I have a fuckton of other mental health problems, it really kills me to be barely able to function when I want to do so much more. I was born into a lower middle class family, but my mother's side was upper middle. I think the reason more poor people have mental illnesses than the rich is because if you're born rich and have a ton of mental issues then you're going to go down in class. Then if you're born to someone who has mental illnesses and is in a lower class, the chances you will have mental illnesses is much higher. Feedback loop basically.

Grandparents uppermiddle -> mother is born to them, has depression -> ends up lower middle when I'm born -> have bulimia, depression, anxiety, borderline pd, gender identity disorder -> can barely sustain self, doing therapy multiple times a week -> sister is born after me -> has depression, anxiety, binge eating disorder, poss autism -> living with a drug dealer bf and going to arts school

hopefully if I can work my issues out or at least learn how to live with them and the traumas that gave them to me the I can be a productive member of society and either stay middle class or move upwards. My sister probably isn't going to go up in class. The difference here isn't a result of money, but it does affect class mobility. The traits I have that drive me to seek treatment and overcome my illnesses is similar to the drive the rich have to succeed, while my sister's defeatist attitude is characteristic of the lower classes who are resigned to mediocrity
>>
>>79309993
So sad!!! so so sad is what the once greatnation of white people have become. I hate the Jews for it, but did the Jews force us to follow and accept their degenarate filth? Is it to late?
>>
Read the Unabomber manifesto, the part where he talks about surrogate activities and the power process.
>>
>>79309993
They actually have money re problems. Look how many people that are rich die from alcoholism heroin etc.
I can't explain it but I do hear about more rich people dying from affluenza than others, possibly it's just not news when a librarian or brick layer die from the same things.
>>
>>79309993
>money = happiness
Stop being a jew. Kikes will never learn will they.
>>
>>79311856

That doesn't explain why rich kids or tryst fund kids have problems.

I think human nature if one of struggle. If you're poor you struggle to make money. If you suck at sports you struggle to be better. If you're ugly you struggle very hard to mate. It's all struggle. If you're rich and have everything, the mind makes up struggles to give your life meaning. That's why rich kids get bulimia or have addiction problems.
>>
>>79312767
Howah dahhhre yew post such hateful pic related. Ill have you know that 6000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 of my ancestors died because of fascis and racial segregation, my ancestors also built the pyramids wit their bare handz
>>
File: TedKaczynskiAP_2228681b.jpg (52 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
TedKaczynskiAP_2228681b.jpg
52 KB, 620x387
>>79310100
everyone in modern industrial, democratic society is mentally ill in one way or another. It transcends class or material differences.
>>
>>79309993
Because rich people can afford to pay for degeneracy.

I know several rich jews and all of them have mental or physical defects.

Most Mexicans I know or healthy mentally and physically even if they are simple. The reason for this is that if you are in a poor society and you have a mental illness or physical impediment you simply died or did not reproduce.
>>
>>79309993
Why are 1rst worlders less happy and tend to suicide more?
>>
Everyone knows rich people are crazy. Just look at the movie purge 2 and hostel. Rich people believe because they're rich they can do whatever they want. I wonder how much trump is crazy? I bet he has order people to get murdered.
>>
>>79312627
Yeah I was trying to explain this to someone yesterday, how business and money, especially in fields where there is no product, just speculation and market manipulation, is like playing a competitive video game. Once you get good and get the hang of it, you take joy in crushing people, and the moment you run into someone better than you, you either befriend them and learn from them, or you work hard until you can crush them too.

Would you say that's a good analogy most could get?

Also, would you agree, having been a bum, as I have, that poor people are far more generous than wealthy people?
>>
>>79309993
Because most rich people are fucking spineless fucks.
If you notice, the people who busted their asses their whole lives to make their fortunes are some of the hardest, most redpilled people alive
Thats because honest work has no room for pussies
Those who inherited their money or did not earn it with hard work generally are just normal people who lack a backbone
>>
>>79313066
nigger I think you're responding to the wrong person
>>
>>79310578
Who's the asshole you threw a cheese pizza at him?
>>
>money makes people happy

lol nope. i'm fucking miserable.
>>
>>79309993
Most of them are sociopaths, they don't feel so bad. The others are probably child rapists who hate themselves.

Tony Blair's daughter tried to an hero in 10 Downing Street, but there was an injunction and the press were quiet. These people are not like us.
>>
>>79313100
>>79313376
>>79313319

OY VEY YOU BETTER SHUT THIS DOWN RIGHT NOW
>>
File: so tired.png (155 KB, 458x415) Image search: [Google]
so tired.png
155 KB, 458x415
>>79312129
Even their wives will do this shit, who are clearly only leeches to begin with.

>>79312559
I always grew up as a poorfag but I chose to be a bum on purpose when I was 17 because of an abusive stepfather at home. Being a bum was actually more enjoyable than dealing with that. I finished school through a shelter program and was on my feet after, working at a UPS store for 2 years while religiously saving every penny as I shared a rented room at a house of asians, and my room mate was this old guy that couldn't speak english and he smoked all day.

I was going to college at the time with financial aid and doing my general while considering heading into medical. I met a girl online and she paid to fly herself over and meet me a few times. We hit it off and I flew to Australia to inspect it and quickly indentified there were five times the opportunities here. So I flew over and after 3 months I married her. I got to work immediately with her help and began investing while I picked up a day job as a courier at a clothing company. Because of my international status I have to do everything through her, and I made it clear to her that if we ever fall out I'd take care of her beyond our relationship out of my gratitude. She genuinely loves me though, but clams up and panics a lot cause she's not so good with business.

After 3 years I invested in a mcdonalds location for a year and saved money by managing it and handling its accounting myself. After that I sold it and took 2 red rooster locations that were failing in diff parts of QLD, but I was aware after some meetings with KFC that the KFC locations next to them were about to go under. Abusing that knowledge and laying low, I pumped cash into them and cut corners for 5 months until competition died and record results were had over the next year, but I knew it wouldn't last so I sold them.

Now I went back with what I learned from the laundering/couriering and I've invested into a CONT>
>>
File: keksimus.gif (4 MB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
keksimus.gif
4 MB, 300x300
>>79312627
Wendigo?
>>
>>79312760
>IQ
I've got ADD and haven't taken meds in years. Internet MENSA IQ tests put me at around 107, but I've gotten an actual IQ test while on medicine that landed me at 127.
>Eye colour
Green.
>Height
192cm.
>Weight?
83kg.
>Mother name?
I have friends who most likely lurk the chans so no.
>Father name?
-
>Address
Very funny. Hint: I don't actually live in Sweden most of the time.

>>79313001
This a good analysis. I'd just like to mention though - most rich people don't spoil their kids, and if they do, that's where their dynasty ends. Middle classers may see them as "spoiled", because they perceive their clothes as expensive. But most rich children are raised knowing that if they want to get this as adults, they'll have to work for it. Rich parents teach their children how to swim, they don't carry them on their backs. That isn't spoiling, it's making sure your kid grows up to its fullest potential.
>>
>>79309993
Depression/happiness really has nothing to do with where you are socioeconomically.

My best friend's brother committed suicide 2 months ago and he was going to a top 20 school, had amazing grades, was 6'2, etc. His family is so rich they have a basketball court inside they're house, have multiple Range Rovers, own 2 vacation homes, etc. yet he was still depressed

Money doesn't buy happiness, it just buys things that can give you temporary pleasure, but then you get sick of that and have to buy more and more things to fill in that empty space.

The biggest factor that I can pin to why rich people (and especially their kids) get depressed is because of pressure/stress. The children of wealthy people are almost ALWAYS stressed to do good in a sport and in school so they can get into a good college so they can get a good job to maintain they're wealthy status. This pressure leads to mental problems and depression, thus why so many rich kids have psychological problems. This most likely the reason why my friend's brother committed suicide.

Also, most of us deal with our problems with excessive drinking and partying. The most popular/attractive/richest girl in my grade back in high school was also an alcoholic.
>>
>>79313358
merchant you are my greatest ally
>>
>>79312627
Preach it Cpt. Kangaroo
>>
Life is Suffering
>>
>>79313473
nice personal blog
>>
File: wojak.png (57 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
57 KB, 500x382
>>79311226
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tuf59ex-U0

>>79311274
Thanks anon

>>79311087
I wouldn't wish it on anyone senpai
>>
>>79311812
How old are you?
>>
File: 1352110967400.gif (2 MB, 170x127) Image search: [Google]
1352110967400.gif
2 MB, 170x127
>>79313537
>most of us deal with our problems with excessive drinking and partying

normies, normies leave me be
Steel my tendies
Hear me REEEEEEE
>>
I wonder how South Park will handle Brexit.
>>
>>79313537
>>79309993
Also, we are almost never taken care of by our biological parents since they're busy at work. We have been raised by Shaneeqwa from Barbados since we were in Kindergarten.
>>
>>79309993
>My family is rich and we are all fucked up in some way. Depression, drug and alcohol addiction, paranoia, borderline personality, OCD, .... You name it we got it. Hell even one of my uncles committed suicide. But I think that in some way thats what made us rich. My father and grandfather were so obsessive with their business that then only possible outcome was to build a fucking empire.
>>
>>79312627

How in the hell do you get in this kind of mindset? I want to be more assertive/manipulative or whatever term you feel like coining, but I find myself being hella gullible and falling for the same bullshit lies my boss's tell me while they do absolutely fucking nothing and make damn near 6 figures.
>>
>>79309993
>Society has chosen them to have everything they need.
I have not been given anything by society. I had to work for every penny. Everything i own i had had to work for. I am not "rich" because i am happy, i am "rich" because i am unhappy, because i hate poverty, i hate being poor and dumb, i hate minute tasks, i hate manual labor and that's why i worked to improve my life, to find or create a way out,
That's the difference between you and me. You are happy cooking for yourself, eating rice and pork, driving a bike, etc. I detest it, I loathe it. Happy people are never rich. They are always poor. To become rich you must become angry first.
>>
>>79313758
>have children
>parents never there
tip top lel, what's the point?
>>
File: 221047.jpg (96 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
221047.jpg
96 KB, 400x400
>>79313873
Sheit why did i fcking green text
>>
>>79312627
So basically what i got from this is that wealth is a good thing to have, but give greed an inch and it becomes the meaning itself.

Once it becomes the focus, it'll make a person what I'd describe a hollow.

More money, more and more, no matter the cost, and with that a person becomes paranoid, desperately not being able to trust anyone, because he assumes everyone is like him, greedily trying to attain more profit at the expense of others.

Wealth in small amounts is a blessing, in large amounts a curse.
>>
>>79313473
Invested into a laundering and uniform company that delivers workwear to various factories, car dealerships, restaurants, etc. I use my knowledge from the fastfood years to figure out exactly what people want. With the amount I have invested in the company I was employed by the owner after some discussion rather than just waiting for dividends. Also because I impressed them with my track record and closing a 40,000 dollar a month deal with Brisbane Isuzu truck maintenance locations as a test.

Now I hang out with them in their stupid corporate culture and personally witness the type of asshole they are to their employees. I wouldn't run the business the way they do, and I make that clear to them as well, but I keep behind my chalkline as an investor and technical employee. In return they let me do whatever I want within certain guidelines and the budget. I'm an amalgam of advisor, sales, and regional manager, and have filled in when they needed a new one. Mostly I do some sales because our lead salesperson in Brisbane (where I live) is the scummiest fucker you will ever meet. I wouldn't trust the guy the second I made eye contact onto him and I feel customers feel the same. He's like an uncharasmatic John Leguizamo from "The Pest" and they keep him around only for his results. The problem is his results are often gained by lying, and become paperwork and delivery nightmares for those in other departments.

He sold a tradie on workwear who lives 20km down a fucking dirt road. Its not worth the gas we spend to even get out to the fucker, or the fact that if we had a "close stop" at a large factory we could have a 1000+ dollar location instead of a 20 dollar stop on that couriers route. The nigger takes customers like that to hit his quota, and I'm ready to hold a meeting and burn his ass for it since I actually know whats going on, unlike everyone else sitting in their fucking chairs.
>>
>>79313951
To pass on your genetics and pass on the family name, I guess. Pretty depressing when I think about it, desu
>>
>>79313001

Doing evil shit eventually takes a toll on their psyche unless they're completely psychotic in which case they just brush if off.
>>
>>79312931
Actually it does = happiness
The thing is you have to be raised a certain way and go through a fair amount of shit before you can mentally and emotionally handle and appreciate wealth
Personally I could but I enjoy the constant nipping in the back of my mind about need to stay focused so o don't slip up and not have money when it's absolutely important.
I've literally turned down being a Rhoades Scholar, Harvard Med, some bullshit tech program at Duke(I still don't get why they're held in such high regard) , and an all expenses paid education at Harvard Law, because I don't want anything to be easy because when life gets easy it gets boring and then you become complacent and stagnant and stagnation is how you die
>>
>>79309993
Because they fuck their cousins.
>>
>>79309993
Tc all the money in the world won't solve my social retardation or loneliness.
You ca't buy real friends, loved ones, or a healthy brain.
>>
>>79313875
I remember when it happened. It wasn't while I was still a bum, but it was when I had my first room for a week but had trouble affording food. I remember just suddenly feeling really angry all the time. Intense anger. I would look at the plaster wall and start to think "If I really wanted to I could go tearing at that with my bare hands, and get through it" and would think about why didn't other people do that when they threw fits or went nuts or wanted to escape being somewhere. It made me think about the story of how they chain elephants when young, and by the time their adult they "think" they cant ever break the little chains. Yeah yeah pretty gushy stuff.

But that anger kind of, never went away. Its actually a phrase I use often when I speak with my partners or some employees I like. I tell them "stay hungry", some people get it, some don't. I know I will always do better when I keep myself feeling hungry.

>>79313989
I'll admit truth to your words. I trust no one but my wife. Because I owe everything to her and she's had ample chance to fuck me over and hasn't. She decided to bet on my promise to do incredible and I have delivered for her. She had to pay for my immigration, visa, the works. I have to put many things in her name or the american IRS would assfuck me.

>>79313515
That movie is 100% true about what I see every day. You know the parts I mean.
>>
>>79313473
>invested in a mcdonalds
Literally impossible to not become a millionaire with those fuckers
>>
>>79313535
>MENSA
Literally worse than jews
>>
File: _80733757_cameron.jpg (14 KB, 304x171) Image search: [Google]
_80733757_cameron.jpg
14 KB, 304x171
>>79309993
Usually it's because they've never known poverty.

Self-made men don't tend to waste time crying over shit, because they know from experience that it could be much fucking worse.
>>
>>79310578
Is he carrying a slice of pizza?
>>
>>79309993
Humans are adapted to different, far harsher conditions than the ones we created for ourselves in the modern world.

The comfortable world we created will destroy us.
>>
File: 1466776690479.gif (2 MB, 268x223) Image search: [Google]
1466776690479.gif
2 MB, 268x223
>>79314551
Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes!
>>
>>79309993
My friend's the kind of person who's constantly saying rich people are sad and do not enjoy life.

She works at this family business.

She, and her co-workers all say the same thing, everyone in that family is rich but miserable. And hence they extrapolate it's the same for rich people.
Because it's a family business and everyone's in close quarters, everyone gets to witness all argument, fights and the worse of the family.

The funny thing is... each one of them also have problems in their own families. No one's perfect, shit happens to everyone at some point. But we all hide and move on.

I mean.........I've seen people that scam their own parents; Someone's son has like 5 children with different women, and he doesn't recognize them as their own; Women who treat their 70 year old mother like shit; This man I know divorced and married a younger woman, then he got drugged by that woman's son who has some job in medicine, made him sign some papers, the guy lost his house; And this is just the shit that leaks out and gossip finds out.

But because rich people have a tendency to also big public figures, every now and then we find out SOMEONE wasn't happy one time... so we rejoice on that shit, we just fucking love it, because our life is so humble, we're poor but so much noble and generous, we fucking love it to believe rich people are shit.

I have never seen one rich man ever give up his fortune on behalf of money making him sad. It's 100 easier that someone wins the lottery, than a rich guy actually realizing he'd rather have no money anymore.

Rich people being truly that sad? I have my doubts.
>>
>>79314909
>Usually it's because they've never known poverty.
What is there to know? There's nothing special about being hungry, waiting for the bus and walking to work while its raining. Experiencing poverty doesn't enrich your life or your character. That is a poorfag myth.
>>
>>79311037
nope
>>79313343
meh
>>79314974
maybe
>>
The graduations of wealth are intense the higher you get. I know somebody who runs a division of a worldwide creative industry, literally the MD, she walks in and 200 people in an open plan office pay attention. She's also overstressed to the point of near collapse, and financially just breaking even because she lives in London, supports her husband and kids and has to live a certain way to maintain her fragile position.

She has to go out to the country at weekends to hang with the really rich old money aristos that actually own shit, and who treat 'creatives' as their interesting pets. She fucking hates that. All in all, her life is from the outside is glorious but objectively shit.
>>
>>79314048
How old are you? I really want to be like you
>>
>>79315155
I didn't say it did.

I said it made them realise that lfie could be much worse.
>>
>>79315316
I'm 31
>>
File: 1467003573457.jpg (6 KB, 250x204) Image search: [Google]
1467003573457.jpg
6 KB, 250x204
>>79315434
Eye coulour?
Gender?
Hair coulour?
Facial features?
Your name?
Mother/father name?
Addres where you live?
>>
>>79309993
Because riches don't buy happiness, the pursuit of wealth is a kike ploy to detach you from your völk.
Only by belonging are you happy.

If i was a billionare it would all go into nationalism.
>>
>>79314909

Pretty much this too.
>>
>>79309993
They can afford to be.
A lot of poor are mentally ill, but they have to work to survive.
>>
>>79309993
It doesn't matter she is rich and looks perfect. When you are born with those things you just accept that as the baseline for 'normal' and your brain focuses on new problems. It's just the human instinct to get acclimatized to situations.

This sexy girl's problem is probably because of some boyfriend calling her fat and leaving for someone skinnier. Because her father or mother are probably helicopter parenting her she turned to a self-destructive act to achieve catharsis.
>>
>>79315606
Oh boy here we go again

Male
Blonde
Symmetric
Madkunt
Madderkunts
Wont give you my address he's my summerhome though: 725 5th Ave, New York, NY 10022, United States
>>
>>79315155

If it was that easy I don't think many people would complain. Usually when you're poor in this country, you're forced to live around niggers and other undesirables, so in addition to doing everything that you said you also have to look at and deal with shitskins everyday until you can manage to pull yourself out of the hole.
>>
>>79314909
>Self-made men don't tend to waste time crying over shit, because they know from experience that it could be much fucking worse.
this
I left home at 18 to avoid abusive family, I can't remember anything from before I was 13, and I have been classified by a psychiatrist as "almost certainly" having depersonalization disorder.

I have a pretty good life now that I'm 28 (nice gf, i own a house, don't have to work much, life's good) but I've only gotten to this point by flat out brute force.

I don't have limits, as weird as that sounds. The cold doesn't bother me, I don't care about the rain. I don't need comfort to go to sleep, I can go without talking to people for months (my personal record is 7 years of practically no contact with anyone). I simply do not need anyone. I'll sleep out in a thunderstorm if I want to.

People, especially upper middle class people, confuse me. They whine about minor difficulties, they whine about their jobs and their families and all of their friends, then they refuse to change their situation because they don't want to go through a bit of discomfort.

If there's one thing in life I've learned, it's that your life can go to complete shit within 30 minutes or less, whenever. Don't get comfortable, don't tie yourself down. Enjoy your situation sure, but don't rely on it being the way it is forever.
>>
>>79309993
Apparently adversity is an essential component of being human and psychological wellness. Millenials are fucked
>>
>dude why doesnt money solve everything lmao
are you serious?
>>
No love, no meaning, etc. No motivation to drive them to the right path. Only following their own selfish ambitions.
>>
When you are rich, money is a assumption it's basic nothing worth being happy about it.

Complete different perspective senpai.
>>
>>79315997
>Don't get comfortable, don't tie yourself down. Enjoy your situation sure, but don't rely on it being the way it is forever.
This

One of the Zurich Axioms is don't plan. Long term financial planning and long term property roots is for the lower middle classes who will never be rich.

captcha: mountains
>>
>>79316046
There are millenials facing adversity right now, dipshit
>>
>>79309993
people are fucked.
>>
>>79316135
If you ever actually had it hard, money solves 98% of what life requires.

If you're spoiled it feels "so hard" even with cash.

I think its a fucking laugh whenever rich people "feel like the homless" and go sleep on a grass lot for 1 night in a downtown area with reporters staring. The farce is so unreal, I will never respect anyone I meet who does that.
>>
File: 1467052844509.gif (2 MB, 238x178) Image search: [Google]
1467052844509.gif
2 MB, 238x178
>>79315917
danke
>>
>>79316308
Is reality crashing your safespace, snowflake?
>>
>>79314381
And I'm a successful head chef at Wendy's who makes $600,000 a year you fucker, but you don't see me bitching about life being easy
>>
>>79309993

You'll find that by and large, wealthy people live far happier and healthier lives than poor. There are far fewer among them who are mentally ill or fucked up. They just get more attention because when they fail, it's on a bigger budget.
>>
>>79309993
There are some things money can't buy.
Enough said.
>>
>>79314106
>tfw family name will end with me because I'm too autistic to have sex
>>
>>79316381
I once wound up in a homeless shelter for 35 days. It's a humbling experience.
>>
>>79316644

Bullshit
>>
>>79316666

For everything else, there's Mastercard.
>>
>>79309993
There is plenty of misery at the top level and if you ever get there you will find that out.

Loneliness is still a huge threat. Buying friends or comfort people feels empty at the end of the day. All the fancy stuff in the world does not change the fact that some people just plain don't like you because of your wealth and power.

Some of those people who don't like you will actually kill you for money, so you learn quickly where not to go. Any poor friends you have tend to get jealous. Any rich friends you have tend to become competitive pricks.

Being rich is having most of the same people problems you have in the lower middle class level except the lack of money problem.
>>
>>79309993
>Why do X still have almost entirely unrelated Z?
>>
File: image.jpg (104 KB, 601x508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104 KB, 601x508
>>79309993
>society has chosen them to have everything they need

Fucking idiot, degenerate German. Wealth and success has a price, most people who are "rich" didn't have it given to them, it's not purely "luck" you fucking mouth breathing, thick-skilled Neanderthal
>>
>>79316514
Says the guy so insulted from reality that he believes an entire generation has been spared hardship.
>>
>>79316666
devil quads confirm - you can't buy your soul back
>>
>>79316666
Imagine having everything, Satan. Then imagine not finding meaning in it
>>
>>79316990
Its not just the lack of money. It's the fact that even when you have money these things are still problems and that you can be just as alienated and alone as when you have nothing.
>>
>>79317083
it's not luck, just a 500 trillion dollar loan from their parents.. that's how every rich person got rich since the 1800s
>>
File: 1440988217102.jpg (117 KB, 720x491) Image search: [Google]
1440988217102.jpg
117 KB, 720x491
>>79309993

Rich people now aren't the nobles of the past.

Weakness and degeneracy are as present in the rich as the poor, and weakness much more so.

They face no hardship and those with power have no responsibility to their society now.

Noblesse oblige or get your fuckin head blown off.
>>
>>79316637
This will never get old, best meme in probably 3 years easy
>>
>>79317083
Yeah nah if someone genuinely works their way up to the top, and only a few people do, I have respect for them. Their kids I don't.
>>
>>79317564
So Carnegie lied faggot?
>>
If anyone feels uncomfortable with their lots of money just give it to me this burden. Ok bb.
>>
>>79317336
>Implying you have to have everything in order to figure that out
Sad!
>>
>>79309993

There is no real set in stone definition of sanity anyway.
>>
>>79309993
Well if Romantic period portrayals are a credible source, rich people are quite often depressed because it's a noble suffering.
>>
>>79317564
>500 trillion
So did you made an outrageously bloated number because you realize that a small loan of one million dollars is almost impossible to turn into ten billion dollars?
>>
File: 1466105926429.png (1 MB, 1280x875) Image search: [Google]
1466105926429.png
1 MB, 1280x875
>>79318623
>wealth
>makes you "noble"
wew lad
>>
>>79318971
No, depression is a noble suffering for a tragic hero, who are often noblemen or royalty, but good strawman.
>>
File: 1466019416504.jpg (72 KB, 720x690) Image search: [Google]
1466019416504.jpg
72 KB, 720x690
>>79310578
>mfw that's not a pizza
>>
>>79318843
The first million are the hardest ones.

After that it's just sitting back and watch money multiply on its own.

That's how capitalism works, rich people sail on yachts while poor people work hard.

>Economics 101
>>
My Grandmother went to school with a son of a rich bankowner, all was well with him. Then decades later my grandmother hears from this guy through the media for some painting. He became some perverted junkie creating Warhol inspired art.

The only rich guy I personally know is also the uttermost clumsiest guy I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>79319102
Seems like you rationailising your suffering.Wanna talk about it?
>>
why don't rich people just buy good health?

if i was rich i'd live forever

they must be dumb
>>
>>79319333
That's not economics, have you ever even taken an economics course? Economics is a study, that's just an edgy political statement.

But if you really believe that, why are there about 10 million millionaires in the United States, and 536 billionaires?
>>
File: 1465898521845.gif (1022 KB, 281x243) Image search: [Google]
1465898521845.gif
1022 KB, 281x243
>>79319580
>>
>>79319580
Rich people are so dumb.

Whenever someone rich goes through divorce or something like that, they should just buy another wife and instantly go back to be happy.

And if a relative dies, they should just buy a new relative. Problem solves!

I just don't understand why rich people aren't happy all the time. Makes no sense.
>>
>>79319484
>>79319484
>Romantacism
>Rationailising
>Literally fantasy
No thank you, I'll go back to thumb sucking with Freudian symbolism.
>>
I wonder if its a lack of goals/ambition since they dont need to worry about money.

I mean normal people are never satisfied, we get used to improvements and seek more. What's left to seek if you're rich? I make american median household and I already started feeling empty once I bought everything I could ever want (short of luxury items). Now ive shifted to being creative and I'm craving experiences. Maybe once those luxury items are in reach they are just troubled and direction less, unless they get greedy and just aim for more and more money just for the sake of money.
>>
>>79309993

Stupidest thing i've read all day OP, thanks..
>>
File: 1467056053755.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
1467056053755.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>>79319851
Can I suck your thumbs?
>>
>>79309993
>German flag

vote out merkel you softey
long live the english empire
>>
It makes me briefly angry when rich people look down on me, but then 30 seconds later I forget about it and don't care anymore.

I don't think I have the competitiveness to fuel the motivation to do the work to get rich.
>>
Child abuse/neglect
>>
>>79319694
Because 99.990% of rich inherited their fortune, and they prefer to spend money than investing.

>Simple economics 1010
>>
>>79310578
When the bull is not the bull you ordered.
>>
>>79309993
Idleness. An idle mind leaves all kinds of time for obsessing and negative thoughts. Couple that with all the shit that people are bombarded with through the media and pop culture and you end up with a whole shitload of neurotic obsessive anxiety prone depressed people.
>>
>>79320265
citation needed
>>
>>79319333
Yep, after the 1 million you can just invest in any secure title with a 10% of income per year and you are pratically done, you will have money enought for you and to invest more.
>>
File: cuck old.jpg (52 KB, 700x562) Image search: [Google]
cuck old.jpg
52 KB, 700x562
>>79320323
Life is hard in IkealÄnd.
>>
File: 1467250495166.jpg (139 KB, 600x796) Image search: [Google]
1467250495166.jpg
139 KB, 600x796
>>79309993
Rich people are normally more insane than poor people.

I believe this has to do with poor people requiring a regular routine to survive. If a poor person doesn't go to work, or even if they don't show up to a soup kitchen and stand in line on time, they don't eat.

A rich person eats whatever, whenever. They do not need to look at price tags, they do not need to check their bank account.

Most of the time they also have "Rich Person" jobs that don't even require them to show up on time if at all.

I am CTO of a mid-sized company that IPO'ed 2 years ago. I was 15% owner, dumped 10% of my stocks and now have quite a lot invested and liquid.

I am cartoonishly insane. I don't want to get into details, but its not all just being power mad, but also a lot of self hate and self loathing.

I don't think you can properly hate other people or be properly evil unless you really truly hate yourself first.
>>
100 years ago you would have been deemed mentally ill for any number of reasons, homosexuality, bdsm, blowjobs, name any fetish and it would deem you mentally ill. if you are depressed you are mentally ill. there is no metric known to mankind for what the fuck "depressed" is, other than our words describing our emotions, which is possibly the most subjective thing there is

what im trying to say is that psychology is modern shamanism, it's horseshit that middle class white women can spend their money on for whatever reason

don't trouble yourself over it. psychology is literally a meme tier academic field, it's the kind of thing that you ought to be embarrassed about studying
>>
>>79309993
Hedonic treadmill and genetics
>>
File: 1390240712721.jpg (140 KB, 1279x960) Image search: [Google]
1390240712721.jpg
140 KB, 1279x960
>>79315997
>I don't have limits, as weird as that sounds.
>The cold doesn't bother me, I don't care about the rain.

You could have been the guy for navy seals or any special forces.

I used to be like that too but after the military, loneliness and alcohol made me passive and anxious. All because I regarded being home as on a holiday so I let go of my values and habits.
>>
>>79309993

Happiness is:
-Someone to love
-Someone who loves you
-Something to do
-Something to look forward to

Money doesn't really factor much into it
>>
Why do people waste like half of their lives working to have money if it doesn't bring happiness? The stupid depressive rich are so hypocrite.
>>
>>79315917
jesus don't do that m8.

gl though, you've seen what the top is really about. there is no glory or happiness, its shit all the way through.
>>
>>79317564
Are you retarded or what? 60% of ultra-high net worth individuals are self-made, 20% are people like the fucking Saudi oil princes who were born into it, and the other 20% are people like Trump, who started rich and got really rich
>>
What a stupid fucking question.
>>
>>79309993
In all seriousness, most rich children are molested. Those pedophile clubs you've heard about are certainly real
>>
>>79316694
same here. And I have a pretty famous surname in Ireland and descended from some political leader. Fuckin sucks
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.