[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would you think of a real Spartan program /pol/? The kidnapping
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 42
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 1280x720
What would you think of a real Spartan program /pol/?
The kidnapping part would never work but ..
> orphans, homeless kids , young adults and those who have nothing can volunteer for the program
> put thorough years extreme physical training on par with special forces
> at a specific age or point they are out put though all kinds of scientific fuckary to increase they abilities even further with the most advanced science money can buy
> equipped with the best armor and weapons money can buy
>>
>>79304539
>The kidnapping part would never work but
Yes it would, look at The Finders.
>>
>>79304539
it would have the highest murder/suicide rate of any military unit ever. Don't forget that they were all castrated and master chief was a eunuch
>>
>>79304539
If today's weapons and armor then no. It only takes a single bullet to incapacitate a man or worse. With armor like in halo then yes.
>>
>>79304539
In real life they would only choose the best of the best. I would volunteer if they accepted anyone with nothing to lose, but i've also failed my draft so i have little hope to get into a super soldier program.
>>
I would be happy to volunteer for this. Way to old though. Wouldn't even mind being a washout, sitting crippled in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.
>>
>>79306325
but ho0w did he fuck cortona?
>>
>>79306864
They didn't start with bad ass armor. They trained without it and operated without it. They were deadly as fuck with or without their armor m8.
>>
>>79304539
>The kidnapping part would never work
Says fucking who?
>>
>>79309294
>and operated without it
No
Only the Spartan I program did
Also to OP
Thank you for only posting real Halo instead of that abomination that 343 has created
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 750x800) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 750x800
>>79306864
> one or two billets
> worlds most advanced armor
If the military funnled their funds into something like super armor it would probably be similar to the nanosuit armor from crisis
>>
>>79306325
>Don't forget that they were all castrated and master chief was a eunuch
Literally made that up
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 480x360
>>79309294
Point taken. Pic related.
>>
>>79306325
That's not true. Where the fuck is that in the lore?
>>
File: 1467307742064.jpg (34 KB, 485x527) Image search: [Google]
1467307742064.jpg
34 KB, 485x527
WE WUZ HALO N' SHEIT
>>
>>79304539
>The kidnapping part would never work but ..
It got russia and china some of the best athletes the world has ever seen

b-but muh feels

This is why China will be genetically engineering super soldiers while the west is trying to figure out how to impregnate men

Game over man
>>
>>79307075
Actually they chose people by specific rigid DNA standards not really actual skill
Also the Spartan III program took literally who's, injected them with much less harmful(although not as good) enhancements with almost 0 side effects and a bear perfect conversion rate and put them in suicide missions
>>
>>79308761
>Crippled
Try humongous deformities that would land you as an extra in a hills have eyes sequel
>>
>>79304539
The UNSC is a fascist government. Halo writers are pretty based. In the world they talk about uniting humanity through cognitive augmentation tech. So niggers in Halo were literally augmented to compete with whites and asians, and so they don't chimpout lol.
>>
>>79304539

They would all die to roadside bombs and mudshit mortar fire or die from their helicopter crashing.

This is real life, not fantasy. The human body is pretty fragile no matter what you do and no suit of armor will ever be able to negate all concussive forces
>>
>>79309907
He's Slav
>>
>>79309694
>spartan program that makes military sense
>abomination
/hg/ plz go
>>
>>79309751
There is absolutely no purpose in funding highly advanced programs to create super armor when robotic drones are vastly superior

The future of warfare is neckbeards in bunkers and robot loli samurai
>>
>>79310199
So my post still makes sense then.
>>
>>79309777
false. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-III_Program
>>
>>79304539
we already have it, its called the US marines

it basically kidnaps kids, turns them into psychopath killing machines with a lust for death

God bless the USA
>>
Starship troopers(book) mobile infantry training program might be more realistic.
>>
>>79304539
i like his skull.
>>
>>79304539
Am I allowed in if I'm a friendless shut in virgin poorfag
>>
>>79310149
>The UNSC is a fascist government
No they aren't
They're literally the same thing as The Alliance in Mass Effect(which stole the idea from Halo)
They're a unilateral military organization that follows strict codes and has a unifying head of command. The world is still broken up into nations and they govern themselves just like they do now.
>>79310149
Also anything made after Reach doesn't count so your nigger injections rent a thing
>>
>>79310337
oops meant this one
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/SPARTAN-II_program
>>
>>79310433
Only if you survive the training.>>79310467
>>
>>79304539
The program can't just take anyone, it's why they kidnapped specific children they had built reports on.
>>
>>79310151
The first Canadian post that I've seen that wasn't a shitpost.
>>
>>79310235
Fuck off back to your CoD pleb
>>
>>79309694
Spartan IIs only received Mjolnir armour well after their first operation, which was directed at Insurrectionists. Hell Mjolnir armour didn't even get shields for 27 years after it was first introduced.
>>
>>79306325
What books did you read anon?
>>
>>79310614

It's the truth. No suit of armor will ever protect you from an explosion. The suit might be survive relatively intact, but the person on the side of it is going to turn to mush. This entire thought experiemtn is not practical at all
>>
>>79310618
>CoD

But CoD turned into halo, not the other way around.
>>
>>79310918
Halo has anti gravity engines and weapons that spit plasma, wanna tell me how that's unrealistic or do you want to just enjoy sci-fi
>>
>>79310487
Their sex drives were reduced they were never castrated faggot
Shit Spartan I program soldiers even had kids that were called Spartan 1.1's
>>
The program wouldn't invoke the ancient Spartans like its name implies, it would become the praetorian guard. If such a unit existed, they would very quickly become kingmakers, and they could pick and choose who could hold power on Earth.
>>
>>79310333
No, fuck off Ivan
>>
>>79304539
what's the point? it's far more cost effective to give a dindu a gun and dump him in the middle east
>>
File: MIPEfkG.png (198 KB, 480x260) Image search: [Google]
MIPEfkG.png
198 KB, 480x260
>>79311136
>Implying the government wouldn't just send them on a suicide mission to make sure they couldn't take power themselves.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 265x265
>>79310918
> no suit will ever protectivy from an explosion
Iv always wonder why EOD uses the suits
If they fail, the bomb explodes and the guy inside is liquified though the suit usually survives
>>
>>79310918
>Confirmed for not knowing shit about the Spartan 2 program (though OP's pic IS the Spartan III)
They were augmented so that their bones are neigh indestructible and their nanosuits make eating shrapnel almost impossible
>>79310987
Are you usually this stupid or is it just a side effect of being so close to the holidays?
>>
>>79306325
A possible side effect of the spartan 2 program was a decreased sex drive. They are still very capable of having children still
>>
>>79310710
You beat me to it anon, I'm glad someone knows what they are talking about?
>>
>>79311333
Our deficit says otherwise
>>
>>79311490
>calling anon stupid for having different opinion

Summerfag spotted
>>
>>79304539
The moment we see supersoldiers, the questions will be how we created them and who these people are. You can't hide this type of stuff from the public.

Also, Spartans? Make Space Marines. They're way better.
>>
>>79311387
they don't use the suits that often actually.
>>
>>79311105
Spartan 1.1

What book was that anon seriously it sounds interesting
>>
>>79304539
its retarded

anything that messy and prone to killing people isn't going to yield positive results
>>
>>79311105
>Reminder that Sgt Johnson was a Spartan 1
>he knew what the ladies like

>superior firepower
>>
>>79311833
The Halo 5 mini-movie there is a retired Spartan II who has kids. No idea if its any books though.
>>
>>79310918
and I was agreeing with moose fucker
>>
>>79310095
As long as I get that increased brain power.
>>
>>79311833
Wasn't in a book, it was from the ilovebees ARG campaign for Halo 2.
>>
>>79311919
MARIA-062 who appear in the graphic novel story Armor Testing is also stated to have retired to have children.
>>
>>79309782
he died like 5 times in halo 1, his character didn't have death prevention
>>
>>79304539
Is that supposed to be Carter?
>>
Only if they're broken and not faggots like 343s spartans
>>
>>79304539
We would jump straight to an S4-style program. Not as good as S2s, but still far better than regular troops.

Not that there is much of a realistic reason to spend millions of dollars modifying the squishy part of an infantryman. Powered armor is powered for a reason, and real life engineers don't build suits that can kill their wearers because they're not that fucking dumb.
>>
>>79313083
The only reason the SII program was the way it was, is that the experimental augmentations had an incredibly narrow range of genetic compatibility and they needed to be administered before puberty for maximum results. By the time of the SIV program the augmentation technology had come a long way and was workable on adults.
>>
>>79312811
You mean he didn't really die and just took a small breather then came back when he felt like it?
>>
>>79304539
If we faced a threat like the covenant I would offer myself up.
>>
File: image.png (510 KB, 717x987) Image search: [Google]
image.png
510 KB, 717x987
When I was ten I once went into a Navy recruiters office to ask if i could be in such a similar program,he bought me an ice cream and showed me all his medals and talked about the history of the navy,he could've been a dick about it and called my parents,but he let me down easy.

I'm in DEP for a SEAL contract so I guess it worked out in the end.
>>
File: halo-wars-2.jpg (57 KB, 590x264) Image search: [Google]
halo-wars-2.jpg
57 KB, 590x264
ODSTs seem more viable

Also cooler

https://youtu.be/hXE1lhTg7c4
>>
>>79310918
actually a suit of armor can dampen the forces felt by an explosion.

>>79311387
the suit can actually save your life at certain ranges. its pretty useless though with bombs you're right next to that aren't shrapnel oriented.
>>
>>79310918
The Armour in Halo has a layer of gel that absorbs most of the force from that sort of stuff.
>>
Take the orphans and shit of society at young ages, use hormone/steroids an growth hormones in combo with training and weapons/armor.
Keep them in check by addicting them to an opium like drug. Kills pain,nerves , and any kind of emotional responses to being a butcher. Also negates their sex drive ,so no bullshit female relationship issues with the soldiers and no fucked up offspring.

TOP TIER soldiers. Probably wouldn't live past 60 , but in a cruel universe, the one with the cruelest army wins.
>>
>>79315991
Their controllers would be protected by them above all else as they carried the DRUGS that make their lives wrath living and the controllers could inspire absolute loyalty by punching them an rewarding them with more or less of said drugs
>>
The kidnapping part is literally the only part that would work. Immediately after the kidnapping John and his comrades were thrown out of an airplane and expected to find their way back. In the real world all of those kids would have died.
>>
>>79309057
WITH HIS FUCKING MIND YOU DIP
>>
>>79314337
"This is it baby, hold me."
>>
>>79315991
Yeah we saw what amazing warriors all those drugs child warriors in Afrika have become.
>>
>>79317046
"Africans" I.Q. sub-80, there is your answer. Also "child" doesn't help either.

They would have a competant controller (a officer of a sorts who is smart enough to use them a living weapons.
>>
>>79317332
>competant
Jesus Christ. Don't ever talk about IQ again.
>>
>>79317452
DERP, you pointed out a typo, aren't you witty. Socrates couldn't read or write ,yet you know who he was. Yes, my fat fingers and dyslexia damage my written word, but not my I.Q..
>>
>>79304539
Just get stupid women to give up their embryo at abortion clinics for money. Or get women and men to donate sperm and eggs for cash.

Then genetically manipulate them.
>>
>>79316621
He meant it for the elite cuz he knows the elite won't be coming back so he atleast showed some compassion at that elite's last moments. He's not just a badass in fighting.
>>
File: da pewdiepie.jpg (67 KB, 848x900) Image search: [Google]
da pewdiepie.jpg
67 KB, 848x900
>>79315120
Such a shame that trailer had to be used for such a lack luster game
>>
>>79310467
What the UNSC enforces it's rule with force and is primarily a militarily run government that integrates corporations as an arm of government. Literally the definition of fascism. Citizens are used only in so far as they can benefit the state, and inner system efficiency clashed with the outer colony lazy dindus who didn't want to pay taxes.

Nations exist in Halo, but they have no real power. The UNSC really rules everything, well technically ONI, as they run all the intelligence and supposedly have the most resources.

UNSC is highly meritocratic though, they don't ever grant sjw status to anybody. Nonperforming spartans were put down. Punishment for cowardice or insubordination can be summary execution, depending on CO's leniency. You learn this is the book about Halo 1's plot "the Flood", where Keyes considered executing an insubordinate minor character who wants to surrender to the covenant.

The covenant are actually pretty based, and if you look at the newer plots they may have actually been right. Their goal was to transcend physical reality and live in the domain (digital utopia). The new halo's are hinting that this is actually what the Halo rings did, instead of killing all the forerunners it just made them digitized.
>>
>>79318033
I know he didn't actually die. I just posted what your comment reminded me of.
>>
File: Aquila.jpg (357 KB, 3543x1343) Image search: [Google]
Aquila.jpg
357 KB, 3543x1343
>>79318252
You make them sound like the Imperium
>>
File: Ian_disgusted.jpg (245 KB, 570x845) Image search: [Google]
Ian_disgusted.jpg
245 KB, 570x845
>>79318252
>The new halo's are hinting that this is actually what the Halo rings did, instead of killing all the forerunners it just made them digitized.
343 shit is all trash. Trying to make the fan fiction tier books cannon was a big big fuck up.
>>
>>79315479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIdEu9BL8IU

That scene is impractical for many reasons. He had a tank shell blow up in his face and his suit did not even so much as dent. That means that all of the force was instead transferred to Tony Starks body. He would have been mush on the inside of that suit. It's the same reason why cars nowadays have crumple zones so that the occupants don't get massive whiplash and die.

I get it, sci-fi is cool but creating super soliders in this day and age is idiotic when they will most likely die from IED's and helo crashes. Massive waste of money if you ask me
>>
File: Joking time is over.jpg (26 KB, 282x325) Image search: [Google]
Joking time is over.jpg
26 KB, 282x325
>Spartans were created out of desperation once the Covenant Elites showed up and fucked everything up
>Halsey kidnapped children just to create something to at least give a fighting chance
>For some reason, 343 thought this was enough for Halsey to get in a lot of trouble even though her actions required a shitload of military support and funding
>Fuck, literally everything 343 did fucked Halo
>Anyway, the Spartans worked very well and could fuck Elites like it was nothing
>They won almost every encounter with the Covenant up until Reach
>Everyone knows what happened then

Basically, there's absolutely no need for Spartans since they were a desperation move that payed off. ODST would work for almost any other purpose unless we meet literally the Covenant.

>>79318399
Hey fuck you, I liked The Fall of Reach
>>
>>79304539
The Ottomans tried something similar.

In the end it was a bit shit.
>>
>>79318517
>Hey fuck you, I liked The Fall of Reach
You have shit taste my man.
>>
File: retard.png (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
15 KB, 300x300
>>79319142
>Judging Space Opera books meant for teens
>Thinking this hard about Space Opera
Go back to /lit/ you sperg
>>
>>79319142
The fuck are you talking about? It's the only Halo book worth reading.
>>
>>79318517
>Spartans were created out of desperation once the Covenant Elites showed up and fucked everything up

Can I stop you there my friend. If I remember correctly weren't they built to fight the insurgency? Infact they even had armour before the covenant arrived, they reverse engineered shield technology from them though.
I enjoyed the books when they came out.
>>
>>79318052
>dlc forcefully mutated into standalone game for profit
I only bought it for access to the beta,
but I enjoyed it for what it was
vanilla scifi with some shooty-bang mixed in
>>
>>79309751
Today's tech, the best we can hope for is Fallout Power Armor, but powered by a micro turbine.
>>
>>79318555
this

minus the futuristic augments/armor/whatever, the jans was pretty much spartans

also shit
>>
>>79304539
Na, there's a lot morally wrong with giving a kid the option to sign his life away.
>>
>>79319337
You are correct. They didn't even know about the covenant when they started the Spartan program.
>>
File: c13jgGV.jpg (164 KB, 1178x889) Image search: [Google]
c13jgGV.jpg
164 KB, 1178x889
I think if you had no qualms about the morality of it, and you pushed medial science to the limit and especially use of drugs to enhance abilities and focus them more you could have decent effect.

But in the long run it's better to just invest in machines that will fight for you. Something like pic-releated or even smaller, possibly carrying a shield to protect you, with a machine gun and also hauling gear for you.

You give 1/2/3 to a well trained soldier that simply orders them around.
>>
>>79319337
this.

Spartans were developed to oppress the colony worlds and keep them from rising up and going independent.

Humanity lucked out big time that the Spartan Ones were already in service when the Covenant appeared. Allowing the government to spin them as anti alien super soldiers.
>>
>>79319909
You mean Spartan II's. Spartan I's were a huge failure.
>>
>>79319508
Yup and the Ottomans aren't the only ones to have done this.

Slave soldiers were a common theme in Muslim empires and they all eventually turned to shit either because they gained too much power or just straight up stopped listening to their masters.

The Spartan program's creators are literally space Muslims.
>>
>>79319794

Maybe something more like this.
>>
>>79320545

Or like this.
>>
Sounds awesome
>>
>>79304539
memetic warfare and drone warfare are more effective

the future belongs to NEETs
>>
>>79318399
Uh, I dont know man.
The books about the forerunners were pretty top-tier.
>>
>>79304539
you cant have them sign any contracts before the age of 18 but what you could do is lay out criteria and introduce the concept to them at 13, have voluntary groups such (like scouts or rotc) and keep them on track until their 18th birthday.
>>
>>79320103
Johnson and the Reach Spartans were Ones.

MasterChief is a Two.

3s and 4s are ODST are super steroids.
>>
>>79320604

Description for that one:
>Here's the Roach multi purpose combat drone. 4 all terrain wheeled legs and 2 manipulator arms give it great versatility in motion and interaction. A 25mm cannon provides threatening anti armor potential and a LMG allows it to hunt and suppress infantry.

Pretty sweet if you ask me. If it cannot be done by just drones, send out humans protected by drones more suited for working together with humans.
>>
File: Marcus_Pete_Stacker_H3.jpg (790 KB, 1895x3337) Image search: [Google]
Marcus_Pete_Stacker_H3.jpg
790 KB, 1895x3337
What Halo REALLY needs is a new Johnson.
I vote Stacker, the probably most based down to earth human in the whole fucking universe.

>survives whole fucking war
>survives the first halo, including the flood
>survives the fall of new mombasa
>survives the second halo
>survives the siege on Earth
>survives the raid on the ark
>survives Requiem
>can proudly say he fought longer on the Chief's side than anybody else

The man, the myth, the legend
>>
>>79318468
spartans are not ordinary humans, they are taken apart and put back together with various genetic modifications and cybernetics to survive the forces of wearing the suit, among other things. not to mention they have sci-fi technology like force-fields. it's not a realistic explanation, but it's an explanation.

>I get it, sci-fi is cool but creating super soliders in this day and age is idiotic when they will most likely die from IED's and helo crashes. Massive waste of money if you ask me

america already spends a lot of money per soldier, and those soldiers have a relatively low fatality rate. the idea of genetically engineered soldiers has already been floated in serious contexts, even if they won't be anything like video game supersoldiers. much depends on how genetic engineering pans out, how easily it can be done and how much it costs.
>>
>>79318517
Halo 5 was utter shit. I didn't even buy it after watching just a few minutes of gameplay. Squad leader dindu and his diverse multicultural female team fucked it all up. Nobody cares about niggers, especially feminist spartans and niggers combined. Only acceptable female spartan is Kelly.
>>
File: Purge.jpg (968 KB, 2644x1983) Image search: [Google]
Purge.jpg
968 KB, 2644x1983
>>79320604
>>79320545
>>79319794
No no no fuck that. We weaponize roombas. Bear with me here, we shall call them doombas and they will not only kill, but also clean up all the evidence afterword.
>>
>>79321744
I played the game and didnt see any feminist stuff
What bothered me way more is that they didnt deliver anyhow on the whole 'Chief is a traitor' thing
And that Chief had been given only 3 missions is a fucking disgrace while we were forced to sympathise with Locke as the """"""""""tragic"""""""" antihero
>>
>>79321229
Reach Spartans were Spartan III's
>>
>>79321804
Just wanted to inform you that in no way will I monetize this idea.
>>
>>79321993
I think one of them was a Spartan II
>>
>>79306325
Might be confusing with the WH40K where the space marines are chem gelded.
>>
>>79309857

Spartans have known to have severe depression; but never suicidal as the original poster indicates.

But in reality; probably could have extremely high-suicide rates if there was a program that existed; I think that is what he is getting at.
>>
>>79322090
Yeah that was Jorge
>>
>>79315120
This;

I agree with this anon a lot more on the basis that current genetic engineering would not be possible today; but with advancements of re-entry technology for space-craft, a real "Orbital Drop Shock Trooper" seems a lot more possible.
>>
>>79321940
That squad commander bitch? Half of Locke's team? Cortana being the new ruler of the universe? Dr. Halsey trying to cuck males at every opportunity?

Chief saved the world like 4 fucking times, the whole traitor thing was so forced and cringey it hurt. They didn't even give us a chief/locke boss battle, just some illogical large robot boss. Horrible game, 2/10. I give it 2 points because the visuals are ok.
>>
>>79322091
Space Marines don't get gelded they just become impotent. There's a few stories where they fuck daemonettes and shit.
>>
>>79321804

Clever, but roombas are expensive.
>>
>>79311387
the suit is to hold most of what's left of your body so at least the family can bury something
>>
>>79322509
I think that's more a result of Chaotic mutation than anything
>>
>>79322453
>Halsey trying to cuck males
What the fuck do you mean?
>>
>>79322517
Bipedal war machines are a literal meme. Treads are superior to legs in every way
>>
>>79304539
Why do all that shit when you can just bomb your enemies from orbit and sort through the rubble after they surrender...
>>
>>79322453
Yeah, like I said I think it was utter trash.
But they werent really pushing an agenda or something like with other games, females like Cortana or Miranda who were somewhat based have always been part of the games.
And yea couldnt agree less on the 'traitor' part.
I thought when I saw the trailer that he must have done something absolutely horrible, like a genocide or something, with the dead colony and the UNSC Infinity being kill in the background. But nope, he just didnt follow an order and went AWOL to retrieve an important asset
And why for god sake did they bring Cortana back?? It diminished any kind of character development for the chief, and was just a fucking stupid move
>>
>>79322754

And I would agree in most cases, but some terrain requires legs.

I think the best solution is to combine both. Kinda like >>79320604 where you have legs but also wheels.
>>
>>79313083
S4's were retarded failures, just train ODST's or S3's to save time and money
>>
No because women would somehow manage to shit it up and ruin it like everything else.
>>
>>79304539
It's cheaper just to build a terminator-style robot that can outclass a human in every measure except intelligence and possibly dexterity. It's not that far off.
>>
File: 1399238068356.jpg (85 KB, 896x696) Image search: [Google]
1399238068356.jpg
85 KB, 896x696
>>79315120

Either;

We need power armor first, and for power-armor to be functional it will require extremely high energy concentration batteries, reactors, something.

Or we need far more advanced materials science, our body armor is too heavy, and not sufficiently protective. If we can modify the armor such that it is strong enough to withstand a tank shell without liquidating the guy inside it, then we may be able to create something like ODST.
>>
>>79306325
one of the side effects of the Spartan 2 program was decreased sex drive

Decreased Sex drive does not mean Sterile/Eunuch
>>
>>79315120
>ywn be an ODST
>ywn operate innacolonies
>ywn drop behind enemy lines with a meteor shower as cover for your SOEIV pods
>ywn literally become the Predator to innies deep in the jungle
>ywn shoot a supressed SMG
>>
Fuhgedabout Spartans. Cortana IRL when? In b4 Microsoft Cortana
>>
File: 1458472457685.jpg (264 KB, 1024x1449) Image search: [Google]
1458472457685.jpg
264 KB, 1024x1449
We need to go further...
>>
>>79322853
>And why for god sake did they bring Cortana back?? It diminished any kind of character development for the chief, and was just a fucking stupid move

Man I'm glad I didn't bother with that piece of trash. Halo 4 wasn't great, but it had character development for Chief which was kind of cool.
I thought 5 would be a "broken soldier" perspective story but I guess 343 just swept all that shit under the rug and magically fixed it, I honestly don't know why I expected anything more.
>>
File: MorePurge.jpg (110 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
MorePurge.jpg
110 KB, 800x600
>>79322517
and so is a war machine
>>
>>79323382
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swCCjXaCAds

I would volunteer for drop pod duty.
>>
>>79304539
t. Geralt of Rivia
>>
>>79322695
This. Space marines are eunuchs by nature since when humanity first started to experiment with superhumans before the Fall, they were one of the three reasons, along with the iron men revolt and the psyker shittery for the whole reason human civilization went tits up.

Chaosfaggotry or maybe dark eldar dickery could reverse it, but its not a normal thing by far.

Easier to attach a pair of testicles on a fucking Tau than to a spesshe muhreen.
>>
>>79306325
They have decreased sex drives. Their fertility is left unaffected. Randall from Halo Nightfall had a daughter and so did Maria. The Murder/suicide thing is on point though. All that work and planning/choosing and they were always sent on suicide missions.
>>
File: KsoxTEB.jpg (138 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
KsoxTEB.jpg
138 KB, 636x358
>>79304539
First time I see the Halo series in /pol/ even though it's the most redpilled video game out there (used to be until 343 took it)

Humanity, UNSC-Christians, right wing europeans
Insurrectionists-Slavic Communists
Covenant-Muh Covenant religion of peace
Prophets-"LOL these guys believe everything we tell them, OY VEY!, muh sacred journey"
>>
>>79323505
Are those training swords or something?
>>
>>79304619
Not many people know about this one. I do. Spooky shit.
>>
File: doublepurge.jpg (56 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
doublepurge.jpg
56 KB, 500x670
>>79323933
maybe
>>
File: halo_3_odst.0.0.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
halo_3_odst.0.0.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
ODST's are not only more realistic, they are also way cooler.
>>
>tfw The Halo mod for Arma 3 is the cloeset we'll ever get to operating innacolonies
>>
File: 1238118902427.jpg (150 KB, 1245x700) Image search: [Google]
1238118902427.jpg
150 KB, 1245x700
the kidnapping part is the only reason it worked as well as it did. they needed to indoctrinate the kids for years, while they were still very young. i'm pretty sure the time was necessary to tune each and every gene treatment, as well, along with all the musculo-skeletal augmentations and steroid therapies.

the parents got flash clones to say goodbye to, anyhow.
>>
>>79324092
I swear to god, we are only one inventive asshole who uses those lego mindstorms to building a full roompa kill-bot...
>>
>>79324284
Dropping of a Warthog with The Eradinus Insurrect…: http://youtu.be/MFC20KOoi9c
It's called Operation Trebuchet now for those intrested
>>
>>79304539

Points probably been made before this post but. A warrior caste philosophy would never work in modern combat. Whats the point in spending millions over the years of a kid/adults life for him to see combat maybe once, and be just as likely (even given the best equipment possible as of today) to be killed by a mortar or random concrete shrapnel.

Conscript and Volunteer forces are the only feasible ways for even the richest nations to maintain a standing army.
>>
>>79323826
Space Marines are arguably not even human anymore

They're Post Human
>>
File: FixAfrica.jpg (21 KB, 427x307) Image search: [Google]
FixAfrica.jpg
21 KB, 427x307
>>79324535
>>
>>79324362
don't forget the genetic factors, they needed to be prodigies so they could survive the training and augmentations
>>
>>79323496
I think H4 was pretty cool, in hindsight.
It just wasnt what I expected it to be when I bought it. I didnt like the narrative that humanity had come out somehow stronger than the rest of the covenant when the 30 year long war was fought mainly in human space. I dont like how they pushed the Independence stuff when it wasnt a major point during the halo saga at all. Why for examples would 'Innies' allow Grunts or Jackals on their homeworld?? Well, that was Karen Traviss' novel so I guess I shouldn't have expected that much, but the fact it has to be considered canon is grinding my gears.
For some reason, 343 got huntthetruth very right, and for some reason got h5 very wrong
And yeah, though I love that they brought his old team back, the way they brought them back was underwhelming. I think they they didnt know how to portrait Chief post halo4 and said 'Well, lets fuck it, we focus on our new posterboy instead' and that is my main reason atleast why I hate the game so much.
Or let me word it better. The guy responsible for the story of h5 was different from h4, and I hate the game, but hate him even more.
I think there was even a petition floating around sometime ago by fans calling for him to give up his post.
>>
File: ChinaPurge.png (383 KB, 529x370) Image search: [Google]
ChinaPurge.png
383 KB, 529x370
>>79324535
If china used doombas
>>
>>79324210
This. I bet those armor plates are heavy as fuck without augmentation.
>>
>>79324566
Spartans are special forces. Only go in when all else is fucked. They're not your standard rank and file solider.
>>
File: Lunar War.png (463 KB, 700x688) Image search: [Google]
Lunar War.png
463 KB, 700x688
>>79304539
>What would you think of a real Spartan program /pol/?
Spartan 2? Spartan 3? or are talking about Spartan 4?
>>
>>79325053
Damn, that reminds me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Viwwetf0gU

When you have a chainsaw, you just have to have mobility.

Real life manhacks when?
>>
File: 3952209-3199378803-tumbl.jpg (211 KB, 1280x722) Image search: [Google]
3952209-3199378803-tumbl.jpg
211 KB, 1280x722
>>79318252
>Their goal was to transcend physical reality and live in the domain (digital utopia). The new halo's are hinting that this is actually what the Halo rings did, instead of killing all the forerunners it just made them digitized.

That's the first time I heard this. I read most of the books, where was this mentioned?
>>
>>79326111
Once we give roombas wings
>>
File: AllThePurge.jpg (96 KB, 680x910) Image search: [Google]
AllThePurge.jpg
96 KB, 680x910
>>79326280
Fuck, image didnt want to upload
>>
>>79304619
>mentioning the finders

You shouldn't do that, anon
>>
File: 1462733455479.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
1462733455479.png
74 KB, 412x351
>ywn be an ODST
>>
Why does the Halo universe have so much lore despite being a shooter? Seriously, you can make a few rpg games based on the current lore.
>>
>>79304539
>or they can just fire few missiles from a drone
>>
>>79326832
Yeah its pretty crazy how theres so much lore. Love it though
>>
>>79326832
Because Bungie is your friend. Was, anyway. Destiny crashed and burned pretty hard.
>>
>>79304619
>muh /x/ tier spoopy stories
end you're life
>>
>>79329398
The finders has actual police reports to back it up. You fuck off
>>
http://krautchan.net/vip/thread-25712.html
>>
File: spartannebraska.jpg (39 KB, 400x535) Image search: [Google]
spartannebraska.jpg
39 KB, 400x535
>>
File: 55007639.jpg (190 KB, 500x505) Image search: [Google]
55007639.jpg
190 KB, 500x505
>>
>>79304539
Jannisaries?
>>
>>79324721

In africa, the bot would have to watch out for HIV
>>
>>79329127
Destiny at least tried to have a lore when the Taken king came out.
Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.