[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is the American education system so fucking bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17
File: American education in action.jpg (891 KB, 2019x1231) Image search: [Google]
American education in action.jpg
891 KB, 2019x1231
Why is the American education system so fucking bad?
>>
File: 18183tgkpy8a6png.png (82 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
18183tgkpy8a6png.png
82 KB, 636x358
>>
Women teachers, bloated administration.
>>
File: 1366659695774.jpg (114 KB, 500x373) Image search: [Google]
1366659695774.jpg
114 KB, 500x373
>>79288397
Liberals think the only way to fix a problem is throw money at it.

In reality that only makes the problem bigger without actually fixing anything.
>>
>>79288691

He's not wrong. People who only got to Unis because of their athletic performances should stick to what they know. It's not like most of them have IQ above 80 anyway, trying to educate them is a waste of everyone's time and money.
>>
File: costanza-yea.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
costanza-yea.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>79288397

(((Twitter)))
>>
>>79288397
it's run by the government, panders to niggers, and filled with women.

It's basically a perfect example of why the government here is shit at everything.
>>
>>79288397

It functions mainly as a day care and propaganda institution that provides hot meals to inner city dreamers.

Education is a secondary concern
>>
>>79288397

Public schools are state funded daycare for poor people and minorities.
>>
>>79288736
Nice damage control, you burgers are just racially inferior
>>
>>79289001
Maybe
>>
I have never had antibiotics in my life (muh chickenfood) neither has it ever been recommended to me
Is it normal in other countries to do so?
>>
>>79288834
If you don't make it to the NFL, MLB or so on you don't really go on to work in what degree you got. I agree with you, athletes should have their own sport related curriculum
>>
Blacks.

White Americans overperform relative to Europeans.

/thread
>>
>>79288834
Without shovelling them into classes they don't give a fuck about, universities wouldn't have a legal way to exploit them without paying them.

Plus, having that California native who never set foot in your endless corn field of a state until the first day of OTAs actually take classes helps feed the rabid tribalism that the college sports business model is founded on.
>>
>>79289078
Only if you have an infection
>>
>>79289209
This.

College football is so fucking degenerate. It gives sluts and douchelords a reason to be proud of some stupid shit they were involved in for 4 years of their life. College sports are the absolute worst.
>>
>>79289078
Yes, it is. I had antibiotics twice in my life, one time after surgery and another after serious accident with open wound. If you take too much antibiotics you are as stupid and dangerous as anti-vaccination folks.
>>
>>79288397
Americans got the lowest IQ for a first world country. Do we need more explanations?
>>
>>79289078
The only time I had to take antibiotics was before some dental surgery I had, just as a preventive measure. Colds heal themselves eventually.
>>
>>79289432

Blacks.

White American overperform relative to Europeans.
>>
> ITT: People mocking people taking antibiotics for the flu but still won't get the vaccine.
>>
>>79288397
-Niggers
-Spics
-Race to the bottom from liberals to adapt at these 2

Same problem here too, with lazy, full of privilege professors in bonus.
>>
File: 3500.jpg (187 KB, 1920x1153) Image search: [Google]
3500.jpg
187 KB, 1920x1153
>>79288397
because the basic function of school is to keep kids in one place for a few hours so their parents can go to work. education is secondary at best
>>
>>79289575
As far as I know most of anti-vaccination people are alternative medicine users so the probably don't. Also don't be naive, most of the people who take vaccines don't know why they are doing this and why is it important. The just do.
>>
>>79289432
If you take out our African american population the average IQ goes up 7 points, probably more if you took out the pedro's as well.
>>
>>79288397

I'm wondering the same thing, after seeing that thread yesterday where everyone was saying that 1000 people isn't enough for a poll
>>
>>79289701
>privileged professors
professors don't get paid shit, dawg. most of em don't even get health insurance
>>
isn't the flu a virus infection? why the fuck would you treat it with antibiotics?
>>
>>79289575
I guess every country has its stupid people, including france.

Does nobody in this thread realize the point of OPs image is to make fun of people taking antibiotics for viral infections that they will have no effect on.
>>
>>79288397
>1 post by id
>>
>>79289575
Anti-vaccination is retarded, also taking antibiotics for the common cold is also retarded.
>>
>>79289078

You are lying.
>>
>>79290149
Why would I lie?
>>
>>79289973
Like OP said, American education system.
>>
>>79288397
There are plenty of niggers in America. It kind of ruins it for the rest of of
>>
>>79288834

Almost all of them take fluff classes where professors are told to give them A's to prevent them from getting kicked out. Niggers make hundreds of millions putting balls through hoops and throwing leather egg balls at each other.
>>
>>79288736
>Women teachers, bloated administration.

ayo we need mo money fo dem programz senpai
>>
How is a nation full of retards blowing the whole world out of the water when it comes to science and technology? are you even trying?
>>
>>79290653
The pursuit of the all mighty dollar is a great motivator.
>>
Because it got taken over by cultural marxists and their useful idiots. I'm never having kids unless I break 6 figures so I can send them to a private school.
>>
>>79291257
This quite honestly along with Common Core. American public education is honestly so fucked, moreso than other countries.
>>
File: 1467119320569.gif (986 KB, 308x184) Image search: [Google]
1467119320569.gif
986 KB, 308x184
>>79288397

Not sure, you should ask the legions of mudbloods and europeons who literally uproot their entire existence for a chance to go to our universities. 4 out of 5 best in the world.

Getting lapped by a bunch if inbred monolingual fatasses isnt something I would make a thread about, but thats none of my business.
>>
>>79288397
kek, the CDC just made this simple quiz on antibiotics
http://www.cdc.gov/getsmart/community/about/quiz.html
>>
>>79290057
Antibiotics works against bacterial infection and the flu is viral (and "cold" isn't anything) so it's stupid to take antibiotics for that, we all agree.

But it's also stupid to complain about the flu and not take the perfectly working vaccine every year.
>>
File: 1466330199264.png (83 KB, 360x240) Image search: [Google]
1466330199264.png
83 KB, 360x240
>>79291777
What?
>>
>>79290653
>doesn't realize how the US department of defense works

My sister got all As from the start of grading (about year 2, so 8 years old) to year 12, then graduated and went into an engineering degree which she proceeded to blow the fuck out of.

So, one day I'm rolling about at home doing random shit, and she calls me.

She's just been picked up and is going to California for DoD work.

I ask how much she's gonna get paid, she says "I didn't know they put that many zeroes on a paycheck."

She's now working for upwards of 450,000 USD a year with full benefits, full insurance, guaranteed holidays, etc.

If you're good (which is rare, she was a bloody country girl planning to work with construction in Australia if that helps you imagine the chances) they will not stop throwing money at you until you give in.

Apparently it started at 150k, went up to 250k, she started ignoring them because she thought it was a prank, then it went all the way up to 450k.

If they want somebody, they'll get them. Simple as that.
>>
>>79292204
Sometimes doctors give antibiotics to flu to prevent bacterial infections
>>
>>79292285
>unironicaly falling for the american education meme
>>
>>79292464
Hmmmm. Usually the DoD hires only natural-born US citizens
>>
>>79290149
>hypochondriacs who get filled with shit every time they have a dry throat
>getting flu shots EVER
>>
>>79292807
Well they hired my sister, maybe she's that important. I'm not completely sure what she does there, but it's something high up.
>>
>>79292464
Your sister's a dirty fucking whore who should be a housewife not an engineer.
>>
>>79288691
This man is correct. As an Alabama fan I don't give a Fuck if anyone on the team can add as long as they know their routes and can memorize their plays.
Honestly football should be a major, who gives a Fuck if the QB goes to class?
>>
File: 1369672747000.png (222 KB, 440x922) Image search: [Google]
1369672747000.png
222 KB, 440x922
>>79289001
White burgers, no.

"Urban" burgers, yes.
>>
>>79288397
>Antibiotics
>It be just like magic
>>
anti-intellectualism on a wide scale
>americans
>>
>>79293212
Most college players arent good enough to make it into the pros, few make it in. They need some kind of backup plan, else we would just see thousands of 23 year old men everywhere bitching that they have nowhere to go after theyre done with college.
>>
>>79288691
He's right.

Their greatest value in society is going to be getting concussions for the viewing pleasure of others. There is literally no reason for them to learn how history or math.
>>
>>79288397
How long until we will get some super disease which will kill most of us? Ebola failed.
>>
>>79289078

antibiotics affect bacteria. flu is due to virus, no effect on virus. virus causes "colds".
>>
>>79288397
They sprinkle their crops with antibiotics, mate.
They are the source of every nasty antibiotic-resistant shit in the world. But oh noe - its "chinese bird flu", everything is "somehow" found in China, before chinese even know it.
>>
>>79293681
> antibiotics do not affect modern viruses, after we made perfect environment for their reprodiction by pouring thousands of tonnes of antibiotic solutions on our fields
> because hey: antibiotic solution - it the solution, not the problem, dude, peace, fuck corporation, yeah, shedded cheese hom nom nom
>>
>>79290149
I've never had antibiotics either. I'm 25.
>>
>>79288691
Sadly American universities are pointless propaganda now days.
>>
>>79293292
Sauce
>>
>>79293212
It basically is a major, the "Youth and Community Studies" or "Physical Culture and Development" is basically just a bare-bones coaching development course. If they don't go pro, they go coach at a middle school.

Except for the kickers, they go to business school.
>>
>>79288397
Everyone mong cuck in finland knows harvard.

Literally even the most educated here couldn't name a single one of your shitty universities.

We win Genghis
>>
>>79288397
Not sure what you're talking about, isn't this American individualism in action?
There is zero incentive to avoid antibiotics on an individual basis, only populational
>>
>>79294002

What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>79295019
his posting is fueled by bathtub vodka and krokodil
>>
Because college wouldn't be an absolute necessity if it weren't for the poor public schooling system. People think the solution is making college free, but that really just further devalues a college degree. We need to fix public schooling instead of making college degrees the new diploma.
>>
>>79288397
Many people, including you, can't tell the difference between having a virus or a bacterial infection. Usually you need a rapid test to screen for them. Sometimes you can have the flu virus AND a sinus infection at the same time- which unfortunately has happened to me.

Without going to medical school or having rapid tests available at home, the vast majority of people call any and all illnesses "a cold" or "the flu" interchangeably because they have no discernible difference between the two or any other illness without expert advice.

What you're describing is a separate "issue" from our shitty educational system.
>>
>>79294703
Just do a internet search of PISA score by race.
>>
File: americans are shit.png (314 KB, 1184x597) Image search: [Google]
americans are shit.png
314 KB, 1184x597
>>79288397
Because it has to teach Americans.
>>
>>79288397
Niggers. Seriously. Take a young idealistic teacher and put them in with some "problem children" and you break their spirit really fast.
>>
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/305251.php
>ARTIs - such as the common cold, uncomplicated bronchitis, sore throat and sinus infection - are the most common reason for outpatient antibiotic prescriptions for adults in the US.

wew
>>
>>79288397

Why is the school system shit? Because they are teaching kids what to think instead of how to think.

They don't teach children philosophy, genetics, or morality at a young age.

In my case, they yelled at me every single fucking day and I was a nervous wreck. And I didn't do anything wrong, it was the niggers, arabs, and spics in my class chimping out.

That was just with 3 niggers in a class. I wonder what an all black school must be like. Holy shit.

Things got way too easy in university and they still didn't teach us how to think.

Instead of telling kids, "make your dreams come true" tell them "Belief is determined by neurological responses to internal and external stimuli and if you enlighten yourself to a point where you understand the nature of reality, nothing should offend you."

And then there are obstacles in your way, like really hollow HR women that don't hire you because they think you "lack confidence". Like how the fuck do you know I lack confidence you cunt? I traveled to a different city just to take the interview. HOW DO I LACK CONFIDENCE?

KEEP IN TOUCH WITH ME? JUST TELL ME NO! STOP WASTING MY TIME. FUCK YOU.
>>
>>79293292

Pretty sure White Canadian would be pretty close to the top. I know here every couple years the press freaks out because we have the lowest reading/math scores in Canada, but it's solely because of all the natives here.
>>
>>79296948
>what are secondary opportunistic bacterial infections
ever get over a bout of bronchitis only to get sick again directly after, having your mucous turn from yellow to green?
>>
>>79288397
This picture made me mad as fuck.
>>
>>79288822
lool, is this real life
>>
>>79288691
Pro tip: If you go to an American university with a sports program you are subsidizing these retards and paying for them to be in a development program for pro teams. Most universities don't cover their sports programs costs without athletics fees.
>>
>>79288397

We had to lower standards until women and minorities could get passing grades because appearing to educate everyone equally thus proving that we're all the same, is more important than acknowledging that different groups might require different styles of education and might have different intellectual capacities
>>
>>79297129
you're saying doctors prescribe antibiotics against common cold in case of a secondary opportunistic bacterial before diagnosis?
>>
>>79288397
I know this sounds fucked up, but I had a better education when I lived in the states. I came home, and some people can't even think to add periods to their sentences.
>>
>>79289513
Yes, of course. Keep dreaming
>>
>>79297318
Yes. I'm not saying I agree with this.

Doctors here are basically strong-armed (read: muh feels, muh insurance payments, muh uneducated and loudly-complaining retard americans) into handing out antibiotics like candy. If an american goes to the doc and DOESN'T get antibiotics then they think the doctor is a quack rather than assuming that the doctor trusts your own immune system to do the fighting.

I hate americans for this reason, and for many, many other reasons.
>>
Alright lads, I'm a daily 420 blazer, (xD) and I also used it to alleviate the cold symptoms, and it really helped every time, I mean imagine actually being able to eat and do something besides lying in bed when having a fever (for example shitpost on /pol/)
>>
>>79288834
Me and both my brothers played D1 sports. I got a degree in EE and they both did business related majors. They both went pro though but they have good degrees to call back on.

We're not all retards (but yes many have no business being in college)
>>
>>79297577
I'm sick right now, too (Upper respiratory infection from swimming in the river, I think) and I'm BLAZEING IT, FAGGOT right now, too.

hi-five for sick rippers half-a-world-apart

although I'm smoking 21% THC ultra-dank colorado nuggs while you're probably smoking shit on-par with our mexican sand weed
>>
>>79297840
Business degrees are typically for retards
>>
>>79297840
>business related majors
I could take a business final exam and pass that shit having never taken a business class
>business degree
into the trash
>>
>>79289078
Me neither but it's more because i never get sick, i think doctors here are more antibiotic happy
>>
>>79297987
>>79298064

A college degree plus being a pro athlete in the world today is a pretty good thing to have on a resume you have to admit.

They both have an absurd amount of connections when they decide to hang it up.
>>
>>79288397
Because it's not cool to be intelligent.
>>
>>79288397
Bush Jr.
No child left behind leaves teachers teaching test taking skills more than teaching.
System with too many rules, that can't be followed because it's too expensive vs the new aircraft carrier.
Social media. People are dumb enough to repeat everything that's told to them without fact checking.
>>
>This whole thread

Damn, it feels god to be a Doctor.

I know I'm just a spic doc in a third world shithole but Jesús fucking Cristo people, pick up a fucking biology book, most of you are hopelessly ignorant when it comes to medical stuff.
>>
>>79289078

Once in the jungle when I had a parasite
>>
i wish i could tell you but i need to know how european school feels like so i could compare and contrast. biology class though it sucked because it was a freshman class. everyone was loud, throwing stuff, just copying the asian, and not paying attention. teacher just stopped trying after a while
>>
Keep them dumb, in debt, and voting Democrat.
>>
>>79298951
Holy fuck a mexican intellectual
>>
>>79298803
>People on Social media are dumb enough to repeat everything that's told to them without fact checking.
>>
>>79288397
These retards.....
>>
>>79297840
why brag on an anonymous image board when it lends nothing of substance to a conversation about averages
>>
>>79293212
It's because the NCAA needs to maintain the façade of "student-athlete" in order to stay non-profit, tax free
>>
>>79288397
Because the kids don't give a shit and the teachers care more about enforcing their rules than actually teaching anything.

One time in eighth grade I was suspended for a day for violating the schools dress code by not wearing a fucking belt.
>>
>>79299481
>why brag on an anonymous image board
I've been asking myself this for over a decade, now. There is no answer. I know it's all lies, as I lie constantly in almost every single post I make here and I assume 90% of all posts are heavily embellished or outright lies
>>
>>79288397
Minorities dragging averages down, standardized testing, teacher's unions. All 3 if these things working together simultaneously
>>
>>79298803

This, and a leveling process has taken place to make high school degrees more accessible to blacks. It's difficult to point to exact legislation, but all you have to is look at some old textbooks pre-desegregation and after to see what I mean. I have some old 1930s Latin textbooks for 5th graders which would now be suitable for AP Latin students. That is how much dumber we are getting as a nation. Standardization at the federal and even the state level has had a disastrous effect on the quality of education. You can still get a decent secondary education through taking a heavy course load of AP classes (that's college level, euros); but the people who do this are few and far between. At my public high school of 2,000 people maybe 30 of us took a lot of AP courses. Only about 15 of us took exclusively AP courses junior and senior years.

How do we fix education? We nuke Hollywood, introduce mass media laws, leave education standards up to the state and local governments, allow more students to be homeschooled, encourage increased standards across the board through incentives, and segregate the schools. In other words, we can't fix it. Sorry. We are going to continue getting dumber.
>>
Ex teacher here.

The core of it is niggers.

US Education has become fairly centralized and with American centralization comes standardization. The entire system is only as strong as the lowest common denominator.

People bitch about common core, but things like it have been occuring since the Commies shot Sputnik into space. Schools stopped being local school houses and became standarsized trying to focus on math and science, which generally works for standardization. However, there was one demographic not keeping up as time went on. So new programs were instituted every couple of years, and as most people in the education field tend to be altruistic, they could not be content with the conclusion that niggers are naturally unintelligent.

So over and over, through decades, standards are lowered, new programs are tried, new styles of teaching, new theories... All for nothing.

Except for knocking down the other demographics able to acquire knowledge. The constant lowering for that particular demographic has actually given that demographic's view on education a foot hold for everyone else to follow. Asians do well, natives and beaners do slightly worse than whites, but it's nowhere near as bad as niggers. And really beaner kids are at a disadvantage by not knowing english and STILL outperform nigs.

And full circle... The nation's education boarda go "b-but we tried this new process/method/testing... why aren't blacks doing better... WE MUST STILL BE TOO RACIST WE NEED TO TRY HARDER..." forever.
>>
>>79288397
Federalized education designed for indoctrination and to destroy creative thought.
>>
>>79288736

Women have been fairly consistently shown to be better teachers, on average.

You're right about bloat though.
>>
>>79300226
At a certain point in time you'd think teachers would become wholly disillusioned by the idea of black people being literal knuckle draggers.
>>
>>79300674
Ironically, and from my experience, it's the black teachers who realize it the most.

But the entire field has also gone to shit due to PC culture and helicopter parents. I know a teacher who lost her job because some suburban mom found a picture on the internet of the teacher when she was in college holding a red cup. No actual proof there was alcohol in said cup, but it became such a stink she got let go.

Teachers are either so disillusioned or the most brainwashed sheep, because those are the only two people who will take 40k a year to be a nigger baby sitter and parent punching bag.
>>
I've only taken anti-biotics like three times my entire life. Hell I usually ride out headaches then take aspirin.

Why the fuck would you take it for a cold?
>>
>>79300551
Fuck no. Women are scatterbrained nut cases. I always learned exponentially more from my male teachers.
>>
i rarely get sick and i never take medicine

most of the people i know who are constantly sick have shit hygiene and shit health in general

you never wash your hands and live off of mcdonalds and sleep 5 hours a night? wow i am so surprised that your body is struggling to protect you from the common cold!
>>
>>79301436
So god damn true, got a friend whos a 1st grade teacher she used to always come over in tears talking about how her nig students dont listen to her and hit her just causing complete chaos in general. She would call their parents to try to resolve the situation and they would always claim they dindu nuffin. I thought it would be enough to red pill her, but nope...
>>
>>79288397
> US has 3rd highest population in the world
> 350+ MILLION people
> OP founds some idiots on twatter, which is simply Flypaper for idiots
> Sample size is 10 twatter users
> 5 dumb bitches, 1 poo in loo, 1 beaner, 1 dipshit nebbish giga-jew, 1 theatre agent and 1 dumb chad.
> this proves american education is worthless

wow OP, you really fagged the faggot out of fagotry with this thread.
>>
>>79304105
but american education is worthless by every measurable metric. you must be a nigger
>>
File: F0Km61h.png (94 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
F0Km61h.png
94 KB, 1024x776
>>79288691
>>
Author Gary
Allen maintains, “Those who control education will over a period of
several generations control a nation.

On March 2, 1867, offi cials created the National Bureau of Education,
under the jurisdiction of the Department of Interior, with Yaleeducated
Henry Barnard as the fi rst Commissioner of Education.173
Immediately following the Civil War, American-born George
Peabody, a freemason and a British banker, funded the Southern
Education Fund, reportedly to resuscitate Southern culture. It was
the precedent for Rockefeller’s General Education Board.174 In April
1872, the US Bureau of Education, to accommodate the needs of top
businessmen concerned about the availability of compliant workers,
published a pamphlet addressing problematic schooling.175 In 1875,
they adopted the name the Offi ce of Education and began gathering
statistical information on US educational institutions under the
auspices of the Interior Department. Educator John Eaton claimed
that public education would reduce crime and increase one’s earning
power
>>
File: 1466701281663.jpg (56 KB, 335x375) Image search: [Google]
1466701281663.jpg
56 KB, 335x375
>>79304105
>tfw I don't need to live in the third world shithole known as America
http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2013/12/american-schools-vs-the-world-expensive-unequal-bad-at-math/281983/
>>
File: 1354078057413.png (82 KB, 1024x776) Image search: [Google]
1354078057413.png
82 KB, 1024x776
>>79293292

Pretty much this. If you subtract the nigger and hispanic equation out of our numbers, it's drastically higher and one of the best.
>>
>>79288397
And why do we shit ourselves so much?
>>
>>79304924

In 1887, John D. Rockefeller gave $600,000 to Frederick T. Gates,
a graduate of Rochester Theological Seminary, to establish
the University of Chicago. Gates, who previously managed the
philanthropic affairs of the late George A. Pillsbury (S&B), became
the chief architect of Rockefeller’s philanthropic donations and other
personal holdings in 1891. Sixteen months later, Rockefeller gave
William R. Harper $1 million to make the college a university.179
Rockefeller ultimately endowed the school with nearly $50 million.
By 1888, the Senate Committee on Education produced a 1,382
page document to defi ne the purpose of mass education—impose
conformity and subordination and restrain natural curiosity through
an “anti-intellectual shift in schooling” under compulsory, regulatory
standards

In 1890, Rockefeller purchased the well-renowned Encyclopedia
Britannica. By 1900, Northern businessmen and their Southern
collaborators developed schools, especially in the South, where people
still embraced militant populism which endangered the objectives of
certain Southern liberals and Northern businessmen, like Rockefeller
Jr. and Robert C. Ogden, and others who wished to renovate and
industrialize the South.181 On January 12, 1902, with congressional
approval, Rockefeller established the General Education Board
(GEB) to disperse funds to advance certain predetermined objectives,
as defi ned in Andrew Carnegie’s two-part essay, Gospel of Wealth
>>
>>79288822
MO MONEY FOR THEM PROGRAMS
>>
>>79305023

(1889). Rockefeller and Gates designed the philanthropic General
Education Board as an agency to transform society.182
Part of Rockefeller’s GEB Occasional Letter Number One (1906)
states, “In our dreams . . . people yield themselves with perfect
docility to our molding hands. The present educational conventions
(intellectual and character education) fade from our minds, and,
unhampered by tradition, we work our own good will upon a grateful
and responsive folk. We shall not try to make these people or any of
their children into philosophers or men of learning or men of science.
We have not to raise up from among them authors, educators, poets, or
men of letters. We shall not search for embryo great artists, painters,
musicians, nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen, of
whom we have ample supply.

G. Stanley Hall, who had studied at the Union Theological Seminary,
then at Harvard, returned from Leipzig in 1883, where he had studied
at Wilhelm Wundt’s laboratory and joined the staff at Boston’s Johns
Hopkins University (founded January 22, 1876), where he established
a psychology laboratory. In 1887, he founded the American Journal
of Psychology.184 Woodrow Wilson, after Princeton, also entered
Johns Hopkins in the fall of 1883, and earned his doctorate in history
and political science. On October 2, 1889, Hall became president
(1889-1920) of the new Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts,
founded by US businessman Jonas G. Clark. In July 1892, Hall,
an advocate of Darwin’s theory, and twenty-fi ve other individuals
at Clark founded the American Psychological Association (APA),
and he became its fi rst president. In 1909, he invited Carl Jung and
Sigmund Freud, a member of B’nai B’rith, to deliver lectures at Clark.
The school played a prominent role in the development of psychology
>>
>>79292464
Still putting turds on the board mate I see, why would the dod need an engineer? Also I used to live in dc 95% of dod personel are former military, whats her clearance? Source,
>guy who used to date dod bitch who only cleared 70,000 a year after taxes
>>
>>79305006

Allowing the mentally ill roam the streets. I have never in my life seen someone shit themselves in public. Though I almost did shit myself in the car since I had food poisoning and raced home to have diarrhea sitting on the toiler for two hours yesterday draining 5 gallons of water through my ass.
>>
>>79305130

as a discipline. In 1904, Hall, the father of the child psychology
movement, published the two-volume masterpiece, Adolescence: Its
Psychology and Its Relations to Physiology, Anthropology, Sociology,
Sex, Crime, Religion, and Education. In 1921, he published Aspects
of Child Life and Education.185
Johns Hopkins’ fi rst president and cofounder was Daniel C. Gilman,
one of the three individuals who incorporated The Russell Trust, The
Order of Skull and Bones. It was the fi rst American university to
apply the German university model developed by Wilhelm von
Humboldt and Friedrich Schleiermacher. Gilman incorporated both
the John F. Slater Fund, which later became the Rockefeller Foundation
and Rockefeller’s General Education Board, which took over US
medical education.186 Rockefeller gave his foundation $100 million
in its fi rst year of operation, 1913. The elite transfer their funds into
tax-exempt foundations, similar to taking money from one pocket
and putting it into another pocket to escape taxes and to further grind
the face of the poor by controlling and directing domestic and foreign
policy.

Beginning
in late 1895, Dewey, the “Father of
American Education,” headed the
combined departments of philosophy,
psychology, and pedagogy. In 1886, he authored Psychology, a textbook on the application of revised
education, which instructors used in the schools of educational
training throughout the country.188 Dewey, a statist, believed that
a child exists exclusively for the benefi t of the state, which requires
the suppression of individual interests, skills, and propensities. Thus,
students receive only approved knowledge.
>>
stay obsessed
>>
>>79305206

J. Pierpont Morgan totally dominated the administrations of the Ivy
League schools from the 1880s to the 1930s. Morgan, an Anglophile
internationalist, made large endowments followed by continuous
communication with the administrations at Harvard, Columbia,
and Yale, to a lesser degree, in order to set educational policies.
Whitney money infl uenced the policies at Yale, and the Prudential
Insurance Company determined policies at Princeton. The presidents
of the universities owed their jobs to the fi nancial powers. Morgan
positioned Butler as president of Columbia.193 He was Morgan’s chief
representative at Columbia for decades until the Depression-ridden
1930s, when Morgan’s power began to decrease.

Rockefeller buffered himself from criticism by pouring his millions
into productive philanthropies, like education and medicine. Raymond
B. Fosdick, Rockefeller Foundation president, admitted that the whole
idea was about social control. The GEB granted unlimited funds to
the Wundt-educated psychologists, whose goals were to radically alter

US education.195 Rockefeller, by 1909, had given $53 million, and,
by 1921, he had personally donated over $129 million to the GEB.196
In the 1921 annual GEB report, Rockefeller directed the removal of
all restrictions on the board’s ability “to dispose in any manner it
sees fi t of the principal (and interest) of all gifts which he has made.”
The sum total of educational grants through this board amounted to
$126,788,094. He created the GEB to “accomplish certain ends” and
expected the recipients to administer the funds accordingly.197
>>
>>79305363

In collaboration, the Rockefeller Foundation would regulate domestic
education, and the Carnegie Foundation would dominate international
education. Their fi rst objective was to alter the way that instructors
taught history. They approached the Guggenheim Foundation, which,
like the Rhodes scholarship program, granted fellowships. It agreed to
fund twenty US history students who were seeking doctoral degrees.
These students, after indoctrination in London, formed the nucleus
of the American Historical Association. This association gave a
$400,000 grant to create a seven-volume subjective history designed
to promote a socialistic future. The objective in all US government
schools and most private colleges is to alter history and discredit
constitutional principles as outdated and impractical.

That should be enough.
>>
File: Daddy~<3.png (419 KB, 715x487) Image search: [Google]
Daddy~<3.png
419 KB, 715x487
>>79288397

>t. Common Core
>>
>>79294519
Unless you go into stem fields where you can make shitloads of money and ignore the world's problems
>>
>>79288397
It has intentionally been dumbed down for decades now. A stupid population is easier to control.
>>
>>79296653
Trade schools need to be revalued amd promoted as well.
>>
File: 1448626336697.png (440 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1448626336697.png
440 KB, 633x758
Rigorous education, the promotion of critical thinking, and the pursuit of excellence have all been tossed aside in favor of teaching ideologies, tolerance, and social justice. No Child Left Behind started this trend of holding back our brightest. Common Core has expanded upon this theme by generalizing education to a standard that is "fair".

The Department of Education is a fucking travesty that is and always was run by communists and people who've never fucking taught a day in their lives. Do NOT let the government try to teach your kids if you at all value their morality and ability to excel (if they have that).
>>
>>79305732

>common core is responsible for the US being the laughing stock regarding education for the last 30 years

When has common core started again?
>>
>>79304414
> american education is worthless by every measurable metric
> measurable metric
> doesnt know what redundancy means
> you must be a nigger
touche', douche'
niggers spics and retards drag down the national scores.
for normal kids, american education is competitive globally, even with the ballast dragging them down
>>
>>79297987
Business schools are about making connections. They give you degrees so you have the piece of paper that proves you are worthy. Its a fucking joke
>>
File: 1400866706911.gif (165 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1400866706911.gif
165 KB, 600x400
>>79299799
>leave education standards up to the state and local governments
As a previous Florida resident and friend of many Texans. No. God no. Please do not tempt this massive influx of anti-vax flat earthers into our society. We have it bad enough as is.
>>
>>79307014
Forgot the Creationists.
>>
>>79300551
Maybe for female students. But my best teachers were almost always male
>>
File: MA scores.png (436 KB, 943x691) Image search: [Google]
MA scores.png
436 KB, 943x691
>>79288822
if you're looking at 2010 spending, you won't see the benefit until a few years after

>plotting scores on the same graph as the increase in funding to make scores look flat
you're not going to see math scores increase at 375%. it's like you want retarded children in america.
>>
File: Eratosthenes.png (125 KB, 626x871) Image search: [Google]
Eratosthenes.png
125 KB, 626x871
>>79307014
The big problem is niggity nogs. So long as people, at ANY level, are scared of having to notice that Blacks are incapable of keeping up, education will be hampered.

Letting the anti-vaxers and flat earthers write the textbooks in some states is a small price to pay if they let the niggers rot in their corner.

Or, better yet, teach kids about how this shit works early. It's not like Eratosthenes calculations are hard to replicate or particularly difficult.
>>
>>79288397
I thought only old people do this and crazy mothers. Regular people take anti-biotics for no reason too? wtf
>>
>>79288397
>Wants to gather data on American education
>Signs into twitter

Why is the Fingolian education system so shitty, lads?
>>
>>79289078

Where I live antibiotics are handed out like candy. A simple cold could get you a prescription. It was that easy. It's also never been uncommon to get antibiotics off of neighbors or other people you might know, since a good majority keep leftover antibiotics up in a cabinet or whatever.

I've personally only been on them once or twice, and that's when I was much younger. But yeah, it's extremely easy to get put on them here.
Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.