[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Global Warming a Problem/Real?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: bleached-coral.jpg (460 KB, 900x521) Image search: [Google]
bleached-coral.jpg
460 KB, 900x521
>>
>>79281473
The world was hotter during the middle ages. It's complete BS. That said, even if it's real, there is no problem. It just means homeless Nips and a more livable Russia and Canada.
>>
>>79281473
Temperature has always changed. we were in the ice age not long ago, there's no such things as an ideal temperature.
Of course humanity has caused some of it but not much-
I'd say that if it's gonna happen sooner or later we should speed the process so now that we have the means we can use it to protect us, whatever happens we will adapt.
>>
>>79281473
It is a problem but the sky isn't falling.

The problem here is that the average person has shit attention span so they can only think in catch phrases. It's either "the worlds gunna end!!!" Or "its all a hoax!!!!"
>>
Yes it is real, the world is getting warmer.

I do not know if the industrial revolution contributed or not (or people for that matter).

But I do not think it will be much of a problem, if we take the proper steps. Humans do not have much to worry about, we have many methods to get drinkable water (like recycled urine).

The other animals on our planet will not be so fortunate and we MAY see mass extinction. Also stop making these threads, its getting old.
>>
Yes it is real, the world is getting warmer.

I do not know if the industrial revolution contributed or not (or people for that matter).

But I do not think it will be much of a problem, if we take the proper steps. Humans do not have much to worry about, we have many methods to get drinkable water (like recycled urine).

The other animals on our planet will not be so fortunate and we MAY see mass extinction. A change of a few degrees does not have an adverse effect on humans. However for animals a few degrees difference in their environment could have drastic results.

Also stop making these threads, its getting old.
>>
>>79282338
It probably does, I haven't done my research on it much but yeah.. I think the world will always fix itself, it always does. And yep, I've read a lot about how animals can sense a change in climates like a machine.
>>
>>79281473
Yes its real, and yes its a problem. Its just not the cataclysmic problem that a large section of the population think it is (anon puts it succinctly here >>79281879). I've no idea what's going to happen, but we are going to fuck up some ecosystems, that's pretty much unavoidable at this point.
>>
>>79281473
Global warming is happening because the climate changes naturally. Its being pushed to allow/force more government legislation.
There is one thing we are fucking up though: we dump too much shit into the ocean and its changing the ph level.
This will fuck the coral reefs up and if they go they most likely wont be back.
>>
Global warming is an anti-capitalist conspiracy theory.

If we follow leftist logic, the only way to stop global warming is through undermining the interest of the free market.
The Free Market's number one goal is to be efficient in providing energy and transportation.
Leftists want the state to control energy and implement their fag electric cars and solar panels, which are not only inefficient but will destroy the freedom of the Free Market.
Capitalism=Democracy, and they want to bring about a Soviet takeover as usual.
>>
>>79281473
Here's the solution.

Detonate a bunch of hydrogen bombs in the upper atmosphere the "burn off the greenhouse gasses" but in reality you're just testing nukes to use on Israel.
>>
>>79282825

Global warming is not a communist conspiracy. The idea of the greenhouse effect predates the russian revolution for a start.

>Leftists want the state to control energy and implement their fag electric cars and solar panels, which are not only inefficient but will destroy the freedom of the Free Market.

You realise that the oil WILL run out one day? Regardless of technological solutions, electric cars will be part of the future. And as for inefficient, the Tesla has a 0-60 of 3 and a bit seconds. The tech behind electric cars is progressing rapidly. This is not something to fight.

>>79282725

You know one of the things fucking up the ocean's ph? co2.
>>
>>79283652
>The tech behind electric cars is progressing rapidly. This is not something to fight.

Totally agree, but I think that cars that run on gasoline shouldn't be regulated as much as they will be. I don't see global warming as THAT much of a threat to destroy capitalism in the vehicle market.
>>
>>79283851

The only real solution to global warming is an international agreement. We need to pick a number and not let co2 go beyond it. atmospheric concentrations rise by 1-2 ppm per year. We're currently at 400ish ppm. Say we set the upper limit at 450, we have 20-30 years minimum to cap co2 emissions, possibly more with carbon capture. It's basically the only way.
>>
>>79284045
Yes but by then we will have electric cars.
>>
>>79284187
Or hydrogen if a decent cheap catalyst is ever found. I still say a tank of hydrogen is more energy dense than a battery.
>>
>>79284187
But friend, cars are barely responsible for CO2 emissions, the leading causes are:

Factories (burning coal)
And cows (I could be wrong on this one).

The reason why we would electric cars is that we would have run out of oil, if you care about the enviornment you would drive a gasoline/disel vehicle.The method of extraction for the metal used in batteries required for hybrids (and i am pretty sure electric cars too), cause WAY more harm to the environment than a small addition of CO2.

tl;dr cars barely contribute to green house gases compared to factories and cow farts*

(maybe)*
>>
>>79284187

Possibly. Without an agreement and a target though I see the petro-chemical gravy train rolling on as long as the oil lasts.

I'm not endorsing ripping down all industry in the west and letting India and China do as they please. Any agreement would pressure them as much as the west. I'm also not calling for zero imissions IF we can find a decent way to scrub large amounts from the atmosphere. It's all about balance and budget. If we know roughly how much we're putting out year on year, and agree to keep roughly within some limits, with the goal of stopping accumulation by or before say 450ppm then it is a solid plan that most people can get behind.
>>
>>79285111

Cows are largely methane. Methane is a more potent ghg than co2, but is currently at much smaller concentrations, measured in ppb (parts per billion) where co2 is ppm.
>>
>>79285373
Ah thank you!

I am currently on mobil so doing the proper research is much too time consuming for the time being.
>>
>>79281473
https://youtu.be/o3XlooigupM
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.