[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: Is using drugs degenerate? Story included
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 4L_wMzijkRt.jpg (11 KB, 220x200) Image search: [Google]
4L_wMzijkRt.jpg
11 KB, 220x200
Is using drugs degenerate? Here is my story, and it's a feels one.

Me and my best friend have been friends since 6th grade and we would always talk to each other every day. I was his first friend when he came into our school district. I introduced him to my friends and he became friends with them. I consider him my brother. So starting in 11th grade he started to smoke marijuana. He asked me if I would have any problems with him smoking marijuana, I told him "no". At first it was all good, just him smoking but then in the beginning of 12th grade, he started hanging out with other marijuana smokers and dindus. He started to use nigger speak. Soon me and my best friend started talking to each other less frequently, the phone calls stopped, and we would only really talk if we were in school and when we we walked back to our houses. To top it all off he started talking with a mutual friend of ours more frequently. This mutual friend of ours, we didn't talk to him that much, but my best friend started to talk to him more. This mutual friend is also a druggie, he likes to pop pills and also smoke weed, and guess what happened? My best friend started to pop pills with our mutual friend. So now my best friend smokes weed and pops pills. All he does is hangout with our mutual friend and dindus who use drugs. My best friend sent me snap on snapchat, today, and he was hanging out with grown men smoking marijuana and who knows what other drugs. If my best friend starts using heroin, I'm dropping him, because I don't want to have a junkie as a friend. Also my my friends stopped talking to me now, last week we graduated high school and after that I have not heard a word from any of my friends. Is this part of life? Is the "you will loose your friends that you have known for a long time, after high school", true? I feel abandoned by everyone, all I do now is go on /pol/, hell I started to go on /pol/ since June 2015. So is using drugs degenerate? I hope people will see this
>>
Do you seriously have to ask?
>>
>>79250969
Well you are used to it in Mexico paco
>>
Using drugs isn't degenerate. Being a druggie is. In other words, smoking like once a month with friends or popping a couple pills at a party, while maybe not the smartest decision, is still within the realm of non-degenerate behavior. Just like getting a little tipsy with the lads every third weekend doesn't make you a drunk.
>>
>>79250889
not really as long as they're used in moderation
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 300x300
>>79250889
If you learn one thing after school its that you were only friends with some people because you saw them 5 days a week.

Also learn how to green text goddamn that hurt my brain
>>
>>79251247
Well my best friend smokes weed everyday now, and is hanging out with the wrong people now.
>>
>>79251408
My bad I forgot to green text
>>
>>79251408
To add, I know a few of my fathers friends who smoke daily, and they have been for years. They also all just retired from good jobs with pensions. Control the drugs, don't let them control you.
>>
>>79251596
But they don't hang out with the wrong people no?
>>
Then yes, he's a degenerate.
>>
File: 5e6.jpg (5 KB, 200x140) Image search: [Google]
5e6.jpg
5 KB, 200x140
>>79250889
Can't be arsed to greentext.

Almost identical story happened to me. Basically one of the smartest kids in highschool 31 on the ACT straight A's, he started smoking weed in highschool, I remember him telling me "dude it's fine if you only do it at parties or with friends then it's not a problem" well that made sense to me so I stuck around with him. Then as highschool progressed he did various other things, shrooms acid, etc. Told me that it was fine and he'll never do hard stuff, I figured he just talks like a stoner now but he's overall the same so whatever. I stopped talking to him after highschool. Get a snapchat from him last week because for some reason he added me on that. It's literally him smoking meth with the caption "go hard before I gotta go back to jail".
>>
>>79251676
Nope. I'm a member at the lake club with them and they're all white tax paying males.

Sounds like your friend needs a staged drug related kidnapping to scare the fuck out of him.

Or you could sit him down and tell him you're honestly worried about him. He can take the advice or not.

If he does, hey great.

If he doesn't, then fuck him. People like that are like chasing the girl that friend zoned you. You can beg and plead all you want for them to change their ways, but they'll ignore you.

Fuck 'um.
>>
>>79251873
Feels bad man..., I think it is inevitable that my best friend will end up using heroin
>>
>>79250889
>Is the "you will loose your friends that you have known for a long time, after high school", true?

It can be. It certainly was for me. I lost a couple of really good friends when I left for university.
It was my own fault though, I'm not good at keeping contact with people and I don't like Facebook.
So it doesn't have to be true for you.
You can find new friends ofc, but depending on your personality and where you are, that can prove difficult. It's harder than finding friends in school, imo.

>So is using drugs degenerate?
I don't know, honestly. I like to go out and drink once a week, and alcohol is a drug too, after all.
Moderation is key, I'd say. Going out and having fun is fine, drinking every second day isn't.
Just like that, smoking a joint once in a while is ok, becoming a stoner is definitely degenerate.
I had a friend who started like yours, a joint here and there and then down the rabbit hole. He lost many opportunities through that. It depends on your personality, some people are fine drinking and smoking from time to time, some will loose their way. If your the latter, I'd suggest staying away from drugs completely.
Regarding your friend, if you can't change his path (and sometimes that's just not possible and he is an adult after all) then I think you shouldn't take it to hard that you guys aren't on the same wave length anymore. If you can't pull him up, at least don't let him drag you down.
>>
>>79252139
I will have a sit down with him soon, as me and my parents are planning on going to up state NY just to have fun, because I graduated, and I invited my best friend to come.
>>
Letting any addiction of any kind control you is degenerate.

Drugs are an especially dangerous and poor choice. There are some people who can use drugs responsibly and not wreck their lives. There are many people who can't.

Your friend doesn't seem like he is making wise choices. You should ask to meet him in person sometime when he's not high, and then tell him what you have observed changing in his behavior, tell him why it concerns you, and ask him if he thinks he is on the right path for his life.

Ask him if he is happy with how this is going. Ask him if he needs any help.

If he is happy about where he is going, you need to accept that he is going a different way than you are.

I've lost some friends to drugs before. Not like, they died, but they became different people and there was no longer room in their new lives for me.
>>
>>79252227
OP, i'm sure my beta friends who i best friended over WoW my sophomore year feel like this about me.

Hit my "stride" junior year, parties, weed, girls, booze, whatever. I ended up talking with my nerdy / fat friends less and less because we had less in common.

I smoke weed a lot, have done basically every single drug (not meth yet, i saw a few of my friends go to jail for the night when we were 16 over it...)

anyhow i came here to say basically, doing H once won't fuck anything up in anyones life.

Doing it a second time is a different story.

I have a near 4.0 in community college (not a brag, shits ez) so weed isn't going to crumble your bros life unless he wants it crumbled.

You should try and smoke with him dude, you will probably like it. Just don't do it a lot.
>>
>>79250889
using drugs is not degenerate, but degenerates often abuse drugs.

the problem with using drugs in high-school is the adolescent brain doesn't finish 'solidifying' until your early 20's, so you're best off waiting until you're around 25 before you try any drugs.

also when you're older you'll probably have the maturity and restraint to only party hard a few times a year, not every weekend.
>>
>>79252593
>community college
>life isn't crumbled

H in my area has been showing up with fentanyl in it. Doing it once is killing kids.
>>
>>79252234
I'm an introvert and I managed to make friends throughout my school years in my town, but I was not popular by any means, I just had a group of friends. I don't know how college will be for me since I will be starting all over again.
>>
>>79252784

the kids you've gone to school with up until now have been geographically (and to some extent, economically) selected.

the kids you meet in college will be more interest selected.

the advantage of k-12 friends is that you've known many of them for many more than 4 years and during some very formative parts of life.

college friends tend to be people who are nearly fully formed adults, and they choose to share certain interests with you (e.g. major, classes, whatever)

a lot of colleges now have FB pages and other online resources for incoming freshmen to meet up and chat and what not. it's probably easier than ever to find starting friend groups at colleges..
>>
>>79252774
Okay tough guy i was expecting that reply. I did running start and the engineering transfer took a fuckload longer than i was hoping it would.

I'm not even sure what fentanyl is, or if it was in the H i smoked, but i only did it once and probably won't do it for a very long time. I'm also going to go find out what fentanyl is.

Do you have any source for someone dying the first time? ive literally never heard of that
>>
>>79251247
The problem is resistance. It's the same every time. Family member told me about one guy who was friends with said family member at camp. He was really normal first year of camp where he was introduced to weed, but by the next year he was a complete stoner.

He was later diagnosed with schizophrenia and was a raving lunatic in less than 10 years, where he was suffocated during a public breakdown by cops trying to pile onto of him to get him under control.
>>
Sounds like your friend is looking at the drug scene with rose colored glasses OP. I get it, I did the same thing. How long has your friend been smoking pot now? You have likely seen huge changes in his personality
>>
>>79252977
My town has changed in demographics over time, in the 1990s it was a majority white town. I'm a beaner(born in the U.S) and my town and become more diverse. On the flip side I think diversity has brought drugs into my town. My town is next to the largest city in my state, and whenever a kid gets kicked out of school in that city, they get sent to my town. Those kids bring their influence and drugs into my town and the kids in my town get hooked. One thing to know is that 50% of my high school used drugs, really makes you think
>>
>>79253328
He's been smoking pot for almost two years but he is going down the rabbit hole
>>
>>79253601
Meant to post this as a single post
>>
>>79251873
>>79252227

Strange. I've done (and still do) weed, shrooms, acid and have a decent job, a mortgage and an investment portfolio and have never abused them to the point of affecting my life in any negative degree. In fact, those drugs made me take a hard look at myself and what a lazy piece of shit I was becoming and inspired me to workout, hike and get into hunting.

I did coke once but never had a desire to do meth or heroin.

It's possible that your friend will buck the trend but some people just have addictive personalities. It has a lot to do with the people you hang around with too.
>>
>>79254368
Yeah, I strongly believe it's these new people that he is hanging out with that are influencing him
>>
>>79253719

Do you think he'd check out some scholarly literature on pot? Read it for yourself if you want some knowledge on how pot affects you.

>http://www.droginfo.com/pdf/guideuk.pdf

>http://www.drelist.com/marijuana-smoking-genetic-damage/

Also stress how much strain the weed addiction puts on your wallet. If he is that big of a stoner and has it in his possesion that frequetly, there is no excuse to at least break even from dealing and using. Is he's not willing to do that, then its likely deep down he thinks what he is doing is wrong.

As for the other drugs... it seems like your friend is easily influenced by the new crowd. He will follow their drug use patterns.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.