[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When should you leave home?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9
File: 1467149910660.jpg (36 KB, 657x527) Image search: [Google]
1467149910660.jpg
36 KB, 657x527
>be 20 y.o.
>fell for the STEM college meme
>tfw still living with parents

I know I'm a leech but is it really that bad to be living with parents at 20? I feel like such a fucking w a s t e sometimes because I can't fully support myself. What's your opinion on when to move out?

when is the time you edglords would force all children out of their parents' homes?
>>
File: rejected-4-300.jpg (26 KB, 435x300) Image search: [Google]
rejected-4-300.jpg
26 KB, 435x300
>>79242946
>What's your opinion on when to move out?
Whenever you feel like it, maybe never. Who the fuck cares.

What's more degenerate? Families living together, or a fuckton of single households, each with its own tv, and own fridge, and own everything.

>>79242946
>I know I'm a leech
kek. the memes are strong.
>don't fall for the memes
>>
File: image.jpg (629 KB, 1724x1500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
629 KB, 1724x1500
>tfw 28 still with parents house
It's totally ok though since I'm earning cash to buy a house. I'm not paying thag shit with a mortgage just to get jewed for the rest of my life.
>>
>>79242946
I'm a neet. Never worked. Never moving out
>>
>>79242946
>I know I'm a leech but is it really that bad to be living with parents at 20

Absolutely. You should kill yourself. I moved out when I was seven and got a job working in a Indonesian bubblegum factory. Three months later I was running the floor and six months after that I was plant manager. Child labor laws are killing this country.
>>
>>79245906
>muh child labor
>>>/r/SandersForPresident
>>
>>79242946
>When should you leave home?
If you're in line to inherit, never. Why would you?
>>
>>79242946
so you didn't finish your degree? finish that up and get your glorified piece of paper so companies feel the need to hire you
>>
>24, still at home
>work full time, pay my own bills and buy my own groceries
Meh. Just haven't made the leap to rent a place. Still feel like shit for still being here sometimes though
>>
>>79242946
no problem as long as you have aspirations for more.
I've been living with my parents off and on and it's going to allow me to put 50% down on my house.
>>
File: 1465589419428.png (383 KB, 631x654) Image search: [Google]
1465589419428.png
383 KB, 631x654
I'm 21, neet, never had a job, didn't go to school, been leeching off mom and dad since I graduated high school with the bare minimum grades required, compare your life to mine OP
>>
What's your major? Only specific STEM fields are guaranteed successes. Hell, I'm a chem eng major and just got a great job that is civil engineering based, it's not so much bout what field you studied, but what that field says about your work habits
>>
>>79246388
You're the American version of me. I was thinking of learning to drive and find some volunteer work though. Either that or an hero.
>>
File: images(5).jpg (32 KB, 470x313) Image search: [Google]
images(5).jpg
32 KB, 470x313
>>79242946
Can't you become a cop? I assume it's easier yo become here than here in Brazil. (Speacilly in some states)

What do you think?
>>
>>79242946
I'm 19, only things my parents still pay for is my phone and car insurance. It's a huge help, don't get me wrong, but it feels good to be near self sufficient. I know exactly how you feel, because I felt that way my whole life up until last year when I moved out (I was 18).

I'm also going to college full time, and I was working full time last year during college, but I plan on dropping my hours and picking up loans, because I was so stressed last year.
>>
>>79246499
>I was thinking of learning to drive and find some volunteer work though
I've been walking past the gamestop down the street from me with a "hiring" sign for 2 weeks with the intention of applying, I haven't gotten the balls to enter the shop yet though
>>
Don't feel bad, OP.

I'm 25 with a degree working a shitty IT helpdesk job and I still live at home. It makes more sense financially for both me and my mother. I guess I COULD get an apartment and barely scrape by but for what? Fuck it.

Save up for a hoose.
>>
>>79245700
What about when your parents die?
>>
>>79246388
Are you exactly me?
I don't feel too bad about it though, all the money supporting us is government money, my dad's retirement and social security and all.
>>
>>79242946
I'm 26 and I live with my parents.

You can't wait for a good deal to get a job.
Just make money however you can, re-selling stuff on Ebay, making stuff to sell, scrapping, whatever.
>>
>>79243928
I remember That img.. what News afterwards?
>>
>>79246774
Oh forgot.

I think kids should start paying rent if they are not going to school, but they shouldn't be forced to move out until 28ish.
>>
>>79242946
>>be 20 y.o.
>>fell for the STEM college meme
>>tfw still living with parents
...did you fail? The STEM meme requires you to actually finish your degree.
>>
>>79242946
Youre still really young m8. I'm 23 and still living at home, despite working full time. I don't feel bad though cause I help my parents out a lot. Just try to earn your keep even if it's just little things around the house.
>>
File: 1465091548740.jpg (8 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
1465091548740.jpg
8 KB, 200x193
>>79242946
What if you're 23, just finished uni, your parents died and gave you the house in their will?
>>
>>79246784
Step it up
>>
>>79242946
It's not that horrible. You working is what's important. Like what the others said, save for a house. Keep your chin up, dude
>>
File: wojak.png (36 KB, 833x768) Image search: [Google]
wojak.png
36 KB, 833x768
>>79246798
>>79245906
>>79243251
>>79243928
Thanks lads, it means a lot.

>>79246463
I'm a Chemistry major, been working in research labs for about four years. I know you engineers like to jerk each other off about your superiority but chem is just something I love, so I'm taking my last opportunity to study it.
>>
>>79247230
>implying my parents own a house
But if they did, well, that actually probably wouldn't help me much. Thanks aussie bro.
>>
>>79246825
he's in bongland they have a basic monthly income they are all entitled to

it's like the fevered dreams of the Democrat party came to life, infinite welfare for everyone!

after all, everyone deserves a piece of the money the working folk make to live properly, right goy ;)
>>
>>79242946
It's not a meme unless you're retarded and get less than 3.25 GPA and do no internships
>>
>>79246825
My parents are the only reason I haven't an heroed
>>
Same boat. I could get a job working 20 hours a week making $35,000 or I could work full time and make $90,000 if I move out. Gotta see if losing the free time and living alone is worth the money and wage slavery.
>>
I lived with my parents until I was 21. I used all the time I had with them to improving skills, gaining experience and focusing my talents. I had been working ever since I could legally at 16 at a movie theater and got my first desk job at 18. Spending money on bullshit here and there whatever I didn't save, my propensity to earn more money was a higher priority than to conserve what I had. This was a catalyst that eventually turned my resume into a job description. I got my first corporate gig out in Detroit at 21 and moved out.

Been doing art the whole time which I eventually want to evolve into my career, but all my jobs have mostly been keeping my chops up on some logic driven shit.
>>
File: fr803b-11.jpg (80 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fr803b-11.jpg
80 KB, 500x500
>>79242946
I am also a NEET, and living at home in my late 20's.

I had a job that was 2 hours away but I quit because of circumstances I couldn't control and deep seeded problems with employer and my co-workers.

Now I have nothing and I just got back from driving three states to go on a job interview with an IT firm that I didn't get.

I live my days out watching the x22 and greg mannarino on youtube helping and praying the economy collapse so I can finally find peace with failures.

I have done everything I can to better myself and even started my own business but sadly without any money it just isn't working.

I often hate my life...

I have a BS in CS and AA in a similar field.

I wish I would just die sometimes, but doesn't happen and turns out I don't even have enough to afford death without screwing over my parents.

I help my parents the best I can, cutting the grass, installing dry wall, painting, etc.

I just simply don't know where I went wrong or how long this will last. I pray that things get better....
>>
>>79248190
No we don't, benefits are a meme here. I barely spend anything.

>>79246784
I've applied for one job in my life. Never even been interviewed.
>>
File: 1419869490439.gif (2 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1419869490439.gif
2 MB, 250x141
I'm 24 and live with my parents, have 50k saved up so far. It feels kinda pathetic at times to be honest, I want to move out but I'm trying to find a job in what I studied rather than my shitty labour job I'm at now
>>
>>79249506
>tfw house prices are fucked

I'm kinda scared it won't crash and this is the new normal.
>>
>>79249219
It's a damn shame even a pathetic post like that is helping people because your bitch ass ain't getting paid for it.

Business strategy! DO YOU HAVE IT?
>>
>>79249772
This is the new normal if you're talking anything from Oshawa to Niagara Falls. Your productive years will be spent paying your $500k mortage + taxes. You will be expected to save very little, sell your house and move to rural Ontario, Belleville or Orillia maybe when you retire.
>>
>>79250488
Fuck that, i'm moving to some shitty little rural town, buying a house, and living like a king. I refuse to go 500K in debt.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.