[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whitey stole credit for the greatest American creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10
File: black man with whiskey.jpg (480 KB, 1000x1600) Image search: [Google]
black man with whiskey.jpg
480 KB, 1000x1600
Black slave taught Jack Daniel how to make whiskey.

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/the-slave-who-taught-jack-daniel-how-to-make-whiskey/
>>
>>79238939
>Seattle Times
Dropped
>>
>>79238939

wheres the proofs
>>
>>79238939

The Scots were drinking whisky long before blacks were sent to America.
>>
>>79238939
HOL UP SO YOU BE SAYIN
*CHUGS HENNESSY AND NEWPORTS*

THAT WE
>>
Yes because when I think of whiskey I think of night not potato night. Ireland I demand an apology on behalf of the people whose culture you appropriated.
>>
>>79239278
>"""whisky"""
You can't compare that crap to Bourbon and Tennessee WhiskEy

>>79239221
JD is admitting it. I assume they know this stuff.
>>
>>79238939
>what are the irish and scottish
they have been drinking whiskey since probably before colonization
>>
>>79239554
Whisky exists since 2,000 BC
>>
wow put corn mash in a still then store in a barrel what a great invention!!
>>
>>79239725
so yea this story is irrelevant
>>
>>79239725
>>79240072
>>79239554
That's crap whisky though, not American whiskey
>>
>>79238939
>> whiskey didnt exist before america
Lmaooo
>>
>>79238939
Can you save shit like this for the month of February please?
>>
>>79238939
Jack Daniel's is more marketable than Daquan Jackson's
>>
>>79238939
i'm pretty sure it's a marketing campaign? i mean, true or not, it's a marketing campaign.
>>
also, while bourbon is good for sure, it really doesn't hold a candle to scotch, Irish, and Japanese whiskey.

even the nice stuff, even rye whiskey, while great, isn't really a match for the great whiskeys around the world.

in my opinion though, Canadian whiskey is usually pretty shit. a little too 'sweet' tasting for me maybe
>>
>>79238939
About time the truth was told
>>
i would say:

good Japanese scotch = good traditional scotch > irish whiskey> american bourbon > canadian whiskey
>>
>>79240654
Wew lad
>>
>implying slaves knew how to make distilled moonshine / alcohol
They never did it in Africa

I made moonshine and there is no way a nigger is suited to make it
>>
>>79240654

Bitch please. Scotch whiskey (single malt or blended) is the greatest spirit known to man.
>>
They did the same thing with jazz and blues. If you ask 90% of people they'll say that Black people made jazz. They'll do this with every aspect of White culture until there's nothing left.
>>
>>79239221
someone drew a pic and niggers mistook it for a photo
>>
WE
>>
>>79238939
And? Jack Daniels made the fucking brand. The nigger taught him, not did it himself. Not like a nigger can do anything else but make whiskey and get drunk anyway

Also, we've known this for years. Jack Daniels just came out with it bc a lot of liberals started talking about it. They didn't want the publicity
>>
File: kentucky.jpg (33 KB, 418x328) Image search: [Google]
kentucky.jpg
33 KB, 418x328
>tennessee "whiskey"
>>
>>79238939
not surprised jack daniels is the rap music of whiskeys lol
>>
>>79241769
I don't understand this post. When I first heard about this, it was 20 years ago and they were talking about how certain processes, like distilling the whiskey with charcoal, was definitely not a English or German method, and niggers were known to use charcoal as a purifier, dating back to methods used in Africa and brought over by slaves
>>
>>79242254

But many jazz musicians were black. Muddy waters, Fats domino and Duke Ellington were my favorite.
>>
>>79242490
>Kencvcky Whiskey
bourbon maybe
>>
>>79242600
Niggers make hoochie alcohol

They let fruit ferment , Whites distill their alcohol

Slaves did not have the culture to make distilled alcohol, and whatever they made was certainly methanol
>>
>>79242593

Jack got popular when Frank Sinestra started drinking it... Though it has become that now
>>
I don't buy this story. Seems like something to add "flare" to the drink and make it appeal to more people.
>>
>>79242804
Well you definitely didn't read my post talking about how slaves used charcoal to distill and purify everything ranging from alcohol to cleaning water for suitable drinking use, and this dated back to methods in Africa

Rip on them for being stupid, for causing crime, for contributing little but don't distort or make up facts please
>>
>>79242639
Yes. And many sushi chefs are White, yet I don't say that White people made sushi.
>>
>>79242959

But you can say Japanese people had the largest influence over sushi
>>
>>79242908
It's because Salon and Gawker and other sources started running stories about it. Historians have known the process to make American whiskey was unique from European methods, and they also knew about the nigger in the story teaching Daniels. They also had the photos of the niggers sons sitting with Daniels, which is a pretty big deal for a nigger to be doing.

So they've known forever. They just didn't want the media backlash, and so they tried to turn it into a attention getter. And liberals buy it because like my other friend in this thread, they are completely retarded, and neither research for themselves nor think for themselves
>>
AYO AYO HOL UP
>>
>>79243075
And White people had the largest influence on Jazz
>earliest performers were White
>music system was White
>instruments were White
>scales were White
>>
>>79242953
It's actually sad that a whole race of people have to rely onthe re-institutions of history to feel any sort of value. A whole race of people so pitiful, that they have to invent history in the modern time to feel any self worth. Just fucking sad m8.
>>
File: bix.jpg (180 KB, 790x400) Image search: [Google]
bix.jpg
180 KB, 790x400
>wakes up in still hiding from Mas'a
YO YOYOYOOOO
>wakes up from crack binge
AAAAAAYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AYYOOO
>smacks lips together loudly
SO HOL UP HOL UP
>steals
SO U BE SAYIN
>gets jiggy wit it
SO HOL UP U BE SAYIN
>eats grits
AAAYYYOOO SO U BE SAYIN
>checks for nearest fried chicken joint
U BE SAYIN
>collects welfare
HOL UP HOL UP
>licks teeths and smacks lips
AYYYOO U BE SAYIN
>does the crip walk
SO U BE SAYIN
>opens a up a forty and pours some for his homies malcolm x and marthin luther king
HOL UP SO U BE SAYIN
>goes to check in with his parole officer
WE WUZ
>dindu nuffins
U BE SAYIN WE WUZ
>sucks air through teeth
AYYYOO HOL UP SO WE WUZ
>pulls up sagging pants
SO WE WUZ
>instinctively looks around for police
SO U SAYIN WE WUZ
>faints and then gets up repeatedly
SO WE WUZ
>shouts at movie theater screen
WE WUZ
>deals crack
SO HOL UP WE WUZ
>chucks spear
AYYYOO WE WUZ
>sets down cotton bale
HOL UP
>strokes welfare check pensively
SO WE WUZ
>throws gang sign
WE WUZ
>participates in a drive-by shooting
KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNGGGGGGGZZZZZZZ AN SHIIIEEEEEEEEETTTTT???
>learns kikongo
>>
>>79243389
Well its not an invention, but it's definitely stretching and whoring out a story. It goes from a slave passing down knowledge and a white man creating a company after perfecting the methodology and scaling it up, to LOL BLACK MAN INVENTED WHISKEY A BLACK MAN MADE JACK DANIELSSSS. OHHH SHITTT RACISTS BTFO

So I agree with you partially
>>
>>79239221
>>79239463
>JD admitted it
JD crafted this story. By their own admission it is based on "oral tradition", which means there is no proof. It is pure marketing.

From the OP article:

>Frontier history is a gauzy and unreliable pursuit, and Nearis Green’s story — built on oral history and the thinnest of archival trails — may never be definitively proved.

>In deciding to talk about Green, Jack Daniel’s may be hoping to get ahead of a collision between the growing popularity of American whiskey among younger drinkers and a heightened awareness of the hidden racial politics behind America’s culinary heritage.

>Some also see the move as a savvy marketing tactic. “When you look at the history of Jack Daniel’s, it’s gotten glossier over the years,” said Peter Krass, author of “Blood and Whiskey: The Life and Times of Jack Daniel.”

>“In the 1980s, they aimed at yuppies. I could see them taking it to the next level, to millennials, who dig social-justice issues.”

At the time this happend whiskey was already a 400 year old invention. Jack Daniels did not invent whiskey, and saying that blacks deserve credit for JD because some slave taught a young apprentice named Jack how to make it, and he later operated a successful distillery, is as stupid as saying that because Shaquille O'neal's 3rd grade basketball coach taught him some game fundamentals he deserves all of the credit for his success as a player, marketer, and commentator. The success of Jack Daniels has less to do with crafting whiskey than it does solid business management. and marketing. And this is just more solid marketing, playing to the current social trends.
>>
>>79243389
I mean Gawker, and if you know what this is it won't be a shock, went out of their way to actually say Daniels "stole" the method and the company from the slave. Slaves couldn't own companies so I'm not sure how that's possible? But definitely sad this had to go from a historical topic of interest to a SJW issue
>>
We wuz master distillers n shit
>>
>>79243814
I agree, save for the issue that there is substantial proof that the slave passed down methodologies that were unique. The process for JD and most American whiskey is totally different from England or Germany and all of Europe. So taking the accounts of the business acquaintance of JD, who owned the slave at the time, and putting it together with charcoal distillation (which was commonly used by slaves to also purify water or distill alcohol) passed down from Africa, there's lots of proof

My issue is a) this isn't new and b) JD is pretending it's new to avoid backlash and score political points. They're acting like JD had nothing to do with perfecting the methodology and scaling the business and this isn't true
>>
ain't a god damn more american drink.
>>
>>79243730
Well which is it, were you guys beaten, and starved, kept ignorant, and helpless? Or were you all some sort of savants who secretly controlled the world and played pretend slave to cater to master?

Do you really think Africans had any idea of creating and refining alcohol when they were still eating each other in Africa? It just doesn't make any sense.

Or did the European's long history of fermentation just implemented in colonies???
I mean, it's so contradictory.
>>
First pyramids, now whiskey?? Can you even imagine all the stuff they were going to invent after 1850?
>>
File: 1395545838517__1_.jpg (54 KB, 444x399) Image search: [Google]
1395545838517__1_.jpg
54 KB, 444x399
>>79244163

DELETE THIS!
>>
WE WUZ JACK DANIELS
>>
>>79244369
I mean, I don't disagree, but running water through rocks to purify it isn't exactly rocket science. It is interesting to see they want it both ways. Very few mentions on liberal media about the slaves sons, because they weren't actually slaves. They were paid employees by Daniels, as evidenced by payrolls and company pictures. They probably made just as much as their white coworkers so it's definitely contradictory. Just ignore the parts that don't push ones narrative
>>
>>79244705
glad to see not everyone on this board is a knee-jerk reactionary buffoon. godspeed fellow burger, continue not letting anyone shape the narrative for you.

also this isn't sarcasm, i genuinely mean it. this world needs more moderate anons who care more about reality than message.
>>
>>79238939
must be why it tastes like shit.
>>
i invented whiskey
>>
>>79238939
>Guys we gotta sell more of our liquor to niggers, what do we do?
>>
>>79245123
Agreed. Ignorance can't be fought with more ignorance
>>
>>79244705
Seeing that the basic equipment necessary to make liquor is beyond Africans technological abilities, even today... it's hard to give them any credit for Jack Daniels. The fact that blacks were on the pay roll and in pictures would be more reasonably chalked up to the fact that maybe the company was sympathetic to blacks, or that they worked for a far lesser wage. I don't know, I wasn't there. I do know that black people had no part in the creation of Jack Daniel's whiskey beyond helping in it's production. To think otherwise is completely retarded.
>>
>>79244163
All alcohol is produced basically the same way, and its always just little tweaks that differentiate one from another. Hey lets throw some juniper in this white liquor and call it Gin! Lets distill wine and we'll call it Brandy! and so on. Its almost arbitrary, to an extent, because a person who wants to catch a buzz will drink piss if it has high alcohol content (see: Thunderbird), and a person who just wants a sip for the flavor may prefer any arbitrary technique (I like Gin, most people my age don't like Gin and prefer Jagermeister and tequila, Gin is an "old people" drink). There are, of course, very finely crafted alcohols being made, but Jack isn't really one of them. It is mass produced swill for the common man, and therein lies its brilliance.

Jack Daniels was not successful because of the charcoal. They could have used diatomite or something like that and would have had a different product with the same name, same business structure, etc and it would have been just as successful. It isn't successful because of the quality of the whiskey. Its shitty whiskey, backed up by brilliant management and marketing.

I don't think we should diminish the black guy's contribution, but lets not kid ourselves and act like he invented Jack Daniels.
>>
>>79238939
t. (((Seattle Times)))
>>
>>79245288
it's kind of goddamn genius if you are in marketing
>>
>>79238939
Jack Daniels is shit. I've drank at least ten better whiskeys from Kentucky. Hell, had a rye from Iowa that I liked more than Jack.
>>
WE WUZ DISTILLERS N SHIEEET
>>
>>79244306
That stuff gives me wicked heart burn, I'll take Baker's or Woodford or Bulleitt
>>
File: 1427152319418.png (155 KB, 458x415) Image search: [Google]
1427152319418.png
155 KB, 458x415
>>79238939
>Slave shows JD a new way to distill booze
>JD takes it, perfects it, and makes a business out of it
>WE WUZ DISTILLERS N SHIEEET

Why is it that blacks take the most tenuous threads connecting themselves with anything to make it all about them?
>>
>>79244705
>they weren't slaves, they were on the payroll
I was thinking this too. In that photo he doesn't appear to be set apart from the other workers, he looks more like he is sitting among his peers. I think he was just their token negro buddy who they worked with, but race baiters refuse to believe that white southerners ever stopped beating and killing black people long enough to interact with them in any other way. Why would they invite him into the photo if he was a "slave"? He was more likely a peer, or as close to a peer as a black could be at that time. They all look pretty cozy together.
>>
>>79245691
>backed up by brilliant management and marketing
>I don't think we should diminish the black guy's contribution, but lets not kid ourselves and act like he invented Jack Daniels.

Exactly what I was saying earlier. Just because you used a cheap available yet unique method passed down through generations, and then shared it with a businessman who built a business empire around it, doesn't mean he invented whiskey or even JD whiskey. How some liberals can get to that conclusion is beyond me. I do like the sweeter flavor some of the methods produces, but they're hardly the only way to make a whiskey
>>
>>79246041
Because they're encouraged to do so by Jews and liberals who see it as a way to either make money or to further a cause

>LOL black people invented whiskey, what now you CIS white male?

And after so long of being fed shit and being ignorant, blacks start to believe it as a truth
>>
>>79246049
>but race baiters refuse to believe that white southerners ever stopped beating and killing black people long enough to interact with them in any other way.

I actually had a class where I discussed a similar issue, and mind you this was quite a few years ago, and some fat SJW ultra liberal proceeded to literally scream about how I was racist and how all black people were disenfranchised and killed for having jobs and the professor was so taken aback he just ended class. I wonder what she'd say about this? I guess if you take a polarizing narrative it's hard to find a facet like this?

But the picture I'm talking about, I believe the slave had died, and it was one of his sons who was on JD payroll. So for that young man to be sitting in a company photo is just beyond proof of what you said. If he was even just a common worker he'd still be standing in the back. I don't get how liberals can just ignore that to push a narrative that JD stole the "invention"
>>
>>79246419
But what that cause could be we can only guess. I'm just tired of hearing WE WUZ when blacks are in a position to really make something of themselves but choose not to.
>>
>>79238939
Isn't whiskey Scottish?
>we wuz kings laddy
>>
>>79238939

well you niggers make some good whiskey
>>
>>79238939
Tennessee whiskey is utter, unregulated shit.

Pure Bourbon, distilled by racially pure kentuckian white men, is the good shit.

t. Drinking Four Roses as we speak (yes, I know the nips own it)
>>
>>79246812

Only if the Scots are black. Oh wait...
>>
Well, this explains why Jack Daniels is god awful.

sipping on a glass of aberlour a'bunadh
>>
>>79246812
American whiskey is unique, but if they can't claim that one slave invented a whole type of alcohol, then it's not as clickbaity as they'd like.

>>79246805
I am too it'd depressing. I think I'm coming to the conclusion that blacks and liberals can't make anything for themselves, and that they're only "successful" when they're pretending to be disenfranchised and challenging the status quo.

An example would be a bunch of liberals doing the House "sit in" last week I mean they controlled the legislature and executive for two years before they lost it and did nothing

They're like a dog chasing a car. Wouldn't know what to do with it if they caught it just run after it and then piss themselves with excitement
>>
>>79239463
Ur kidding r-right m8, comparing Jack Daniels to real whisky, you have rustled me burger.
>>
>>79247171
That's because protesting and crying foul is more profitable than actually doing something to fix the problem. That and also because the liberals know their shit won't work and out of misplaced pride won't consider that the other sides solutions could work.

You don't stay in elected power if you are actually doing something, you do it by telling the people you are doing something and need their support to stop evil.
>>
>>79241735
Good bourbon (stagg, Pappy's, etc) > Japanese scotch = good Highland/Speyside single malt scotch > decent bourbon (Weller, Buffalo Trace, Eagle Rare, Four Roses Single Barrel, Blantons, Willett, Maker's 46, etc) > Islay/lowland single malts > Irish whiskey > mass-market Bourbon (Beam, OGD, Maker's Mark, etc) > Blended Scotch > Tennessee whiskey > Canadian whiskey

But then again, I'm the sort who thinks that there are two kinds of whiskey: GOOD whiskey, and BETTER whiskey.
>>
>>79242600
> use a different fuel
Wow it's nothing

I guess I'm the real inventor of alcohol because I used a fucking hot plate
>>
>>79246049
>as close to a peer as a black could be at that time.
Which is a peer
The south has always been better for blacks than any other place on earth, even (especially) during the peak of slavery

Demonizing the south and slavery is a Jewish trick for blacks first, not whites
>>
>>79238939
Guess who had the intelligence to make money off it?
>>
File: 1395550837027.png (84 KB, 590x730) Image search: [Google]
1395550837027.png
84 KB, 590x730
>Bourbon,scotch,Whiskey,Rum,
It's all so good.
[spoiler] I hate vodka though
>>
>>79247414
2016 in a nutshell
>>79247634
Not disagreeing just stating the facts
>>79248086
Exactly
>>79248213
Kek
>>
>>79238939
>"..Nearis Green’s story — built on oral history and the thinnest of archival trails — may never be definitively proved. "
Pathetic article.
>"I don’t know what role slaves would have played,” Veach said, “but I’m sure it was there.”
So what exactly did this black man do?
Article doesn't say shit other than a generic history of whiskey making in the area.
>>
>>79239221
Evidence is racist

Are you racist?
>>
>>79241735

good taste
Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.