[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is Ireland never included in the Eternal Anglo? They mostly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19
File: eternal anglo.png (77 KB, 1362x644) Image search: [Google]
eternal anglo.png
77 KB, 1362x644
Why is Ireland never included in the Eternal Anglo?

They mostly speak English, and while there is Gaelic revival, Scotland has that too and they're a part of the UK.

Nonwithstanding, the Irish and Scottish are pretty much the main group of British immigrants who populated the early United States and Australia-whenever there was some sort of rebellion the British crown just shipped the Irish and Scottish to the colonies en masse, and later on, the Irish emigrated en masse to the USA.

Does Ireland get to be in the commonwealth brotherhood, or nahh?
>>
celts arent anglo
>>
Ireland's biggest exports are car bombs and liver failure.
>>
>>79215744

Guess the Scots are out for being Picts and Celts who speak English
>>
Irish would be the first the say they wouldn't belong to such a union. Calling them Anglo would be just like calling a Quebecois Anglo. And would illicit the same response. Actually possibly a worse response.
>>
>>79216334

Quebecois never became anglified though. As much as the Irish hate it, their nation pretty much, like Scotland or elsewhere in the UK, became Anglified.

Consider this as well, if most Australians are descended from Irish convicts who rebelled, with regards to that nation, if "anglification" does not count, does this mean Australians cant get into eternal anglo because of irish blood?
>>
>>79215685
"Anglosphere" is synonymous with treachery, stupidity and failure, so naturally we're not part of it.
>>
>>79216625
so i guess a japanman is anglified too because he wears a tie and derby.
>>
>>79216954

No, there's more to the Anglo identity than just wearing a tie and derby.
>>
>>79216625

You're assuming Irish are anglified which isn't correct. Sure their lingual franca is English, sure they were rule by Westminster and yes many Irish live in the UK.

Anglo means English. For some countries, fir instance NZ and im supposing also Australia (although i cant speak for them) that's OK but as someone with Irish heritage I feel confident saying we are happy, comfortable to have nothing to do that sphere of influence. Honestly everyone in my family and also my irish heritage friends would look to Rome before London without question. Also 1916, Bloody Sunday, Bobby Sands still feels like yesterday.
>>
>>79218046

I think they are though, as much as a nation like the USA ever was.

Politically, they hate the English. Their main language is English though, their political institutions are largely based on an English system, they have many of the same traditions.

The difference I guess is that the Irish don't want anything to do with England, and in many cases rightfully so.

Maybe they're the black-sheep of the family, an even more edgy version of the Americans (desu America is basically what Canada would be if we didn't expel the Fenian and the Irish decided to emigrate en masse)

The Anglo-child who's father beat them as a kid, unlike the rest of the commonwealth and they have to try and constantly prove how different they are in every instance while much of their origin, history, politics, social-customs, and what have you are intrinsically tied to the Anglo.
>>
>>79218623
s-stop
>>
Potatoniggers aren't Anglo.
>>
They're not Anglos, saxons, or brits.
>>
File: roger roger.jpg (104 KB, 679x427) Image search: [Google]
roger roger.jpg
104 KB, 679x427
An Irishman's anglohood is dependant on whether he desires it. If he wish to be Anglo then he is not and vice-versa. Realistically if we are Anglo so is Jamaica (who, like us, are not white).
>>
>>79219134
>>79219479
Tfw burgers have more descent from potatoniggers than probably anyone else except maybe Australia and were also in open rebellion from the monarchy yet welcome into eternal anglo
>>
>>79215685
The Irish are Anglo.

They are no different to anybody else on the British Isles.

Some people look through rose-tinted glasses and say they are 'Celts' . . .but celts haven't existed for well over 1500 years.

Like the Cornish, they are as poor as fuck and need tourism to survive.

Consider yourselves educated.
>>
>>79218623

I heat what you are saying and on the face of it you make some valid arguments.

But these things you point to, language, system of govt etc are emulated the world over. Netherlands can operate in english only and has a parliamentary system, Switzerland, Singapore also. Doesn't mean they need to be added to the Anglo wing.

The only difference with Ireland is they were administered from London. There was no great exchange of ideas, or intermarriage, we didn't meet in churches. There's just no connection there other than on a perfunctory sense.

We aren't Anglo. I can't make it any more simple than that. We just aren't.
>>
>>79220050

huh, you'd think the bonds on the braces would break rather than do that to the teeth. I popped a bond once or twice while I had braces. nasty!
>>
We fought several rebellions and a War of Independence to announce that we reject the name Anglo, so yeah, I think we're pretty clear on the matter.

We're European as fuck though.
>>
>>79220050
What the fuck happened??

His poor teeth :(
>>
>>79220143
When people refer to "Celts" they mean people whose origins are Celtic. Irish was the majority language of Ireland until the beginning of the 19th century, Irish people only became primarily English speaking relatively recently.

>>79218623
A lot of our traditions are pan-European with English influence. Others like Halloween and Bridget's day are distinctly Irish to us and we are still in the habit of marking our seasons based on the Gaelic calendar (Hence Oct 31 is the regarded as the end of Autumn). I don't think our traditions are as similar as you suggest, though anglo-American influence is pervasive in the modern day.
>>
>>79220288

I suppose, though I would believe that the Netherlands, Switzerland, or Singapore have more differences with the UK than Ireland has with the UK.

I mean, if one goes back historically, there were major exchanges of ideas, intermarriages, etc (With every English civil war, half the time one side of the Aristocracy would just jump to Ireland).

Even culture-wise, there are major similarities, moreso than off the Isles.

The Church issue is different, but even then, the Scots have religious differences as well.

The Irish may be able to out-drink the English at the end of the day (maybe not the Scots though) but they all embrace the pub.

I mean, even if the Irish don't want to be Anglo, aren't they pretty much no matter how recalcitrant they are about it (Ie that kid who got beat up by daddy within the family and hates his father, but is irreversibly still his father's child?).
>>
>>79216811
And what is Ireland known for? Weakness and ineptitude?
>>
>>79221419
Sure, though even celtic holidays like Halloween are transplanted within Great Britain as well. I mean, GB also includes the Welsh & Scots, not to mention there is still some celtic influence even within the English (though its only appears in random things and is largely overshadowed).

Scotland attempts Gaelic revival too, what would the difference be?
>>
File: 1467218826304.png (205 KB, 630x950) Image search: [Google]
1467218826304.png
205 KB, 630x950
>>79215685

how come u guys ignore India? I daresay there are more people in India who speak English than there are in Britain
>>
everyone instinctively knows that the irish are some nigger form of white man
>>
>>79221838
Drinking, Religiousness and sometimes our creative arts
Mostly potato
>>
>>79215685
Anglosphere = Brit colonies that gained independence
Ireland = Indigenous that gained indepenced
>>
File: 1463070622581.png (107 KB, 1362x644) Image search: [Google]
1463070622581.png
107 KB, 1362x644
>>79215685
Why don't you post the unedited version of that picture?
>>
>>79222084

India may speak English, but it'd be like including Tanganyika in a unification of "German places, Anschluss-chan
>>
>>79215981
Lowland Scotland was Anglo-Saxon, ya feckin' Teuchter boaby.
>>
>>79215685
SOUTH AFRICA WHERE
>>
>>79215981
Lowland scots are anglos. As a matter of fact, they're more anglo than anglo-saxons, as there is no saxon admixture.

Their native language is a divergence from old english, and they are by and large a germanic people.

These are the scots who inhabit the colonial nations, and in the US at least, most non new york "irish" are ulster scots, who are lowlanders the UK sent to ireland to rule over the conquered micks.

Only the highlanders are celts.
>>
>>79223423
Why would SA be anglo?
>>
File: Irish Anglo Negro.jpg (136 KB, 696x378) Image search: [Google]
Irish Anglo Negro.jpg
136 KB, 696x378
>>79215685
>Irish
>white
>>
>>79215685
Just google "niggers of europe", for your answer.
>>
>>79223749
a fucking drawing
>>
>>79223423
Nobody cares about us. Some of us are white and English with direct ancestry to UK. But no, that's still not enough. I don't give a shit about the rest of south africans, the fact of the matter is that there's still a large population of Anglos here (well over a million) and we've just conveniently been forgotten
>>
>tfw we used to run America until the Italians and Kews turned up
>>
File: 1462850095036.png (117 KB, 570x558) Image search: [Google]
1462850095036.png
117 KB, 570x558
>>79223749
>>79223873
>>
>>79222402
>sweden
that's rich
>>
>>79223711
>white
Check
>English as a native language
Check
>commonwealth
Check
>fought for UK in both world wars
Check
>British heritage
Check

You want any more reasons?
>>
File: 2131315.png (854 KB, 986x1118) Image search: [Google]
2131315.png
854 KB, 986x1118
>>79224148
How so? We're the whitest country on the planet as confirmed by science. Ouch, poor one-toothed anglo got served somali dick in his ass. Ooooh so butthurt he is.
>>
The Irish pretend they're a different race, like Jews do. It allows for a victim complex.
>>
>>79215685
the real question is why is USA anglo?
anglo clearly needs two criteria
1. population majority british ancestry
2. head of state Queen Elizabeth II

Ireland and USA are not anglo
>>
>>79221993
I was more referring to England, not Great Britain. The word Anglo seems to very oriented toward English culture. If you're going to define it as referring to the cultures of Britain entirely it's a bit different, especially when Britain has received a lot of its own Irish influence over the years. There are obvious ties to Scotland because Gaelic culture originated in Ireland. Scotland and Northern England also more recently received a more recent influx of Irish immigrants. I think English people often view Halloween as foreign or 'American' however.

I don't know what the extent of Gaelic revival there was in Scotland, from my own experience Scots seems a lot more disinterested and dissociated from Gaelic culture. In particular a lot of them will claim it has no place in the lowlands, where most of them live and very few seem to know any Gaelic at all. Knowledge of Irish isn't particular good in Ireland, but it is mandated in schooling so people do speak it a bit of it and generally hold a bit more cultural value in it even if it's tokenism. Gaelic games also seem to be much more popular here. Half of the Gaelic essence in populated Scotland seems to come from Irish heritagefags rather than highlanders.
>>
>>79224164
>white
Check again
>English as a native language
Check again
>commonwealth
Check
>fought for UK in both world wars
Check
>British heritage
Check again
>>
>>79221427

No, kinda sort of, no and no.

> I mean even ifbthe Irish don't want to be Anglo, aren't they pretty much no matter how recalcitrant they are about it.

And with that, I'm out. Good on you for asking and having an interest but you are way off the mark and looking at this from a limited viewpoint gathered from your own north american observations. I'm making assumptions about your knowledge but it seems obvious to me you know as much about this as I know about tibets relationship with China.

An hour spent in Dublin, arguably the most 'Anglo' of cities. Would tell anyone you are in Eire, not in an Anglo nation.
>>
>>79224246
come now, you, canada and germany are the butt of every migrant joke on this board. at least we're attempting to uncuck ourselves but you're just denying the truth while your women are bred black and your heritage turns to ashes in front of your eyes.
>>
I am just going to leave this here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Celtic
>>
>>79220143
>'Celts' . . .but celts haven't existed for well over 1500 years

Explain Gaelic then
>>
File: 1461721181230.jpg (311 KB, 722x951) Image search: [Google]
1461721181230.jpg
311 KB, 722x951
>>79224586
>come now, you, canada and germany are the butt of every migrant joke on this board.
Because the rest of you project (because you're immensely more cucked). It's psychology 101.
>at least we're attempting to uncuck ourselves
LMAO. How exactly? Brexit? You think it will make a difference when the jews still control your country? Are you as delusional as the americans?

Blue-pilled sub-humans...
>>
>>79223961
how's life in south africa?, never visited.
>>
>>79224483
SA isn't comprised of one group of people you moron. Whether there's 1 black or 100 million blacks doesn't take away the fact that SA has a sizeable Anglo population
>>
>>79224246
>In 2013, the proportion of people in Sweden with a foreign background in the age group 0-44 years was 33.3 percent. One year later, in 2014, the percentage increased by 0.95 percent to 34.26 percent. If this trend continues, Swedes aged 0-44 years will be a minority in their own country already in 2031. The development is even faster among younger people than the population as a whole.
>So in about 15 years (or less, with increased immigration), ethnic Swedes will be outnumbered nation wide, as it has already happened in Sweden's third largest city, and in many local communities.
>>
>>79224855
It's seen better days. Cape Town is a decent place for a holiday if you're earning Pounds though
>>
File: 1461679331550.gif (2 MB, 237x240) Image search: [Google]
1461679331550.gif
2 MB, 237x240
>>79224920
Nice source. Disregarded.
>>
File: Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.png (21 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Mann.png
21 KB, 600x300
What is pic related? and why were they never incorporated into the commonwealth or UK?

(Unless some happenings occurred in history that I'm ignorant to)
>>
>>79224634
well, you have faggots in the SCA who speak latin, but dammit, there isn't a roman empire anymore.

Some idiots playing language revival don't count.
>>
File: boo hoo.jpg (413 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
boo hoo.jpg
413 KB, 1200x630
>>79224809
and yet you accept that your women are whores for the somali cock and your proud viking history is reviled by cucks in your own homeland. shameful.
>>
>>79225129
Norse-Gael pirate island turned tax haven
>>
>>79224874
Until you rein in the niggers running rampant throughout your cities and countryside, you don't deserve to be called an anglo nation.
>>
>>79215685

Read a history book you mouthbreather
>>
File: 1467232775806.jpg (98 KB, 681x623) Image search: [Google]
1467232775806.jpg
98 KB, 681x623
>Nigel is originally derived from the Irish name Niall
good gall
>>
File: 1463482273014.jpg (92 KB, 539x418) Image search: [Google]
1463482273014.jpg
92 KB, 539x418
>>79225260
>and yet you accept that your women are whores for the somali cock and your proud viking history is reviled by cucks in your own homeland.
We do? That's news to me. Race mixing isn't common in Sweden you retarded anglo. There's a reason the non-white trash (including anglos and slavs) have to rape our women, and no, those rape statistics are misinterpreted and blown out of proportion (proven plenty of times on /pol/, not my fault if you're a newfag). Swedish women aren't whores for somali cock. I understand why you might say this though. You're jealous because no swedish woman wants to fuck a disgusting anglo like yourself. Maybe you should make yourself more presentable? Brush your teeth, wear dress shoes (with heels) to increase your height from 5'5. Simple shit like that. Then again, you'd probably still look too fucking inbred to stand a chance. Must suck to be so genetically inferior.
>>
>>79225439
Unfortunately that's not going to happen. SA isn't an Anglo nation, but SA has many Anglos living in it, yet we are unrecognised both in SA and in UK due to the large majority. If Britain really cared about their own people they'd make concessions for us to return to the UK. If you want to go on about the black sheep of the Anglosphere I'd say we are since we don't actually live in an Anglo country
>>
>>79215685
Liberians and Jamaicans speak English too.
>>
>>79224855
It's a prime example of what happens when social justice takes it's course, and 3rd world savages take over.

I would never go there, for anything. Especially not as a white person.
>>
I am a little irish, I always thought the irish were golden. But europe/england seem to have something against you.
>>
>>79224584
Sorry to see you as out, but the point stands.

They are quite anglicized, have a rather shared history, shared political institutions, majority speaks English, many of the same cultural traits which emerged on the Isles (or at least as much difference as Wales or Scotland has with England), etc

A moment in Dublin would tell you you are with a ton of Irish, just like a moment in Edinburgh would tell you you were with a ton of Scots, while a moment in Sydney would tell you that you were with a ton of Aussies. Theyre all pretty much one family
>>
File: cameraman don't gief two fucks.jpg (105 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
cameraman don't gief two fucks.jpg
105 KB, 720x479
>>79225655
on top form today, swedecuck, keep it up and i'll keep handing out (You)'s
>>
>>79223985
WE
>>
>>79225655
>caring about your women this much

Either a white knight or a triggered woman
>>
>>79225655
>Race mixing isn't common in Sweden

Are you fucking retarded. Swedish women love Arab cock a lot. Around 1/3 of the women in my city have a Arab boyfriend
>>
>>79224874
>>79225835

Pretty much this. Canada might not be an Anglo nation if French was still prominant throughout most of it.

I wouldn't call Quebec an Anglo nation, for instance, but the rest of Canada? Anglo as fuck and Anglos make up the majority of Canada.

South Africa is sort of Anglo, but I correct me if I'm wrong, the Anglos don't make up a vast majority of the nation. There's dutch/boers, and sizeable black populations as well.

If we're talking family, South Africa is like that daughter who dates some european dude then gets fucked by a black dude on the side

>>79225931

Sure, but speaking English isn't the only prerequisite. A shared history, culture, political institutions, practices, etc may also be in there.
>>
>>79226599
>Are you fucking retarded.
No, but I think you might be.
>Swedish women love Arab cock a lot.
No they don't. Why do you think the arabs have to rape them? You just confirmed by previous response. You can't even into logic. What a fucking moron.
>Around 1/3 of the women in my city have a Arab boyfriend
Where's that? RosengÄrd? Fuck out of here with your proxy, you stupid, fat american.
>>
File: 1465826593789.png (266 KB, 540x530) Image search: [Google]
1465826593789.png
266 KB, 540x530
>>79226593
>Don't care about your women and you're a cuck
>Care about your women and you're either a white knight or a triggered woman

You're a special kind of retard, aren't you?
>>
>>79226757
>>79226849
>posting about anything that could hurt sweden's rep as the bitch of /pol/ makes you a proxy
this triggers the swede
>>
>>79226849
idk europe is on another race gender level than america.
>>
File: 1463871196428.png (231 KB, 572x451) Image search: [Google]
1463871196428.png
231 KB, 572x451
>>79226972
Why don't you go bin your soft-air-gun or something, you fat anglo.
>>
>>79226757
This why I hate sweden and thank God I have 0% Swedish blood in me even tough I am 100% from Europe. You swedes are in fucking denial your culture is shit and obnoxious and swedes don't have the guts to say anything against the establishment I used to love this country but not anymore. BTW the city I am talking about is Gothenburg
>>
>>79224246

>germanic
>white
>Not saxon/celtic

Sorry Sweden, you are just as subhuman as your somalian untermensch.
>>
>>79227131
>I have 0% Swedish blood in me
Just as I thought. Turn off the proxy.
>>
>>79215685

Because Anglo = English ethnically, not English speaking. you're thinking of Anglosphere which is an entirely different concept.
>>
File: 1465658381543.jpg (137 KB, 851x550) Image search: [Google]
1465658381543.jpg
137 KB, 851x550
>>79227316
There's a reason Nazi Germany deemed us to be the master race, not anglo scum like you. Case closed.
>>
>>79226708
The misconception people have is that they clump SA as if we are a singular group of people. I bet there are many people on /pol/ who ardently believe that Whites here are Afrikaans and Afrikaans only. I can't even hold a conversation in afrikaans and I'm white.
In a multicultural country you have to look at the individual's background because there are many backgrounds. White English speaking South Africans make up a very small population of SA (I'd guess around 3-4%), but numbers wise we are around 1.6 million. When you look at the numbers, you'll realise that there's actually quite a large number of us here. There are almost more Anglo south africans than Anglo new Zealanders, yet one is counted over the other simply because one is an Anglo nation and one is not. The very fact that we are a large number but an absolute minority should mean that Anglosphere countries should actually assist us so that we can end up living in a country where we feel more represented. The people who govern SA don't represent me or my culture. So by shutting us out, you're effectively shutting out 1.6 million people of their right to self determination.
>>
>>79227529

Sort of.

America isn't English ethnically though. Even if we're talking population from the Isles, its had more Irish and Scottish populations emigrating than English.

I think eternal-anglo as a meme seems to be moreso a shared anglicized culture or cultural similarities. Just to highlight, It seemed Ireland should fit into that as well.

Its not just language, hence why some place why India or Liberia wouldn't be in
>>
File: image.jpg (5 KB, 125x116) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
5 KB, 125x116
>>79224339
I would like an answer to this.
>>
>>79228531
eternal anglo is a forced meme sustained by niggers and sand niggers.
>>
>>79226708
>Sure, but speaking English isn't the only prerequisite. A shared history, culture, political institutions, practices, etc may also be in there.
The criterion is a little vague. We have a "shared history" with Britain, but not quite in the way the typical anglo countries are thought to (that is, our history with Great Britain is more akin to what happened in India). Our political structures are similar to Britain's (largely as a consequence of the Anglo-Irish treaty), but also have similarities to other countries (in particular being a republic with a written constitution only amendable by referenda). Jamaica also shares a similar system to Britain. Ireland maintains a policy of neutrality so has never formally participated in military action, which seems to be a big thing in the anglo meme.
>>
>>79229897
Good fight.
>>
>>79224483
Erm, Ireland was pretty much on Germany's side on WW2. De Valera was pretty cosy with Hitler.
>>
>>79230828
He was talking about SA but
>Erm, Ireland was pretty much on Germany's side on WW2. De Valera was pretty cosy with Hitler.
de Valera expressed condolence to the German Minister because he was autistic and felt this was appropriate protocol for a neutral country. In practice the Allies got preferential treatment throughout the war. Anybody who really thinks Ireland was practically Axis during the war is a fucking idiot.
Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.