[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Brexit national suicide?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: BREXIT-1.jpg (297 KB, 3200x1956) Image search: [Google]
BREXIT-1.jpg
297 KB, 3200x1956
>In my view, Brexit is quite literally nothing short of national suicide

>And that Norwegian example demands closer inspection. What it means in practice is that Norway’s government pays a hefty price for its EU relationship and market access, in the form of continuing to pay very substantial sums into the EU, while agreeing to easy immigration policies. The only thing it lacks is any say whatever in EU policy-making

>As they begin to consider the effects of Brexit, the Leave leaders are facing an irreconcilable contradiction. On the one side, you have the more mainstream figures, like Boris Johnson, who will very soon be pleading for a Norway-style association model, with all the negatives I suggested earlier. Against them will be the populists, like Nigel Farage’s UKIP, who will accept nothing implying open immigration, no form of EU-Lite. Rejecting that element, though, also means abandoning any hope of access to the single European market. If implemented, that would mean industrial and financial collapse

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/is-brexit-national-suicide/

Isn't there some truth to what he writes? Wouldn't it be better to reform the EU as David Cameron wanted, instead of leaving it?
>>
>>79174137
What better way to inspire reform than leaving the EU. Fact is, it didn't work, so staying definitely wouldn't have worked.

We get it. You want to work as a plumber in the UK, but shit posting on /pol/ isn't going to make that a reality. Besides, if my cynical attitude isn't misplaced, the UK won't end up actually leaving. They'll elect a new government who will renege on invoking article 50 and the reason Merkel is throwing such a shit show is so that they can reduce the UKs position in the EU.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong, the EU is an Orwellian nightmare, but while I always hope for the best, I tend to expect the worst.
>>
>>79174137
reform the EU - right

I'd rather be free and autonomous
Switzerland is doing well and is an independent nation
Nobody looks after you better than your own family
>>
>>79174137
I don't care what happens to the UK. I care about what happens to my country. Reformation of the EU has been taking place since it was first started, and every single reform has made it worse. EU is a threat to democracy in Europe, and the faster we get rid of the corrupt leaders of the EU, the better. Sacrificing the UK is a small price to pay.
>>
>>79174558
>We get it. You want to work as a plumber in the UK
I agree with the UK on immigration

But:

1. You could try to reform that from the inside, as Cameron tried to

2. You didn't have to open your labor market already in 2004

3. You could prevent migrants from joining certain services, like Germany does

>the EU is an Orwellian nightmare

good to know that the UK isn't with its marxist and liberal elites
>>
File: 1466965549578.jpg (83 KB, 910x900) Image search: [Google]
1466965549578.jpg
83 KB, 910x900
>>79174558

>want to work as a plumber in the UK
>>
>>79174825
>1. You could try to reform that from the inside, as Cameron tried to
And failed.

If saying "fuck you, we're leaving", with multiple other nations beginning to express similar sentiments isn't enough to make the EU change, then nothing will. I don't know how many times I need to rephrase and repeat this.

>3. You could prevent migrants from joining certain services, like Germany does
That doesn't address the other sociological implications of the Schengen zone.

>good to know that the UK isn't with its marxist and liberal elites
Regardless, brexit is better for the UK in terms of self determination and national sovereignty. One problem at a time.
>>
>>79174137
No Marek, you can't live here.
>>
>>79175339
>If saying "fuck you, we're leaving", with multiple other nations beginning to express similar sentiments isn't enough to make the EU change, then nothing will

France, Germany, Spain and Italy agree with each other. And if this is the case, they have the power to isolate and punish countries if one wanted to leave
>>
>Rejecting that element, though, also means abandoning any hope of access to the single European market.

HAHAHAHA IS THIS ARTICLE FOR REAL?
WE WOULD STILL HAVE ACCESS UNDER WTO RULES

ONLY A 10% TARIFF
LESS THAN OUR CONTRIBUTIONS TO THE EU

ARE YOU FUCKING DUMB
>>
File: Brexit Civil War.jpg (61 KB, 600x374) Image search: [Google]
Brexit Civil War.jpg
61 KB, 600x374
>>79174137

Nope, still here. But project fear is still alive I see.
>>
>"reform"
>not dismantle

What a fucking beta.
>>
>>79175723
maybe you missed a few english lessons but thats not exactly a reason to stay, its a reason to get the fuck out while you still can
>>
>>79175856
I think Brexit will make only sense, when France, Germany, Italy and Spain will collapse economically, because at this time you already will get used to living in a sort of isolation and they would only have to start to live with worse conditions
>>
>>79174137

UK will not agree to EU immigration policy.

Any government proposing it will be removed at the ballot box.
Sure maybe you can have a worker-visa, but there will be no access to public funds, you will not be able to settle here without passing many conditions (minimum income, minimum years on worker visa, no criminal record).

UK will be different afterwards, but that is our choice. The outcome, good or bad will be ours.
>>
>>79174137

This version of EU needs to be crashed and burnt so that you guys can establish the Democratic Union of Europe. No cockroaches allowed of course.
>>
>>79176601
So the issue is immigration or migrants taking social benefits? Because afaik Cameron managed to change the latter a bit
>>
>>79174137
EU is a prison of nations who will be tortured and bullied into giving up their status as nations. not suicide, national escape.

as for the rest, one thing the brits excel at is brinksmanship, which they are in a strong position to conduct, so concern trolling about free movement is vastly overstated.
>>
>>79174137
>access to the single European market
In 50 years it is called Jizya

Seriously though, it is mutual assured destruction if UK drags its feet about leaving or not. Literally zero new investors.
EU is looking for more control, not less (i.e. superstate). So forget a reform for less control, ain't happening.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.