[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/u s/politics/hillary-clint
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10
File: 1464296100406.jpg (92 KB, 639x897) Image search: [Google]
1464296100406.jpg
92 KB, 639x897
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/30/us/politics/hillary-clinton-and-donald-trump-are-deadlocked-poll-shows.html?_r=0

>Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump are deadlocked, poll shows

You know it's real when even the Jew York Times admits it.

Looks like the "Trump needs to play catch up" meme can finally die.
>>
>>79173499
Weren't they all saying YESTERDAY that Trump was way behind? These polls are all bullshit. It's all bait.
>>
>>79173606

I've been speculating that Trump is a lot closer to Hillary than the MSM is admitting.

Now that they're finally admitting that Trump is even with Hillary, you should safely assume he has a 10 point lead that they don't want to tell you about.
>>
>>79174148
Thats great now I don't have to bother voting for him
>>
>>79175320
Thanks for bumping my thread, shill.
>>
>>79173499
They're learning from Brexit that telling people there's no chance of the opposition winning leads to low turnout.
>>
>>79175504
Also, they need to make sure it looks close cause if libs feel like they're losing they'll just commit mass suicide instead of fighting back
>>
>I've been speculating that Trump is a lot closer to Hillary than the MSM is admitting.

If so, then people have the right to sue them you know for false advertising.
>>
BUT ABC SAID TRUMP IS 20% ONLY!

HOW IS THIS HAPPENING!
>>
File: junpei.jpg (4 KB, 158x182) Image search: [Google]
junpei.jpg
4 KB, 158x182
>>79173499
AH!
>>
Why do that? Why lie about polls like that? That's some Soviet style disinformation right there

Seems like the entire media is against Trump, but then again the entire media was against Brexit (even no-talent hacks like Currentyearman said Brexit was a bad idea, on a US show no less). I have hope.
>>
Trump is leading to Hillary. I tried to explain this to you guys yesterday.

There is a thing called "shame factor". It basically means that people (especially women) feel a certain amount of shame admitting to anyone that they are voting on candidates and political parties that are "politically incorrect". Because of this polls will always show a much smaller support for Trump than what really is the case, because the participants in these surveys lie to the interviewer. Polls of course also do not take into consideration that young people and people of color have a much lower participation rate in elections than white middle aged Americans, because of this the gap between Hillary and Trump will be quite considerable this election. Trump will win with quite a margin.
>>
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 640x330) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 640x330
Yet this is all msm can focus on. Unbelievable. This is how you construct a narrative, folks.
>>
>>79173499
Republicans are acting like it's not close -- developing escape plans, refusing to endorse Trump, refusing donations.
Democrats are acting like it is close so that voters get mobilized in large numbers.

Conclusion: obviously it's not close, based on the behaviors of both sides. What we're seeing is simply Democrats trying to increase their turnout and Republicans attempting damage limitation so it's not a Barry Goldwater. Pretty simply, anons.
>>
File: 6gorillion-alreadyin1915.jpg (233 KB, 1188x988) Image search: [Google]
6gorillion-alreadyin1915.jpg
233 KB, 1188x988
>>79174148

This, but

>I've been speculating

there's no need for that. When you're up against Shillary, you'll drown in lies, just like /pol/ for the past couple of months.
>>
Her face is legitimately scary as fuck.
>>
>>79174148
This. Trump is probably winning. The press reports what it wants
>>
Only fags will vote for trump. My friends take it from me. If you vote for Hillary you will get laid. Girls dont want to heAR you voted for a racist, they will open their legs if you vote for hillary. Now whose with her?
>>
>>79173499

This is great news, what about those other polls that showed Hillary with an advantage_
>>
File: 1466801910046.jpg (12 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
1466801910046.jpg
12 KB, 300x250
>>79173499
Her gaze is diabolical..
>>
>dat obvious professional lighting
>totally """"casual""""
>>
>>79173499
You are all being played.

>Thats why Im #NotVotingIn2016
>>
I'm now a #Cruzmissile.
>>
>>79175814
This. Once people are alone in the voting booth with no name calling they are free to vote without being shamed for it. Brexit was a great example. As long as Trump stays on message and doesn't start apologizing he will win.
>>
>>79174148
If Brexit has taught us anything it is that you cannot trust public polling when it comes to the establishment vs populists
>>
>>79176216

properly unhinged as fuck
>>
>>79176298
In what way?
>>
>>79175833
>>79174148
I don't think you guys get it. Most polls are independently conducted and have no bias; they want to be seen as accurate. The only ones that are blatantly biased are ones like the recent Washington post poll, which if you look at it, seems to have been constructed solely to create a "Trump can't win!" News cycle (this is evidenced by the over represented dems over republicans, biased anti-trump questions, etc)
Most other polls are probably more accurate, just ignore the outliers. Those are created just to up the rcp average for the pollsters political agenda.
>>
>>79176514
What Silver has done with his weighting and rating of polls is to show how biased many of them are (especially with a pro-Republicans bias before the last election, which led many Romney supporters to expect him to win) and to use the best available empirical material to overcome bias in polls (by correcting the ones that have a poor historical record, for instance, or by weighting much less the poll reports of people who pick up landlines to answer polls, since most of them are over 75 and are not representative). Silver is a super nerd who is more interested in the statistics and science of polling than he is in who wins. This makes him infinitely more reliable than all the bullshit, made-up, wishful thinking that dominates /pol/.
>>
>>79175965
Proof that libtards will sell out their country for boipussy.
>>
>>79177057
What is the answer to y = 51x? You don't know, because you don't know what x is, neither does Silver.
>>
>>79178084
which proves? Are you saying we can't talk about polls or probabilities because there's uncertainty? You know what a probability calculation is, right anon?
>>
>>79178084
You're just showing everybody that you haven't taken a math course since 8th grade.
>>
File: coolhippiegrandma.jpg (181 KB, 634x951) Image search: [Google]
coolhippiegrandma.jpg
181 KB, 634x951
oh don't mind me
>>
>>79173499
Hi doctor prick
>>
>>79178553
>jacket sewn by nickel-a-day Mexicans in a Sonoran maquiladora built a year after NAFTA was signed
>>
>>79178553
I'm pretty sure that robe is from an elder scrolls game
>>
File: 1467213319594.png (873 KB, 1080x1250) Image search: [Google]
1467213319594.png
873 KB, 1080x1250
>>
>>79173606

This, we saw it with Brexit; polls affect voter turnout, if you think he's likely to win because a poll indicates it you're less likely to go out of your way to vote.
>>
>>79178291
It proves that he's going to be wrong with a big margin.

In 2014 prior to the elections, polling companies expected the Sweden Democrats to get about 6 % of all votes. In the elections however SD got roughly 10 % of the votes. A more recent example of the shame factor is the Brexit elections. Polling companies expected Bremain to win, with a big margin, but they lost 48 % to Brexits 52 %. It becomes evident then, that the methods used by analysts such as Silver is pointless, because they don't take into account the shame factor. They consciously ignore it. It doesn't matter that Silver is a nerd, he's calculations are flawed, and my argument is not "bullshit, made-up, wishful thinking". Silver is the one guilty of that.
>>
>>79173499
>dozens of polls you don't want to believe
>one poll you do want to believe

I love how it proves that all the other polls are librul conspiracies. Confirmation bias is so strong it's scary.
>>
File: AnarchyFlag.jpg (138 KB, 1474x850) Image search: [Google]
AnarchyFlag.jpg
138 KB, 1474x850
>>79173499
I hate politics, I hate politicians, I hate people getting up and stirring up people with a bunch of hokey lies and huckster promises that they never deliver on, bread and circuses to silence people's curious nature so they go and willingly become the enforcers of the viewpoints of the leaders and talking heads and bankers and criminal gangs. Just shut the fuck up supporting these stupid faggots and become autonomous and support yourself. For fucks sake stop putting people in power over you. Dumbasses.
>>
>>79173499
Its good to keep him low in the polls, encourages people to go out and vote
>>
>>79176428
Was just thinking that, all smoke and mirrors in the hopes that you never actually try to step through and test their illusions.
>>
>>79175625
You clearly have no knowledge of the US legal system
>>
>>79173499
am i the only one that looks at that picture and immediately feels this overwhelming sensation that I am looking at something inherently evil?
>>
File: discobill.gif (401 KB, 700x465) Image search: [Google]
discobill.gif
401 KB, 700x465
>>79178553

WHY THE FUCK IS SHE ALWAYS DRESSED LIKE A LUCIFERIAN WARLOCK

oh wait...
>>
>>79178553
Thank's buddy, now I gotta go schedule an
early appointment with my therapist.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.