[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREXIT: Serious question for Britbongs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: queen.jpg (133 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
queen.jpg
133 KB, 1500x1125
Genuine question, /pol/.

Given this:
http://royalcentral.co.uk/blogs/insight/what-are-the-queens-powers-22069

Can Lizzie do something based such as overriding referendum results or blocking bills, etc.?
>>
>>79166775
Whether or not she can do something doesn't really change the fact that she won't. She wears hats and waves at people. That's pretty much it.
>>
>>79167055
I don't know much about monarchy, desu.
I was born in a democratic and corrupt country.

So is she really a puppet or what?

In Republics, Heads of the State can express political opinions. But she can't, can't she?
>>
>>79166775

I think she could, we are a constitutional monarchy after all
>>
>>79167468
She can dissolve the Parliament... or deny assent to bills.
>>
>>79166775
Theoretically she could, but she wont override the referendum
>>
>>79167366
She could express her opinions but makes sure not to and hides her political views as best as possible. She has some power but also knows to use it could cause a major shitstorm.
>>
She could but their would be pitchforks and torches at Buckingham palace

Queenie's role has always been ceremonial, she's never denied a bill.
>>
>>79166775
She takes a fierce stance of non-interference.

She can, yes. But she won't.
>>
>>79166775
The queen actually likes the result of Brexit mate. She'd veto a veto by the parliament of the referendum.
>>
>>79167468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYEKSOBRtM

>>79167580
Everyone knew Sun's headline was an overstatement. She asked a question.
Of course we can fantasize as per why such question made it to the headlines in first place... but let's not overstate its relevance.

>>79167593
>She has some power but also knows to use it could cause a major shitstorm.
I'm new to Ausfailia... but if I remember correctly she triggered a Constitutional crisis at some point in the 70s. Something related to Papua.
>>
>>79167594
>She could but their would be pitchforks and torches at Buckingham palace
Why? Brexiters are also monarchists.
Or do they stop being loyalists as soon as their rightful ruler displeases them?
>>
>>79167565
I don't think she can dissolve parliament anymore. Pretty sure that was taken away in 2011. She can still dismiss government ministers and deny assent though
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.