[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
IS THIS AIDS SKRILLEX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1
File: aids skrillex.jpg (63 KB, 860x405) Image search: [Google]
aids skrillex.jpg
63 KB, 860x405
New aids skrillex video? He's saying something and getting yelled at by a black dude...

https://youtu.be/fxLT0Gc_4Ms?t=2743
>>
why are they speaking so fast. i see the timer, but y tho
>>
>>79141890
wtf

Why are they speaking so fast? wtf is this?
>>
>>79141890

Are you talking about the guy who moves into the camera and sits down at 3:30?

Don't give us a 2 hour video with a timestamp, retard.
>>
>>79141890
boy don't know about moving away from the mic to breathe in
>>
>>79142503

That's how school debates work.

Each team is on a timer, and since the judges generally reward points based upon how many arguments each team makes, teams have to shotgun as many points as possible in order to have a competitive edge.
>>
>>79142663
>quantity over quality
wow that's fucking dumb
>>
>>79142793
quantity + feelings > quality + facts
get with the times man, it's 2016.
>>
>>79141890
No. Nothing like him. This guy is normal weight to a bit overweight. AIDS Skrillex literally looks like a dying aids patient.
>>
>>79142663
>>79142793
That's just Policy debate. Spreading's not as common in Lincoln Douglas, and rare in Public Forum because it also awards Speaker Points
>>
>>79142911
but.. i don't want the world to be like this
>>
>>79142663
I can't even understand what they're saying, this doesn't make any sense
>>
>>79142991
Policy can basically only be judged by people who've done it. It's stupid fast and filled with technical jargon that's completely useless outside of that one form of debate.
>>
>>79142503
I can't understand them, they all sound like they are having strokes.
>>
>>79142317
It's the way these debates work. Apparently they're judged on how many points they can spew out in the allotted time or some shit, so they develop techniques to speak as quickly as possible, making them sound like retards.

I remember there was some champion black debate team who did the exact same thing and garnered wide criticism from a lot of old white men for those "damn black youths" destroying the integrity of debating.
>>
>>79142968
too bad you suck at debating and can't even make 2 arguments per minute. I did 17 apm in debate in grade 9 but was later hospitalized
>>
>>79143195
Nah, if they're black they probably ran a critique instead of spreading. It's where you call the format of debate itself racist and tell the judge that they're racist if they vote for the other team. It's a very successful style.
>>
>>79143195
I'll stick to my Oxford Union and parliamentary style debates
>>
>>79143347
I like those well enough, but they don't have enough interaction between the debaters for me. Personally think Public Forum is the best option.
>>
>>79143298
They do this in this round

The black dude stands up after AIDS skrillex talks and asks about if his speech kills black people
>>
>>79143397
That's only high school lol
>>
>>79143407
Not surprised. Basically everyone except cishet white male teams have at least one critique in their back pocket.

>>79143464
I know, but I'm hoping it spreads to the college circuit.
>>
But what's the point of debating if no one can understand what you're saying?
>>
>>79143195
they get points for using a gish gallop?
>>
>>79143547
The judge and the other team understand
>>
>>79143568
That is, in fact, the entirety of the format on both sides.
>>
>>79143616
WHat ever happened to point counterpoint and facts?
>>
>>79143715
Other forms of debate.

Policy's problem is that it doesn't require debaters to prove their links even a little bit, so you can just shove as many arguments in as you like, and your opponent has to deal with all of them.
>>
>>79143547
UH YOUR ARGUMENT STANDS NO TECHNICAL UH GROUND UH ON THE BASIS OF OUR UH INTELLECTUAL SOCIAL UH PRIOR OF KNOWLEDGE THEREFORE YOUR PRACTICE OF INVALIDATING MY CLAIMS RENDERED MOOT DUE TO UH THE PROCESS OF RESPECTING THE RULES UH OF THE OFFENDING TEAM IN UH THIS UH ACADEMIC DEBATE FULL OF UH PERSONAL EXPERIENCE UH THAT YOU CAN NOT EMBODY UH.
>>
>>79143846
that explains why people these days have shit arguments
>>
>>79143200
kek
you're right i can't compete. i guess the only solution is death
>>
This type of "debating" is a prime example of a byproduct born and bread in academia, and could never leave it without looking like a laughingstock.

Any normal person on the street would think these people to be insane.
>>
>be myself in high school history class
>Doing debates on topics like is Marxism a good government system
>Debate all up in this shit, scoring points and swatting counterpoints left and right.
>Judges unanimously agree my team wins 3 of 4 debates, still win majority in the last one
>My team didn't even contribute shit.
>Grow into sarcastic and witty asshole
It's like poem writing
>>
>>79144977
It's more that it's the result of turning arguments into a game. This is literally just a hobby, and naturally you eventually see people shed anything from it that doesn't directly translate into wins.
>>
>>79141890
thats not aid skrillex
aid skrillex face is a bit fatter
thats some other white guy

all rook sane
>>
>>79141890
ITT: people who have never heard of policy debate
>>
>>79142663
Americans confirmed as unironically retarded.

Also OP, implying anyone is going to watch two hours of this vid. I skipped a few minutes into the vid to see some sperg huffing and puffing for 10 seconds, and that was enough for me. Absolute sage.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.