[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will 2016 Olympics be the most entertaining ever? * Hosted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: 1467177698211.jpg (183 KB, 1029x771) Image search: [Google]
1467177698211.jpg
183 KB, 1029x771
Will 2016 Olympics be the most entertaining ever?

* Hosted in Rio, Brazil, a third world country

* Rio had to beg the government for more money to fund Olympics

* Brazil as a country is currently experiencing massive recession (worst one since 1930s), shrank -5.4% last year

* Political instability and economic crisis

* Ongoing Zika outbreak that tourists will catch and spread world-wide

* The waters surrounding Rio are heavily polluted and raw sewage is leaked directly into the waters. Olympic athletes that have trained have already gotten sick en masse

* "a doping scandal in which Brazil's only testing lab was suspended"

* Police officers are not getting paid

* High crime that became even higher because not enough funds to pay police officers

* Athletes from around the world coming to Rio have already been mugged at gun-point

* Construction not close to done and there's a little over a month left until Olympics start

* Designers, constructor, and supervisor of the buildings are all one group, when usually three separate groups. Said they have cut corners and ignored protocols to speed construction up

* Transportation and facilities not done, "metro project just four days before the Olympics begin"

* Athletes are refusing to attend Olympics due to Zika/pollution

* Locals are anxious whether or not it's worth it, similar to 2014 FIFA world cup facilities, built but never used again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9abD5pp-Tg
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/28/americas/brazil-olympics-rio-budget/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Summer_Olympics
>>
I don't know what possessed the IOC to have the games in such a foul place. The olympics is like a scourge to the locations they've been held in. Massive monetary commitment to host the event, useless and expensive facilities that are never used again, are too costly to destroy and repurpose lead to large areas of the city/country becoming useless. I believe the location in Sydney is known as the Olympic Graveyard.
>>
I remember everyone was watching eagerly when China got the Olympics, hoping that they would fail. When, getting close to the start, people smugly watched on as China was struggling to finish all the infrastructure they planned out.

Point is Brazil is nothing like that. It's going to be an absolute shit show.
>>
Brazil will fall into civil war, mark my words.
>>
File: Meanwhile in Brazil.gif (2 MB, 360x414) Image search: [Google]
Meanwhile in Brazil.gif
2 MB, 360x414
>>79140803

Some people have spent their whole lives training for this only to get shot in the face by some spic on their way to an event. It's going to be wonderful.
>>
it's not like russia was much better
>>
>>79141490
Can't wait for it, I really need to get my ass up to do something. It will start in Rio de Janeiro, if it does.
>>
>* Ongoing Zika outbreak that tourists will catch and spread world-wide
Don't forget it's autumn there so there's no mosquitoes
>>
>>79141112
It's really just bribery and corruption. Whoever can bribe the most will get the rights to host the games.
>>
I'm ready for the memes.
>>
>>79140803

Fuck them all with a rusted rake tbqh. Fuck the hues, fuck the people in charge of the olympics and fuck everyone who goes to that stinky hellhole they call a city. Olympics 2016 should be taking place in Madrid, but we got fucking robbed. To add insult to injury they even said they took rio de janeiro because madrid seemed unsafe. FUCK them. I hope everyone gets zika and aids.
>>
>>79141490
Civil war is the normal state of Brasil.
>>
File: japan-meteor.jpg (66 KB, 625x352) Image search: [Google]
japan-meteor.jpg
66 KB, 625x352
>>79140803
>>79141112
>>79141190
>>79141971
>>79146568
Japan 2020 Olympics will be more entertaining.

Japan is planning to send down artificial meteors during the Opening.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3599563/Forget-fireworks-Japanese-startup-wants-create-man-METEOR-shower-2020-Olympics.html

You can't really compete with raining down Artificial Meteors to Earth.
>>
China made their olympic hosting place into a giant water park. Why can't everyone else do that?
>>
>>79147574
Not as fun as endless mockery.
>>
>>79147574
>mentioned manufacturing cost instead of cost of getting it to space
>cloudy weather = failed costly project
they are not gonna do it
>>
>>79140803
>public services
kek
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.