[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there really people here who still believe that diversit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 23
File: diversity is our strength.jpg (13 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
diversity is our strength.jpg
13 KB, 236x236
Are there really people here who still believe that diversity isn't a good thing?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/mar/16/passive-tolerance-beacon-hope-diverse-communities
>the finding of seven studies carried out over 10 years in the United States, Europe and South Africa, led by a team of social psychologists at the University of Oxford and published in the journal of the United States National Academy of Sciences. They were careful to rule out the most obvious explanation for their finding, social psychologists Miles Hewstone and Katharina Schmid explain – namely, that the higher levels of tolerance in more diverse neighbourhoods are a result of more tolerant people choosing to live there. Two of the studies were conducted over several years and tracked the same individuals, showing how attitudes changed. Even prejudiced people showed a greater degree of tolerance over time if they lived in a mixed neighbourhood.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-9477.2007.00176.x/abstract
> In the long run immigration and diversity are likely to have important cultural, economic, fiscal, and developmental benefits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhxxjy-Uxw
>>
>>79132986
women can never have enough competition to be their protectors.
>>
>>79132986
Diversity inspires distrust between citizens of different cultures/races, as the newcomers do not assimilate, and tend to group together rather tribalistically. For as long as the culture does not assimilate, both the natives and the immigrants will continue to antagonize one another. This is where the term 'racism' comes from; it is effectively just in-group preference over out-groups.

Black people even now in the US still prefer one another over white people, even though they'd been there for at most 180 years or so.

If even after all that time they'd been having a hard time getting to work with the natives, then how the hell will it work anywhere else?
>>
File: The Freeman.jpg (50 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
The Freeman.jpg
50 KB, 640x478
>>79133357
>>
celebratingdiversity_destroyingdiversity.png
>>
Is this why the left feels it's okay to censor their detractors?
>>
>>79133357
>Diversity inspires distrust between citizens of different cultures/races, as the newcomers do not assimilate, and tend to group together rather tribalistically. For as long as the culture does not assimilate, both the natives and the immigrants will continue to antagonize one another.

What you're saying is noted in this study: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1467-9477.2007.00176.x/abstract

But the study also concludes
>>In the long run immigration and diversity are likely to have important cultural, economic, fiscal, and developmental benefits.

And blacks have only had civil rights for about 60 years. That 180 years number is misleading.
>>
File: 1445440838074.png (1 MB, 774x930) Image search: [Google]
1445440838074.png
1 MB, 774x930
>>79132986
>Measuring for tolerance instead of actual important aspects for societal health

http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/
>>
File: society.jpg (20 KB, 672x672) Image search: [Google]
society.jpg
20 KB, 672x672
>Unity
>Diversity

Pick one.
>>
>>79133841
>And blacks have only had civil rights for about 60 years. That 180 years number is misleading.
What a racist thing to say!

How dare you imply blacks only became worthwhile citizens by the act of privileged white men. How dare you throw away their countless contributions to society before white men decided to say they could have rights to shut them up.

You're bigotry can't get past me you evil racist fascist!
>>
>>79133841
>In the long run immigration and diversity are likely to have important cultural, economic, fiscal, and developmental benefits.

why is it likely?
what benefits, in particular?
does it say?
>>
>>79135194
This study is done by the guy in the video I linked: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVhxxjy-Uxw

Disproportionate amount of successful people are kids of immigrants.
Has a long-term positive effect economically and culturally.
>>
>>79135643
successful immigrants in the us were jews, asians, and indians

not braindead niggers. big difference
>>
File: Paris.jpg (412 KB, 1500x700) Image search: [Google]
Paris.jpg
412 KB, 1500x700
>>79132986
>Plenty of studies.

Ah, sociology. Among the hardest and most respected forms of science.

Gee guys, OP is right. With insight that hip, fresh and dope, I'll say it, #Imwithher guys.

And just look, its so good for economy. So 3rd world me OP, for economy.
>>
>>79132986
>Are there really people here who still believe that diversity isn't a good thing?

I hate diversity when it's all in my country. Several diverse countries coexisting next to each other and not cohabiting the same space is a nice thing.
I have several reasons, but I want to point out one specific one:

It is a very high ideal for me that a common people march through history together, so that we can say today: we the Germans are the descendant of the people that lived here a hundred, five hundred or a thousand years ago. It was the same people that died here from the plague, suffered through the 30 years war or built the cities and cathedrals we still see here today.
If we let other tribes come in here and replace us - and that's what is happening - it would be a terrible betrayal to our people.
>>
>>79132986
>Strength lies in differences, not in similarities
But if you agree to stand together on a common value then it becomes a similarity.
Probably sounded smarter in their heads.

>If you immerse people in diverse societies they adapt
This is true, but the problematic groups aren't diverse ones and they're not going to relocate them anytime soon. You can't point at Beverly Hills and then tell someone that the Bronx is ok.
> In the long run immigration and diversity are likely to have important cultural, economic, fiscal, and developmental benefits.
Everything has benefits and costs. The problem is that society pretends the shortcomings of immigration don't exist or play them down disproportionately.
>>
>>79132986

Global diversity is only possible if different people stay separate.

A broth isn't diverse, its ingredients are.
>>
>>79132986
>in the long run immigration and diversity are likely to have important cultural, economic, fiscal and development benefits.

Economic and fiscal basically are the same

Cultural, highly dependent of which cultural benefits you mean, cuisine and fashion or religious oppression and fanatics...

Development benefits, mostly for the ones who have been developing as the rest of the world where they want to immigrate to.
>>
>>79132986
Define "diversity".
Are you talking about race? Because at best it's useless, and at worst leads to a completely violent breakdown of society.
Ideological diversity in a free society on the other hand is beneficial.
>>
Explain why malmö our most diverse city is a complete failure. Before immigration ot was highly successful and now it can only manage its budget because they get billions of handouts from the rest of sweden. Diversity is complete shit.
>>
File: westerncivilization.png (2 MB, 1484x752) Image search: [Google]
westerncivilization.png
2 MB, 1484x752
>>79136354
I made that picture better
>>
>>79138828
Haha, you have a biased view of history my germanic friend
The first german civilisation was born of emigrant germanics that were romanised and returned to germania as conquerers.
The idea of a german people, or a french people, or an english people is a great exaggeration
>>
File: 1456662450219.jpg (208 KB, 630x800) Image search: [Google]
1456662450219.jpg
208 KB, 630x800
>>79133225
women want more than one man to protect them
women immediatly rebel against men's laws created to protect society when given the chance
women enter government
marriage collapses
birth rates plummet
immigration skyrockets in reaction due to economic numbers
men who allowed women to take power are pushed aside
country spirals into cultural nose-dive of death due to fathers of indigenous culture abandoning ship, mothers being political figures rather than raisers of children, ethnicity being mixed to point of unrcecognition (history is easily re-wrote at this point)
ultimately society enters a state of collapse and after the majority death of a millenea or two the culture of a nation is "restructured". Nukes have totally fucked this process that was once tried and true for many centuries to complete oblivion. We are currently living in a wildcard of history, it is most likely humanity destroys itself which is the "happening".

Shit will probably get real soon, the betting point is whether it will be globalist or nationalist revolution. Again, communism and nazism will fight face to face because of the Jews, it will be horrific in comparison to WW2 however. buckle up brothers, we are in for a wild ride in our lifetimes.
>>
File: 1463453577013.png (463 KB, 1200x975) Image search: [Google]
1463453577013.png
463 KB, 1200x975
>>79140337
>ideological diversity
>beneficial
Yeah, that Islamic ideology is gonna be great for Western society.
>>
>>79140906
>The first german civilisation was born of emigrant germanics that were romanised and returned to germania as conquerers.

What do you mean with "first german civilisation"? I'm certainly not denying that Germany was enormously influenced by roman culture. Hermann the Cherusk (see below) for example was as a child taken away as a pledge for loyalty to the romans. He then made a military career in the Roman Empire and when he returned to his homeland he turned his back against Rome.
Also the catholic church and it's missionaries have influenced Germany hugely - the HRE was mostly German, after all.
Would I prefer Germany to be pagan today? Not sure.
But I will argue that the Germany of today has a connection to the germanic tribes of 2000 years ago. We even still erect fertility posts on the 1st of May, a remnant of our pagan past.
Also Christianity was remodelled to be easier adoptable by the hyperborean tribes (e.g. Christmas is near winter solstice).

>The idea of a german people, or a french people, or an english people is a great exaggeration

Why? The german tribes fought back in the Battle of the Teutoburg Forest (Hermannsschlacht) in 9 AD and that's probably why we (and you right now!) are speaking a germanic language and not a romanic one.
The english are of course a mixture of the authochtone people of the megalith cultures that predated the anglo-saxon settlement of Britain.
>>
File: race war.png (123 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
race war.png
123 KB, 480x360
>>
File: multiculturalism.jpg (39 KB, 550x247) Image search: [Google]
multiculturalism.jpg
39 KB, 550x247
>>
>>79133841
>But the study also concludes

>I ignored all my data and findings because I'm a leftist that

Name one successful black country. Or even black majority city in the US.
>>
File: scam.jpg (47 KB, 599x427) Image search: [Google]
scam.jpg
47 KB, 599x427
>>
>>79142233
You know what civilisation means right?
Its not culture or tribal peoples. Civilisation - cities, literature and statehood. German civilisation started with the Kingdom of Germany, the first reich
>>
>>79132986

Nothing more different than having different countries with isolated populations.
>>
>>79132986
Diversity of ideas and history is fine, allowing it to flourish naturally is great. Diversity forcefully imposed by leftist shitheads based on gender and race is retarded.
>>
>>79142581

Notice how they ignore age.
>>
>>79142581
Diversity of ideas =/ diversity of races. There has never been mass migration that ends well for a people. It all either triggers war, collapse, or just mongrelization and death of the people.
>>
File: diversity.png (15 KB, 278x214) Image search: [Google]
diversity.png
15 KB, 278x214
Diversity BTFO.
>>
File: 53963713_p47.jpg (18 KB, 317x275) Image search: [Google]
53963713_p47.jpg
18 KB, 317x275
>>79132986
>higher levels of tolerance is a result of more tolerant people choosing to live there.

No shit.
But what does this have to do with diversity?
>>
>>79133841
This assumes that people from other cultures will integrate with the ethics of the dominant culture
Something that has so far only happened with Asians
>>
>>79140608
it wur terrorists
>>
>>79132986
>"Strength lies in differences"
>All hands are brown

SO PROGRESSIVE !
>>
>>79143279

It looks like one of those serial killer notes.
>>
>>79132986
>a thumbnail
Don't slip in the bathtub.
>>
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 624x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 624x720
>>79141777
Trips
>>
File: 1466968188802.jpg (35 KB, 495x479) Image search: [Google]
1466968188802.jpg
35 KB, 495x479
>>79141777
>>
File: image.jpg (168 KB, 450x579) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
168 KB, 450x579
>>79132986
WOW SO IF I DUMP THIS RAW SEWAGE INTO MY MOLTEN IRON I'LL GET IMPERVIOUS METAL RIGHT?
Oh that didn't work
But if I add trace amounts of other metals and alloy it with calculated amounts I can get a steel that's much harder and more durable than raw iron.
It's still metal I'm adding though and its all about what you add in.
Likewise if you dump a bunch of spics or niggers in a place it collapses
But add some germans, some anglos, non-chinese asians, ect?
A nice multicultural society that stays strong for ages.
>>
File: die versity.jpg (58 KB, 373x373) Image search: [Google]
die versity.jpg
58 KB, 373x373
>>79143279

It's a ransom note.
>>
>>79142527
>Civilisation - cities, literature and statehood. German civilisation started with the Kingdom of Germany, the first reich

I think we can agree on that definition. And I would date the first german civilisations at around 5th or 6th century (ethnogenesis of Franconia and the first Merovingian kings for example).

However, in my OP that was not what I was argueing for. I was argueing that a ethnic/cultural entity marches through the times together (and eventually founds civilisations or dies out).

PS.:
off to work now. Feel free to answer, but thread will die before I return.
>>
>>79143941

Are they going to tell us what he actually is?

So we can check our answer?
>>
>>79132986
>South Africa included

The place where white women get their baby taped to their back and raped to death as the child gets raped afterward for being white?

Or the one where old cripples in wheelchairs get necklaced for being white?

Or the one with 90K white deaths and growing?
>>
>>79143032
it means that you don't get more tolerant if you live around pavement apes, but that the people that don't white flight can take more shit in the first place.

Causation
>>
>>79144136
A greasy looking paid actor probably
My guess on the original was if anything a Taxi driver
he doesnt look full hippy like a human rights activist but obviously isnt a doctor based on his unclean he keeps himself, and looks exhausted
so besides homeless which isn't on there next best is taxi I guess
don't have to even bring race into it but the left forces you to feel bad by piling on all of that extra shit.
>>
File: diversity training.gif (559 KB, 444x250) Image search: [Google]
diversity training.gif
559 KB, 444x250
Tolerance.
>>
>>79132986
>SoutH Africa

Actual SoutH African here - diversity was so great for our economy we have had 9 year recession and seen the collapse of all state run institutions

it has been so great for my community that I have had to literally flee the country and live amongst gooks

but please tell me more about how "tolerance" is the only variable worth measuring

>TDLR the study concludes that diversity is good for virtue signalling and nothing more
>>
>>79132986
>diversity is good

why?
>>
>>79132986
that quote only really conveys "people become complacent"
>>
>>79132986
First of all, you can have a diverse society consisting of the same people
Is Spain not diverse? They have the basques, the catalans, the castilians, and the galicians
This shit is just pushing superficial diversity, first of all
>>
>>79132986

I guess china is weak then and poses no threat because they don't have diversity.

Also, does that mean Russia is stronger then us because they have more diversity?
>>
File: 1466329180899.jpg (434 KB, 1176x2048) Image search: [Google]
1466329180899.jpg
434 KB, 1176x2048
> Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam -- famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement -- has found that the greater the diversity in a community, the fewer people vote and the less they volunteer, the less they give to charity and work on community projects. In the most diverse communities, neighbors trust one another about half as much as they do in the most homogenous settings. The study, the largest ever on civic engagement in America, found that virtually all measures of civic health are lower in more diverse settings.

> http://archive.boston.com/news/globe/ideas/articles/2007/08/05/the_downside_of_diversity/

I don't know why it's necessary to force this on so many people who clearly don't want it. True diversity is fostered by nationalism. What's going on now only creates division.
>>
That article implies that multiculturalism is good for the sole reason that it causes "tolerance" in the long run, which is a hilarious thing to think.

>>79133841
>New evidence from the US suggests that in ethnically diverse neighbourhoods residents of all races tend to ‘hunker down’. Trust (even of one's own race) is lower, altruism and community cooperation rarer, friends fewer
So right now multiculturalism is having damaging effects.

>In the long run immigration and diversity are
likely to have important cultural, economic, fiscal, and developmental benefits.
>Illustrations of becoming comfortable with diversity are drawn from the US military, religious institutions, and earlier waves of American immigration
The positive aspects that are claimed to happen soon are derived from past immigration from high IQ developed societies, that happened when there was no welfare state.
>>
>>79132986
what diversity europe only gets more islamic not more divers and this is a window into the future of the us if hilldog wins you illiterate moron. This is literally going on a continental scale you blind fool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0IMLvlpZFY
>>
File: 1450201728230.jpg (138 KB, 678x706) Image search: [Google]
1450201728230.jpg
138 KB, 678x706
>diversity might make people more depressed, less active, and less social
>but at least it makes them more able to tolerate diversity, like a slave will learn to tolerate slavery
How are there still people who unironically push for this?
Is the world so full of these mindless drones?
>>
File: 1361980412616.jpg (194 KB, 650x813) Image search: [Google]
1361980412616.jpg
194 KB, 650x813
>>79132986
Didn't work out too well for the Native Americans
>>
>>79132986
Everyone pushes diversity because it isn't natural. People are happier when they're among their own kind and culture. This is why many old US cities had sections of different ethnicities (Little Italy, Chinatown, etc.) People come together to trade goods and ideas, but when the day is over they went home with their families and neighbors of the same kind.
Multiculturalism shoves everyone into each other's faces to the point where no one is happy because of a constant culture clash. And you can't complain, you're just supposed to throw away your own culture so the ones that bitch the most can shove their culture down your throat.
Muslims, spics, and niggers are the worst offenders. They absolutely hate the local cultures and people of the places they move into, and they're only there to take advantage of the social safety nets of these places. They contribute absolutely nothing, and they demand everything.
And yes, I'm well aware niggers were originally imports, but they still invade and destroy communities. See: The "bad part of town" in every American city.
>>
Differences cannot sustain themselves without healthy segregation to maintain said differences.

Multiculturalism taken to the logical extreme over time will result in a single race of brown asians with poor genetic resilience.
>>
File: 1448659370162.jpg (77 KB, 547x388) Image search: [Google]
1448659370162.jpg
77 KB, 547x388
>>79144010

jokes on them I dont have a job
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.