[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should moon base be the next VP of the United States?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7
File: 453635.jpg (87 KB, 518x500) Image search: [Google]
453635.jpg
87 KB, 518x500
Should moon base be the next VP of the United States?
>>
File: iron-sky-movie-poster-trailer.jpg (362 KB, 1439x813) Image search: [Google]
iron-sky-movie-poster-trailer.jpg
362 KB, 1439x813
>>79120168
Aren't the nazis there already?
>>
File: 1459557295314.jpg (64 KB, 924x580) Image search: [Google]
1459557295314.jpg
64 KB, 924x580
>>79120168
Yes, he's fucking crazy but he knows things. He also is a great talker and knows how to get his point across and quick.
>>
No he is a establishment corrupt shill who will get trump assassinated
>>
>>79120482
That movie was so disappointing it was unreal. I didn't think it was possible to flub something with space Nazis in it that badly.
>>
File: IronSky_112Pyxurz.jpg (181 KB, 1600x1026) Image search: [Google]
IronSky_112Pyxurz.jpg
181 KB, 1600x1026
>>79120829
What pissed you off most about it?
>>
>>79120168
Fuck no.

This nigger would get Trump assassinated in a heart beat.
>>
>>79121158
The Sarah Palin president was overdone to the point of not being funny. The plot revolving around a cellphone was also retarded when all the promotional material promised me a schlocky Wolfenstein meets Independence Day action movie.
>>
>>79120168
No. Next NASA administrator please.

t. NASA contractor
>>
>>79120168
Kinda of off topic but:

What should we be focusing on in reards to space exploration? Should we focus on one thing or keep our eggs in a few differet baskets nd focusing on a few different things?

I find the whole thing fascinating but not sure where to go to really get an idea about it all.
>>
>>79122124
The Moon is a more worthwhile investment than Mars for the time being. We've hardly done enough space travel to be confident that nothing would go wrong on a multi-year journey and to the base after it was set up. Baby steps unfortunately. We can move on to the red planet later and eventually to that juicy asteroid belt.

Also interstellar travel is never going to happen.
>>
>>79122699
>The Moon is a more worthwhile investment than Mars for the time being.
Right, I have thought this.

It would be good 'research' etc.

>Also interstellar travel is never going to happen.
Why do you say that?
>>
>>79122124
Fly a mission to Europa to see if there's any life in the ocean under its ice surface
>>
>the future is now
Has /pol/ applied yet?
>>
>>79123015
It's possible in principle but I doubt that we'll ever be willing to put in the investment necessary to create interstellar ships capable of travelling for decades up to a millennium without anything at all going wrong. For really long journeys you'd even have multiple generations go by even if you use some kind of stasis. Humanity would have to be a lot more organized and authoritarian to make this work.

Our speed limit in space will always be limited to small fractions of the speed of light because having space dust impact your ship like nukes is an intractable problem and ftl is quackery.
>>
File: swimming pool.jpg (227 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
swimming pool.jpg
227 KB, 858x536
>>79123848
>Humanity would have to be a lot more organized and authoritarian to make this work.
Have you ever heard of China before?
>>
>>79124205
I still don't think humanity will ever be able to summon the willpower and intelligence necessary to pull it off. People underestimate how difficult space travel really is and this is part of a larger problem where people assume the universe was intelligently designed with scientists, engineers, and explorers in mind. It's a religion. We're eventually going to hit a wall on what things are possible within the lifespan of the human race.

But if anyone can pull it off I wouldn't be surprised if fascist space chinks are the future. Our space program would be much better too if we didn't waste our time on social justice and fomenting war in the middle east.
>>
>>79120168
No.

Trump should create a new branch of the military focused on outer space and consolidate NASA under this organization, with Newt as Lord-Admiral of Space.
>>
File: 1453959493889.png (241 KB, 441x421) Image search: [Google]
1453959493889.png
241 KB, 441x421
>>79120168

aieou

https://youtu.be/SnTludRdZDw
>>
>>79120168
No. Trump should pick Jim Webb for the most alpha ticket in history
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.