[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Go to college to get a good job, they said reality: >study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43
File: 27774161.jpg (99 KB, 908x714) Image search: [Google]
27774161.jpg
99 KB, 908x714
>Go to college to get a good job, they said

reality:

>study every fucking day
>stress every day
>trying to focus on my studies, if I slip and go on the internet I'm completely fucked
>stress of whether or not financial aid will help cost of living
>stress of achieving a high GPA

THIS FUCKING SUCKS ASS BRO. This literally isn't fun, I'd almost rather go to work at a manufacturing company than do all this college bullshit. FUCK I hate this dude
>>
>>79104756
>this literally isn't fun

Its not meant to be fun.

Only a nigger thinks you can better yourself without work

t. physics major
>>
>>79105292
I get this sense of unfulfillment as I'm studying for my Biology exam, that's going to occur in about an hour.

It's like...Fuck, all this fucking work....I almost feel like I could be content with a lesser job that pays $18 an hour. I really could.

I don't know, I also feel like I'm wasting my time and there's ways out there to get rich that I'm not taking advantage of
>>
>>79104756
Yes you have to study a lot if you want to do well. Get over it you can still enjoy life.

? Life is stressful away from mommies house. Enjoy

Go work on Library computers or something. Helped me focus more.

Be smart with any aid you get.

Back to point one, you are there to progress your life and make yourself marketable. Put the work in.

You can still go out on weekends and hang out with friends while having a good GPA. Just make a plan, set goals for yourself and dedicate these years to bettering your professional character.
>>
>>79105665
Whiney bitch. Study harder, work harder, stop feeling sorry for yourself. OR you could fail and be a NEET like every other male in our rapidly degenerating generation. Man the fuck up. You will never find a good lifelong job without this and you will forever regret quitting.
>>
>>79105665
If you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed about a test an hour prior to it, then that means you didn't study hard enough. Start studying for the next exam as soon as the previous one stops. I am not joking.

Cramming that shit a night before won't work. Works in high school maybe.
>>
>>79104756
Wrong attitude
>>
>>79105665
Fuc I love having photographic memory don't even need to study just watch lecture slides and I can recall any slide from memory for any exam.

HD pretty much anything with like 30% attendance. feels good f am
>>
>>79104756
Schedule is everything, and brakes are essential. Just remember to make the brakes short and many.
20 min studying and 5 min breaks works best for me.
>>
Life was never meant to be fun or enjoyable. Now, if only you kids could stop spoiling girls that may or may not suck your dick.
>>
Don't worry OP. You won't find a job after college anyway. Your non-white non-male peers will though
>>
File: youcantbeserious.jpg (5 KB, 207x243) Image search: [Google]
youcantbeserious.jpg
5 KB, 207x243
>>79104756
>you fell for the college meem

enjoy your debt and worthless piece of paper chump. you know despite what everyone is shoving down your throat, trade school is not a bad deal and you end up making the same after you factor in taxes in debts as the college man.

you could also join the military and reap those benefits, but college is literally the worst career choice besides dead end jobs unless you want to do something highly specialized.

get fucked
>>
test
>>
>Succeeding should always be fun
If your main complaint is that it isn't fun, why be there? Go squander your measly life on the pursuit of pleasure. Let your bastard children worry about generating prosperity.
>>
>>79104756
HERE'S THE MESSAGE GOYIM:

THINKING, DOING COLLEGE WORK, IT'S ALL TOO DIFFICULT. GIVE INTO DEGENERACY, AND STOP THINKING ABOUT ADVANCING YOURSELF.
>>
>>79104756

>He fell for the college meme

Kek
>>
School isn't supposed to be for fun or for a job you dingus. It's supposed to be for learning. You literally have to take something you are interested in learning in. If you aren't interested in learning anything, get the fuck out. The only thing that will help you get a job is experience, not a diploma.

How can you be so stupid and buy the "school is for jobs" meme? It was obvious even when I was going through university so I switched from my major in Business and I took Geology instead. I work at a bank now, but my Geology learning experience was great and it's something I can always utilize in the future.
>>
>>79105665
Society doesn't care about how people feel or how fulfilled they are. Ideally people find jobs that make them feel fulfilled because they are motivated to work and content to continue doing so. However it stands to reason that failing to find a job or a career that fulfills you is the biggest regret many people have on their death beds. Do not waste your young life to satisfy random people who don't care about you, when you could spend a bit more time discovering what actualizes you. Are you a cog in a machine?

t. Angel
>>
>>79106993
>1 post by this ID
Gas the kikes. Race war now.
>>
>>79104756
Just wait until the part where you graduate and there are no jobs and you're exactly where you were before college only also in debt.

College is a fucking scam.
>>
>>79104756
Trust me if you manage to finish your degree and get a professional job that aligns with your interests, it will be much more rewarding than working a manufacturing job. I've done both... Not jealous of the added financial stress you Americucks have to deal with though
t. Environmental Science Masters & BSc (Geology)
>>
>>79104756
>college is the best years of your life
Aha hahaha hehehe...
No seriously fuck college
>>
>>79107431
>>79107433
>>
>>79107492
>>
File: 17.png (17 KB, 300x396) Image search: [Google]
17.png
17 KB, 300x396
>>79107366
>t. Angel
>>
>>79107431

This is what believe. You shouldn't make education a business yet they still do. Fuck that bullshit I agree with the other anon too just fuckin do trade school or find a dank ass niche that makes you skrill nigga fuck all these nerds.
>>
>>79107549
Calm your autism faggot
>>
>>79104756
>BRO
>dude
fag
>>
>>79107803
>>
File: 32959119.png (129 KB, 365x357) Image search: [Google]
32959119.png
129 KB, 365x357
OP here

I'm going to college to become an RN. There are jobs out the ass for this position..The unemployment rate is like so comically low, you get your degree and you have a job.

I think it's just the fact that I took a long break after high school to start college (I'm 26), and it's a bit tough to get back into the swing of things (second week of college now).

Yeah, I'll eventually re-learn the best studying habits, and how to communicate with the instructors to help with studying, etc. etc.

I guess I got stressed, I'd still rather have a high paying secured job.
>>
>>79107803
>>
>>79104756
When you were a baby, you took your first step.
As far as steps go, it was a shitty step, and it took you nowhere special. You just went a couple inches forward and you probably fell on your shitty diaper again. By itself, it was worthless.

but that's the thing with first steps. There's no second step without them. Or third. Or any other step at all.
>>
>>79108068
You are literally the first person to bite on my meme. I love you, spread the word.
>>
>>79106696
He me too. Aced almost every test without studying. Only if I miss a day at school or just don't pay any attention at all
>>
File: 1464303801056.png (292 KB, 891x627) Image search: [Google]
1464303801056.png
292 KB, 891x627
>tfw ballin outa control from my internship monies

If you ain't participating in an Internship over the summer you might as well off yourself. You obviously chose to pursue a degree in something useless.

t.someone making $27 an hour
>>
>>79108071
Yeah you're right.

And as for as exams go, next time I'll straight up get detailed answers on what's going to be on the fucking exam, instead of just saying 'okie dokie' when the instructor tells us the chapters to study. Shit like that, grabbing the bull by the horns. Grown folk shit, and it'll make it easier
>>
>>79104756
>take three year electrical class in HS
>get certificate and intern for two years
>get a job and make 70k a year
>tfw no debt
>tfw no liberal reeducation camp

Feels good man.
>>
>>79108048
Then why come and bitch about it on a political board? Get your shit together.
>>
File: 1269469439195.jpg (18 KB, 367x451) Image search: [Google]
1269469439195.jpg
18 KB, 367x451
>>79107431
>>79107150
>majoring in anything but STEM
>as a male

It's like you want to be poor, in debt, and never financially secure for the rest of your life.
>>
>>79104756
>I'm an over worked over stressed college student
Try holding a full time job, working your ass off every single day to pay for the mortgage, the car, the cell phones, the utilities, the internet, the cable, the food, the welfare niggers live on, and the College education your shitty kids will need not to follow in your foot steps and have a better life.

And then what do you get? You get one fucking day out of the year, you get fathers day. You go out to dinner or maybe get a shitty gift with a card that is cliche as fuck.

And then after balancing all that, paying your bills on time, working yourself in to an early grave, and paying for lazy fucks to do nothing all day. Your shitty kid is sitting in some college class whining about how hard college is because it isn't fun. Never he only calls you once a week, never mind you still pay for half of his shit, never mind that he has never once in his ungrateful life said "Dad, thank you for everything you've done for me." Never mind the fact that right now he squanders the education you have worked to provide for him by posting this stupid crybaby thread that no one gives a fuck about.

We all have our own lives to give a shit about, most of us have real jobs. We don't come here to listen to how hard it is to go to school every other day for 6 hours a day, or how the only actually minutely difficult part of your school life is passing the finals that you didn't fucking pay attention to all year until it was to late.

We come to this Roman Toe Wrestling board to talk about how much we hate the world we live in because we can't fix it. But you're part of the problem.

>No one gives a shit, your life isn't hard.
>>
>>79106993
>>79107150
>>79107340
>>79107345
>>79107431
I had a job lined up a month before graduation. What now?
>>
>>79107683
Even I do not understand why anybody would role-play as a celestial body whose only function is to suck.
>>
File: pepe-the-frog-meme.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
pepe-the-frog-meme.png
48 KB, 500x282
>wagecucks
>>
> retarded spoiled first worlder cry baby crying on the internet because he has a chance to study
I'm literally thinking about suicide every fucking day since I got kicked out of my uni because I'm poor as shit and my loan got rejected
so man the fuck up you literal nigger
>>
>>79108048
I am going to be a 22 year old freshman in college this fall

Is shit gonna be awkward? I don't understand people 3-5 years my junior. I've basically been holed up in my room since 18 and I have no social media.

I pass for a 17 year old though appearance wise
>>
File: image.jpg (162 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
162 KB, 800x600
>>79104756
Cry me a river.

Here's your free college, fucboi.
>>
>>79108815
Are you ready to gas the kikes and incite a race war? I don't think you're quite there.
>>
File: 1.png (15 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
1.png
15 KB, 300x298
>>79108831
For these people, it seems to be the most extreme case of unwarranted self-importance that can be found.
>>
>>79108980
This. If OP thinks this shit is hard maybe he should go fight a war. Man him up quick.
>>
>>79104756
Just go military and try to become SF or SO its cooler, funner, and badder ased. College is useless and a waste of time. Brb chasing cheese like a rat.
>>
File: isthisguyFUCKINGserious.png (148 KB, 330x256) Image search: [Google]
isthisguyFUCKINGserious.png
148 KB, 330x256
>>79108830
>>79108797
>mfw i work for the army and i get paid 6 figures, get a housing pension, super cheap insurance, retirement pension for life, discounts everywhere, free college education if i want to

>mfw all i had to was contribute to the biggest military in the world and stay in shape

Also,

>>79108830

Enjoy that student loan that's going to haunt you for the rest of your life, and being fucked when that job pinkslips you.
>>
>>79108815
This isn't your blog you big baby bitch.
>>
>>79104756
maybe if you were smart you wouldn't have to worry as much.
sucks to be you
>>
>>79109040
I don't get the joke. Please explain it to me
>>
File: image.jpg (223 KB, 3556x1881) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
223 KB, 3556x1881
Yes yes go to college, find a job you hate, get a wife that disappoints you more and more every day, have children that will grow up hating that human being that inseminated their mother but most of all pay taxes to keep the NEET masterrace alive and well. After all WE are the ones that bring innovation and spice into the road to your grave you're not even ashamed to call life.
>>
>Wahhhhhh I hate learning about cool shit because I'd rather do something fun like play video games all day.
Go fuck yourself, OP.
>>
File: 1322460933861.jpg (134 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1322460933861.jpg
134 KB, 413x395
>>79108324
>mfw have bought new phone, new shoes, sunglasses, shirts, shorts, pants, iron and ironing board, books from my engineering internship

it's like christmas every friday
>>
>>79108971
My roommate was a 21 year old my freshman year and got our floor alcohol regularly. Theres no excuse for you to socialize faggot.
>>
>>79109262
Judging by OP's post it is a blog
>>
>>79108313
Same here. Could just read whole study book at night and go take exam on the subject I never attended in the morning. Got so lazy once I did not even buy a book, just took it from someone during exam waiting my turn and memorized it in 2 hours.
>>
>>79109285
I'm disseminating a meme that calls for the death of all kikes, and an ensuing race war. You can spread this meme if you wish.
>>
>>79104756
I personally feel like college could have prepared me more, hands on wise to help my confidence and shit in my own abilities and things. Instead most of it even in higher levels were lecture here, essay paper there, test here, not a whole ton of actual computer using considering I was an IT student. Basically stuck not knowing where to go from here or what I would really be good enough for the job market that they would really want me.
>>
>>79109242
Nice, my brother-in-law did that, he's actually leaving the USAF because they keep moving him around and want him to work in Ohio. Best of luck.
>>
>>79109314
>>
File: 1336663144115.jpg (16 KB, 225x241) Image search: [Google]
1336663144115.jpg
16 KB, 225x241
>bought into the technical school meme
>global economy is going a backflip as i try to find a job
>>
>>79109372
I will not be buying anyone booze
Or even buying booze in general, as I don't drink
>>
>>79109411
>muh bills muh work muh kids an sheeit!

No one forced you to assume that much responsibility. That's your own fucking fault.
>>
>>79108048
>I'm going to college to become an RN. There are jobs out the ass for this position..The unemployment rate is like so comically low, you get your degree and you have a job.
That's what they tell you, but there are no guarantees.

I have a masters in geophysics, when I decided to do this there were jobs out the ass, just graduate and you're hired, etc. Guess what? Didn't work out that way.

Play there a millions of people in school to be RNs, that shit is about to be (if not already) over crowded.
>>
>>79104756
Hahaha you fell for the liberal indoctrination meme

I dropped out after a single semester and started my own business years ago. 23 and I work when I feel like it. Ya dun goofed
>>
>>79109530
You're ruining the perfect opportunity my friend
>>
>>79108797
I have a masters in geophysics you autistic faggot.

STEM is a meme.
>>
>>79109223
Meh, college got me into medical school. Medical school has been like undergrad on fucking crack, studied maybe 20 hours a week in undergrad, studying 80 hours a week now.

But in five years, I'll be free and pulling a decent 6 figure income. College is worth it IF you go into a good field.
>>
File: dan the frog.jpg (46 KB, 426x511) Image search: [Google]
dan the frog.jpg
46 KB, 426x511
>>79109504
wagecucks are gonna pay for the gas bill anyway
>>
>>79109591
There are RN jobs available but what OP is not going to want to hear is a lot of them are in bumfuck nowhere at some shitty hospital hours from an interesting city.

Have fun OP
>>
>>79109530
Good luck, literally everybody drinks undergrad
>>
>>79109506
That only applies because you live in Canada.
>>
>>79109424
Fuck are you me? In my undergrad years I would just microdose LSD before an exam and memorize the book. Best thing I ever discovered.
>>
>>79109424
An honest Russian
>>
>>79109676
I have a masters in autism you geophysical faggot.

Geology is a mem.
>>
>>79109676
>geophysics
>>
>>79109653
I hate normies so much.
>DUDE JUST COMMIT A CRIME LOL *HITS BONG* WHO CARES DOOOOOD DONT YOU WANT TO BE COOL * DRUNK DRIVES* LOL BRO YOU NEED TO RELAXXXX
>>
>>79104756
Fuck you. All you faggot college kids complaining about "muh studies are so hard".

Work 16 hours on the fucking line then come talk to me. Fuck your school and your gay ass homework. Pussy.
>>
File: 1466635806217.png (103 KB, 332x350) Image search: [Google]
1466635806217.png
103 KB, 332x350
College is the easiest and best part of life.

Grow a pair
>>
>didnt go to college
>have nice job where I dont have to do anything
>friends with masters make less than me
>>
>>79109805
>geology

There is a massive difference between geophysics and geology.
>>
>>79109591
This is how I feel about engineering. For the number of students studying it, are there enough jobs in the market to meet the supply of potential engineers? Its one thing to get employed, but what about finding employment in the first place?
>>
>>79104756
The median wage for a geothermal engineer in greenland is 600k.
:))))))
>>
>>79109891
>>
>>79109961
Even more so a BA in Geology...essentially 8th grade Geoscience
>>
>>79109760
I'll drink at a party if its BYOB and absolutely fucking necessary but I'm mostly interested in not flunking like literally every single friend and relative of mine has their freshman year
>>
>>79108797
>wanting the justice system to be filled with purely female lawyers

fuck off m8
>>
>>79104756
>financial aid will help cost of living

There's your and every other college idiot fuck's problem.
>>
>>79109847
You're a fucking nerd lol. That shit happens all the time in university.

>normie REEEEEEEE leave me to my video games and anime you loser normal person REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>79109676
Do you know what STEM stands for?
>>
>>79109961
Did I say that I have a masters in anything except for autism? Jeez, man, are you TRYING to look dumb?
>>
Are you a freshman OP? I had the same mindset, and made some really huge mistakes that set me back.

I wizened up by the time sophomore year started though, and I did great throughout the rest of my time at college. College isn't supposed to be a fun, party all the time place. You have to learn this. Every kid who I met who treated it as such were gone their first year, at the latest their second. It's fucking school dude, treat it like a job. Put in the time and work and you'll get something good afterwards. Stop stressing.
>>
>>79108815
>having kids

There's your problem
>>
>>79109104
I hope that beautiful angle is a 90 degree angle-kin not one of those horrible 45 degree angle-kin.
>>
>>79104756
Actually, being a trade job worker, like an electrician or plumber, is way better than being a collegefag. You get wages that are comparable to collegefags with way less effort, way fewer years studying. The only reason you should go to college is if you're actually motivated to create something new and great ie. you shouldn't go.
>>
>>79110156
>don't want to commit a crime and potentially get in trouble? LOL fag
Wake me up inside (can't wake up)
>>
>>79110059
Your first semester is always the hardest and you have this mentality. Then, things get better, you get better at managing time and studying techniques and then you feel more comfortable doing shit like partying without worrying about flunking.
>>
>>79104756

As someone who used to be poor, I can assure you the stress of Not Having Any Money far outweighs the stress of studying.
>>
>>79110305
Have fun jerking it to cartoons faggot
>>
>>79105665
The reason you're feeling like you're wasting your time is because you are.
>>
>>79104756
College is not for everyone. A lot of people waste a lot of money.

Do any of the skilled trades appeal to you?
>>
>>79110440
>>
>>79110309
Yeah I figured as much

I've been out if an academic setting for 4 years and I need to maintain a 3.0+ to potentially get an internship next summer

My only question initially was just what another older freshman's experience was in college anyway
>>
>this literally isn't fun

lmao my dude, step it up and go slap whoever taught you that you had to be having fun at every point in your life or something is vitally wrong
>>
>>79110600
>>79110309 is right. No matter what you take the first semester will be the hardest because you'll have to get acclimated.

Don't be afraid of a drink and some company if you have your shit together though.
>>
>>79110600
I bombed my first semester and still finish with a good GPA. You really end up getting your shit together once you learn that this shit is harder than high school and you actually have to spend a lot of hours studying.

The key is learning that after the first semester preferably.
>>
>>79104756
Work is much more stressful. Just enjoy school.
>>
>>79110511
not OP but I really am unsure if college was a giant mistake or not for me or it was just that I should've assumed stuff wouldn't be as hands on as I thought?
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 442x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 442x600
>>79110305
"Hey anon, wanna share this bottle of vodka with me?"
"N-n-no, I think- I mean I g-gotta go somewhere..."
>>
>>79110912
Are you currently in college and caught off guard? Recently graduated and not what you expected?

I think a lot of the initial courses you take are just general bullshit a lot of people have to take. Depending on the major, you get more hands on and interactive stuff later on.
>>
>>79110968
>>
>>79110968
where the hell do people find hot, promiscuous, yet friendly girls like this or is it all just a meme
>>
File: 1453769865757.jpg (90 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
1453769865757.jpg
90 KB, 800x533
>>79108971

JOIN A FRAT!!!

They get mad pussy.

You'll be a freshman that'll be able to buy alcohol.

Also, get your hands on Concerta,
live in the library
kiss your professors ass
Learn to study effectively (youtube videos will help you learn how to learn)
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 398x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 398x500
>>79108980
Lol my ID is Wardeo
>>
Unless you have a job lined up for you before even starting college, then don't even bother.
>it's 2016
>he doesn't realize that it's all about who you know not what you know.
>>
>>79111034
Graduated 5 years ago. The thing is that even in the later courses plenty of times it still wasn't like it still relied on the same ol exams and lectures. I mean there was "some" but I never was able to feel confident in myself or what kind of direction I should go. Maybe it was my fault.
>>
>>79111143
At parties bro. I mean they don't look exactly like that pic wearing that shit and ready to get plowed, but there were some really easy women at uni.
>>
>>79109701

Wouldn't Dental school have been better?

What was your undergrad in?

How's the pussy game in med school lol?
>>
Holy you're a fucking brainlet.
>needing to study
>needing to attend classes
>not having a scholarship
If you don't immediately understand something from first glance you should kill yourself.
>>
File: 1453092021110.jpg (21 KB, 248x189) Image search: [Google]
1453092021110.jpg
21 KB, 248x189
>>79109506
>Tech school guy uploading a furry is furious about the job market

HAHAHA nobody want's your pussy limp-wristed ass on their job-site and I can't say I blame them. Cut your hair and act like you can lift a hammer you fuckin dweeb.
>>
Working is a lot more stressful than university, and I went to a serious academic university and studied mathematics. I look at my university days the way that I looked at my grade school days when I was high school. If you keep up with classes (2-4 hours a day, tops), basically, university is a joke.
>>
>>79111143
College is about learning, and the most important skills to learn is socializing. You literally get jobs through references and fraternity experience.
>>
File: McNamara Building.jpg (239 KB, 904x1085) Image search: [Google]
McNamara Building.jpg
239 KB, 904x1085
>is a slave to the current system
what's the point of all this? we won't ever build spaceships for fucks sake

the only reason one keeps studying is the possibility of making more money so that you can consume the earth, basically dig your grave

though some of you are motivated by social norms

some by your primitive need to have children

you keep having these stresses and disappointments throughout your entire life

you kind of go through this refinery where the reality you live in seems the true one

but the truth is that none of you are safe, not even if you had a job that paid well, because the world is just the same as 5 000 years ago, people were the same then

this is not how humanity should be, all the technology seems like some sort of an accident

you probably feel like there's someone over you, guarding you, like the law system

which is absolutely not true, mere illusion

you must not be dependent of the society if you wish to see what it has become
>>
>>79111238
Think it depends on the major but a lot of it is examinations sure. We had a lot of projects to do and even had to run some real life events. The planning behind those were annoying as fuck

>>79111198
This guy is right to an extent. One of the more important things of university is making connections. Yes other students may look at you in a worse fashion, but sucking professors' assess and networking is important. Get those internships lined up man.
>>
File: image.png (143 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
image.png
143 KB, 501x585
>>79104756
>Going into debt to get indoctrinationed by modern "education"
Good goyim, now just stay the course vote for the communist jew that says he will fix your student debt so you can get more "education"
>>
>>79111250
>>79111405
I joined the marching band/a music fraternity. The women are fewer (since the males are nerdier) and they tend to be more good, smart girls. I have two years left though, what do I need to do to find the easy girls?
>>
>>79111465
Yes the connections thing is def something I totally failed on because I'm an anxious loser. I didn't really make a group of friends I just tried being friendly with whoever whenever at times, but not a whole lot of being out there times.
>>
>>79104756
Join the military. Way less stressful plus you get your school payed for.
>>
>>79104756
Tbh drop out and work in manufacturing. The economy would love more people to do that.
>>
>>79111447
>what's the point of all this? we won't ever build spaceships for fucks sake

can i please get a trigger warning on shit like this

heinlein fukken wept
>>
>>79111784
Yeah man I always made it a thing to go talk to my professors and try and make connections that I could utilize post-graduation.

>>79111689
You'll find better parties at those frat houses and shit off campus but you can probably still find some decent ones that aren't in those.

I always thought the band kids were horny as bunnies?
>>
>>79108797
Some of us actually go to college to learn something we enjoy
>>
Is it worth goign to college just to teach English overseas? I know that the pay is pretty good depending on what country you go to, plus can you get a TEFL going to college?
>>
>>79111689
Idk nigger Im a first year. I have like 3-4 friends who are in a frat but I dont do greek life cuz most brothers rather would have a white pledge and Im not white. Just find small groups of girls in parties, go up to them with a friend, and chat.
>>
>quit community college after 2 years
>became neet for 2 years
>get job at burrito place for a year
>friend gets me hired at his office job
>my entire department cut after 3 months
>can't find job for 8 months
>hired as cashier at ice cream shop at 25
>bosses are 16 and 17
>>
>>79109530
Lol nigga you a fucking Melvin ass bitch
>>
>>79112213
cringe
>>
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 300x300
>>79112213
what did he mean by this
>>
>>79112013
Well I would talk to them sometimes if I needed help for something but I guess I was and still am always feeling never good enough. Like I never even applied for internships because they would always want "3.0" gpa people and mine was always average because I would get grades all over the place. Like feeling like they wouldn't want me anyway.
>>
>>79110178
Yeah it stands for look at the context of the post you shitposting aussie faggot.
>>
>>79112122
>bosses are 16 and 17
Bullshit.
>>
>>79110968
>bottle of vodka
She's holding a bottle of tequila and a bottle of rum.
>>
>>79112013
Need to find out how to make friends with fratbros then. Their parties are usually exclusive.

High school and college marching bands, no. Drum corps, YES. They spend the entire summer with each other and it's all 21 and under. I've heard they fuck on the buses.
>>
>>79112412
Good, now tell me how geophysics isn't science.
>>
>>79112395
If you have that mentality when applying for jobs in the real world you will be waiting a long ass time. Just keep applying to them. You may get rejected by almost all of them, but all it takes is 1 to get in.

About the GPA thing, that is where knowing your professors and having good references can sway them a bit.

>>79112579
Yeah you need to know someone to get into those but there should be a few chads in your classes you could try and get acquainted with. Bring something unique to the table in that friendship and they will probably be cool with you.

Damn man well you need to unlock the sexual desire within those whores. Are you fit or attractive for them?
>>
>>79111689
>>79111784
>>79111799
>>79111817
>>
>>79113152
The autism is strong in this one
>>
>>79113152
Your meme is retarded

>inb4 you say "Gas the kikes. Race war now" to this post
>>
>>79112634
It is you faggot that's the point.

Do I really have to spell this whole thing out for you, you autistic fuck?
>>
>>79113267
>>79113318
>>
>>79104756
>a high GPA will get you a job
This is why so many people end up hating university, and spend all of their time studying.
Most employers will prefer internships, experience, good references, and leadership roles over high grades. I graduated with a 3.3GPA (granted, my major was mathematics), but got a job immediately after graduation because of my involvement on student council, charity work, and some related experience from a summer job.
>>
>>79107150
>loans
>not playing for your degree entirely on scholarships, grants and tuition reimbursement from your internships
kek
>>
>>79113514
>nepotism
>>
Mis degree
2.47 GPA
$80k/year

You're doing it wrong
>>
>>79113659
>nepotism
4.0 GPA, faggot. Get good.
>>
>>79113152
I'm actually not jewish, nor do I follow any religion.
>>
>>79113721
>4.0
>in an institution that brazenly calls for the destruction of the white male

>>
>>79113756
Oh. Well you still need to hang.
>>
>>79105665
If you have a splendid drooling boypucci and you instead spend time with the archaic greek gentleman's old mathematics, then you deserve unemployment when the next loser who's slightly quicker takes your job
>>
>>79113848
>implying there are actually any women or SJWs in the CompSci department
They try, but I discuss AR builds and /pol/itics with my classmates and professors.
>>
>>79112818
Yeah I really fucked up on the social front. But on the plus I've improved with real world I did interviews and stuff before (though job coach was also with me)so I have a bit more comfort when it comes to that that I can do it on my own. But yeah confidence is a hard thing for me.
>>
>>79113848
>white
This term is as retarded as racist, quit using it
>>
>>79113341
You're bragging about being in a meme major?
>>
>>79114010
>>
>>79113989
Good job man. As long as you are improving when you can you can't be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>79113939
You don't understand my implication. That is why you need to be gassed.
>>
>>79112818
I'll try it. I'm usually quiet and reserved in class, I need to be more social.

I doubt band girls are more sexual than your average girl. Sororities are where that's at.
>>
>>79114176
You ever go out to the bars at campus? Can find some people there too.

My university had 1 whole street that had a ton of bars and shit on it. You could always find some interesting people late in the night out there.
>>
>>79114156
>implying a computer science department discriminates against white males
>implying I'm not a cis-gendered white male Republican voter that wears a Trump hat and carries
If you can't succeed despite adversity, you should neck yourself, kike psyop agent.
>>
>>79112019
do your first 2 years at community college and go to the cheapest state university you can find
>>
Instructions:
>write a book
>get it published
>profit
No college after that.
>>
>>79109430
Memes are for fags
>>
File: 1417203504986.jpg (137 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1417203504986.jpg
137 KB, 480x360
College is absolute horseshit, no matter where in the world you live. College only makes sense if you somehow combine it with related work. Nobody in the world will hire you, if you don't have work experience. My brother made his engineering degree and can't find work for shit since two years. Not because he has bad degrees but because he hasn't worked a day in his life. Meanwhile I decided to not go to college and rather do a industrial mechanic apprenticeship.

I've done my technician degree just recently and there just is so much fucking work in the Industry and absolutely zero competition for me. I've had so many job interviews that I could easily decide between 10 or 15 different companies. I'm 25 and I already earn 40k a year, which is more than I can even spend (barley any expensive hobbies) and I still have so much further professional development ahead of me. I also barely do anything at work. About 80% of the day I'm just chilling on standby and browse /pol/ on my phone.

>tfw didn't fell for the college meme
>>
>>79114346
>implying I'm the psyop agent, despite me not mentioning psyops

>>79114388
Meme magic is real. You'd appreciate that if you were actually a 4chan regular.

>>
>>79114375

the publishing industry is run by jews.
you won't get published and you won't get reviewed and you won't get promoted unless you are one of them.
>>
>>79114539
You're meddling with affairs beyond your understanding, goy.
>>
>>79114358
this ya fuck
>>
>>79106119
well put
>>
>>79114510
I didn't read all of this retarded blog shit, but I agree with the general sentiment.
>>
>>79114584
Then write a book on how fantstic Israel is.
>>
>>79114310
Mine has two. I need a friend who's into that to go with. My friends are nerds because band, I'm usually the only one who wants to go.
>>
>>79105665
> bio
> thinks 18 an hour will be lesser

Hope you're going to med school or PA school
>>
>>79114589
Kill me now, Jew. I will continue to use my worthless life to expose you.
>>
>>79114510
Ontop of that you actually get vacation time and health insurance and other benefits. In America employers treat us like such shit.
>>
>>79114780
That is not the way written in the Talmud. Your downfall will be slow and painful.
>>
>>79114731
If youre decent youll be fine. Everyone wants to fuck.
>>
>>79114731
Pregame before you go and you and your friend you go with will be brimming with confidence. It should not be all that difficult to convince a friend to go with you.
>>
>>79114777
... or OT school, or PT school, or NP school, Podiatry, Dentistry....
>>
>study every day
>feel stressed

Doesn't add up.
>>
>>79114859
I suspect you're a teenage troll, so this is my last response. You Jews will burn in decades' time.
>>
>>79114139
Yeah but I'm almost 30 now, I always in the back of my mind feel like I should've been further along and that I fucked up.
>>
>>79115074
We always come back.
>>
>>79104756
>do a double-major and double-minor
>read like 500 pages of text a week
>study things on my own outside of that and do test prep with no problem
>work on self-improvement daily (drawing ability, ambidexterity, piano, whatever other skills I want to acquire) with no problem
>able to set aside 40 minutes to listen to an album most days
>have to be in class at 9 AM most days, still don't miss breakfast because I tangibly get dumber without it
>still find time to hike, even when working my ass off, because it's necessary to decompress
>smoke pot pretty much every day
>able to go on 4chan for 15-30 minutes every morning while I wake up and smoke a cig outside
>able to watch 11-22 minutes of cartoons every night before bed
>straight A's or A's with 1-2 B pluses every time

It's not that hard, dude. Just manage your time wisely and life is always on easy mode.

>>79104756
>Go work on Library computers or something
This is a solid tip. If you're always fucking around on your own computer, it might not put you in the headspace to work.

Also, network and abuse every last bit of help that your career advisor/counselor is willing to give.
>>
>>79115077
30s is the peak of men's lives. Sure university is a great time too, but you still have time to do great things.

Women start spoiling by that time though lel
>>
>>79114899
>>79114900
Will try it bros, thanks.
>>
>>79111268
>So insecure that even on an anonymous imageboard he makes sure to add in a "lol"
>>
I've lost drive for my engineering degree, it's just a slog now. I don't know what the fuck I'm gonna do afterwards.
>>
>>79115215
Honestly you could just go alone as long as you are buzzed I am sure you can make something happen. Having a sidekick is good too though.
>>
>>79104756
Just wait for the real world. Failure is not an option. Your life depends on you continuing your shit job, which gets more and more stressful and demanding with each passing year. You can rest when you're dead (not long after you retire, if ever, and get put in a home with ahlzheimers). Do you play they game or just eat lead now?
>>
>>79105665
>I could be content with a lesser job that pays $18 an hour.
I need that fucking job
>>
>>79115214
Still I guess it's socitial pressure in a way to make me think that I was supposed to be one thing but I'm not.
>>
>>79114825
Yeah you guys are actually pretty fucked in that regard. Hell, the 3.5 years that took me for my apprenticeship were definitely the comfiest years in my life. You also barely pay any taxes and in my specific field you already earn 900 bucks a month, even in the first year of your schooling.
>>
>>79115507
Bonus level:
>tfw reincarnation is real
>tfw not even the dead know peace
>>
>>79115566
Society is a bunch of ass man. I wish I could get away from the bullshit. Moving to somewhere like a village in Iceland, Labrador Canada or Nuuk would be comfy. Get away from all the shit of life.

Immigration is a pain in the ass though so I'm stuck here.
>>
>>79105665
just go and flip burgers, i will do the same
>>
File: anger.jpg (252 KB, 751x601) Image search: [Google]
anger.jpg
252 KB, 751x601
>>79108815
You're fucking retarded. Most people who hate college/university don't hate it because it's hard, it's because it's MUNDANE and MONOTONOUS.

Ask the vast majority of people and they would more than likely side with the active and engaging labor job/career (as in trade) vs. boring and monotonous book studies in "academia".

You have to be a special type of intelligent to truly appreciate, contribute and actively engage in academia, but we've got this whole fucked up system of bringing in people who shouldn't be in the academic system in the first place by the truckload, and then you go on and bitch on some supposed moral high ground like they haven't a leg to stand on either? Give me a fucking break.

It's exactly because of people like you who somehow believe that a "higher education" though "academic institutional learning" is the absolute method of guaranteeing a prospective future. Well guess what buddy? You and millions of other parent's who naively bought into the whole University meme are in fact the real problem, by flooding the academic institutions with your "special snowflake" children, and now we have this mess where everybody is special, therefore nobody is special.

Fuck you.
>>
>>79115297
spend some time at the humanities department and watch the work ethic of those people and decide if you want to be like that aka the people that struggle to write one essay over course of a week
>>
>>79115321
Probably could but I feel like it'd get weird if nothing clicked. Thinking about trying it out at a bar near me in my hometown.
>>
>>79104756
College is the easiest time of life

If you're stressed by it you literally have no hope beyond NEEThood
>>
>>79114076
Go back to my first post that you replied to you fucking moron.
>>
Speaking as a millionaire NEET, you're all retards. The globalists will suck your life-force out if you want to survive. You have no safe harbor. The (((globalists))) are going to suck your life force if you can't eschew yourself from the system.

Have fun with that, wagecucks.
>>
>>79115923
>I'm in a STEM major
>STEM is a meme

so you're in a meme
>>
>>79115894
>>
>>79115928
If being a NEET means posting "Gas the kikes. Race war now." in the same thread for two hours straight, I'll take my wagecuck life.
>>
>>79115848
>MUNDANE and MONOTONOUS.

Yep this fits into what I was saying how there was more focus on the same old exams,lectures and essay papers and less on the real hands on learning.
>>
>>79104756
>literally
Stop using that word for starters

You think you're stressed. Try being in graduate school and working two jobs, that's my situation. Though stressful, I know how to balance my priorities and have some time on the side for myself to relax. Granted I've almost completely cut out my social life and never sleep more than 4-5 hours on most days, I'm doing alright, the key is to schedule and prioritize things properly and not letting the stress get to you, find a healthy release every now and then.
>>
>>79115860
Yeah when it gets awkward it is nice to have that bro by your side to fall back on but you just move on if it doesn't work out. Often times most of the chicks have some sort of alcohol in them anyway, so they will talk about dumb shit.

I had a girl trying to convince me there was jizz on a table at one of the bars i went to for like 10 minutes. People are retarded once alcohol is involved man.
>>
>>79116205
lmao this I haven't seen that level of autism in a while.
>>
>>79116205
If being a wagecuck means giving all of your time and effort towards improving invisible money, for your entire life, I'll take my NEET life.
>>
>Go to college to get a higher education
>Study and read 50 hours a week because I love what I'm doing and want to understand as much as I can
>pass tests effortlessly because it is a test of the knowledge I have acquired
>graduate magnum cum laude, but to me it's just a piece of paper and the knowledge I have acquired if the real value

>go into the job market
>find out no one places any value on my education because colleges rubber-stamped everyone in order to get state incentives
>no one trust degrees any more and only look for work experience
>>
>>79116408
>>
>>79107345
This is false. Gain skills that are marketable to employers. This is the true purpose of higher education.
>>
>>79116585
>>
>>79116450
Being a manchild is degenerate
>>
>>79116497
did you English major bro
>>
>>79116669
So is being a slave to globalist money. Enjoy your desk job that benefits literally everyone except you.
>>
>>79116811
>Enjoy your desk job that benefits literally everyone except you.

That isn't what my job is but thanks man. You forgot to say to gas the kikes you dumbfuck
>>
>>79116921
>>
>>79116497
Yeah, welcome to the club buddy.

Fortunately for me I'm still in Uni, but I had this shit figured out in HS (granted I did have some help and guidance from original /pol/ as well), and I'll the you the trick that surprisingly so few people know.

It isn't what you know, nor is it solely who you know.

It's who you know that knows what you know.

That's it. Networking is the greatest if not only way these days to reliably get a good paying job or prospect of a career in any worthwhile capacity.

I hear the line "a degree shows employers that you can finish what you start", which I believe to be a meme unto itself.

So let's say I'm the employers. I see that you finished a bachelors degree in Computer Science. Ok, four or five years spent doing that. In the meantime, what else have you accomplished during that time frame? Have you done any side projects? Gotten in touch with any notable people, competed in any notable competitions? Where is you enthusiasm for the piece of paper you spent 4 or 5 years working so diligently for?

Is it really an impressive feat to finish something, only to not only be unenthused about it, but to have accomplished little else as well?

That's the problem I see with this meme. It needs to die.
>>
>>79116497
>work experience

Yeah you get put into a trap of no work experience but all the jobs wanting work experience so how do you get that work experience? I know the feel.
>>
File: 1399922630061.jpg (34 KB, 279x279) Image search: [Google]
1399922630061.jpg
34 KB, 279x279
>>79116669
>Have "diagnosed" autism
>Tried my hardest to be autistic and won after studying the symptoms
>Literally living off of manchild bucks that I shouldn't be receiving
>No one can take them away
>Have a gaming PC and google fiber

A kek and a lel to you!
>>
>>79116789
Mathematics. But people forget that these things are GENERAL educations. You're supposed to come out of them with a robust understanding of philosophies, sciences, and literature on top of your specialty. That's why people valued them and that's why it used to be true that having a proper education meant you could get a good job in almost any field you wanted. Not anymore, the welfare state stuck its grubby little thumb in the pie and now it's been embittered.
>>
>>79111111
>>
>>79116497
You fucked up hard bro

>>79116985
It is called sucking professor dicks to get good references into internships my friend. If you haven't done at least 1 internship in undergrad you put yourself at a disadvantage that could have been avoided.

>>79117022
If being a leech off society and not fulfilling anything in your life is satisfying to you, then by all means go right ahead. Just know you are no better than Tyrone and sharonda.
>>
>>79111447

The fucking point is so I can get a job to support myself into old age and not die from starvation. You cannot do trades or labor into old age once you start having physical ailments.

Study, make money and die like the good goy I am. Fuck it all, I'm going to go out in guns and glory one day.
>>
>>79117301
I know, but the world fucked my by making me.
I might as well get back at the government that lords over the populace.
>>
>>79117212
We're winning with meme magic. The (((globalists))) can't even compete.
>>
>>79117330
>You cannot do trades or labor into old age once you start having physical ailments.

I know a few friends who started working for others and then ultimately started their own business. They were in construction and shit though so idk how this would fly in plumbing or something.

>>79117389
That is one thing I can agree with you is that our government is a big pile of stinky donkey shit. Just know you and Tyrone are both getting handouts.
>>
>>79117301
>Just know you are no better than Tyrone and sharonda
A white person wouldn't say this to his brethren. You need to die, kike.
>>
>>79117549
You need to die. I would actually kill you if I had the means. Alphabet soup be damned.
>>
>>79117554
>>79117664

What the fuck is your problem? Go spam a different thread with your retarded shit.
>>
>>79117759
>>
File: M240C.jpg (219 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
M240C.jpg
219 KB, 1024x768
>>79117330
>camada
>going out in guns and glory
>>
>>79115978
Start from here:
>>79107431
Then here:
>>79108797
>>
>tfw Economics major

I'm going to graduate next April and I've already accepted how fucked I'm going to be trying to get a job. At least I have no debt.
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 640x640
>>79117554
The man speaks the truth about the leeches of society that screw taxpayers over. People who leech off of the system like Tyrone or Laquisha need to get their shit together instead of being a degenerate esp. If you're white.
>>
>>79117549

Thinking about how fucked I am makes me depressed. I'm at the best University in my country and in Science but I fucking hate it. The only thing stopping me from blowing my brains out is lifting. Comical, perhaps, but weight lifting is God's gift to men on Earth. Also, I'm hoping to get into genetic engineering as I believe it to be the next "big thing" and seriously don't want the Jew to get his grubby hands into it.
>>
>>79118045
>>
>>79117989
I don't know how you did that man. I was required to take an economics class for my major (kek) and it was boring as fuck. I took an intro to macroeconomics class. I did well in it, but found it so dry.

>>79118058
You have any interesting hobbies other than lifting? I mean that is a great hobby to have too. I'm not a psychologist so I can't exactly help with your depression, but just try and keep your mind busy and learn new skills.
>>
>>79118221
>>
File: 1464664615820.png (69 KB, 366x401) Image search: [Google]
1464664615820.png
69 KB, 366x401
>>79117888
Smelt this gun and put it out of it's misery. This is inhumane abuse to firearms
>>
>>79117891
>not doing E

shaking my head to be quite honest with you family
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 43

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.