[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come I wasn't pissed at the diversity in the Fast &
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
How come I wasn't pissed at the diversity in the Fast & the Furious franchise like I was in other movies? I felt like I wanted to kick it with their crew, unlike other movies where it pissed me off
>>
>>79091543
It's been a while since I've seen the movie anon, but I seem to remember actually liking many of the characters.

Perhaps the diversity isn't vexing because it's (as far as I know) an original movie and there were no blacks shoehorned into white roles.
>>
>>79091543
Because they were a bunch of criminals?
>>
>>79091543
1) because their race wasn't actually important,
2) because everyone already expects colored people to pay more attention to their gang and their car than to leading a productive lifestyle
>>
>>79091543
>ILLEGAL street racers
criminals = diverse. No problem there
When they try to present them as heroes, your brain doesn't compute. That's why
>>
>>79092838
I agree. You can take the nigger out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle out of the nigger.
>>
>>79092838
>>79093316
That's the bitter neckbeard way of looking at it.

I think it's because the diversity wasn't shoehorned in like it is now a days. The actors just happened to be of different skin color
>>
File: 52.jpg (81 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
81 KB, 720x304
>>79091543
Good goy.
>>
>>79091543
It wasn't beat over your head

It's like anime with a "diverse" cast
There is literally zero Ill will

If the cast of F&F complained at any point about something like white privilege you would fucking hate them
>>
>>79091543
hmm this is actually an interesting point
>>
>>79093512
This. Wasn't forced
>>
>>79093762
lol is that really in the movie?
>>
>>79091543
Because diversity in the movie wasn't forced, unlike many modern movies.
>>
>>79091543

Because its something you're not a part of or don't respect enough to care about the cast.
>>
>>79093990
>>79093845
>>79093512
I would agree with this if cuckolds wouldn't spew bullshit about the 'sandniggers defeating be evil Whites' in Game of Thrones.

You fuckers enforce your 'ideas' only when it's convenient.
>>
>>79091543
Same reason as in here I'm NIGGER THIS, NIGGER THAT and fifteen minutes later I'm talking to my black friend. pol might always be right, but real life isn't as simple. Sometimes you meet people who are exceptions from stereotypes. Like not all white people are apologist liberal scum, just Canada.
>>
Because it wasn't the focus of the movie. People were different races (no pun intended) but it wasn't slapped over everyone's head.
>>
>>79091543
1. original story
2. white man main character
3. cars
>>
>>79091543
They actually wrote in interesting and colorful characters since back then you couldnt just ride on the fact that youre not aloud to hate them becahse theyre black.
>>
>>79093512
Hear! Hear!
>>
Fast and furious movies feature more latinos than normal because that is their target audience and why they base several of the movies in south america and such.

They're made for latinos so I don't really see it as diversity...it's more like a blaxsploitation film but with latinos.

Basically latino genre. That's why it's less offensive
>>
File: 1370073123585.jpg (182 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
1370073123585.jpg
182 KB, 501x585
because it's starting to work
>>
>>79094275
Star of David is a gang sign in some parts of america
>>
Because that's actually the makeup of the street racing crowd. And the original movie didn't have many actual actors, most of them were actual street racers. After the first one it went to showcase Miami and then Tokyo scenes. So it wasn't forced. Those were the actual people in real life.
>>
>>79091543
It wasn't forced
>>
Because it wasn't out of place and they didn't rub your nose in it. They weren't diverse to make a statement, they were diverse because it was believable and the actors best suited for the roles were of different races.
>>
>>79091543
the diversity in fast and furious is natural its a movie about street racing.
They dont shoehorn niggers into white roles
>>
>>79091543
>diversity pisses me off

You're autistic, m8.
>>
>>79091543
Because the Mexicans in that movie spoke English. All that glitters is not gold anon, don't trust Hollywood make believe
>>
>>79091543
It wasn't forced. It was a bunch of street racers who weren't complete stereotypes.
>>
>>79094321
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>79093512
Also it took place in LA and they had a realistic crosssection of the city's demographic

>Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 47.5%
>White: 41.3% (Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%)
>Asian: 10.7%
>Black or African American: 9.8%
>Two or more races: 2.8%
>Native American: 0.5%
>Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%
>Other: 25.2%
>>
>>79095252
But that's not why vinny has one.
>>
>>79091543
simple
white guys are the leaders
black dude is just a sidekick
>>
>>79094275

Vin diesel in Knockaround Guys. Totally different flick.
>>
>>79093512
this desu
>>
Because you're responding to the symbolism of "cool" which drives the entire western economy, dumbass.
>>
Because they all acted as they normally would in real life.

White guy is an upstanding cop trying to do the right thing.

Asian guy is neutral, super smart. and useful.

Latina women act like Latina women.

The half white / half black acts like a half white / half niggblacker.

The black acts like a black.

Usually these days it's the total opposite. The criminals are practically ALWAYS white, meanwhile blacks are depicted as honourable, intelligent, and deliberate. It's jarring and offensive. Older movies showed the world as is actually was. I can watch a film from the 80's and 90's and actually enjoy black characters unlike today.
>>
>>79098381
wow
fucking this
>>
File: fast_and_furious_1_3243442b.jpg (328 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
fast_and_furious_1_3243442b.jpg
328 KB, 620x387
>How come I wasn't pissed at the diversity in the Fast & the Furious franchise like I was in other movies?
because the casting was based on reality. Southern California street racers in 2001? Yeah that's going to obviously be South Americans, spics, blacks, Asians, degenerate white guys, and of course the cops were white.

Also the women were not doing ridiculous stunts, they acted like actual women.
>>
>>79091543
Because it isn't forced
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.