[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do people actually think Hillary is ahead of Trump?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: lknasldnqslndwqelqwelne.jpg (55 KB, 987x642) Image search: [Google]
lknasldnqslndwqelqwelne.jpg
55 KB, 987x642
I've seen these polls recently that suggests that Hillary is more popular than Trump. I have a problem with these polls.

A lot of folks here don't seem to understand the concept of the "shame factor". Liberal media have made it shameful to support trump.

The result of this, however, is not what you'd might expect, ie lower popular support for Trump, instead the biggest effect is a large uncertainty factor on the polling results.

Because people are afraid to say that they support Trump, polls will underestimate his real support. Hillary seems to have a big lead on Trump, but this election, I think you'll see that Trump actually has a bigger popular support than Hillary. I Believe the next president will be Trump and I think he'll win with quite a margin.

Do you have any good argument? Let's debate.
>>
>>79080088
Double dubs of truth
>>
Then why do so many people attend his rallies?
>>
>>79080088
Same thing happened with Brexit, Remain was so far ahead that reputable financial companies bet massive amounts on Remain.
>>
>>79080088
thing is, ALL of these polls are flawed, they dont get 100% of the nations vote,they barely get clost to 25% of the republican vote. The internet is often a liberal place, so when people fote on these Twitter polls of course shillary will win
>>
Her lead decreases significantly when third party candidates are included in polling.
>>
>>79080571

This.

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-06-22/nearly-half-of-sanders-supporters-won-t-support-clinton
>>
>>79080088
This is absolutely right. Same reason why the Brexit polls were so far off.
>>
Do people actually think anything beyond results in November matter?
>>
>>79080088
You are right. We, the italians, are well used to this kind of phenomena. Back in the Berlusconi era for his last 10 years of campaign his party was the loser in the pols yet won pretty much always.
>>
>>79080507
I do agree that the polls are flawed and that trump is most likely a lot closer if not ahead but statistics don't need 100% of the nations input to be a good predictor. You just need a certain percentage of the population to be within 3% of the margin of error and that percentage needed is surprisingly low if the sample if truly random.
>>
>shame factor
Sorry to tell you, Sweden but shame was abolished in America back in 2005.
>>
>>79080088
>people afraid to say who they support in an anonymous poll

Gary Johnson is the end of Trumps campaign, not that Trump ever had a chance since he would never win the independent vote anyway.
>>
>>79081612

under-appreciated post
>>
>>79080571
>>79081017

>RCP AVG 2 WAY: Clinton +6.8
>RCP AVG 4 WAY: Clinton +5.6

>1.2%
>significant
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>mfw trumpshills are reaching Berniebot levels of deusion this quickly into the general election
>>
>>79080088

I got my MAGA hat last weekend and started wearing it whenever I go to a place that isn't minority infested. A lot of people came up to me to express their support for Trump, and I live in fucking New York. They told me that I had bigger balls than them for wearing it here lol. Jersey was even better. I met two people who actually volunteered for the campaign during primary season.

Anecdotal evidence doesn't really count for much but it did show me that there IS a lot of support out there underneath the woodwork, even in the bluest of blue states, and people are really being shamed into keeping quiet about it.
>>
>>79080360
Because you'll be around people who don't shame you for your political views?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.