[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/pol/ is global warming real or just more jewish sorcery?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: Global_Warming.jpg (36 KB, 551x366) Image search: [Google]
Global_Warming.jpg
36 KB, 551x366
/pol/ is global warming real or just more jewish sorcery?
>>
>>79079461
man made*
>>
>>79079461

It's real but mainly caused by natural factors like volcanoes and underground gas.

Pollution is dangerous because it's carcinogenic. That's enough to be environment conscious with common sense.
No apocalypsis propaganda is needed. I just don't understand the media.
>>
Trump said is was not real. I trust him.
>>
>>79079461
>implying jewish sorcery isn't real
>>
File: co2_temperature_historical.png (298 KB, 791x562) Image search: [Google]
co2_temperature_historical.png
298 KB, 791x562
Here is a picture of the CO2 levels in geologic time, and temperature. Notice CO2 levels do not effect temperature.

We are actually at some of the lowest levels ever in recorded history. Life will find a way even if we get to 3000ppm CO2, which won't happen for a while.

More CO2 means plants need to use less water and energy to make food. Plants thive under CO2 heavy conditions. Also means more water for us.

Lets say the planet is warming, it only opens up more resources for us. Look to Antarctica. A New World waiting to come out of deep freeze.
>>
>>79079461
Man made warming is real but who knows how much of it will have what effect. There is some good science on it but way too much advocacy and just straight bullshit.

We should probaby look to being more effecient by putting a tax on carbon and letting the free market do its thing.

Not making a buissnes pay to polute is just a failure of economics anyways.
>>
It's real but it's

>Insignificant when manmade
>Mostly naturemade
>Very good for plants
>Easy to solve with nuclear energy or cloud whitening
>Makes siberia and canada habitable
>Requires a full-blown genocide to even remotely get under control.
>>
>>79079747
bullshit natural factors are a small percentage of total gas release
>>
File: bulgaria.jpg (268 KB, 749x965) Image search: [Google]
bulgaria.jpg
268 KB, 749x965
>>79079461

I'm sure everyone emits CO2 not just the Joos.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKCuDxpccYM
>>
>>79080246
Higher temps also mean that methane reservoirs with thaw up. Have a quick look at which natural methane sinks are available to suck up that additional CH4..
>>
>>79079461
its real but its not human mande.
btw its actually quite good for the humanity, even if it unfreezes antartica ints not a insue.
WE WILL SURVIVE AS ALWAYS
>>
>>79080551
>makes canada habitable
FUCK OFF GYPPO WERE FULL
>>
>>79080859
It's been hotter before and we haven't had methane problems.
>>
Destruction of environment and assorted pollution is a real thing.

Global warming is best taken with a grain of salt. Though even hoaxes can be good, if "global warming" gets people to recycle more and ask for decent public transport.

The "pig flu" deal made antiseptic handwash available pretty much everywhere as a side effect. Another effect of it was that training kindergarterners to sterlilize their hands cut down the number of sick-leave days for the teachers.
>>
>>79080927
Don't worry about suffocating. It would take quite a bit more to reach toxic levels in the atmosphere..
>>
>>79081155
Sweden yes!
>>
>>79081617
You should have a doctor check that knee of yours.
>>
>>79079461
It's a mixture of true and false information, probably about 90% false. It's a leftist talking point and it's just more of their self-loathing anti-human propaganda. Carbon is not a bad thing and this idea that carbon is evil is just a fucking joke. It's half the reason planet Earth can support life in the first place. I mean did you guys even take science class in elementary school? One of the first things you're taught is that you breathe oxygen, which we then convert to CO2, the plants then use the CO2 and convert it into oxygen, thus creating a self-sustaining cycle of life. Are you people fucking retarded? If they said they were gonna put a tax on oxygen and we needed to reduce our oxygen omissions, that would probably be a little bit too blatant, so instead they just tax the second most important element because people are stupid enough to believe that's a good idea.

It's also not caused by humans, it's natural, it has always happened, and it's just fearmongering bullshit. Every time these idiots said the world was going to end, it didn't happen. Somehow we fucking survived it, and somehow we'll manage to survive the next 87,000 big "global warming" scares.

Also, look at how they flip flopped. Back in the 70's it was threats of another ice age, then it was global warming, then they noticed it was contradictory so they changed it to climate change. How am I supposed to believe this crap and not be skeptical at all, when it's so inconsistent? And the left thinks there just shouldn't even be a single skeptic on this issue. This is just another one of their many hypocrisies. They complain that the police are racist, while also wanting more police presence. They see no irony in trying to defend both gays and Islam. "Climate change" is just progressive contradiction #37, nothing more, nothing less. It's a boring discussion, and it's not any kind of a real threat.
>>
>>79083294
>One of the first things you're taught is that you breathe oxygen, which we then convert to CO2, the plants then use the CO2 and convert it into oxygen, thus creating a self-sustaining cycle of life. Are you people fucking retarded?

You've forgotten plant respiration as well as how that is linked into carbon cycle and the seasonal pattern of it.
>>
>>79079461
The climate change is happening, and has been going on steadily, ever since measuring of the medium temperature of the planet was started.

Is it however caused by men, is highly debateable.

The climate change scientist do research on the changes in the climate. If they say that the climate is indeed changing and the change is caused by mankind, they get to keep their jobs and funding from the governments. If they however come to the conclusion that the climate is not changing, they lose their job and their education for a very specific research job becomes useless.

This creates a platform for healthy sceptisism towards the integrity of the climate scientists.
>>
It's real.

The right has made themselves emotionally commited to the issue of global warming and cannot back down from their earlier retarded "It doesn't exist" standpoint. This is similar to how the left believes it should make up scientific data to exaggerate the risk of global warming.

Generally the core of the rights argument is that other factors than Co2 are responsible for global warming as the earth is obviously warming, and there is obviously more Co2 in the atmosphere. Since most people, myself included, can't really evaluate scientific data that well it's really a matter of who you trust to be objective on the issue. The right has whored itself out to oil & gas & rural folk who need the oil to stay pumping, and honestly there is more money in denialism. The left has whored itself to green energy companies, al gore infamously has investments in them, they tend to be more urban and supportive of green things like public transit, and they also tend to overwhelmingly be on the sea.

Here in Canada the divide between global warming belief in Alberta relate to BCs lower mainland is immense, my local university which is actually respected in Canada is estimating my municipality will go broke due to sea level rise. BC has little carbon intensive industry as well.

https://www.sfu.ca/rise.html

On Vancouver island, given it's a fucking island, belief in global warming is even higher. Alberta is by far the most skeptical of global warming. Ontario does more manufacturing and is more skeptical of global warming. It's really just about self-interest on both sides, people believe who they want to believe.

I will however say that the left isn't making up that there is an overwhelming scientific consensus among climate scientists that man made factors are the driving force behind climate change. Most of the disagreement seems to actually be how bad things are gonna be, how much we can do about it, and if doing something about it is worth it.
>>
>>79085753
>If they however come to the conclusion that the climate is not changing, they lose their job and their education for a very specific research job becomes useless.

Absolute shite, what you've written. I work in a related field and there's a figurative buttload of work related to climate, weather and atmosphere that is decoupled or at least completely independent of a warming Earth. These matters need to be researched whether the heat content on this planet is increasing or not.

Drop size distribution quantification in deep convective clouds is a research topic regardless.
>>
I dont understand why it's debated. Literally every reasonable scientist can tell you why its real and talk you through it rationally.

A fucking second grade teacher can explain it to you.
>>
I will say one thing from living in BC, don't blindly trust the lefts brilliant solutions to climate change.

Here in BC we implimented a carbon tax. The concrete industry here, which does good business because of all the construction in BC right now, got fucking destroyed, sales went down by over a third and the tax wasn't even huge. It just made us uncompetitive with china, who had dirtier concrete in the first place. In an effort to reduce carbon emissions, we ended up importing concrete from china, actually increasing carbon emissions due to Chinas dirty practices + transport, while crippling our own industry.

As always, remember the left thinks with their feelings, not with their brains.
>>
>>79080246
Yeah and just flood shit up. Retard
>>
>>79079461

It's real and maybe man contributed some, but I do beleive it has been massively exploited by international lobbyists trying to cripple western manufacturers with another tax to content agaisnt.
>>
>>79088132
It's like trying to get people to change their lives and give you donations to support stopping thuderstorms or trees growing. It's just a natural thing but to blame mankind and tricking people is wrong,
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.