[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you vegetarian /pol/? It's healthier, b
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 19
File: try.jpg (178 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
try.jpg
178 KB, 650x650
Why aren't you vegetarian /pol/? It's healthier, better for the environment, more ethical and more efficient. There is no reason to eat meat other than for taste, which means that people who eat meat cause animals to suffer and die solely for their enjoyment.

I would fight somebody if they tried to harm my dog, can't imagine paying somebody to kill an animal smarter than her(which pigs are http://www.livescience.com/39717-are-pigs-as-smart-as-dogs.html). You may as well beat your dog to death with a shovel for enjoyment, same thing for the dog(suffering and death) and the same thing for you(enjoyment).

Meat-eating is also really really inefficient, America alone could feed 800 million more people if they stopped eating meat.(http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/1997/08/us-could-feed-800-million-people-grain-livestock-eat) Imagine the amount of food it takes to feed a cow for a year, wouldn't it be better to eat that food instead of it? This effect leads to famine, global warming(the meat industry accounts for more global warming than any other industry https://woods.stanford.edu/environmental-venture-projects/consequences-increased-global-meat-consumption-global-environment) and the destruction of land. If a country wants to maximize the efficiency of its food production for environmental or economic reasons, they have to stop producing meat. Our population is growing exponentially and millions are suffering from starvation, we don't have the recources to continue consuming meat at our current rate.

1/2
>>
>>79051794
An argument that is commonly used against vegetarianism is that it's unhealthy, this is objectively not true, this can be proved with comprehensive peer-reviewed studies, not with shitty opinionated blog posts. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ijc.23141/full, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK22436/, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19828712, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16549459, http://www.ornishspectrum.com/wp-content/uploads/Intensive-lifestyle-changes-for-reversal-of-coronary-heart-disease1.pdf, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15288386, http://www.dresselstyn.com/Esselstyn_Caldwell_Article.pdf, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21521229, http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14623804, http://circ.ahajournals.org/content/23/1/133.full.pdf. Vegetarians have significantly lower rates of cancer, heart disease and stroke. They also have an average IQ of 15 points higher than meat-eaters even when socioeconomic differences are accounted for(http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1790759/). Not that this really matters or suggests that vegetarianism will increase your IQ, but it makes it evident that vegitarians aren't all hippy retarded far left-wingers as they are portrayed as by mainstream media. Vegitarians also have a life expectancy of 10 years longer than meat-eaters even when the socioeconomic differences are accounted for(https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=PY0KUnaIU5AC&oi=fnd&pg=PP1&dq=vegetarians+live+longer&ots=H4cjjuS7Td&sig=UKs6-elSHZAdnNG4ust7bn4Md9o). B12 deficiency is also a topic mentioned pretty frequently when discussing vegetarianism. The average population has a B12 deficiency rate of 40%, the rate for vegetarians is significantly lower. Why is this? Because vegetarians supplement B12, so they get 100% of their recommended intake daily, B12 deficiency can lead to permanent neurological damage so it's important to ensure you're eating enough of it.

2/3
>>
>>79051866
There are no nutrients or minerals that benefit your health that can't be taken in a vegetarian diet. Please Google an article that claims it has found a mineral that is only found in meat then google the name of that mineral + "vegetarian source", if you aren't instantly proven wrong(which you will be), reply to the thread and tell me the name of the mineral/vitamin.

Another argument against vegetarianism is that plants are intelligent and can feel pain. Unfortunately this argument is very common despite it being utterly retarded in every way. Their reasoning is that because a plant emits a certain substance everytime that it is burned it must be intelligent and it must be feeling pain. This is so fucking stupid because intelligence isn't even comparable to a simple chemical reaction. If I boil water it produces steam, it must be in pain from the high temperatures right? Why don't we personify every fucking chemical reaction out there to fit an agenda. Plants don't have a means or a reason to feel pain. They have neither a brain nor a central nervous system. They can't be intelligent and they objectively can't feel pain. The ability to feel pain has no utility if you can't act upon the understanding it gives you. And a plant can't move, there would be no reason for it to feel pain or to be intelligent because feeling pain or being intelligent wouldn't increase its chances of survival. A God wouldn't create an intelligent plant and neither would evolution. Plants do not feel pain.

3/4
>>
>>79051794
>for taste
>cause animals to suffer and die solely for their enjoyment.

These two reasons.
>>
>>79051944
The last argument that I always hear people using against vegetarianism is that one vegetarian won't make a difference. These people are ignoring the most simple law of economics, the law of supply and demand, it is always more profitable for the producer to maintain a supply and demand equilibrium. That is why a simple but infallible calculation can prove that each vegetarian saves on average 582 animals yearly(http://www.countinganimals.com/how-many-animals-does-a-vegetarian-save/)

5/5
>>
File: 1465733474338.jpg (45 KB, 569x485) Image search: [Google]
1465733474338.jpg
45 KB, 569x485
meat tastes good and i like to eat it
>>
>>79051794
ha ok
>>
>>79051794
Have you been drinking, Ireland?
>>
>>79051794
I eat meat because fuck you.
>>
>>79051794
I'll go vegetarian when I want to look like a woman. Until then, there is only gains.
>>
File: 1448050015532.jpg (60 KB, 581x491) Image search: [Google]
1448050015532.jpg
60 KB, 581x491
Don't forget to sage and hide.
>>
I like it, and it helps animals more than it hurts if they are farmed in humane conditions.
>>
Shoving morality down people's throats is immoral. Go bury yourself in a potato field so that your precious plants can drain the water from your blood so that your brothers can reap a fertile harvest to pair with their lamb-chop.
>>
>>79053385
Protein is easily attainable on a vegetarian diet, I haven't not gotten over 100% of my daily recommended intake since I became vegetarian. Just take a protein shake, if you're serious about the gym you should be taking them anyway regardless of whether you eat meat or not. There are also plenty of natural vegetarian sources of protein too, such as Quinoa, Soy, Buckwheat, Quorn or Seitan.
>>
>>79053752
>Shoving morality down people's throats is immoral
That is literally the SJW's mindset. EDUCATING ME ABOUT MORALS TRIGGERS ME SO IT IS IMMORAL!!!1211!
>>
>>79053804
Yeah well if you tell that to a woman, you'll never be anything more than her friend or her cuck.
>>
>>79053974
Fag can only be faught with fag
>>
>>79053744
Back up that claim, I didn't riddle this thread with pictures of factory farms that depict what factory workers do and are allowed to do with their animals because that turns people away, instead I focused more on the economic, health related, moral and environmental reasons as to why it's never ethical to cause animals to suffer and die for your pleasure. But over 99% of our meat is produced in factory farms(http://farmforward.com/ending-factory-farming/). And the conditions that a farm has to adhere to to be called a factory farm and not a free range farm are deplorable. Just Google them.
>>
>implying more animals dont die from pesticides and plowing fields for the plants you eat
>>
Is it just me or is there some irish fag really trying hard to shill all sorts of stuff here?
>>
>>79051794
If humans didn't eat animals there would be very few animals left.
Remember when people owned horses like cars? Now where are they? Most of them went to the glue factory. Now they are mostly kept for hobbies such as gambling.
What use does a pig have if we aren't killing it? No use at all. They will be endangered before the 22nd century.

You might have heard something called the 'circle of life'. If we don't use animals to process materials and have them poop until they die then the plants wont grow properly. Having animals isn't inefficient but rather extremely efficient as it raises the crop yields by hundreds of times. Look at Africa for a moment. Their soil is terrible. They also have an extremely low amount of animals for consumption. By advocating vegetarianism you are advocating Africalike food production.

That picture is somewhat ironic as the meat eating world is where we live among the animals while the vegetarian world would be a desolate landscape that even the cats and dogs can't survive.

Tldr: Go fuck yourself. Vegetarians are worse than communists.
>>
>>79051794
>>79051866
t. Cuck
>>
>>79051794
>There is no reason to eat meat other than for taste, which means that people who eat meat cause animals to suffer and die solely for their enjoyment.

ya did it in the first line, OP
>>
>>79054142
Assuming you're assertive, vegetarianism is a plus with women, it especially helps if you're big because that negates the stigma that you'll be a pussy. But overall, even if you're a skelly being a vegetarian makes you seem more compassionate to normal women and it pretty much guarantees you any vegetarian woman. I think these reasons are why vegetarians are less likely to be virgin, and more likely to be married. Men are also more likely to choose a vegetarian woman over a meat-eating one http://www.medicaldaily.com/why-men-prefer-date-vegetarian-women-benefits-dating-veggie-270332
>>
>>79054425
You clearly didn't read anything I wrote, because if you did you'd know that vegetarianism requires significantly less agricultural land than meat-eating does. And that meat-eaters kill over 500 animals yearly, which is significantly higher than the amount that would die on an entire farm yearly.
>>
File: 1449974403321.jpg (112 KB, 473x650) Image search: [Google]
1449974403321.jpg
112 KB, 473x650
I was a vegetarian for a year, it was okay.
I had to
Weigh all my food
Count every calorie
Count every macro
Count every micro
Had to correctly balance my entire diet
Had to make sure I was getting all 9 of the essential amino acids
Had to make sure I was getting all 26 of the essential micro nutrients
etc
Then I just switched back to eating like a normal human
>>
I'm not strict about my diet, if I lived in a vegetarian home I'd have no problem adapting becuase it's healthy. But I'll eat anything, whatever's there, fuck it. I like to be adventurous with food.
>>
>>79051985
>>79051944
>>79051866
>>79051794

preach it brother

you didn't even mention all the benefits to ones wallet
>>
In regards to food, our intelligence does not mean we need to think beyond "This is desirable" and "This won't kill me"
>>
>>79054541
Animals lived for billions of years without our help, if what you're saying is true they should have died out long ago, since we only domesticated them recently. You're objectively wrong. We have no use for birds yet they live. That negates your entire argument. Having animals is also objectively inefficient, I provided a peer-reviewed scientific journal that proved that, you provided a shitty opinion, provide some facts. Your example with Africa was pretty retarded, there is an absence of animals due to their absence of plants, that is objectively true. You can't be subjective about it, you can't say that in your opinion it's actually plants that rely on animals when they don't.
>>
>>79054989
>insects arent animals
>>
>>79054541
>imblying industrialized cattle production isn't destroying the planet's lung by mowing down the amazon to make soy fields, which are fed to the cows, give them subsequent intestinal infections that are treated with antibiotics that we are constantly eating so the next plague can fine tune itself to fuck the entire human species
>>
File: 1417707967889.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1417707967889.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>>79055542
>believing rhetoric
That isn't how it works senpai
>>
>>79055074
You did not have to do any of that. I'm not sure if you're trying to false-flag or if you're actually retarded but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're retarded. Why the fuck would you have to weight all of your food, count your calories, count macros, count micros, correctly balance your diet or ensure you're receiving anything besides B12 on a vegetarian diet but not one that involves meat? This is beyond me, where did you hear this shit? Read the studies I posted originally on the health implications of becoming vegetarian. You did not have to do any of that
>>
>>79055654
Ok enjoy your burgers fampai. I really don't have anything invested in the future regardless.
>>
>>79055465
I'm just going to quote myself, please read this again.
>because if you did you'd know that vegetarianism requires significantly less agricultural land than meat-eating does
>>
>>79055440
>Animals lived for billions of years without our help, if what you're saying is true they should have died out long ago, since we only domesticated them recently. You're objectively wrong. We have no use for birds yet they live.
surely no one can really be this stupid
>>
>>79053804
Sorry, protein shakes/powder have amounts of animal hormones, as do most medicines including all steroids. Even things that claim to be 100% animal free require some form of animal "abuse"
Guess you have to kill yourself because you broke your little self-flagellating imaginary rules
>>
>Why aren't you vegetarian /pol/?
I like meat.

That's really all there is to it. The animals I eat only exist to be eaten. That's the only reason they were born.
>>
Because human teeth aren't designed for us to be herbivores.
>>
>>79055888
Great refutation of my point! Explain faggot. I've got to go though so somebody else will have to explain to you why you're retarded.
>>
>>79055847
farm animals dont require pesticides retard
>>
>>79055895
I'm not vegan...
>>
>>79051985
>>79051944
>>79051866
>>79051794
>Irish
>cuck
Makes sense. Hope you brushed up on your Gaelic now that the UK is out of the EU, paddie. Not such a good idea to put Gaelic as your official EU language after all, was it? Also, I ate a steak for lunch and will eat another one for dinner. I would murder the cow myself if need be.
>>
I don't humanize animals and I think people that do are sick in the head.
>>
>>79051794
it tastes good you faggot. We didn't make it to the top of the food chain to eat salad, or in your case, big ol' cocks.
>>
>>79055976
>animals will survive equally well in a vastly altered environment
>bird species havent gone extinct/endangered
>>
If you are vegetarian you are killing animals as well, drinking milk causes baby male cows to be turned into veal and the mom gets killed after she can't make any more milk. With eggs its the same, they stop laying them and they get killed, the male chicks get killed at birth as well.
>>
>>79055759
I've read far more studies than you have senpai
Vegetarianism isn't some miracle diet that is only deficient in B12
It is deficient, like every diet, in a lot of nutrients if not balanced correctly.
When switching to a radical diet you must ABSOLUTELY make sure you are doing it correctly otherwise you will get fucked up.
>>
I wonder where many vegans fall on the issue of abortion since they tend to be leftists. You can't humanize animals in order to say killing them is wrong and then say it's okay to terminate actual human life.
>>
>>79056022
You're eating meat out of that blender bottle fucktard, protip: companies will lie to you for your money.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MVco9s0SQ Ol' champ
>>
>>79054406
American Bison were hunted to near extinction until someone found that you can start a business that sells bison burgers. After Bison started to be farmed, their population began to rise back up since there was an incentive to keep them around to make a profit and feed people who ate their meat. It makes perfect economic sense for animals to die if no part of the animal goes to waste. https://www.fws.gov/bisonrange/timeline.htm

With humane farming, Bison were able to recover, people were fed, and people were able to add value to something that didn't have it before. I won't argue that what goes on in those worst of the worst factory farms is awful, but it's not so much that eating meat is the problem as it is with corporate welfare subsidizing poor economic decisions like keeping cows, chickens, and pigs in such confined spaces that they need to pump steroids and antibiotics into them just so they're viable.
>>
>>79051866
Congrats, the most horribly formatted post I've ever seen on /pol/, and that's saying something.
>>
I eat meat because it tastes good and I need literally 0 other reasons. You have no idea how good "taboo" meats like whale and horse taste, they're amazing.

Also I have never given a fuck about the inefficiency argument, I give literally 0 fucks about how many more Africans could eat grains every year if we were all vegetarians. This mainly stems from the fact that I give literally 0 fucks about Africans. In fact, the very fact that I've even had to waste neuron transmitions to think about niggers in mud huts just to have this retarded conversation has pissed me off and only made me hate filthy African niggers that much more.
>>
>>79055440
>We have no use for birds yet they live.
Yet many bird species are now endangered and the few that have flourished with human civilization are those that self domesticated like rock doves.

A vegetarian world doesn't mean a 'green' world. The simple fact is the Earth has never been greener than it is today. Even a millennia ago when animals had a lot easier time surviving the Earth was much less suitable for their existence and the largest force behind this change is a vast rise in carbon dioxide emitting animals and improved agricultural techniques to take advantage of the richer environment.

The Muslims tried to farm without slaughtering animals in their droves. It worked. Unfortunately for them after 2 centuries it all started to fall apart. Now the land they used has had all of its potential removed and is at severe risk of desertification. The most fertile land during the time of the Roman Empire is now a shithole that can't even support the flow of water through its lands. Great rivers such as the Euphrates and the Tigris that civilization was built upon are now all but dried up. This happened for a reason. That reason is an unwillingness to raise, support and then kill extremely large numbers of animals.
Using Africa as an example again look at the areas that White people arrived and brought animals in large numbers. The areas which now produce the vast majority of Africa's meat produce. These are also the most fertile lands. The lands which the African governments covet and ultimately destroy by removing the White farmers and their herds away from the land.
Animals are absolutely essential for plants. If you don't kill animals in extremely large numbers then you can't kill plants in extremely large numbers. Animals feed off plants and plants feed off animals. The process is different but the result is the same. One cannot exist without the other and it is humans that have allowed both to flourish.
>>
>>79056867

so
much
edge
>>
I'm against factory farming but I support hunting and have my own poultry and livestock. I understand this is impractical for 99% of the population though.

I hope lab made meat reaches the same quality of real meat soon desu.
>>
>>79051794
Because I don't give a shit. Yeah, I said it!
>>
I wish we could eat all those cows and bulls instead of letting them roam our streets blocking traffic
Tfw can still taste Whataburger I had years ago
>>
>>79057038
Hey look the abbo found a computer.
>>
>>79051794

God rewards those who cause suffering in the world, for negative emotions are the favourite food of the gods
>>
>>79056524
Vegans are self-sadist apologists that hate themselves and other humans but for some reason falsely anthropomorphize animals

Animals don't fucking care if they're dying, anything more than simple instinct to avoid immediate harm is beyond them. Animals, specifically pigs/cows/sheep/fish aren't capable of suffering or higher thought. They can't be happy, they can't be sad and even if they could, they would be whether people ate them or not

tl;dr vegans/vegetarians are limiting themselves on some kind of false sense of morality that they made up. Vegetarians are literally the cuckolds of the food/diet world
>>
I'm a lazy coward but a happy one I give you that
As soon as going vegan is easy, sure why not
>inb4 "but it already is"
It requires more effort from me than being an omnivore so no, it's not
>>
Fitizen here.

Animal protein is an easier and more efficient way of consuming whole protein. No one has the time nor patience to consume different types of vegetable proteins and supplements to complete the regular macronutrient requirements.

Besides that, every world record and top athlete in every sport consumes meat. No vegetarian has ever managed to get a world record. Why would you purposely gimp yourself and be significantly weaker than what you could be by consuming meat?
>>
>>79051794
If eating animal is bad then why God made them so delicious??

Check mate atheist
>>
life feeds on life. Don't see why most animals are so much better than plants.
>>
>>79056867
B-b-b-b-b-b-but we need to feed the world that hates us.
>>
>>79051794
Eating red meat promotes the production of testosterone. A purely vegetarian diet, which is almost always high in soy products, promotes the production of estrogen.

By not eating meat you are literally cucking your body and physically altering your brain chemistry to make the idea of sucking cocks more appealing.

This hormone imbalance might also explain why every single vegetarian male, without question, is fucking insane.
>>
been vego for a couple years now, was a pretty simple decision if you're even slightly utilitarian and think about it for more than a few minutes
>>
File: image.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>79051794
because I'm not a fuccboi
>>
>>79057052
>I'm against factory farming

Why? It feeds a lot of people and keeps the price very low. If factory farms didn't exist the average American would have a lot less options when it comes to dinner and that would suck. It would be centuries ago when the average peasant could choose between having grain for dinner or more grain.
>>
File: goggles-edge.jpg (24 KB, 380x550) Image search: [Google]
goggles-edge.jpg
24 KB, 380x550
>>79057086
Thread destroyed
>>
>>79057530
>If factory farms didn't exist the average American would have a lot less options when it comes to dinner and that would suck.

almost every american has access to almost every fruit, vegetable, grain, nut, seed, ext.... but poor them if they were not able to eat a very narrow number of products harmful for their health and enviroment.
>>
>>79051794
>Why aren't you vegetarian /pol/? It's healthier, better for the environment, more ethical and more efficient. There is no reason to eat meat other than for taste, which means that people who eat meat cause animals to suffer and die solely for their enjoyment.
It'x expensive. Beyond this, I'm not reading your wall of shit.20 piece nuggets for $5, boyo.
>>
>>79057530
I read is as:
>If everyone could hunt that would be great but for practical reasons factory farming is acceptable.
>>
>>79057086
Found the edgy guy who rationalizes his cognitive dissonance with his fake I don't give a shit attitude.
>>
>>79051794
>>79051866
>>79051944
Stop shilling your potatoes, you cunt
>>
>>79051794
>Why aren't you vegetarian /pol/?

Because it pisses off people like you and there's nothing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>79057530
I think that manner it's conducted is cruel. It is, however, a necessary cruelty though. I don't believe people should just stop eating meat. Like I said, I'll be happy for lab grown meat when
>>
>>79051794
Why do you wear clothes OP? It would be better for the environment and you wouldn't be supporting child labour if you were a nudist.
>>
>>79051794
>>
Have you seen how much shit we get out of pigs?
>>
File: 1420756844457.jpg (582 KB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
1420756844457.jpg
582 KB, 1600x1131
Has anyone actually read /pol/s sticky?
>>
File: LADDY.jpg (91 KB, 387x500) Image search: [Google]
LADDY.jpg
91 KB, 387x500
>>79051794
>>
>>79057822

I just don't think there's any inherently immoral about factory farming. It is what makes it so people don't have to hunt so they specialize in other fields of work that better society. For example if an engineer needed to hunt for dinner that wouldn't leave a lot of time for engineering stuff and society as a whole would suffer. If you apply this to all of the progress mankind has made since the industrial revolution and the advent of industrial farming and all of the lives that have been saved from it I think a good case could made that factory farming is a moral good.
>>
>>79051794
Cause animals that I eat are specifically bred for that, to be eaten.
>>
>>79058458
Ha, not an argument!
>>
>>79051794

I am, but I actually don't have a problem with meat eaters where I live since everyone here eats free range food from local farmers.

Americlaps however eat complete garbage stuffed full of hormones and toxins from animals tortured their entire lives.
>>
>>79058744
Forgot to say that I am for humane killing, I hate slaughter houses, I think humane killing should be forced by law and even in home killings, a lot of people here like to eat freshly killed animals so they buy them alive and kill them and there are botched executions, it's disgusting, cause some newbie was given the job.
>>
Animals are literally made as food for superior beings. Who the fuck cares about that shit.
>>
>>79057986
>I think that manner it's conducted is cruel.

The same thing can be said for hunting. If you shoot a deer with a bow it doesn't die instantly, that deer is going to run for another 20 minutes before it lays down and slowly dies of blood loss. I think it's morally inconsistent to say hunting is okay but factory farming is not.
>>
File: 517.jpg (121 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
121 KB, 500x650
>>79058760
>>
>>79051794
Vegetarian here, b12 only comes from animals. You need b12 for the nervous system to not rot.
idiot. youre gonna sit here and go on about all of this shit, but leave out the part where youll waste away.
>>
>>79058561
You are thinking about it from a collectivist point of view. It's ultimately many of the 'little' things such as personally killing and eating an animal that allows us to keep our link to the natural way of life. It's fine to rely on a collectivist method day to day but if you are at the point where you can't make yourself a burger without someone selling you it then it might be time to improve your capability somewhat.
A little more simply: If a person doesn't interact with the natural way of doing things then he might make mistakes in a higher level career due to things that seem obvious for people living more naturally. For example a doctor might prescribe paracetamol for a headache without bothering to check if the person had bumped his head.

Factory farming is a good thing due to our population and the free time it provides but it can not be the only method or we will suffer some consequence especially when something out of the ordinary happens.
>>
>>79059451

I can't disagree with anything you said.
>>
Meat offers more energy. Before farming, to get same amount of energy, it costs less time to hunt than collect food from plants That's part of the reason mankind has enough time and energy to build civilization.

I know for moderm days it's optional. And i respect your choice to be a vegetarian. But i also would like to point out that we are born to eat vegetable AND meat.
>>
I think animals should be taken care of e.g free range and grass fed organic because it's kind, is heartwarming to see and gives the animals a better taste, also less chemicals which ruin us. That said, Humans are far more important than some dumb animals. Seeing a young boy eat a steak which is packed full of protein and is delicious and will make him grow stronger is better than the life of a stupid thoughtless cow.

Humans>animals
>>
>>79051794

I'm going to eat a pound of ground beef all on my own later tonight. Hope this triggers you OP.

fuck you.
>>
>>79051794
The reason I don't buy into vegetarianism is because I look at all the other carnivores on the planet and think to myself why should they get to eat delicious meat and I shouldn't.
Why is it immoral for me as a human, the best animal on the planet, to be a carnivore but it's perfectly ok for wolves/bears/lions etc.
Why are carnivorous diets considered immoral in the first place?
Why are animal signals of distress listened to by vegetarians but plant signals of distress aren't?

tldr: life eats other life. I see no problem with any of it.
>>
>>79051794
OP, where do you get your phosphorus for fertilizer?
>>
>>79051794
There is absolutely no real advantage self-limiting vegetarians have over those freely omnivorous. That's why.
>>
>>79051794
>>79061738
P.S matters of survival are not disputable on ethical grounds.
>>
File: carpaccio.jpg (643 KB, 1224x1632) Image search: [Google]
carpaccio.jpg
643 KB, 1224x1632
>>79051794
I wholeheartedly support OP and the likes of him in carrying on and sticking to their choices of what they do and don't eat thus lessening demand for my favourite cuts, makes them less expensive and somehow even more tasty
>>
>>79051794
>>79051866
>>79051944
>>79051985
I like eating meat. My parents on a cattle ranch. I've killed animals by hunting and slaughter on said ranch. Live your life like you want, I'll do the same. If you don't like it, too god damned bad.
>>
File: slice.jpg (889 KB, 2673x1709) Image search: [Google]
slice.jpg
889 KB, 2673x1709
pic related is a nice hobby and means to have own cured meats to one's taste and without any preservatives or additives

contents:
pork meat (ham)
pork fat (back)
salt
sugar
ground garlic
spices

smoked and naturally cured, packed in vacuum when done
>>
>>79056867
Really? I've wanted to try horse, but I thought it'd be really tough and sinewy
>>
Irish guy saying vegetables alone can feed a nation. How did that potato thing work out for you?
>>
You need meat for protein, vegetarians are cutting down the rainforest to grow soya beans.
>>
File: 1467127839615.jpg (207 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
1467127839615.jpg
207 KB, 650x650
>>
>>79051794
>billions of farm animals would just be allowed to chill out and consume human agricultural produce if meat was banned

VEGANS ACTUALLY BELIEVE THIS
>>
>>79052359
Bingo bango. No more needs to be said.
>>
>>79064919
kek
>>
Been vegetarian for 7 years now pal.

I've tried to go full vegan but it's so hard, I have neither the time or money to live like that.
>>
File: 1466702393715.jpg (129 KB, 699x699) Image search: [Google]
1466702393715.jpg
129 KB, 699x699
>>79064919
>>
>>79051794
I'm going to have a steak dinner tonight, just for you OP
>>
File: Cds7lt8WwAA564m.jpg (25 KB, 390x345) Image search: [Google]
Cds7lt8WwAA564m.jpg
25 KB, 390x345
>>79051794

Friendly reminder that Vegetarianism doesn't exist. Eating animals is a cyclilcal part of nature; if we don't eat them when they die, the insects will.

Also, I just so happened to evolve with the desire to bite into flesh.

PS. Only pussies and faggots are vegetarians.
>>
>>79051794
>vegetarian
A moral half measure, dairy cows are kept perpetually pregnant and the offspring go to the meat industry.
If you really cared about animal suffering you would go full vegan.
>>
>>79051794
I like what this image is trying to portray
>man on the right has food to eat
>dumb hippy from the other side is about to be crushed to death by his attempts to tear down logic
>>
File: 1466985881097.jpg (27 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466985881097.jpg
27 KB, 500x500
>>79051794
>>
Ya'll nigger already forgot this story here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/05/23/woman-trying-to-prove-vegans-can-do-anything-among-three-dead-on-everest-two-more-missing-and-thirty-sick-or-frostbitten/
>>
>>79051794
Welp I'm kinda forced to do now since I got gout. My doctor also wants me to get down to 180 lbs since I'm currently sitting at 205.
>>
OP, just wanted to tell you that I'll research this topic more and more thanks your efforts, I'm not one when facing new evidence for something I believe to not at least consider it. and the against arguments on this thread have been pathetic, to be fair.

right now, i cant see myself stop eating meat and fish, but i'll research this and think about it.
>>
>>79051794
Been a vegeterian for a year now, mostly because economic reasons, I honestly don't care that much for the animals but I don't want to support the meat industry even if Swedish laws is pretty okay to cows and chicken.
Thread replies: 124
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.