[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys think of atheist conservatives? I'm not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: 22-planet-hillary-3-blog480-1.jpg (56 KB, 480x558) Image search: [Google]
22-planet-hillary-3-blog480-1.jpg
56 KB, 480x558
What do you guys think of atheist conservatives?

I'm not talking militant neckbeard types, but those who don't talk about it. I'm an atheist, and I have been for many years now, but I'm also a Trump supporting conservative.
>>
>>79049007

I'm an atheist conservative, and one of the biggest issues with today's society has been the decline of moral and ethical reasoning due to the left's fascination with furthering degeneracy.

There was a period in time when I was an ultra-left fedora tipper, but seeing the decline of society over the last decade has changed my perspective a great deal. It helps being 30, as I grew up as a liberal who fiercely believed in things such as free speech against the religious right of the 90's. It's almost comical that it is now the right that protects the First Amendment, with the left wing doing everything in their power to quash it.

As to religion itself, I've never bought it factually, even as a child. That skepticism only increased as I completed a degree in the hard sciences. However, the effects of religion seem to be necessary for a well functioning populace. I'd much rather be surrounded by Christians than deal with preening atheists who know little more than their Dawkins bullet-points. That said, I will roll my eyes at those overly religious, as they are the same sort of problem as the "hard atheists" only in opposite.
>>
>>79049928
/thread
i use to be an ultra lefty artiest as well but then i saw all the degeneracy around me and decided i much rather be in the company of Christians than some edge-lord fedora tipping atheists
>>
>>79050211
*atheist
and praise kek
>>
File: 1466910924268.png (53 KB, 1332x181) Image search: [Google]
1466910924268.png
53 KB, 1332x181
really makes you think....
>>
>>79049928
That's basically how I was. In my early teens I was a liberal and outspoken atheist. After a year I stopped being so outspoken about it, and several years later went from being a moderate to more conservative. I'm a lot happier with who I am today and my political standing.

Society now is not what I want my children to grow up in. There is no more values on healthy relationships, the acceptance of everyone is a fallacy in that everything will be okay if we let everyone in our country. I don't want the wealth my family worked hard building to be taxed to shit and given to people who do less than I/my family did.
>>
I cared when I was a teenager. I don't anymore. I'm not forced to put up with catholic bullshit. Although I'd much rather prefer if children in school weren't mass-fed religious pseudo-ethics that turn them into far-right meme-spouting hoolygans.
>>
>>79050654

I think one of the areas where I still differ a great deal from many "true conservatives," is that I honestly do not care an iota about degeneracy behind closed doors.

I probably have always had some level of libertarian bent, but my view on society has always been very businesslike. You have your outward face and your inward one. If some cuck enjoys getting fucked by his mistress' strap-on, more power to him. However, when you exist in society, then one is expected to present themselves in a manner that is dignified and acceptable.

I never had issue with any of these so-called degenerate elements of the population until they attempted to invade public life. If you want to call yourself a woman despite having XY chromosomes, so be it. However, if you demand that I do so publicly, on threat of social or career censure, that is where a line is irrevocably crossed.

Christians at the very least seem to have a rather set moral compass, whereas portions of the left seem to be eating themselves over who is perceived to be more weighed down by society. When Christianity was the dominant player, society was functioning well. Really, the consequences of such changes speak for themselves.

I do not want to rear a family in a world in which my child would have to defend being white as if it was some mark of past wrongdoing. I'm not forwarding either taking pride simply for being born with skin color, as unearned pride is worth very little.

I have a hard time understanding how people fail to recognize that society is sick, and that a return to more traditional values is the panacea. All this "hope and change," bullshit isn't worth anything unless the change brings positive progress.
>>
>>79049007
>atheist
>conservative
kill yourself
>>
>>79052873
No values on healthy relationships I mean cheating is openly accepted now and viewed as a joke by niggers mostly. Women settle for niggers but get fucked over all the time.

And hooking up is one thing, but it gets to a point where its too much.
>>
>>79053436

>No values on healthy relationships I mean cheating is openly accepted now

Oh, I completely agree with your sentiments. People seem to have lost the abilities of self-restraint and any concept of honor. Worse than that, people actually look disdainfully at those who are ethical and moral, regardless. This shows how sick and cynical society has become, when people roll their eyes at those who actually stand-up for values. Society is very much becoming Huxley's Brave New World, over the Orwellian 1984.

That said, I'll have to check up on this thread later, as I'm going to go work out and be /fit/. Though, maybe I could just convince myself that I'm healthy at any size, all the while popping Xanax and Prozac like it came from a Pez dispenser. Best of luck to you.
>>
File: based_pepe.jpg (8 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
based_pepe.jpg
8 KB, 320x320
>>79049928
I'm 27 and basically agree with everything you said. I really regret being a militant fedora tipper.
>>
>>79049007
They're fine as long as they keep it to themselves and don't spread it.

t. agnostic
>>
File: 123.jpg (104 KB, 620x420) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
104 KB, 620x420
>>79050448
Fuck. That really did make me think. What the fuck happened with the world?
>>
>>79049007
>What do you guys think of atheist conservatives?
This describes over half the posters here.
>>
>>79049007
I am one too. Conservative on most issues to a large degree, especially immigration. But the notion of some god making everything is fucking ridiculous.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.