[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it that University is a system where people can freely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
Why is it that University is a system where people can freely choose what to learn and devote their lives towards but school is not?

If it's a question of age and lack of experience, then wouldn't it make more sense to teach children about different careers rather than the subjects which are used in those careers? For example, why would a child care about learning maths when what they really want to do is be a programmer but they have no idea that programming involves maths and only a certain type of maths?

You have some choice of what subjects you want to learn later in high school but 30 minutes a day 3 days a week is not enough time to do or learn anything, especially when you are absorbing 5 other lessons with 5 different subjects that same day. Nobody wants to be forced to learn. Forcing someone to learn against their will will only serve to undermine their enthusiasm.

Only certain people decide to do maths at University, why would those people want to learn English or do PE? There is absolutely no connection between those three different subjects. Learning advanced maths or english in high school is not going to benefit your decision to be a carpenter. You learn maths a lot more effectively when you're using it in a practical application when you're doing a trade as opposed to learning the theory in a classroom. The ability to multiply and get figures in your head without a calculator is not taught in school which is a skill that many tradespeople need and they pick it up on the job.
>>
File: LkARIDr.png (137 KB, 526x436) Image search: [Google]
LkARIDr.png
137 KB, 526x436
>>79018576
I enjoyed having my time structured at school. A clear schedule helps me think.

Since I left I've felt aimless in the world, become a depressed shut-in.
>>
>>79018576
>tumblr nose
>>
>>79018662
That's because you were conditioned in your formative years to have other people make decisions for you. Western society doesn't give children the autonomy and freedom that certain European nations do.
>>
>>79018576
what kind of aussie banter is this

doesn't feel strong enough

Do I have to turn my display upside down to get it or what
>>
>>79018821
Maybe I don't desire "freedom" and autonomy. What a load of feel good normie bullshit.
>>
>>79018973
You don't desire it because your parents and school robbed it from you when you were still a small child.
>>
>>79018973
looks like you have been totally jewified and emasculated
>>
>>79018576
>why are adults allowed to do stuff but childs aren't
Sage
>>
>>79019193
So why send children to school at all? Does it really take 13 years to learn some basic English and maths skills? By that time they're burnt out.
>>
File: Enough-06.jpg (24 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
Enough-06.jpg
24 KB, 495x495
>>79019099
No, it just doesn't interest me. My parents were pretty easy going and I could've been "autonomous" but I just had no interest in doing so. I'm not interested in individualism, or caring for people, and I don't buy into the bullshit conception of freedom which lets people become drug using and hedonistic degenerates. I don't get where you're getting this stuff from. I don't feel like I've been robbed at all. Take the black pill.

Normie genocide when?

>>79019138
>da jooos

ebin
>>
>>79018576
>30 minutes a day 3 days a week
>5 other lessons

What the fuck?
>>
>>79019730
I bet u voted remain
>>
File: comfy.jpg (365 KB, 750x725) Image search: [Google]
comfy.jpg
365 KB, 750x725
>>79020237
nope, Leave
>>
>>79018576
Most people are scum and would do stupid shit/would not do work if they were given the option.

Just look at the hordes of landwhales doing gender studies, a useless degree for which there is no demand for. Giving them too much choice in high school would basically be that (but funded by the state as high school is generally public)
>>
Look what happens when kids go to college. Most of them turn into liberal leftist retards. We have "college" to thank for Black Lives Matter, 3rd Wave Feminism, etc etc.

We just have to face the fact that in todays society, anyone 21 and under does not have fucking clue how the world works, and they should be strictly monitored and have structure in their lives. At the very least they should have to work for a few years before going off to college to learn how the real world works.
>>
>>79018576
>30 mins 3 days a week

wtf school did you go to fag, we had 60-70 min classes 3 days per week
>>
>>79023631
No one cares you yuppie private school coat-tail rider.
>>
>>79023811
nothing private about my school you fuck. Dont blame you for thinking so, since the school explained sounds fucking degenerate.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.