[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/, I'm looking for some spiritual and theological
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: image.png (231 KB, 678x678) Image search: [Google]
image.png
231 KB, 678x678
Hey /pol/, I'm looking for some spiritual and theological advice. I'm currently a member of the Methodest Church and I've grown to disagree with the basic principle of "self priesthood". Also, most Methodist and other prodistant churches are now LGBT affirming and I cannot take it anymore.

I'm looking to convert to one of the more conservative parts of christanity and I'm debating about Catholicism or Orthodoxy. I've read many catholic authors and they seem like good, God fearing men, but when you actually look at the regular people attending Catholic Mass, it's nothing more than old white liberals. I don't know much about orthodoxy so I'll reserve judgement.

Any anons have some good advice for me?
>>
>>78985204
Southern Baptist
Very conservative
>>
>>78985204

Excommunication
>>
Catholicism is on the same path as the Methodists. If you want conservative, I would say go Baptist. Catholics are fags.

Source: Am a missionary baptist. Best friend is a methodest preacher.
>>
I can only speak as a Catholic, but you have to shop around to find a good congregation and a good set of priests.
>>
>>78985532
I was thinking about that, but I just have a fundamental disagreement with self priesthood. I believe that Christians can never been united if everyone is allowed to inturpurait the word of God differently
>>
>>78985635
I live in a smallish town in the Midwest and we only have one Catholic Church in about 45 miles
>>
File: fsfsfe.jpg (126 KB, 848x1300) Image search: [Google]
fsfsfe.jpg
126 KB, 848x1300
>>78985532
FPBP. Come join us OP, it's True American Christianity

http://www.sbc.net/bfm2000/bfm2000.asp
>>
>>78985707
Y, salvation is dependent on your faith in Christ, not what a man in a funny hat says, Catholics teach non biblical doctrines, you would be better off staying Methodist
>>
>>78985635
Meant to reply to >>78985659
>>
>>78985906
Calvinist or Arminian
>>
>>78985934
Yeah, I know. If you're going to jump denominations anyway then you might as well play the field in your area a bit to see what mix of practicality and ideology speaks to you. In some sense, that's against your original complaint of self-interpretation, but it seems like you have already self-interpreted a certainty that what you're doing now isn't right.
>>
>>78986055
Arminian. Why do you ask?
>>
>>78986431
Oh I'm a Calvinist
>>
>>78985532
>be Southron Nationalist
>Be Catholic
it's suffering
>>
>>78987253
Be Baptist, super conservative, strong sermon based services
>>
>shopping around for a religion

isn't that kind of admitting you know it's not real?
>>
>>78987546
I know it's real, it's more about finding a church that is biblically consistent and meets your taste
>>
>>78987546

Let them be, they are in their home of the crazy religions. IN GOD WE TRUST HURR DURR
>>
>>78987546
Eh, more like seeking the truth. Follow your heart. I wasn't raised into any religion, but I felt called towards the Baptist church
>>
>>78987546
No, it's knowing what's real and what's not.
>>
File: Kek.jpg (301 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
301 KB, 2000x1000
>Catholic.
>>
>>78987748
What's keeping you from putting your trust in Christ
>>
File: pope.jpg (26 KB, 340x315) Image search: [Google]
pope.jpg
26 KB, 340x315
>>78987546
great logic, as always, freethinker
>>
>>78987988
No such thing
>>
>>78987949

I feel like I am actively restricting my so called mental spirit and my thoughts to a set limit, if I serve as a follower to a god. I feel like I would then give in to the imagination of being a helpless mere human, who cannot stand on his feet without god's help.
>>
>>78985204
God is not real.
>>
>>78988303
Would you say that Joshua and Moses stood helpless,

If God is with you, no one can stand against you,
>>
>>78988303
God doesn't want helpless human beings. You have total choice to do whatever you can imagine. I don't know what kind of imagination you have that would make God a problem.
>>
Atheist here. What sort of church should I go to for finding a girl that isn't a complete degenerate psychopath?

Hard mode: I'm in Washington state west of the Cascades.
>>
>>78988303
Do you not understand that what you described is exactly what you are, or are you simply too filled with pride to accept it? We all stand in need of God's mercy, in need of Christ. We cannot stand alone. Weakness, yes, we are quite weak, but to quote St. Paul, God's strength is perfected in our weakness.
>>
>>78985204
I would suggest a more fundamental church. Like Church Of Christ. They don't do that at all.
>>
>>78988664
wew lad that is hard. No clue unless you get a girl from the country side or something
>>
The major difference between Catholics and Orthodox is that the Catholics believe in a theological basis for the Bishop of Rome to have supremacy over all other bishops. Orthodox believe the Bishop of Rome has a merely ceremonial distinction over other bishops. This is a historical question you can investigate yourself but studying how the early church operated.

I'm a Catholic. I think it is unrealistic the way the Orthodox believe the Church can remain unified and orthodox without central authority. Institutions don't tend to work that way.
>>
>>78988664
None.
>>
>>78988360
Yes he is and you know he exists
Romans 1:18-22
Your stoborness is keeping you from being saved, without Christ, you will be held accountable for every lie, theft, Blasphamous words, etc before a just and holy God,

Change your mind and put your trust in Christ, it's that simple, why are you trying so hard to damn yourself
>>
>>78988664
Put your trust in Christ, and the Holy Spirit will guide you
>>
>>78985204
Catholicism has tons of conservatives too. Especially the smaller the town is. Super Super Liberals aren't catholic in general, but a lot of Christianity is all about voluntary redistribution of wealth, so I don't know if you can get away from a few Liberal ideas in general
>>
>>78985204
7th day Adventist
>>
>>78988664
I visited seatlle and if i wasn't a junky the amount of needle caps and whole needles i saw was disgusting.

I've walked through ghettos where i score without seeing any needles because that shit isn't tolerated.

And that's the key word, tolerance. It ruined Colorado and from what i saw it ruined WA as well.

Dont even get me started on the Tent cities. I'm not your typical /pol/ authoritarian anti-degeneracy guy but this was just too much. You had children walking around and there's just uncapped syringes in the parking lot.

Seriously WTF. alot of places have heroin problems but your users are inconsiderate as fuck.

I always break my needle and throw it in like a coke bottle then close the bottle THEN throw it away. Tossing it on the floor like its a cigarette butt is insane.

wtf i hate Seattle now
>>
>>78988718

Would you agree that you make yourself weak by believing that you are born in god's mercy and in need of christ? Isn't that all a mind game?

The regret of not having believed in a god before you die, is the thing that keeps you away from abandonning your faith. You fear that you won't come in the paradise or that your judgement will go not well, if Jesus comes on the promised day.

You set yourself in a submissive position.

I don't want that.
>>
File: images.png (4 KB, 189x267) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4 KB, 189x267
>>78985204
Southern Baptist, no queers there
Presbyterian Church PCA also not pozzed

Both were founded proslavery in schisms around the time of the States' War. Both reject faggotry to this day. Both a full up with gun toting rednecks.
>>
>>78985532
>pro-refugee
>conservative
>>
>>78988822
>countryside
That might be doable, actually. I live a short drive from countryside and Indian reservations.

>>78987546
I can appreciate the philosophy without literally believing the stories in the Bible. The things that Christianity promotes aren't necessarily 100% aligned with how reality works, but it's a good framework for building decent human beings compared to edgy nihilism or Islam or what have you.
>>
I've tried christianity and islam, and I just couldn't have faith.

I'm jealous of all of you. I really wish there was a God but I don't believe there is one. I'm not a fedora. I really wish I could believe. How does one foster faith?

I was led to islam because the trinity confused me. Said the shahada and everything but then gave up the next day because i was just kidding myself. I've considered of becoming catholic for a few years but never took the plunge. The faith required is a huge barrier for me. I don't even think that science disproves any of it, it makes sense to me that there could be a God. But I juts can't believe!

How do I fix this?

I know now that islam was a mistake and if I was to ever believe I would choose Christianity.
>>
>>78985532
T H I S

H

I

S

Southern Baptists have gotten a tad liberial. Best stick to independent baptist. The hottest most faithful chicks are Baptists too OP.

Don't fall for the Catholic meme and their fag pope. Or the Orthodox and their Icon worship. Be a real man and forge a deep personal connection with God.
>>
>>78985532
>Southern Baptist

I was raised as Baptist.

Degenerate as fuck desu
>>
>>78988664
If you don't believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, then stay away from church. That's very disrespectful, on the level of going to AA without being an alcoholic just to pick up temperance chicks
>>
>>78989308
Southern Baptist is usually pretty based. I agree. I'm not so sure on the mega churches but the one I recently went to I was really shocked that the doctrine was fine.
>>
>>78987748
>flag is a cross
>doesn't believe in Christ

Will the Swiss ever truly recover?
>>
>>78989286
Nope, the fact is that all have sinned and missed the mark of Gods standard, none of us deserve to be with God, we all deserve to be cut off from his presence.

Jesus made it so that those who put their trust in him will have their sins forgiven
John 3:14-end
>>
>>78985204
i need some advice pol
i was really religious when i was young so where my parents.
the thing is i want to go back to church . The problem is i have not been to church in 14 years .
i have no idea what to do. If i will piss anybody off or not.
>>
>>78989316
Most baptist are intolerant of Islam, atleast in the south
>>
File: 1466102440406.jpg (89 KB, 1261x943) Image search: [Google]
1466102440406.jpg
89 KB, 1261x943
>>78989436
>The hottest most faithful chicks are Baptists too OP.

L M F A O

M

F

A

O

Biggest sluts in the South walk out of Baptist Churches.

They also can't into safe sexual practices.

Enjoy your herpes.
>>
>>78989476
There are Goats in every denomination, but doctrine is based
>>
>>78989820
Why do you think people will be pissed? Did you go through an in-your-face atheism face or something?
>>
File: hugely smug trump.jpg (1 MB, 5000x4777) Image search: [Google]
hugely smug trump.jpg
1 MB, 5000x4777
>>78989496
>on the level of going to AA without being an alcoholic just to pick up temperance chicks
Hey, that's not a bad idea. Thanks.
>>
>>78985204

Orthodoxy
>>
>>78989389
Whenever I post on this website noone ever responds. I don't know why I bother. I at least expected ">lol islam" responses.
>>
>>78989389
Faith is a journey. Maybe some day you will be called, or you will call and an answer will come.
>>
>>78989731

The US is far more religious and Switzerland's youth expiriences the european atheistic shift. Church gets more and more irrelevant.

>tru story

I visited 3 years a school in a catholic monastery of the benedictines. The only thing I found positive in religion was the community and the bonds and relationship these priests had with each other. The faith was just a tool to accomplish that.
>>
>>78990001
This.
Just remember that being an Orthodox in America is suffering. Finding a church to attend can be really shitty.
>>
>>78989946
i do not know i stopped going to church at age 6 .
They few memories i have of church was watching vegetales in a huge tv in the middle of the church.
so i want to be careful. i have fucked up many things in my life. But i do not want to fuck this up.
>>
>>78989970
If this isn't bait...

Don't do that. Living with an alcoholic is an absolute nightmare. It is nothing but misery.
>>
>>78989389
Read Romans 1

God has made himself known to you, but the suppressing power of sin can blind people from the truth

You need to fall on your face, ask God for repentance/changed mind and then put your trust in Christ

Suggested passages
Romans 1
John 3
Romans 10
>>
>>78990172
>age 6

Anon you weren't even old enough to understand the gospel! Go to different churches and attend their service, see if you feel at home. Talk to the pastor/priest about the religion he preaches. They'll be more than happy to welcome you in. It's their life's mission to help sinners walk with Christ
>>
>>78990130
Well if you don't believe in anything, maybe you should just have a blank flag ;^)
>>
>>78990157

Depends on where you live. There's four different parishes in my city.
>>
>>78989747

>cut off from his presence

This really eradicates any doubts about an existence of a god, amirite?
>>
What is the appeal of being part of a specific denomination? Is it the sense of community?

Is it hard to love God without a church?
>>
File: 1386881244320.jpg (73 KB, 789x444) Image search: [Google]
1386881244320.jpg
73 KB, 789x444
>try to destroy Christianity
>end up as Islam's bitch

I think the choice is clearer than it's ever been lads.
>>
I'm not religious besides believing in God, but my dad basically said to me that Gof is a spirit who reveals himself to people in spiritual ways. Does anyone have any experiences with God the spirit revealing himself to them? How'd you know it was him?
>>
>>78990511
That's what hell is, eternal separation from God, no love, no joy, no happiness
Maybe the fire is real maybe it's just an internal burning of torment
>>
>>78990572
Nope, but church is good for Christians
>>
>>78990501

Lmfao, ofc. You've got no clue what it really means to be a Swiss. We got religious freedom. We are not the christian republic you try to project on us.

I am sad that the only one who can give you hope in moments of despair, is just a product of a fantasy a lot of people believe in.

Farewell Spiritual Amerianon.
>>
>>78990572
I'm in my denomination because I was born into it, my whole family is a part of it, and there's nothing so bad about it or so good about a different one that I want to change. That's really about it for me. I like to speak with people from other denominations just in case I'm really wrong about something important.

You can love God without a church, but what are you going to become a bible-expert monk on your own instead of taking at least some guidance from people who have already started arguing about whose wheel is best because it had been invented for that long already?
>>
>>78990572
Yes, it's the sense of community and identity among Christ's disciples. But their are plenty of nondenominational churches around.

Church is about worshiping the Lord, performing certain rituals like communion, and allowing the preacher to teach the gospel. You could do this at home, but I don't believe it would be the same.
>>
>>78985532
Conservative my ass. The Southern Baptists just threw their own founders under the bus by telling their congregations that people shouldn't be allowed to fly Confederate flags anymore because it offends niggers even though the Confederate flag is a Christian symbol and the Southern Baptist Convention was founded by Confederates and practically all of their preachers back in the day were Confederate veterans. All the SBC can do anymore is cry about fags having buttsex and trannies cutting their dicks off while their churches die off.
>>
>>78990643
Yes, sometimes it's an emotional outburst, or sometimes it's revelation through events i.e. Thinking about something and having the question answered randomly by some event
>>
>>78989496
Someone should have told my parents and grandparents then. I was raised Jewish but got dragged to Catholic Mass every Easter and Christmas with that side of my family.

>>78989970
>>78990249
In case you couldn't tell, that was dripping with sarcasm. I thought the reaction face was a tip off but I guess not.
>>
>>78990795

We all know the Swiss religion is worshipping hordes of gold in dank mountain caves.
>>
>>78990496
thank u anon i will do that
>>
>>78990793
So what is the appeal then mate?

Is it because your reading comprehension is so poor you need someone to read the bible to you?
>>
>>78990572
I think most people just feel like they have to go or else they're a degenerate sinner. Wasn't Jesus anti-Church/Synagogue?
>>
>>78990643
Noone knows. Confirmation bias, when something good/ something whished for happens
>>
>>78985204
Check out the podcasts on Ancient Faith Radio.
>>
>>78991030

and chocolate! Don't forget that!
>>
>>78990945
Well it's hard to share the gospel with someone if they are offended by a flag at your church. If a person didn't accept Christ because they saw the confederate flag and went to hell, don't you think God will hold that church accountable
>>
>>78990643
I have many life experiences where I happened to be in the exact right place at the exact right time, and I always thought to myself "This was meant to happen. I fulfilled part of my destiny at this moment."

One of the most intense spiritual experiences was when I was high, I just came to a certain revelation. I felt a divine presence with me, and I felt so connected to the earth. I got lost in meditation and prayer, and I kept talking about how much I love Jesus Christ. It also made me realize how I was living in sin and how I needed to stop using drugs so much and stop giving in to sexual temptations. Take that as you will.
>>
>>78991213
Now wait just a minute here. Chocolate wrapped in gold? Isn't that what the Jews give each other for holidays?
>>
I'm a former Episcopalian and recently started going to an Anglican Church of North America. I'm not familiar with the history but is it true the Episcopal church was dropped from the worldwide Anglican Communion? Is the Anglican Church in North America more conservative? The vicar was going on about being at struggle with the Episcopal Church but I have no idea why I didn't get a chance to ask him.
>>
>>78991344
Only Hannukah. There's also ancient steganography, celebration of terrorism, and magic rituals to make oil reserves last longer than they should.
>>
>>78989275
I can only imagine the Catholics embracing tolerance because their numbers are failiing to the point where they need fresh blood to pick up the slack in terms of both money and manpower.

Or is this not the case? Francis is basically if Bernie Sanders was pope
>>
>>78991084
No it's about gathering together with other Beleivers to praise God and have fellowship, there are also other benefits like networking, making friends who are also Christ minded, and finding a girl who loves God
>>
File: 7000_0202.jpg (95 KB, 709x709) Image search: [Google]
7000_0202.jpg
95 KB, 709x709
>>78991344

Are you asking for real? Idk about Judaism
>>
File: 1466028087514.jpg (51 KB, 489x699) Image search: [Google]
1466028087514.jpg
51 KB, 489x699
>>78985204
Catholic. Only Church founded by Jesus on Peter.
>>
>>78991455
Yeah that's basically it. Catholicism has been going downhill longer than I've been alive, starting with the end of Latin Mass.
>>
File: 546132487874.gif (435 KB, 219x175) Image search: [Google]
546132487874.gif
435 KB, 219x175
>>78991339
>>78991339
>One of the most intense spiritual experiences was when I was high

Why am I not suprised
>>
>>78985204
There are plenty of conversative Catholic congregations in the USA, and I would greatly advice you put in the effort to find a close by one.

Orthodoxy, if you must, is a path that the church respects and recognizes as a valid sacramentally, even if they do not offer full communion with the church.
>>
>>78991061
Happy to help. Peace be with you, neighbor <3

>>78991024
If you're participating in the rituals out of respect for your family members that's one thing. If you're just sitting in the pews to find a qt3.14, that's bad. The church is not your home if you aren't Christian. You'd be a guest.
>>
>>78991503
And let's not forget the bible is like a million pages long, and that's just for one translation, let alone figuring out what it all exactly means.

>>78991536
No, you can actually get chocolate coins wrapped in gold foil during Hannukah here. It's funny as hell.
>>
>>78991288
They're telling members of the church to not fly the flags in their own homes. There isn't a single Southern Baptist church that flies the flag in the church before this "great idea" of theirs anyway. They're also helping Muslims build mosques too on top of it. They're selling out our ancestors and country in hopes of more tithing dollars. They're no better than the money changers in the temple.
>>
File: 1466749761963.png (217 KB, 329x461) Image search: [Google]
1466749761963.png
217 KB, 329x461
>tfw you've read a bunch of holy texts and gone to all kind of churches and the only one you think makes any kind of real sense is the book of the dead and ancient Egyptian religion in general

Not even a kekposter. How does one practice such ancient arcane rituals?
>>
>>78991536
I suspect the Swiss and Jewish traditions come from the same place given that the word for the Hannukah candy is "gelt", and they look exactly the same except for the patterns imprinted on the chocolate.
>>
>>78991288

I've always hated the eternal hell bullshit.

If god loves his creations why would he damn them to eternal suffering?

On that same note, heaven sounds really fucking boring, I mean god created the universe for a reason, no?
>>
>>78991695
Come on over to Trumpgen. You'll learn through memetic osmosis, or get weirded out and leave.
>>
>>78991687
Hey if you're a Baptised Beleiver in Christ, you can start your own confederate baptist church
>>
>>78991536
The Jewish people originally gave gifts of coin to their children and loved ones but over time this evolved into the chocolate gold coins as it was more easily afforded for most.
>>
File: Pope-kissing-feet.jpg (76 KB, 700x405) Image search: [Google]
Pope-kissing-feet.jpg
76 KB, 700x405
daily reminder christians are cucks
>>
>>78991937
Aaaaaaand that's why I don't trust Catholicism in a nutshell.
>>
>>78990083
>>78990395
Thank you. I still just.. don't believe and it sucks. Could it be all my drinking? I'm struggling with alcoholism.
>>
>>78991687
Reminder that Baptist churches have no central authority to adhere to, and they are free to independently practice as they please.

The Convention is more for fundraising and discussion. It's not like the Vatican in any way.
>>
>>78991833
Continue to ignore the problem. Before you know it you'll be defending fag tranny woman preachers in the church and Muslims raping your daughter because the SBC said it's tolerant. A true believer in Christ should tackle corruption within their church at every turn and not think something is good because it'll let them fit in with the modern world.
>>
>>78988582
They have the mind of the flesh.
>>
>>78991937
Not all of them give a shit about that shady character, including many Roman Catholics.
to help folks get over it.
>>
>>78991785
If people don't want to be with God, and want to do their own thing, why should God force them to be with him
From my understanding of total depravity, people will probably throw themselves in hell to get away from God, the problem is by getting away from God, they are completely given over to their dapravity and also lose all the good that is given from God
>>
>>78992034
I didn't believe well before I started drinking. But if you're struggling and you need help, then ask for it. There's no magic cure for that, and if you don't get help from option A, then move to option B. Eventually, you'll have to be the one to help yourself anyway.

Seek and thou shalt receive.
God helps those who help themselves.
>>
>>78992034
Put your trust in Christ tonight, and the Holy Spirit will guide you to help
>>
>>78985204
Listen to the pope, guaranteed top results
>>
>>78992125
I won't, and when it comes to that, I will be making my own church to
>>
>>78992037
Indeed but do you think the churches are going to ignore this declaration? Do you think the SBC won't kick out the ones that do refuse because it'll hurt the Convention's "image?" Preachers have already sent butthurt letters to the Sons of Confederate Veterans because of members leaving over this and demanding them to tell the members to go back and put up with it. The true founders of the Convention would be ashamed to see the state it's in now.
>>
>>78991503
>>78991673

Is it a common belief among your denomination that there is a physical hell that you will be sent to if you sin, or is more of a metaphorical type deal?

Does it comfort you to know that bad men will be punished in this life and next?
>>
>>78989389
Read the Bible
Pray for faith
Find scriptures that speak to you
Faith is hard now as the Church is falling apart in many ways
Seek and you shall find
>>
File: We have killed Him.jpg (310 KB, 1134x1056) Image search: [Google]
We have killed Him.jpg
310 KB, 1134x1056
>>
>>78992518
My parents and before grew up before Vatican II, and they joke and laugh about how they were terrorized into even lying over the threat of going to hell.

I grew up after Vatican II and never heard a single thing about hell.

I suspect the answer is somewhere in the middle. What I would do is look into the story of the Archangel Lucifer, which I'd never heard of until I stumbled across it on my own. Or even just "The Inferno" by Dante which for some reason I wound up reading in high school. What happens to bad men? It doesn't comfort me to see them punished; rather I think they live in a hell of their own making.
>>
>>78992871
Funny you mention hell of their own making. Emmanuel Swedenborg pushed this very idea. That hell itself wasn't a terrible place but that the people sent there are what make it terrible because they continue to do the horrible things they did on Earth but now they can't do it to the innocent faithful so they have to do it to each other. If nothing else it's an interesting interpretation of hell.
>>
>>78992518
Not really because had it not been for Christ, I would go there too.

Hell is physical concius torment, but it's not like the medieval paintings of an eternal tortoure chamber, the fire might be literall or it might not be, but you are eternally cut off from God, and you are eternally given over to your sinful nature. A sample of this on earth can be found in Romans 1, so it's not a place you should want to go to.

If you are bothered by the thought of Going there you need to put your trust in Christ alone for your salvation John 3

Heaven is the exact opposite of hell, in the presence of God, no tears, constant joy and happiness
>>
>>78985204
You have five options if you want to remain Christian.

1) Catholic. Unfortunately, everything post-Vatican II has been a steady march to degeneracy and heresy, but it is still better than most Protestants.

2) Orthodox. Inferior to pre-Vatican II Catholicism, but probably the best old-school Christianity you will find. Probably the most difficult to find/get into.

3) Mormon. The LDS church gets around the issue most Protestants face by claiming a restoration of the priesthood. Has resisted degeneracy, but most Mormons have a hard-on for Jews and will do anything for the State of Israel.

4. Protestant, specifically Baptist. Although it varies depending on where you are, can be some of the most conservative Christians anywhere. Some are great communities, others are full of hypocrites. Unfortunately, all Protestants struggle with the lack of a link to Peter.

5. Non-denominational.
>>
>>78989436
Your soul will burn heretic!
>>
File: no.jpg (20 KB, 450x302) Image search: [Google]
no.jpg
20 KB, 450x302
>>78993681
>mormon
>christian
opinion discarded
>>
>>78991687
I agree with you anon. Life long SBC member and I'm disgusted by the politics that have overtaken. They keep talking about "baptist heritage" and they don't seem to realize our ancestors with,d be rolling over in their grave at the fact that we have an "ERLC". The mosque thing was like a last straw for me. I can't help but be reminded of yuri Bensmenov (sp?) when he talks about the subversion of religion. Anyway, I was glad to see that there was pushback at the convention and calls for Russell Moore to step down. So not everyone is in board. If you are part of the SBC I hope you stay and try with others to make it the salt and light in the world again.
>>
>>78993152
Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net, that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into vessels, but cast the bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world: the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just, And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

What did he mean by that? I guess don't be wicked and then you won't have to wail and gnash your teeth?
>>
>>78989946
Just follow along with the people around you. Idk about Protestants, but Catholics don't care if you mess up.
>>
>>78994229
Have you kept the law to a T
>>
>>78994257
We even put little instruction booklets in the pews, and if you get there early, you can take a seat toward the back where nobody will see you and read through what's going to happen first.

>>78994395
No, I have not. I no more know what the law is to a T than I know the entire USC.
>>
How heretic (1-10) is being an Individual Christian?
>>
>>78985204
Traditional Latin Mass Catholicism
>>
>>78992871
I like to think bad men create their own hell too.

Thanks for the suggestions mate.
>>
>>78994461
James 2:10
If you stumble at one point of the law, you are guilty of them all, so in the eyes of God you will be wicked and deserving of hell
This is why Christ came, to save those who will put their trust in him John 3:16

So what is keeping you from putting your trust in Christ?
>>
Jehova's Witness
don't thank me
>>
File: Pol Churches 3.png (82 KB, 640x926) Image search: [Google]
Pol Churches 3.png
82 KB, 640x926
>>78985204

I'm looking too. Look into Traditionalist Catholics (Those who reject Vatican II). They're very conservative. There are liberal catholics, mainstream catholics, and traditionalist catholics.

Also this related pic might give you some good ideas and the link below might help:

http://www.selectsmart.com/FREE/freeResults.php
>>
>>78993164
I am just curious, I am not a religious man but appreciate the teachings.

I like to think that Earth is a reflection of the heavens to which man has been graced with the opportunity to create their own heaven or hell through their actions, which are to be constantly tested.

I thinks it more philosophical for me, but admittedly I know very little of your religion.
>>
>>78995158
What is keeping you from putting your trust in Christ
>>
>>78994909
Oddly enough, there's a similar concept in the legal system in that one is not exempt from being guilty of breaking laws that one does not know about. Too bad it got kind of Talmudic in complexity.

So I don't know what all the laws are exactly, but at the end of the day my trust is in God to do whatever with me is fit to do with me. I can only trust my heart to know right from wrong in the meanwhile.
>>
>>78995158
A good sermon to listen to would be sinners in the hands of an angry God by John Edwards, he was kind of a Puritan but he gives a pretty good position of the natural man and eternal torment

It's on YouTube
>>
File: Christ Chan 9.png (684 KB, 833x1350) Image search: [Google]
Christ Chan 9.png
684 KB, 833x1350
>>78985532
>>78985906
>>78986055
>>78987489

But aren't Southern Baptist churches disproportionately filled with older people?

Is there a conservative church with 18-25 year olds and preferably a skewed ratio in favor of females (In that age group)?

I'm a Christian and I want to belong to a Christian community and find friends and a wife there.
>>
>>78995158
You're very much invited to entertain it on more than just a philosophical level. I wouldn't have taken any further steps into it if it hadn't just plain made gosh darn good sense in the first place.
>>
>>78995308
I mean he will, that is the problem, if you were to die tonight, and you were judged by the law, would you be innocent or guilty of breaking the law
>>
>>78995521
Catholic, I think.
>>
>>78995521
Mine has a few people my age, I went to a bigger church in college and they had more people my age
>>
>>78995710
Which law? Temporal law? I've been forgiven for breaking it, and that's made me more law-abiding.

I once broke what I didn't know was one of God's laws, and He kicked my ass for it. That was really what turned me into a believer. I guess that's a form of forgiveness, too.
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1366x768
>>78989936
Anything Protdhit goes out the window. BAPSHITS CANNOT EXPLAIN THIS
>>
>>78985204
it's essentially the same, but orthodox is based more of eastern cultural values during Mass and they don't believe in the significance of the Pope. They're non-conformists, basically. I'm Catholic with an Orthodox friend. End of the day, orthodoxy is a branch of catholicism. The 'catholicism' you usually hear is actually roman catholicism, but it's generally not called the full name.

Either way it's essentially the same, but with cultural bias and no pope/yes pope.
>>
>>78995947
Have you read Isaiah 53, could you tell me who it sounds like
>>
>>78988961
>implying he give a fuck.
If you need an afterlife as an incentive to be a good person then you arent a good person
>>
>>78985204
LCMS
Catholicism
or Orthodoxy.

Personally I am LCMS because I truely belive in the doctrines but I would choose which ever local community you find most pleasant.
>>
>>78995959
If you're that agnostic guy from last night, you don't have a dog in this fight. If you wish to discuss this with me you need to repent and put your trust in Christ
>>
>>78996069
>If you need an afterlife as an incentive to be a good person then you arent a good person

I like this. This needs to be a big quote.
>>
>>78996036
No, I've not read it myself before, but that sounds like Jesus to me.
>>
File: blush456.gif (594 KB, 249x214) Image search: [Google]
blush456.gif
594 KB, 249x214
Christ babs are so adorable.
>>
>>78996155
Protshit arrogance in the face of illegitimacy being shown
>>
>>78996106
What do you think of WELS? I'm just curious since I like buying Christian books at Goodwill and recently got a copy of Luther's Catechism with notes by WELS.
>>
>>78996069
I'm not a good person, there is nothing I can do to earn heaven, the only reason I am going to heaven is because of what Christ did for me collossions 2:14 John 3:16
>>
Holy shit, /pol/ is having a civil and interesting debate

Am I dreaming?
>>
>>78995225
The organised religion aspect mainly.

For example, I am disgusted at what I see in my country. We have a large population of Polynesian people who would do anything for Him. As a result, we have a large, commercialised church that tells these people to go without so they can donate more, while the ''leader'' parks his brand new car at his mansion (see Destiny Church).

I can not blame the entire religion for this, but I feel it to be an example of how the church may exploit good people.
>>
File: nun32.jpg (149 KB, 850x1133) Image search: [Google]
nun32.jpg
149 KB, 850x1133
I used to be catholic but now I'm an atheist. Can I still be saved?
>>
File: image.jpg (399 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
399 KB, 1366x768
>>78996357
Of course that's not what PAUL said
>>
>>78996243
How about psalms 22
>>
>>78996609
By being anti prot, you'll be saved
>>
>>78996441
Any institution of man will be inherently flawed, just as we are. Just think about the Roman Catholic church and how the pope would rather tell us to appologize to gays all day long than lift a finger to purge the child molesters.

But that doesn't invalidate the word of God, and it also is a hard but good lesson in how even such egregiously flawed things as humans can make a fraction of good out of their hideous evils from a historical perspective.
>>
>>78987643
>Your tastes.

Not about Truth.
All about you, isn't it, bud?
>>
>>78996609
You must put your trust in Christ to be saved from Gods righteous judgement
John 3
>>
>>78996620
Never read that before, either, but I'm all on board.

Why do you keep asking?
>>
File: nun.png (191 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
nun.png
191 KB, 667x1000
>>78996775
O-Ok sempai.
>>
File: image.jpg (209 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
209 KB, 640x1136
>>78996775
Why do you lie? This is what sola Fide looks like
>>
File: image.jpg (293 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
293 KB, 640x1136
>>78996775
>>
>>78996441
It doesn't matter what church you go to or what good you do. All that matters is that you put your trust in Christ alone for your salvation John 3 Romans 10

If you do this, you enter a covenant with God, and the Holy Spirit will guide you to the truth
Please do this tonight, go into prayer, ask God to give you a changed mind, and put your trust in Christ tonight. You can be saved tonight if you do this
>>
>>78997239
OSAS is bullshit
>>
>>78996863
The prophets saw Christ coming in the Old Testament, he fulfilled the law of old
And instituted a covenant of grace.

Please put your trust in him
>>
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 640x1136
>>78997395
Stop deceiving people with your pathetic lies
>>
File: image.jpg (282 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
282 KB, 640x1136
>>78997395
Filthy scammer. Just die
>>
>>78997395
>Please put your trust in him
Can't say as I've ever considered him to be some kind of a scam artist.
>>
Catholicism
>>
File: image.jpg (340 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340 KB, 1366x768
>>78997715
That's because such kind of doctrine is naturally a scam
>>
>>78997715
Was Isaiah a scam artists?
>>
File: horus-jesus.jpg (36 KB, 499x480) Image search: [Google]
horus-jesus.jpg
36 KB, 499x480
>>78991583

Whatever you say Mama Isis.
>>
>>78997821
I've never met Isaiah to be honest. I wouldn't make a judgment about it without getting to know the guy.

As I said, I only became a believer after having a personal experience. Maybe I'm not a Holy Roller, but at least you posted some pretty good verses for all to see (even though both of us omitted the all-important links and pics.)
>>
>>78996615
>>78996357
You're own religion is fucking contradicting
>>
>>78997804
That's actually rather well written, although I might be biased based on having taken the name Paul.
>>
>>78998057
My friend, you are talking about Protestantism contrast with scholarship
>>
>>78998003
Isiah was a prophet, like Moses, Elijah, and all those fun people. If you trust the prophets, you should put your trust in Christ.
Fun fact. The original followers of Christ did not yet have the NT, so they used the OT to show that Jesus was the messiah
>>
>>78998237
Yes. That's because it's what Paul actually said, not twisted versions of him
>>
>>78998057
Elaborate pls
>>
>>78998186
Pot head
National socialist

Pick one
>>
>>78998334
Divine intervention strikes again, lol.
>>
>>78998329
The fact that they don't have the NT contradicts Sola ScriptUra.
>>
>>78991399
The Episcopals are indeed on shaky footing with the global anglican communion due to their new age, syncretistic, heretical nonsense like marrying homosexuals and ordaining them to the clergy. The Anglican Church of North America split off from them recently, they're pretty orthodox, traditional in their Biblical interpretation. I sympathize with them greatly, I'm a Lutheran who just left the ELCA for a parish in the North American Lutheran Church, which formed similarly to the Anglicans. It seems every major Christian denomination, from the Anglicans to the Lutherans to the Roman Catholics, are going through similar splits. Better to be part of a faithful, traditional Church in my opinion. I love my Eastern Orthodox brothers and sisters in that regard, but even they are having problems. Pray for the Church, friend, for the broad community of believers in Christ.
>>
To believe in God you need to be stupid or willfully ignorant.
>>
>>78998563
So explain to the folks at home what sola scriptura is so they know what we're all having a heated argument about.
>>
File: what is sola scriptura.jpg (1 MB, 1585x2053) Image search: [Google]
what is sola scriptura.jpg
1 MB, 1585x2053
>>78998563
you seem confused
>>
>>78998871
To deny God leads to absurdity
>>
>>78998925
Hahaha look at that definition. Guess Tradition which made the OT isn't infallible by that stupid protologist's definition!
>>
>>78998913
It means that Scripture Alone is the highest authority in all matters of faith. But this is ridiculous considering the history of the Bible and how Tradition is the very lens to read it!
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 640x1136
>>78998925
You use apolodicks, I use scholars
>>
>all these protestants
Just fuck my shit up.
>>
>>78985204
here is my advice :
God is dead. Everything you know is a lie. And there is no truth. All that is left is a meaningless sea. You have 2 choices. The first one is get depressed and die. The second one is creating meaning for your own life and making the stuff that makes your dick hard. It wellcome.
>>
>>78985204
Reminder these are /pol/ heritage threads

Also reminder
Jews are promoting atheism
And its the default position of bluepilled liberals, sjw's and other degenerates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkVC1gZInxQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0LhabQJ_-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NQOnjswuFI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish_atheism
http://www.haaretz.com/jewish/the-jewish-thinker/.premium-1.669381
http://www.shj.org/
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/secular-humanistic-judaism-rejecting-god/
http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/must-a-jew-believe-in-god/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/atheist-jews-judaism-without-god_n_978418.html
http://thehumanist.com/magazine/september-october-2014/humanist-living/jewish-atheists-and-koufax-jews
https://secularpolicyinstitute.net/numbers-the-rise-of-jewish-atheists/
>>
>>78996696
I will have to think about this more as it does not sit well with me.

>>78997239
I trust that I will be judged on my merits, not what I say.
>>
>>78999424
Is it true that there is no truth?
>>
How pozzed is eastern orthodoxy? There's a nice looking Ukrainian Orthodox church I live near that I'm interested in attending.
>>
File: 1465346951196.jpg (60 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1465346951196.jpg
60 KB, 360x360
>>78985204
Catholics here are pretty hardcore, at least on my neighborhood. Gay marriage is still illegal, and any kind of gay behavior is subjected to public ridicule.
>>
>>78999518
Is it true that Jesus said you are a moron?
>>
>>78999459
If you don't have Christ, you will be, that is the problem James 2:10
>>
>>78994564
Being a lone Christian is not necessarily heretical, but you rely on yourself totally for sound Biblical exegesis, which can be difficult. The analogy here is that a flock of sheep is stronger as a flock, the wolves can easily pick off a lone straggler. A lone Christian can become easy prey to the devil. Monasteries traditionally only allowed their most experienced, most faithful brethren to go out and live in ascetic solitude, knowing the difficulty of their struggle. I'd advise you to find a church where you can be part of a community of believers in Christ.
>>
File: image.jpg (123 KB, 1029x833) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
123 KB, 1029x833
>>78999573
That is inhumane. I say this because I have trap fetish
>>
>>78999585
The message of the cross is foolish to those that are perishing
>>
>>78999518
yes. but that could be only my perception on the subject. you should conclude that yourself.
>>
>>78999459
>it does not sit well with me.
To give you another reflection, think of this: >>78999204

Even if we did have the actual scriptures, would we be able to read them and what would they mean? Maybe I take too soft a view of it because I work in such fields, computationally. But it is also the case that we look for people who can intuit where the answers do or do not lie.
>>
>>78999699
I never said that message was absurd, only your perversion of it
>>
>>78999725
If there is no truth, saying that is true is self refuting
>>
>>78999791
Your an apostate, you need to repent
>>
>>78999752
Yes. But you also need to know the mechanism of intepretation and how such came about. Once this happens, you can't take the approach of Scripture Alone. And yes, you also look for people who are well versed in it too as a guide. In the Christfag context, this is done through looking at how the Church Fathers approach it
>>
File: 12365442123564.jpg (26 KB, 600x315) Image search: [Google]
12365442123564.jpg
26 KB, 600x315
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/God_of_the_gaps
>>
>>78999975
Based on Scripture, Tradition, History and Reason, you are a heretic
>>
>>79000097
Wait, scratch that, you are replying to someone else. Sorry bout that
>>
>>79000097
Would you like to teach us or just call us names?
>>
>>79000159
Your going to hell either way
>>
>>78985204
Go to southern baptist churches. They are small, but they remain pure due to their smallness.
>>
>>79000253
Your God made me go to hell Calvinist scum
>>
>>78996318
WELS is very conservative, which can be great, but also insular. NALC is an option too if you're interested in the Lutheran confession. We're quite small but I've found my parish to be filled with faithful, kind people. My only complaint is that they still ordain women, seemingly the one remnant from the ELCA. St. Paul was pretty clear when he said women shouldn't even be permitted to speak in church. Yet, there were many women active in the early church, St. Catherine of Sienna comes to mind. Regardless, female pastors and female bishops have contributed greatly to the ruination of the ELCA, and I do not agree with it.
>>
>>79000233
What's wrong with "Christfig"?
>>
>>78989308

PCA is snuggling up to Black Lives Matters. They voted in favor of "racial reconciliation" not just at last year's General Assembly but this year's too.

PCA is definitely going liberal.

OPC, SBC, Reformed Baptist.

Missouri Synod is the main Lutheran denomination that doesn't suck.

Stay away from Roman Catholicism. They can't even translate "repent" correctly, let alone understand the etymology of "justification."
>>
>>79000560
Nothing, and you can spell it Christfag if you want. This is 4chan. What kind of fag are you?

But seriously, tell us what happened to you.
>>
Doesn't know a single verse from the most widely translated and distributed book in the world.

Tips his fedora and calls other people stupid...
>>
File: 1466837282729.jpg (97 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
1466837282729.jpg
97 KB, 720x720
>>78988961
You can quote a book, to claim that this indicates the truth of the position you hold, but he can quote a different one to support his.

Using a book to support your rhetoric is meaningless, or at least it didn't convince me.

If I quoted a rival religions text, telling you something contrary to what you claim is the case, would you be convinced?

The text I quote SAYS you're thinking of herring, but you say you're not. But the text says you are.
I'm going to trust the text, and say that you ARE thinking of herring, even if you say you aren't.

The truth however, is that we're discussing the question of magical, sentient, universe creating magic genies, in your case a specifically JEWISH revolutionary demigod.

I say this character hasn't met any burden of proof, and when we HAVE been able to create falsifiable experiments to test this beings existence, they all failed.

But go on, tell me how I believe something else, and you know this to be true because a book said so.
>>
>>79000401
Lest you Repent, you shall perish, if it bothers you, go to prayer and ask God for a changed mind
>>
>>78988961
For the same damn reason you don't worship Mohammed.
>>
>>79000736
The bible is a collection of books, not one book
>>
Orthodox lutheran or non elca lutheran
>>
>>78999898
actually no. its just like saying something does not exist. the concept of truth is political. you can say something is truth but you need other people to validate it. My point is : what if there is only oppinion ? people saying stuff and beliving in it. there is only oppinion truth is a political statement to control make you act in a certain way.
>>
File: 1451675117666.jpg (177 KB, 1180x787) Image search: [Google]
1451675117666.jpg
177 KB, 1180x787
Catholics have had some great minds, and there are some extremely faithful people among their ranks, but ultimately, the Orthodox Church is the one Christ founded.

This is a pastebin for Catholics, Protestants, atheists, Muslims, Jews and liberals: http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

There are FAQ's to address each, as well as a reading list with links.

If any Catholics or Protestants have objections to the faith, feel free to ask and I will answer because I spend a lot of time studying this in depth. But I probably already posted what you're looking for on the FAQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
>>
>>79000794
And accept your blue pill lies like I had? No. Fuck off scum
>>
>>79000944
>Catholics have had some great minds
not as much as the jews. can you even compete?
>>
>>78994257

>Catholics don't care if you mess up.
>You can mortify your justification.

ok
>>
>>79000830
Please, the Quran pales in comparison to the NT
The claims of one man who said he spoke to an angel, is not the same as a collection of eyewitness accounts
>>
>>79000693
Agnosfaggot. I hate Protestantism because when I took the red pill I saw how I had fallen for its lies for years!
>>
>>78994564

If you can't find a single theologian who agrees with you, you're probably a heretic
>>
>>79001077
A collection of eye witness accounts based on TRADITION. See how sola ScriptUra is bs?
>>
>>79001054
He means we don't care if you screw up participating in Mass. Many technically Catholics still don't even know they switched up the wording to the creeds n shit again.
>>
>>79001107
Tell us why. What were its lies?

I'm not a Protestant, so you can tell me.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
The GNOSTICS are the original "I hate church but..." Group. They are the original Calvinists
>>
>>79001022
Some great Jewish minds converted to Catholicism, like Karl Polanyi, who was one of the great traditionalist economists.
>>
>>79000955
You never had it, because if you had it, you would have remained
1 John 2:15
>>
>>79001311
1st, the lie of Sola ScriptUra which i had exposed ITT. 2nd the lie about how the Eucharist is. 3rd, the lie about Scripture. 4th how illogical Calvinism is in the light of a loving deity. 5th the lie about the early CHristians
>>
>>79001637
Look at the arrogance of this prick. Shut up with that lie Calvinist puppet
>>
>>78995521

Young, restless, reformed movement is a lot of young people. They're reformed baptist (look up Charles Spurgeon). Check to see if there's any Acts 29 churches.

Also join a BSF (bible study fellowship) group. Honestly even if you don't end up joining a church definitely join BSF. In the group I'm in it's probably like a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of women to men.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.