[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald- trump-back-pedals-on-ban
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: heil.jpg (62 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
heil.jpg
62 KB, 600x450
http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-back-pedals-on-banning-muslims-from-u-s-1467058774

>Donald Trump appears to be backing away from one of his signature and most controversial proposals—banning Muslims from entering the U.S.—as polls show him falling slightly behind Hillary Clinton.

>Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a prominent Trump supporter who is considered a potential running mate, said the candidate’s policy “may be evolving.”

what's next, /pol/? "The wall was just a figure of speech?"
>>
>>78983916
I agree, Donald Trump is a racist. I'm voting for Hillary.
>>
>>78984218
Yeah, this. Everyone sensible is voting for Hillary.
>>
>trusting the media
>>
>>78983916

how is trump backing away from it? he's still banning muslims
>>
>>78984261
>>78984218

shills gtfo
>>
File: 1439506084165.jpg (24 KB, 479x317) Image search: [Google]
1439506084165.jpg
24 KB, 479x317
>>78984324
>cant take in muslims from certain countries
>terrorists just start flying into America from other countries
Hes softening his stances in an attempt to be more appealing to moderates and independents, but at the same time hes starting to turn off the people that got him where he is now. It's only a matter of time before the wall becomes metaphorical
>>
>>78983916
I think he realizes the realpolitik solution is banning immigration from troubling areas which still essentially bans the biggest asswipe groups of Muslims anyhow. Win/win in my book.
>>
>>78983916

Don't waste your breath, the kool-aid is far too strong.
>>
that tears it then, #kasichismymainbitch
>>
im now #Cruzin'fortheBern
>>
>>78984565

on the contrary I'm pretty sure the intent was never magically figure out whether everyone entering the country from Britain was muslim, but cutting off muslim countries
>>
>>78983916
>http://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-back-pedals-on-banning-muslims-from-u-s-1467058774
pastebin, can't read it
>>
>>78984565

still better than hillary
>>
>>78983916
>To read this post log in or buy a subscription

How is it working for Wall Street Journal OP?
>>
>paywall

>$0.05 has been deposited into your account
>>
>>78983916
>implying it wasnt obvious from the start that hed ban muslims from countries with high concentrations of terrorists
>implying european countries will not be on this list
>>
>>78984565
This also helps prevent taqiyya from Muslim nations
>>
>>78984565
I'd bet his plan includes blocking entry from anyone originating from certain countries and anything remotely shady looking as far as paperwork is concerned. This won't be the Obama administration after all.
>>
>>78983916
>politician changes position so they can better represent the wants and needs of the people despite their personal opinions
Reasonable person:
>Good. The government should represent the people.
Liberals:
>FFFFLLLLLLIIIIIIPPPPPP FFFFFLLLLLLOOOOOOOOPPPPPP
>>
>>78985091
nope
>>
>>78983916
So, because Newt says the policy "may be evolving," the WSJ is declaring that Trump is back pedaling? The media is getting desperate.
>>
>>78985091
honestly he's gonna lose my support if he backs down from this. I'm a single issue fucking voter, and the rest of his platform is normal cuckservative shit. shit tax ideas, shit socialized medecine, shit business plans, shit education policies. if he doesn't keep ramping up the anti-muslim stuff and build the wall, I'm gonna drop him.
>>
>>78983916
Can someone please provide a quote of his initial position and a quote of his new position so I can see how they have changed.

I'm assuming his position has not really changed. What happened is that WSJ paraphrased his original position, and now they've paraphrased his new position, and the paraphrases are different. But the quotes would not be different

The media nowadays doesn't have to quote anything. They just tell you what someone said in the words of the journalist.
>>
>>78985858

>As Trump first said in December, such a ban would be temporary and last only until U.S. authorities “find out what’s going on.” He also said then that the ban will not apply to U.S. citizens, and that there would be exceptions for world leaders, athletes and others.

It was always intended to be temporary and have exceptions.
>>
File: 1437438486919.jpg (154 KB, 380x526) Image search: [Google]
1437438486919.jpg
154 KB, 380x526
>>78984218
Did you just reply to your own faggot post?
>>
File: Jackass.jpg (150 KB, 475x359) Image search: [Google]
Jackass.jpg
150 KB, 475x359
>>78985628
Shit business plans? Please explain to me how some random guy on 4chan has better business experience than a billionaire. You must have it all figured out.
>>
>>78983916
>Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, a prominent Trump supporter who is considered a potential running mate
Jewt Gingrich is one of the worst VP choices, like Regan picking Bush.
>>
>>78983916
meh no big deal, no one is voting for him because of that anyway.
>>
>>78983916
Fuck yourself, OP.
No, we're not letting (((you and the media))) draw a wedge just because Trump is switching to the general campaign and softening his tone.
Now go falsify some polls showing him 60 points behind Clinton.
Thanks, bye. Trump 2016 - Trump 2020.
>>
File: 1465654706994.gif (2 MB, 400x310) Image search: [Google]
1465654706994.gif
2 MB, 400x310
>>78984218
>>78984261
-.-
>>
The media is constantly spinning any little thing Trump says to make him look like the following:

A racist
A backpeddeler
Broke

It's all the same shit, different day.
>>
>>78983916
Hopefully the smarter heads of /pol/ will prevail, and not get played like a piano. Like
>>78985858
and
>>78985858
actually (supposedly) making strides in finding some facts without going apeshit.

(also >>78984261 what are you doing)
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 324x499) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 324x499
It's the art of the deal.
>start with proposal to ban all muslims
>"no way thats racist!"
>propose banning immigration from countries with a history of terrorism
>"okay that makes sense"
>you get what you want
>>
>>78988355
>to make him look like the following
It's more that what Trump was encouraged to say/do by his former campaign manager ("let Trump be Trump"), and his on-paper presidential fixings never lined up- the media didn't have to spin much of anything around, they just had to add flavor text. Even now, he's still being a bit of a loose canon.

The words "I think profiling is something that we’re going to have to start thinking about as a country" did come out of his mouth... on top of other things. A lot of other things. Whether the proposed screening process was implied to have put any American-born Muslim up against a wall in front of a firing squad remained to be seen (and probably was unlikely anyways).

Unless you want that, in which case, the media may have just been trying to appease you.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.