[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come so many british people have shitty teeth? Seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: british.jpg (61 KB, 720x571) Image search: [Google]
british.jpg
61 KB, 720x571
How come so many british people have shitty teeth? Seriously I lived in a favela most of my life and went to a dentist once, maybe twice in my whole life. My teeth are perfect.
>>
>>78970389
shills out in full force today....
>>
>>78970389

honestly, its the sugar sweetened tea drinking 24 times a day.
>>
>>78970425
They're in full force everyday. That's just how desperate they are.
>>
>>78970389

I'm not sure if its a case of us having shitty teeth, as opposed to TV portraying an image of perfectly white straight teeth which we all get used to and use as comparison. Obviously, a lot of these have had treatment and possibly private work.

Can't speak for the rest of the country as I live in the arse end of nowhere but most people I know including myself have normal teeth - no fillings, some people have braces if needs be, and a cream colour as opposed to a bleach white.

That, or I am living with my head up my arse and we are all deformed!
>>
>>78970389
Its actually a result of our colonial history

We adopted cutlery among all social classes and our empire brought sugar in. Use of cutlery alters the shape of the upper jaw.

This has resulted in deformed jaws being normal and higher than average decay levels.
>>
Its the NHS.

Its free to go to the dentist in the UK, or at least paid for by a levy that comes out of you pay. However the money that is set aside is not a huge amount considering the dental work that needs doing amongst its 60 odd million populace. So dentists are obliged to cut back on what they offer their patients, they do the bare minimum.

Going back to the early 2000s it used to be very difficult to find a dentist to agree to give you anything more than a root canal. Now its pretty much impossible.
>>
>>78971358

Yeah... that's not how it works.

Under 18 and it's done on the NHS, free braces at an orthodontist.

Over 18 and you do have to pay, 3 different bands ranging from like £27 to £145 (complete guesses) depending on what you need done. Dentists cream themselves if they can give you a filling as they get whatever band of money from you and get to claim the rest from the NHS .

Dentists aren't poor you dipshit. Maybe when you were here you were going to some back street polish whorehouse where anything is less than a tenner.
>>
>>78970389
>too poor to have bad teeth
>tries to turn it into a virtue
>>
>>78970389
Its a generational thing I'd say, most of our older people didn't have access to proper dental healthcare. The stuff available was "rotten tooth pull it out".

Young kinds have much better teeth because things have improved.

You have to remember WW2 fucked our shit up pretty badly, we had food rationing well into the 1950s.

John Olliver isn't that old so I don't know why his teeth are so fucked up, especially when hes on American TV where everyone has perfect neon white teeth.
>>
>>78971884

Actually my dentist was a Paki. That was how 'she' explained it to me. Cheers for the current info.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.