[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hawaii Enacts First State Law in U.S. to Place Gun Owners in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Hawaii.jpg (39 KB, 600x320) Image search: [Google]
Hawaii.jpg
39 KB, 600x320
>Hawaii this week enacted a series of gun laws, one of which the governor says makes it the first state to put firearm owners into a database.

>That database, which is called the "Rap Back" system, is operated by the FBI and would notify police when a gun owner is arrested for a crime anywhere in the United States.
"This will allow county police departments in Hawaii to evaluate whether the firearm owner may continue to legally possess and own firearms," the Hawaii governor's office said in a statement.

>The third new law requires gun owners to surrender their firearms and ammunition to the police if they've been disqualified to possess the weapons "due to a diagnosis of having a significant behavioral, emotional, or mental disorder."

>If the person does not voluntarily give up their arms, the police chief has permission to seize the weapons.

Why aren't more people talking about this?
>>
>>78959129
Remove pineapple.
>>
>>78959129
>behavioral, emotional, or mental disorder."
Who defines these terms. Who decides who fits these conditions?
>>
>>78959129

It's starting
>>
>>78959129
>Rap Back
>Guns
Dat rayciss
>>
>>78959535
police chief obviously
>>
Sounds unconstitutional there. Supreme Court case when?
>>
People don't understand that the white system is built to protect innocent civilians, and that criminals shouldn't have any say over the ownership over guns for everyone else or be used as some sort of scrying orb to deduce future motive. This type of law is easy to abuse and why it should be avoided. Once you ensnare a right in the legal system, the normal, hard working person doesn't have the time to deal with bureaucracy. It's not about what good it can bring, it's about what bad it can cause in the wrong hands.
>>
Im looking at demographics and must say i dont see the problem. high amt of asians and whites and low amt of blacks. Wouldnt want this anywhere in the mainland but could work here
>>
File: 1232343152674.jpg (17 KB, 242x283) Image search: [Google]
1232343152674.jpg
17 KB, 242x283
Why do people living on islands become the biggest cunts about gun ownership? Britain, Australia, Japan.
>>
File: 1457988215161.jpg (162 KB, 503x709) Image search: [Google]
1457988215161.jpg
162 KB, 503x709
>>
>>78959129
It'll go to court.
>>
>>78959129
But doesn't this go against Haynes v. United States?
>>
File: clarence.jpg (45 KB, 800x597) Image search: [Google]
clarence.jpg
45 KB, 800x597
>>78959129
>Hawaii this week enacted a series of gun laws, one of which the governor says makes it the first state to put firearm owners into a database.

not for long
>>
>>78960239
Probably pretty easy to force the hand an island considering most of their supplies are shipped in.
>>
>>78959129
Can we make Hawaii back into a territory? They don't deserve statehood anymore.
>>
>>78960577
Does it really matter anymore?
>>
>>78961762
Fuck I dunno I'd like to think so :-(
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.