[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
create the means of production do it now
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Adam_Smith.jpg (50 KB, 540x694) Image search: [Google]
Adam_Smith.jpg
50 KB, 540x694
create the means of production
do it
now
>>
>tfw self employed contract programmer industry is over saturated
>tfw no one would hire you anyway because lack of experience
>tfw always applying for graduate positions but nothing
>>
Sell large item disposal bins for contractors and home renovators

Step 1: buy large bin
Step 2: rent out large bin to contractor to make profit
Step 3: Buy another bin
Step 4: repeat

You don't even need to deliver them you can just keep them in your driveway or in some storage space you're renting and you can get your buyers to pick it up.

A friend of mine is doing this exact same thing and his "business" makes 10k+ every month.
>>
>>78928434
>>tfw self employed contract programmer industry is over saturated
where the fuck do you live? Everywhere I've been, and I travel a lot, there's a huge demand for programmers. It's very easy to tap in if you're proactive
>>
>>78929235
Maybe for seniors. Everyone is asking for experience (and when they're not it's some sort of diversity hire), when you don't have it or only have internships they reject you. It's 2-5 years experience or you're either underqualified or overqualified.

I think this is a problem for all graduates, when you're okay with high unemployment (say, when people would rather be inside with their electronics not causing crime), employers are capable of some ridiculous standards.

Kind of the story of my life.
>>
>>78928698
I'm thinking about doing something like this but the housing market in my area is slow.
>>
>>78929615
If you're not a senior all you need is spending a shit load of time on learning and building prototypes and working on your portfolio. You can't expect them to train and teach you the job, but you can very well pick it up by yourself.

Focus on web developement to get your foot in the door somewhere, some startup or some webshop, and then pivot into a better position from there.

If you can setup websites and configure servers you'll be already more useful than a senior dev that can only work within some big corporate framework
>>
File: 1465755838695.png (539 KB, 628x625) Image search: [Google]
1465755838695.png
539 KB, 628x625
>>78928112
>>
>>78930226
I've already done that, it's not as helpful as you'd think because not everyone filtering resumes knows anything about programming. In fact, plenty would see a github and assume you're a turbonerd, then trash it for that reason alone.

Websites are good, I have one that I use to demonstrate my 1337 web technologies but I don't really see the point in having multiple ones.

Do you have a job? I notice a lot of undergraduates pretending they're already in the industry to sort of make them feel like it's going to be okay. It's not. So much competition caused by youth unemployment. It's not easy to get ahead.
>>
>>78930738
I worked one year in backend developement for a fintech startup. I'm currently attending university for a CS bachelor because I wanted more time to learn things.
Sending out your resumé is close to useless, what you have to do is network with people. Your family maybe has some friend in some tech position. Another useful thing to do is go to coding/software conferences and chat with employers there, show your interest in what they do and inquire about what problems you can help them solve.
Maybe also join a local hackerspace to meet some people in the field, but people at hackerspaces are often students or wizards who are professionally underachievers
>>
>>78931675
>telling someone recently graduated to network
Oh, you're a troll.
>>
>>78931819
you have a degree? Shieeet, I thought at least you were self taught... I got my job while being a selftaught /g/entooman
>>
>>78932045
>Shieeet
Are you black? What if you were only hired to fill a diversity requirement? What if you're a shit dev who barely even knows python? You sound pretty clueless to be honest.
>>
File: 1391593554362.jpg (51 KB, 420x515) Image search: [Google]
1391593554362.jpg
51 KB, 420x515
>>78932247
good way to feel better about yourself, I'm sure you're unemployed because the abbos are getting hired to fill diversity quotas

kys desu fampai, I was trying to give you some advices, since obviously you're the clueless unemployed and not me
>>
>>78932693
>getting that mad
That was fairly easy.

You gave advice so shitty I thought you were trolling, trying to network before you have experience is actually going to set you back, make it look like you're trying to compensate for something. Networking is 10/10 advice... For everyone except graduates.

Stop giving advice, I think I know who you are from /g/, you're really not that great at programming. It really is a good possibility that you're filling some sort of diversity thing, if that makes you mad it should, but before you think you're the victim: you're getting paid and some Italian/Slovenian boy is not.

We only pretend you're a victim when arguing against this shit because the people we're arguing with have a pathological inability to care about white men, so it's "soft bigotry of low expectations" long before we mention the real bigotry of being affected by a million and one articles saying more women or more minorities in STEM.
>>
File: aubergine.jpg (14 KB, 510x530) Image search: [Google]
aubergine.jpg
14 KB, 510x530
>>78933582
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.