[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If a referendum was held (either this year, or next year), in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: file.png (67 KB, 340x227) Image search: [Google]
file.png
67 KB, 340x227
If a referendum was held (either this year, or next year), in Australia, about legalizing same sex marriage, throughout the entire country, what do you think the outcome would be?

Literally "Should Australia recognize same-sex marriages? Yes/No" and everyone in the country is allowed to vote, what do you think the outcome would be?
>>
>>78916607
Wouldn't it pass? I thought your country was run by the leftists in Melbourne
>>
>>78916607
I think no.
Melbourne, Syndey and maybe Perth should be strong yes
The other places should be lean no
Not sure what the population split is though
>>
It would be pretty close to what happened in Ireland I think

Assuming voting were voluntary. Do you have to vote in a plebiscite?
>>
>>78916921
Yeah I feel like it would definitely pass. Even the most conservative Christians here still think gays should get married.
Muslims only make up like 2% of the population, so their vote is literally nothing
It wouldn't even be close, it would be like 65% Yes, (if not 80%)

It's amazing how this country that is so much more passionate about gay marriage, than the USA (where a national referendum would definitely be close, like 49-51), and the UK, still doesn't have gay rights

Also even most right-wingers here support gay marriage, it isn't like the USA at all

>>78917164
Melbourne + Sydney make up half the population already, and all the capital cities together would make up most of the population

Most of NSW and Victoria is pretty liberal, despite what people think. They may be right-wing, but when it comes to gay marriage, the accept it

>>78917254
Ireland wasn't close at all, it was like 65% Yes, but that was after Yes campaigners literally went door to door in every single house in the country, to beg people to vote yes
>>
>>78917254
I know referendums require you to vote, but maybe not plebiscites

A lot of pro-gay marriage people are against a plebiscite, despite knowing that it would be strongly in their favour, because they hate the idea of minorities having to beg the majority for them to have human rights (which is a reasonable concern with democracy)
>>
>>78918546
Just checked, plebiscites definitely don't require mandatory voting

It's just a gauge of public feedback
>>
>>78918740
>don't require mandatory voting

It will still be mandatory so they can fine the people who never showed up to vote.

Learn the ways of the jew.
>>
Honestly I travel a lot within Australia it would be something like 70/80% Yes... sorry fellas. It's pretty much unanimous across the country.
>>
>>78916607
If the referendum was done it would obviously be passed. But most people do not give a shit and the LNP don't want to waste money on a referendum.
Which is good.
>>
>>78916607
it will easily pass, nobody cares about the gays or religious association of man/woman marriage
also its a pleb not a ref, and I reckon it will get about 20% voter turnout, seriously who could give a fuck if we aren't required to vote
a low voter turnout will at least be a reality check to sjws who think social issues are important
>>
Nobody really gives two fucks about the homos so the turnout would be shit. Melbourne would have a high turnout of poofs, lefties and hipsters who would all vote "yes" and the slimes in western Sydney would vote "no" but there's heaps more melbourne degenerates that western Sydney akbars so it'd get through.
>>
>>78919932
Nah, I worded that wrong

You won't need to vote in a pleb

>>78920665
This, it's also the main reason why so many gays are against a pleb, because only really passionate people will come into vote, which might mean that all the strong anti-fags woulds come to vote, and skew the pleb result

If everyone was forced to vote, it would be like 80% Yes, if no one was forced, the turnout would be about 20%, with a pretty close vote

About 10% of the pop is strongly for, 10% strongly against, and about 80% not giving a fuck (but would vote yes if they absolutely had to)
>>
Gonna bust a gut laughing if a people's vote chooses No.
>>
>>78916607
A overwhelming yes to gay marriage.
>>
>>78916607
With how much you faggots worship big black dicks, I'm surprised it isn't legal or forced down your citizens throats
>>
>>78916607
why is there even a referendum held for that? I thought poofters weren't allowed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PfDro1UGUo
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.