[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHRISTIAN GENERAL /ChG/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60
File: 1466279312963.jpg (98 KB, 1297x1068) Image search: [Google]
1466279312963.jpg
98 KB, 1297x1068
This thread is dedicated to the discussion on the Christian faith. Here we try to create constructive conversations with one another regarding the bible, the faith, the principles, history, and the effects of the christian faith on politics.
Atheists are more than welcome to come hold discussions in these threads, all that we ask is that you try to be constructive and not buttblast everyone for not being "Intellectually superior."
THREAD THEME:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6V8CoyzBc4E
>>
File: LibtardZombieHorde8.2.png (1 MB, 1140x600) Image search: [Google]
LibtardZombieHorde8.2.png
1 MB, 1140x600
>>
File: 222.jpg (98 KB, 960x675) Image search: [Google]
222.jpg
98 KB, 960x675
Have a wonderful monday /pol/!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egLChx-U54o
>>
>>78897433
Christ is Lord. Praise Him!
>>
>>78897682

>conservative
>wanting the TPP
>>
My life is truly better with Christ. My head used to be a fog of unforgiving and selfishness. So I can easily emphatic with those who have no accepted him yet and hope that it can help me help them walk the one and only true path.
>>
>>78897760
Hallelujah!
>>
>>78897433
I swear by he name of the Allah, The most merciful; O christian dogs, O crusaders of satan, If the Westerns won't stop the bomb the Muslim countries. if the westerners won't stop funding terrorist who kill Muslims. If the westerners won't stop to kill Muslims Vallahi more Muslim man will come to Europe. And more Muslims to fuel the European civil war Westerners: Do you want a race war? Do you want your cities in fire? Then go on. Go on the kill the Muslims. but we will take revenge. We are here.waiting you. If you're men. come to battlefield. Vallahi. We will hunt you like a bird. Allah with us. Allah is our savior.You. You have no savior. We waiting for heaven. You wait for hell.
>>
>>78897899
Those who walk with the ways of God and Christ are truly pure of heart. I feel bad for Nihilists.
>>
>>78897433
Not much of a believer myself, but Christianity is the faith of my people so I'll stick with you guys.

That said, retake Constantinople when?
>>
>worshiping a Jewish man as a god
>>
File: Mosque5.jpg.jpg (98 KB, 864x576) Image search: [Google]
Mosque5.jpg.jpg
98 KB, 864x576
>>78898098
Soon brother. Soon.
>>78898042
Does this picture trigger you?
>>
>>78898098
>retake Constantinople when
Why do autists on /pol/ like to pretend it is the 15th century?

Do you still cry about danzig and breslau too? Get over it loser.
>>
>>78898098

retake Berlin first

but, besides snide remarks

the only true reconciliation between Germany and Poland can be through the Church

and I think both nations need it very deeply

God bless

do not retake Constantinople, retake hearts of people
>>
>>78898336
>>78898335
Hell I don't know what you fools are talking about.
What we NEED to do is take back Europe first.
>>
>>78898468
>we
You're a fucking burger

>take back Europe
take back from what? Let me guess you're under the age of 20.
>>
File: alžbeta dóm.jpg (222 KB, 1200x887) Image search: [Google]
alžbeta dóm.jpg
222 KB, 1200x887
post best church from your country christbros
>>
File: marxist christianity.png (10 KB, 220x211) Image search: [Google]
marxist christianity.png
10 KB, 220x211
question why is it that christianity has often sided with the right and not the left in the past ?

and i'm not saying the bullshit pseudo left that we see today e.g liberals and sjws i'm talking about the revolutionary left the popped up around 1917

i mean a lot of the ideals in communism kinda go with christianity (except for the whole state atheism thing)
>>
>>78898468

ok, Murrica you are the leader

and try to avoid nuclear WW3, it would be a true end of Europe, but hey, maybe you are into it?
>>
Donald
Trump just accepted Jesus as his savior! I'm not sure if I believe it.
http://www.charismanews.com/politics/elections/58042-dr-james-dobson-donald-trump-has-accepted-christ
>>
>>78898784
because the right is right
and the left is jew

>>78898744
pick related
>>
>>78898595
First off, No. I'm 100% pizza.
Second, I am under the age of 20, by a year.
Third;
Europe has been getting nothing but cucked by this new liberal marxist whatever the hell you want to call it agenda. It's a parasite that's feeding on the west and is slowly destroying it from within. In all the years, Europa has never EVER been willing to let Muslims, (From a mainly MUSLIM civilization) in by the masses. EVER. The walls of the Vatican have been up for hundreds of years to keep Muslims AWAY from one of the only things that is preserving even an ounce of what western culture is about. There are a countless number of people not just in Europe right now but in the WORLD who want to see the west and her sons destroyed. And we're letting them do it.
>>
>>78898985

it's just to pander to the angry ted cruz voters
>>
>>78898985
What >>78899084 said, Die hard Evangelicals supported Ted because he did nothing but lie and promote himself as a "True Conservative."
The first instance I can ever recall of Ted was when I was watch an interview of him on CNN where he clearly stated that he was 100% against Obamacare but was indeed infact a very big user and one of the top donators to Obamacare. Ted was full of it.
It's good that Trump is doing that though.
>>
>>78898185
I know it is a past time for this place to make fun of Jewish people, but they need Jesus as much as anyone else. Are there Jewish people who have let their greed get to them and cause them to do bad things? Of course they just like us aren't perfect. Fortunately God is.

Rather than casting stones at them why not we help one another and show some love, as Matthew 22:29 shows.

Let us all be together as children of God saying yes to Yeshua.
>>
Welp that's all for tonight.
Goodnight, heretics.
>>
>>78899525
'night, OP
>>
File: sfx.jpg (237 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
sfx.jpg
237 KB, 1000x1000
>>78898744
"City of Churches"
meh
>>
Hope you all have a blessed day today in Christ's name. Amen.
>>
>>78898784
With regards to communism, I don't support it because while there are some ideas that happen to coincide with Christian ideals, there's a substantial lack of freedom behind it. Simplyfing it, you shouldn't be donating resources to more needy people because the state decrees it, you should do so out of your own volition.

I would liken it to why I don't support theocracies, even if it was a Christian one (which I admit I'd be tempted to support because I think it would ultimately be better for everyone), because ultimately there exist some people that simply don't want to come to Christ, or accept whatever idol the state religion is trying to impose.

I ultimately don't want to force ideals I hold as a Christian on people that don't share them, as much as I may think it best for them, because you have to choose to come to Christ. And that comes from a person's own heart, not anything to do with the law of the land.

I hope that makes sense. I don't frequently articulate that idea and it's pretty late where I am.
>>
>>78899712

so you support the original idea of marx's communism but you don't support the USSR ?
>>
Reminder that these threads are /pol/ heritage threads
>>
>>78899581
I'd say the one in North Adelaide near Adelaide Oval is equally as good, pity they hardly get used though. >We'd deserve the title of "City of Churches" if >we actually used them.
>>
>>78897433
If you claim to have Christian morality and are any other political belief than voluntarist, you're a hypocrite.
>>
Quick question are there any pastors on YouTube you all like to watch their sermons for? Or just anything related?

My church has made it so they have their sermons recorded and uploaded as a podcast just in case you can't make it.
>>
>>78899964
amen to that, so many strange faithless creatures in this city.
>>
>>78900153
I watch a lot of Steven Anderson, but some things with him you have to take with a grain of salt.
>>
>>78899064
You went full blown autism in that post.

No wonder faggots like you whine about not having a girlfriend.
>>
>>78900277
Can't argue with dubbs m8, amen to that.
>>
My god says we are not to test him in case he is false and undelivering [ ]
My god says we are to avoid delicious meals like pork because apparently good people eat shit [ ]
My god says we should try dying virgins, because apparently good people don't deserve pleasure and gods themselves, owning the place, don't have whatever ammounts of sex they desire [ ]
My god forced me to be of a certain sexuality to then get angry at his own decision and blame me for it [ ]
My god requires that I let my enemies beat me to a pulp until they get bored and I have to stay put and don't hit back [ ]
My god says that the world is populated by children of the devil, yet he demands I visit them when sick and give them alms, as good people give good things to enemies of gods [ ]
My god says that if I use his name, I will be able to move mountains, but I cannot do it [ ]
My god says that if I use his name, I resurrect people, but this never happens [ ]
My god claims that the world is filled with devils and his church is supsiciously always full of people that don't really care about the belief system but join up anyway [ ]
My god claims his spirit of goodness and rainbows enters his priests several times so he can guide them, the result is that they are child rapists [ ]
My scripture warns that the law was changed by evil people, yet my gods priests insist on keeping the obviously false laws [ ]
My scripture warns that the true one will be called beelzebub and a prince of demons by the people of the world, yet people don't say this [ ]
My scripture warns that the followers of the true one will have to move from city to city because of persecution, but our churches remain calm and our child rapists aren't even detained [ ]
>>
>>78899848
Only if everyone buys in and every member behaves justly, but practically speaking I don't think it's realizable and I don't think it's fair to subject everyone to it when only a few loons think it could ever work.

I'll give Marxism and Communism this. It could work if you had a population of five, everyone within that population knew each other inside and out and mostly liked each other, and came to know everyone involved had each other's best interests behind their actions. I view the problem Marxism is only as good as its weakest link with the people governed by it. A few bad apples taking advantage of everyone else is enough to cause it to slowly spiral out of control.

That being said, if I were invited to a pure communist state run by God himself, I would go, because I believe him benevolent to make the right decisions, as well as all-knowing, so he knows what is best for everyone, what everyone needs, etc etc.

Marx had interesting ideas that ultimately just don't work when human nature is considered.
>>
God isn't real.
>>
>>78900336
He doesn't understand covenant theology
>>
File: not peace, but a sword.jpg (239 KB, 1000x1333) Image search: [Google]
not peace, but a sword.jpg
239 KB, 1000x1333
>>78898185

I find it quite endearing. That the Jew they tried to oust has ended up the cultural leader of the West for millennia

They have made God's house a house of merchandise (John 2:16)

How do you think they've been treating our houses then?
>>
>>78901678
Yeah, that's something you have to take with a grain of salt when it comes to him. He says a lot of good stuff, but on other things he's totally off the mark.
>>
>>78901793
James white and John piper are both good preachers

Matt slick is a good apologist
>>
Earth is 4.5 billion years old.
>>
>>78901945
Says the guy who can't know anything
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7ldbrua9as
>>
>>78901573

you have to keep in mind that marxism and communism is really young compared to other philosophies and the only people that really ever tried to accomplish it were a bunch of angry russians

i say give it another crack

europe didn't give up on democracy after napoleon did they ?
>>
>>78901945
It's probably older senpai
>>
>>78901981

?
>>
>>78902031
Mao
Polpot
Not Russians
Castro
Che
>>
>>78902056

Maybe, AT LEAST 4.5 billion years old then.
>>
>>78902031

well a bunch of angry russians and a bunch of guys that were inspired by said angry russians
>>
>>78902086
Atheist deny God, and give up knowing anything
>>
>>78902166

Elaborate
>>
>>78901901
James White and Matt Slick are really good at arguing for Protestantism and are great at arguing for faith-based salvation, so I have plenty of respect for them. I haven't heard of John Piper, sorry, I'll look him up.
>>
>>78902031
Communism is a cancer that wants to dismantle the west. Communism in modern day wants to wipe away Christianity.
Back to
Reddit with you, fiend.
>>
>>78902222
What is truth?
>>
>>78902254
YouTube channel is desiring God
>>
>>78902265

That which can reliably answer questions.
>>
>>78902318
So truth is relative?
>>
>>78901678
He doesn't understand anything like the Calvinist he is
>>
>>78902410
Steven Anderson is anti Calvinist
>>
Devils are liars, their only nature is lying and that's all they do, you want to see a devil in action? Let me show them to you.

Hey jesusbois: moved any mountains today in jesus name? Blessed any unwilling little kid with your dicks moved by the spirit of jesus? We take it you're not doing the miracles because jesus is out of batteries and not because he's a compulsive liar?
>>
>>78902375

No.
>>
>>78902301
Thanks m8, going there now
>>
>>78902222

If there isn't God, there cannot *necessarily* be reason, nor truth, nor knowledge

But only upon faith and definition are we considered to be able to know anything factually
>>
>>78902222
When you humble yourself before an ideology that promotes chastity and discipline like Christianity, you are acknowledging that the first step in knowing is that you know nothing and have a lot to learn rather than, "BWAH I'M INTELLECTUALLY SUPERIOR!"
>>
File: 1465736721685.png (31 KB, 668x575) Image search: [Google]
1465736721685.png
31 KB, 668x575
>>78902103

Communism's rate of death is actually quite minor when compared to other massacres in history.

If you thought that WW2 and communism were the biggest, most disastrous massacres in history, you clearly haven't studied it beyond the 20th century
>>
File: image.jpg (255 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
255 KB, 640x1136
>>78902254
Both of them are good liars and shit. CARMs website trying to disprove the realist strain of the Eucharist in the Church Fathers is an example of that. White is even worse when practically every academic literature ever produced on the subject of Early Christianity and the Church Fathers oppose him. On Calvinism, they both fail miserably when they used pseudophilosophy
>>
File: cross-burning.png (319 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
cross-burning.png
319 KB, 1200x675
>itt:
>people who are unable to think for themselves and need someone to tell them what to think about life, universe and everything else

anyone who uses fairytales as a basis of their life has failed as a homo sapiens sapiens
you can stick with simple jobs, because your shepherd is telling you we need more street sweepers and toilet cleaners
>>
>>78902482

>If there isn't God, there cannot *necessarily* be reason, nor truth, nor knowledge

That's nonsense.

>But only upon faith and definition are we considered to be able to know anything factually

Not true either.
>>
>>78902031
Ehhhh, I'm looking at Venezuela and can't say I'm too impressed. And I can't say democracy is particularly good either. It eventually collapses on itself because it turns into a popularity contest, and only a minority of people educate themselves prior to decisions made by a majority. The fact of the matter is, here in the US at least, I could spend all my time researching who I should vote for president and my vote will count just as much as a guy that spends all day doing crack. I honestly believe property ownership should be brought back as a recruitment to vote, or at least asset ownership. It creates in people a vested interest to make sure they make an informed decision, ideally.

Either way, I'm unwilling to give it another go. Unless you can solve the problem of human nature, I don't see it ever working
>>
>>78902463
Shoot gotta go to bed,
Put your trust in Christ or stand guilty before a just and holy god
>>
>>78902457
Good. I hate Calvinism the most
>>
>>78902513

Pretty ignorant to believe you need Christianity to be able to do that.
>>
File: image.jpg (305 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305 KB, 640x1136
>>78902556
An example of James White bs exposed
>>
>>78902523
Compared to the orenge it's pretty bad
>>
>>78902556
Yeah, I'm not a Calvinist and I have ample respect for the Early Church Fathers and their writings.
>>
>>78902584

uhhh okay, goodnight bud.
>>
>>78902568

Elaborate
>>
>>78902585
Well you hate God so that makes sense
>>
>>78902670

Yes, and taken as a chunk of the whole world population, not so much
>>
>>78902262

that's neoliberalism m8

and their god is money

besides i'm not saying bring back marxist leninism i'm saying make a new form of communism that doesn't shit on people's freedoms i know it's idealistic but great things can be accomplished with idealism
>>
File: image.jpg (283 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
283 KB, 640x1136
>>78902674
If you respect them, you read those writings under their own terms, not distorted bs
>>
>>78902709
God made me do this according to Calvinism
>>
>>78902706

>without god there is no reason or knowledge

Neither one of those concepts is correlated with something that probably doesn't exist.

>faith is the only way to know facts

No, what is scientific evidence?
>>
>>78902769
Yeah, that's what I do.
>>
>>78902618
You don't.
Christianity is one of many philosophical tools which can help you do that. It's about humility and furthering ones self through a means of religious practice. It's not based off of scientific evidence because it's not science it's a freaking philosophy.
>>
>>78897433
>Christ
>bible, faith, christian, politics

You do nothing but shit on the name of Christ, how dare you be so disrespectful?
>>
File: image.jpg (187 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
187 KB, 1136x640
>>78902825
time to stop respecting James White and Matt Slick
>>
>>78902835

You don't need religion to be humble. Greek philosophers understood this long before Christianity.

I don't care how you want to spin it, evidence and verification is important, without that there is no reason why anyone should believe in something.
>>
File: mass_murder_communazi.jpg (481 KB, 1586x934) Image search: [Google]
mass_murder_communazi.jpg
481 KB, 1586x934
>>78902767

>great things can be accomplished with idealism
>>
File: small sad cat 1.png (8 KB, 60x44) Image search: [Google]
small sad cat 1.png
8 KB, 60x44
>>78901778
>you just gotta keep waiting
I really just want thing to rev up already im so tired...
>>
>>78902811

>Neither one of those concepts is correlated with something that probably doesn't exist.

State the probability formulae for calculating the probability of something existing

>No, what is scientific evidence?

Based upon axiomatic principles of investigation (belief in naturalism, the generalisability of theories into natural """laws""", the discoverability of knowledge, among others)
>>
>>78897433
So I have a legitimate question if you faggots are willing to answer in an intelligent manner

Ever since my life got shook pretty hard three years ago, I feel like I've slowly been losing my faith. Sure, I am Catholic, and yes I will always stand by that whenever someone asks me, but the last time I remember going to church was last Christmas. The last time before that was the last Christmas before that. I haven't been to confession in well over four years, I haven't talked to a priest in probably over six, and I feel like my faith is slipping away from me.

I feel like I need some reminder as to why I'm Catholic, but I've never gotten around to finding it myself. I've just been lackadaisically waiting for my faith to come back to me, and I know that's not enough. You bro's think talking to a priest would help me out? Should I go full autismo and take a trip to Rome? Or would just getting back to church be a good step in the right direction and work from there?

Thanks in advance niggers.
>>
>>78902941
And that's where you're 100% wrong.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AT78qquLJPM
Religious practice is a tool for people to use to better and improve ones lifestyle choices, you don't NEED Christianity to become a better person or become a humble person, the core principles of Christianity and religion in general dictate that you should do good for the sake of doing good and in that you will be a whole human being. It's not based on evidence because once again it's not a science. God is not a being, he's a concept.
>>
>>78903227
>State the probability formulae for calculating the probability of something existing

Bayesian analysis.
>>
File: all ideologies cause bloodshed.jpg (117 KB, 638x479) Image search: [Google]
all ideologies cause bloodshed.jpg
117 KB, 638x479
>>78903059

>it's not perfect but it's the best system we have
>>
>>78903258

I agree.

so is anything imaginary or invented "within the mind"
>>
File: heythatsatheist.jpg (99 KB, 900x1344) Image search: [Google]
heythatsatheist.jpg
99 KB, 900x1344
>>78902562
>>
>>78903298

What is the Bayesian formula for the existence of God? And what is the probability?
>>
>>78903235
Nigger. Stop. Being. Lazy.
Do some soul searching and reflect on yourself, put in the effort because if you find your center or you find God in your heart I can assure you you will be a whole person once again.
>>
>>78903429

That's on you.

Google.com is a good starting point. Lot's of people are paid a lot of money to study this and turn out results. I'm not one of them, your ignorance is not an argument and neither is mine.
>>
>>78903429

>It is interesting to note that Unwin considers 100% certainty for the existence of a god to be irrational, for it implicitly requires the
employment of blind faith. Rather, he argues for a "reasoned certainty" in the vicinity of 98% (p. 172) and admits a personal certainty of 95% (p. 189).

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2010/02/yeah-but-what-does-that-three-percent.html
>>
>>78903235
Maybe God presestined you for eternal damnation
>>
>>78903324

I'm not for capitalism to be honest. It's just as jewish as its economic anti-thesis

I'm more for a mixed system, subordinated to social conservative European natives
>>
File: 1411466002442.gif (1 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1411466002442.gif
1 MB, 250x188
>>78903604

>blogspot.com
>>
>>78897433
reminder christians

>corinthians 4:4
>satan is the god of this world

REMOVE THE EARTHLY PLANE, ASCEND TO GOD
>>
>>78903504

If we're both ignorant of how to calculate, and what the probability of God's existence is, then why are you pretending it's calculable?
>>
>>78903753

Probably calculations exist. I know that it's calculable. Just like how i know Dinosaurs exist, even though I've never dug one up personally.

Where is the evidence god exists?
>>
>>78903712

>Didn't even bother reading the link

This is the problem with Christian "intellectuals".
Read one book and believe it's true.
>>
>>78903712

Kek, i posted the wrong link too.

Try this one:

http://chem.tufts.edu/science/Shermer/E-Skeptic/ProbabilityofGod.html
>>
>>78903913

I'm agnostic.
>>
>>78903861

>Probably calculations exist. I know that it's calculable. Just like how i know Dinosaurs exist, even though I've never dug one up personally.

How do you know that the probability of God's existence specifically is calculable?

You can't induce the application of your formulae ad infinitum (unless you're ready for some black swans)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Problem_of_induction

>Where is the evidence god exists?

Define evidence
>>
>>78903958

Much better, good find, i skimmed it and will read it later.
>>
>>78904035

>How do you know that the probability of God's existence specifically is calculable?

http://chem.tufts.edu/science/Shermer/E-Skeptic/ProbabilityofGod.html

>Define evidence

Scientific evidence.
>>
>>78903958
>>78903604

Cool stuff. Bookmarked
>>
>>78904095

>Scientific evidence

Elaborate
>>
>>78904175

No.
>>
>>78904095
NIGGER FOR THE LAST TIME;
GOD IS A CONCEPT OF PHILOSOPHY. IT DOESN'T REQUIRE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKIN RELIGION NOT A SCIENCE.
>>
>>78904191

Please?
>>
>>78897433
when i come along all ya'll fightin like this, i just think to myself... You've all got it wrong.
>>
>>78904228

>GOD IS A CONCEPT OF PHILOSOPHY

Okay.

>IT DOESN'T REQUIRE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE BECAUSE IT'S A FUCKIN RELIGION NOT A SCIENCE.

Yes it does, when thousands of people around the world claim it is real and use it to answer natural events.
>>
>>78904260

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Scientific+evidence.
>>
>>78904308

>Yes it does, when thousands of people around the world claim it is real and use it to answer natural events.

And what makes you think events are exclusively natural?
>>
Guys I'm a total fedora tipping atheist cucked out of faith by my apathetic parents
I want to visit this small Ukrainian Orthodox church in my city and engage in the traditions of muh people, what should I know? They serve food there on saturdays so I'm at least going to spend my money there from now on.
>>
>>78904398

It's axiom.
>>
>>78904426

And do you believe it?
>>
>>78904486

I don't have to, axioms don't care if you believe them or not, that's why they are axioms.
>>
File: 1465923245335.jpg (62 KB, 791x581) Image search: [Google]
1465923245335.jpg
62 KB, 791x581
>>78898784
It's not good stewardship, senpai. It's unsustainable and produces a welfare state. The welfare of the people is the churches responsibility, not the civic government's.
>>
>>78904542

You do know axioms are indemonstrable by definition?

If there is proof for them, they are not axioms
>>
>>78904687
ax·i·om
ˈaksēəm/
noun
noun: axiom; plural noun: axioms

a statement or proposition that is regarded as being established, accepted, or self-evidently true.
>>
You keep trying to associate the ways of science with religion, but it doesn't work like science because they're two completely different things!
>>
>>78904752

>is regarded
>>
>>78904687

Most people don't give a shit about axioms in the first place. The role that theory takes is much smaller than most intellectuals would like to admit.

Most people care about practical stuff, like applications, results and consequences. What theoretical framework you use for it is almost entirely irrelevant
>>
File: 1465456021473.jpg (15 KB, 236x176) Image search: [Google]
1465456021473.jpg
15 KB, 236x176
>>78904308
>Yes it does
No it doesn't.
>>
File: 1466541267913s.jpg (13 KB, 250x237) Image search: [Google]
1466541267913s.jpg
13 KB, 250x237
>>78898042
>>
>>78904768

Agreeable.
>>
>>78904793

Elaborate.
>>
>>78904818

It does.
>>
File: guillemin.png (258 KB, 428x622) Image search: [Google]
guillemin.png
258 KB, 428x622
>>78898784
Because there was christian socialism before Marx came around lad.
Marxist doctrines are 100% materialist and thus hard to make compatible with christianity.

However, there was an old guard of catholic communists, but you younguns don't remember about them.
pic related
>>
>>78904802

>Most people do X, therefore Y

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/24/Appeal_to_Common_Belief
>>
>>78904884
You're always going to come back to
>>78904768

Science =/= Religion
Therefore the scientific method cannot be applied because it's not based on evidence it's based on belief.
>>
>>78905090

There cannot be evidence for the existence of something that doesn't exist.

If we can move past that and say religion is a philosophy, okay. Unfortunately most do not and you don't speak for them.
>>
Not Christian, but I wonder what the general consensus is on how the future of Christianity, and particularly Baptist styled Christianity should move in regards to the future.

Do you feel the Christian community has to evolve its policies, demographics, or communication in order to move forward? I've always seen Christians as pretty harmless, even the "radical Christians" which aren't really anything other than a name caller in terms of political power, but I have a hard time thinking this image has actually been working for them for a while.

Are you content with how politics and society uses/perceives you, or do you feel something needs to change in your community?
>>
>>78904863

There's no evidence for it. People "regard" them as so and so because they're the most fundamentally evident things to the supposedly sane portion of humanity

It's a trick to avoid infinite regressions, circular reasoning, and/or self-refuting beliefs

Axioms are "the starting point of reason", there's no justification before them
>>
>>78905193

It's not a trick, it's axiom, science isn't philosophy.

you can't just "trick the science" with reasoning, facts are facts.
>>
>>78905160

>There cannot be evidence for the existence of something that doesn't exist.

But something can exist for which there isn't any evidence
>>
>>78905374

Then all science asks for is evidence.
>>
>>78905160
Nigger it's agreed upon that the concept of God is much much more than just an entity, he's an embodiment of everything and everyone. Just like God, Christianity is CONCEPT that people grasp. When you FIND GOD you FIND YOURSELF. The only real people who take everything in the Bible literally are die hard believers and Protestants.
>>
>>78905168
Nothing needs to change yet; we're still on schedule for the end.
Our lack of power (right now) is our assurance of God's.
>>
>>78905277

But science is really not the absolute judge of facts

It's merely an ever-chancing framework of attempting to figure out facts

If anything, it's quite a relative judge, as its theories and """"facts"""" are always changing
>>
>>78905480

That's all opinion, not fact.
>>
File: 274032.jpg (309 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
274032.jpg
309 KB, 900x900
>>
>>78898042
>Canadian flag
>Act like a muslim

You fled the land of your demon god, you have no credibility as a muslim m8
>>
>>78905496

>But science is really not the absolute judge of facts

Science+Logic is the best thing we have, and it's not going anywhere.
>>
>>78905427
Should I call all the people who believe in Aliens idiots despite the only real evidence for aliens is the CONCEPT
that the universe is huge and expansive and has the capacity to harbor other life forms?
>>
>>78905427

Science will always ask for scientific evidence, and only scientific evidence though >>78904095

It's a self-contained system
>>
>>78905480

And how would you test such a definition of God? What would falsify it?
>>
>>78905501
THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT RELIGION IS!!! WHAT ARE YOU NOT GETTING?
>>
>>78905567
>Should I call all the people who believe in Aliens idiots

That would be rude.

>despite the only real evidence for aliens is the CONCEPT that the universe is huge and expansive and has the capacity to harbor other life forms?

More evidence for it than there is of God.

Plus, false equivalence, logical fallacy...yadda yadda.

that the universe is huge and expansive and has the capacity to harbor other life forms?
>>
>>78905549
Nah some limey cunt's semantics are the best thing we have.
>>
File: image.png (355 KB, 800x430) Image search: [Google]
image.png
355 KB, 800x430
Modern day crusader

FILTHY SODOMITES
>>
>>78905549

How do you *prove* that this is the best method?
>>
>>78905601

Scientific evidence includes anything you'd claim to be "super natural". If it exists, it's natural.
>>
>>78905168
A was listening to Memeneux and he had a priest on the show. The priest mentioned that aside from Orthodox and Evangelical churches, you can take the God and Bible out of the religion and preach nothing but morals taken from faith and it would have a similar effect.

I think Priests just want to be happy and secure in their faith while also knowing they're helping people be better people.

I was raised in a Catholic environment(catholic school from K-12, baptized, confirmed etc) and I also think, even if you the belief in God out, most of the morals and values of Christianity alone are worth teaching.
>>
>>78905614

Religion isn't opinion.
>>
>>78905685

>btfo
>>
>>78905685

>semantics

Elaborate.
>>
How do I become a Christian?
I have felt lost my entire life and seeing the establishment implode, and that my vote, my voice mattered, it's really changed my perspective on life and I feel like I am actually part of it, not just some loser jerking to traps and being bossed around by Feminists.
I want to change my life and having seen God, on the side of the decent people of Britain and revolution happening all over the world, the establishment tumbling down,
I see now that God exists, I was always on th fence but felt lost because all I saw was the neo-liberalism and political correctness.

There are lots of churches and denominations in my area, how do I know the right one for me?
Do you guys go to Church or just Christian in private?
>>
>>78905691

Axiom
>>
>>78905603
You don't test or falsify any of it because it's a philosophy!!!
>>78905702
I'll say it once more then go to bed,
SCIENCE=/=RELIGION
>>
>>78905702

Define natural

>inb4 google it

I want to know what you think it is
>>
>>78905840

Google.com
>>
>>78905823

"Axiom" and "evidence" are mutually exclusive concepts

Do you have other methods?
>>
>>78905834

>I'll say it once more then go to bed,
>SCIENCE=/=RELIGION

Depends.
>>
>>78905892

Nope.
>>
>>78905813
Go to a baptist church. Maybe a non denominational church if that's your thing.

A Christian is somebody who believes that Jesus is both the son of God, and God, and that Jesus died on the cross for the sins of humanity. That is what a Christian is, by the definition of The Bible. Believe in Jesus and receive eternal life.

Buy a study bible and start in the New Testament.
>>
File: 148973487594.jpg (134 KB, 895x895) Image search: [Google]
148973487594.jpg
134 KB, 895x895
>>78905868

Fuck
>>
>>78905813
It depends what kind of churches you have around you. If it's Roman Catholic, I'm confident you could always stop by after a weekday mass and ask any questions you may have.
>>
>>78905796
you see the sun gives light, keeps us warm, it creates life and u be telling that there be some cave people that die from it and they be telling they aint no devil bullshit nigga

How can crackers call us animals when they lack the Hu(e) in Human

>(G)—God: The Original Man, the "Blackman of Asia," the supreme form of life manifested, the mind of human beings; and humans are here to attain perfection by building and destroying, which shows and proves that Mathematics do not lie.
>>
>>78905813
Roman Catholicm is a false religion, it's not real Christianity. Don't fall into that, new Christians will go check out a Catholic Church and be like "wtf is this".
>>
>>78905705
I'd agree. I think it's worth noting that if you disregard the idea of "gods plan" for the sake of argument, it's not entirely unreasonable to believe that Christianity has survived so long(especially in modern first world society) because its fundamental values resonate extremely well with people.

>>78905493
I can respect that stance even if it doesn't fully address the question. Although it's getting me thinking how the perception of non-believers are easily out of tune with those of faith.

Cheers.
>>
>>78905934
I remember reading the New Testament in high school, so well over a decade ago, I remember the story, mostly, I just didn't feel like it spoke to me?
What happens if I read a Bible and feel nothing? I don't know if my belief would be very strong and maybe right now is just a phase, if you get my meaning?
I am worried that in a few months, I'll be depressed again and feel very different than right now.
>>
File: 1421170340244.jpg (61 KB, 472x874) Image search: [Google]
1421170340244.jpg
61 KB, 472x874
>>78906137

lol.
>>
>>78905549
You can't really use science and logic to prove that Jesus' tomb was empty 2000 years ago. All we have to go on is witness testimony and faith. Witness testimony is the considered the strongest type of evidence on court, BTW.
>>
File: 108150407777798.png (142 KB, 544x360) Image search: [Google]
108150407777798.png
142 KB, 544x360
>>78906137

>triggered

Appeal to Absurdity
>>
File: Quaker.jpg (63 KB, 348x394) Image search: [Google]
Quaker.jpg
63 KB, 348x394
If you guys ever have a meetup I can bring food.

such as

oatmeal
>>
>>78906328

There is no witness testimony.

But ignoring that, people don't come back from the dead.
>>
>>78906328
please define You
please define can't
please define really
please define use
please define science
please define and
please define logic
please define to
please define prove
please define that
please define Jesus'
please define tomb
please define was
please define empty
please define 2000
please define years ago.
please define All
please define we
please define have
please define to
please define go
please define on
please define is
please define witness
please define testimony
please define and
please define faith.
please define Witness
please define testimony
please define is
please define the
please define considered
please define the
please define strongest
please define type
please define of
please define evidence
please define on
please define court,
please define BTW.

>>78906359
please define Appeal to Absurdity
>>
>>78905967
There's all kinds of Churches from Roman Catholic, Anglican, Methodist, Evangelical, Mormon, Baptist.

>>78906153
Should I go with Church of England, it's the official religion of my country, I think the Royals were, since it was the Royal line that divorced itself from the Roman Catholics.
>>
>>78906186
>how I'll feel

I don't really feel much, it's more of an intellectual understanding than anything. I've been a Christian for 3 years now, and I mostly feel content. People who talk about "unexplainable joy" and all that, I think they're kinda crazy. Usually women.

I surely feel more emotionally healthy, and I'm way more sensitive to things that are evil or degenerate. I also have a driving impulse to win souls for Christ.

Studying the bible is interesting and also kinda mentally straining. You learn a lot of interesting things, but it's also like studying a textbook. Read through the book of proverbs, it is shocking now many subjects and scenarios are covered in there that we are seeing in society today.

Don't worry about feelings though. Feelings change all the time, it's more important to understand from an intellectual stand point.
>>
>>78906547
That's a good point, maybe I should have been more specific but it seems like other anons got you covered.
>>
>>78905771
You're right. It's an ideology. An ideology a network of interconnected memes.

For example "god made the universe" gives way to "god created natural law" which gives way to "homosexuality defies natural law and thereby defies god".

At its core is a central meme. Without accepting the central meme, none of the other memes make sense and the entire thing comes crashing down. For example, a person from 2000 who had never seen The Dark Knight Rises will never understand Baneposting. In the same way, someone who doesn't believe in Christianty's Core Meme (that the Bible is the word of an all-powerful creator deity) will never be a Christian.
>>
File: 14679265748054.png (275 KB, 545x530) Image search: [Google]
14679265748054.png
275 KB, 545x530
>>78906514

>so triggered

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/42/Appeal_to_Ridicule
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_ridicule
>>
Is this man literally the false prophet of Revelations?
>>
>>78906710

He's onto something, i always find people who believe God exists always ask me to redefine things for them. He's fucking hilarious, if you can't see the humor in it then lighten up.
>>
File: wGuUUZf.png (2 MB, 852x940) Image search: [Google]
wGuUUZf.png
2 MB, 852x940
Silly Christians, I will use science to disprove your "faith".

Even though I can't prove that the material world is an illusion without "faith".
Because the 5 material senses =/= trying to prove the material world exists doesn't exactly work.
I just believe it does through "faith".

I'm also going to ignore the Baryon Asymmetry problem even though there aren't any cosmological arguments that solve this without God.

Now let me continue to criticize your "faith" when my arguments in and of themselves stem from "faith" because I am assuming that the material world is objectively real even though there is absolutely no way to prove it is.

There will never be an objective way to prove God's existence.
There will never be an objective way to disprove God.

BUT IF YOU BELIEVE GOD EXISTS YOU ARE DUMB.

NO MOM, I'M NOT HYPOCRITICAL, BRING ME TENDIES.
>>
>>78906547
Just looked up Church of England. It's hard to tell what a church is really like from their website, but usually anything connected to Catholicism (especially Roman Catholicism) can be pretty bad. They've always operated like a business and been weak or totally wrong on their theology.

Many Brits tell me that they like "Hillsong church" in Britain. I personally don't, but I'm an independent Fundemental Baptist in theology, which is more of a masculine fire and brimstone doctrine. Not sure if they have those in Britain, sometimes it's hard to meet people in those churches too.

Try a Protestant church
>>
>>78906655
I'm going to expound on this because it's /pol/ related.

What do Christianity and Islam have in common with each other? The central meme. The holy book is the unquestionable word of an infallible creator.

Everything that comes after that is a matter of the book you read and the translation and how you interpret it. All that determines which of the possible secondary memes you also believe.

What is the Core Meme of the jews, anyways?

It isn't the same as the first two. It's "we are god's chose people".

Really makes you think.
>>
>>78906153
Protesrantism isn't Christian. This shows it >>78902631
>>
File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (876 KB, 1066x1500) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
876 KB, 1066x1500
>>78906973
>>
File: image.jpg (317 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
317 KB, 640x1136
>>78906986
Explain this
>>
>>78906611
Ok thanks for clearing that up, it actually makes a lot of sense.
I find the more emotionally unhappy I am, the more degenerate and self-destructive I feel, more inclined to not care and obviously.
>>
>>78906841
Did you know The Geneva Bible (the one before the King James version) says the Pope is the Anti-Christ?
>>
>>78906880

>He's onto something, i always find people who believe God exists always ask me to redefine things for them

It's called actually thinking about your beliefs instead of blindly accepting them

It's the standard that new atheists claim to live up to, and because it's an almost impossible standard it kind of blows up on them
>>
File: image.jpg (217 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
217 KB, 640x1136
>>78906986
Anything Protshit is not Christian
>>
File: image.jpg (183 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
183 KB, 1136x640
>>78906986
Eat shit baptist loser
>>
>>78898744
>>
>>78906973

>I'm also going to ignore the Baryon Asymmetry problem even though there aren't any cosmological arguments that solve this without God.

Plenty of theories exist, plenty compelling findings. Just because there is nothing yet, doesn't mean it's God, just like every other cosmological question in history.
>>
>>78907152

I question science, science actively questions itself constantly, we are constantly rebuilding the card house.
>>
>>78907335

I love how you post this from a computer, on the internet
>>
>>78907413

>Netherlands

Please elaborate.
>>
File: image.jpg (343 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
343 KB, 1366x768
>>78906986
Try this
>>
>>78907443

Elaborate what?
>>
>>78907481

statement.
>>
File: tmp_8288-hgelgt759083880.jpg (143 KB, 600x705) Image search: [Google]
tmp_8288-hgelgt759083880.jpg
143 KB, 600x705
>>78907443
I think you read that flag wrong it's clearly Colgate sensitivity enamel toothpaste.
>>
>>78907551

What statement? That you can't develop computers or the internet through prayer?
>>
>>78907586

lol
>>
>>78907626

I never claimed that.
>>
>>78907253
where is that church what part of Krakow I saw it the other day but i don't remember where
>>
>>78907335

>questioning science/ science questioning itself

Science is built upon unquestionable things

>naturalism
>empiricism
>the universal inductability of theories

If you question these, it is not science (the method)
>>
>>78907248
You're just spamming a bunch of paragraphs out of context at me. I don't even know what you're trying to say.

Over here, Protestantism basically means non-denominational. The theology is fairly simple and focuses on basic concepts from The Bible.
>>
>>78907664

>Science is built upon unquestionable things

Flimsy argument.

>If you question these, it is not science (the method)

Elaborate.
>>
>>78907655

https://www.google.pl/maps/place/Church+of+St.+Joseph/@50.0434302,19.947601,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x47165b44ad30d997:0xe59203eae9ce6ea9!8m2!3d50.0434302!4d19.9497897
>>
>>78907694
Except when they are not even out of context and opposes Sola ScriptUra and the non realist view of the Eucharist. Look at you pathetic piece of baptist shit
>>
>>78907468
Uhh okay. This guy is making claims without quoting any scripture, just like Catholics always do.
Catholicism just adds a bunch of nonsense into the theology, usually in a round-about way to get money from you. All of this emphasis on Mary, the saints, purgatory, confession Blah blah blah, NONE of that is in The Bible. I don't care what some liberal academic creep theorizes in some book that is passed out in a b-rate philosophy of religion course. Just read the bible and stop reading second hand accounts of the bible.
>>
>>78907654

No, but you do question the validity of a method that produced something you're currently using right now, which makes questioning it pretty pointless
>>
>>78907962

You misunderstood.

I'm agnostic btw.
>>
>>78907790
>holy see of orthodoxy is owned by muslims
>bishop of rome lives in a 100% catholic city
schismatic please go
>>
>>78907694
Don't reply. Malayfag is either a troll or an incredibly autistic Catholic who thinks he's making actual points.
>>
>>78907734

Basically, if you stop believing that observation is the main source of knowledge (empiricism), your method of investigation becomes either 50% formal logic/ pure mathematics, and 50% experiments and observation, or mostly the former

The former are called formal sciences (but are not really science in the way we're talking about), while the latter are natural sciences

Natural sciences also presume (not demonstrate) the
existence of the natural (physical) world

Also, there is the concept of "laws of nature" (universal inductability/ application of theories), which is presumed, but indemonstrable
>>
>>78907655
well im glad I don't see them much where I live they need to get out of Poland. they just started showing up in Krakow a year or 2 ago and they play they shitty music and try to pick pocket people on the main square
>>
File: f5f.png (166 KB, 599x464) Image search: [Google]
f5f.png
166 KB, 599x464
In all honesty, I really don't mind atheists/agnostics whatsoever, they're nice people.

The only reason I'm refuting arguments is because people are willingly coming into a thread titled "Christian General" and sperging out saying HOW DARE YOU BELIEVE THINGS I DON'T LIKE; I don't go into r/fedora, so it's not a positive trait to come in here.

I think the people that use Christianity like the Westboro Church fuckwads use it as fuel for their narcissistic superiority complex (U GO TO HELL BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE IN SOMETHING I DON'T OR LISTEN TO METAL MUSIC REEE).

I also think the edgy euphoric katana wielders that wear Columbine trenchcoats are cringy as fuck and think they're more (psuedo)-intelligent than other deists.

Personally I don't try to convert people, and the only time I would ever "declare" my beliefs is if someone came up to me.

I think both sides have benefits and drawbacks, I have no quarrels with you people, I just want to discuss my personal beliefs in a general thread and current events like venting about the Pope being a liberal dipshit.

I have no quarrels with you people.
If anything Atheists/Agnostics and Christians have the common enemy of Islam and need to make a temporary "truce", more than anything.
>>
>>78908051
>sect nigger noise.
>>
>>78908086

Okay.
>>
>>78907938
Thank you for showing the epitome of PROTSHIT apologetics. So Shit it must ignore scholarly research on the subject. No wonder idiots like you deny science and evolution!
>>
File: Blue_Mosque.jpg (92 KB, 630x420) Image search: [Google]
Blue_Mosque.jpg
92 KB, 630x420
>>78908152
i wont insult you, is just sad to see that you'd rather see a mosque on constantinople than acknoledge the supremacy of the bishop of rome as the vicar of christ
>>
>>78908149
>westboro
People don't know that they're actually a clever group of lawyers who try to get sued, so they can counter due with constitutional law. They use Fundemental baptist beliefs to get attention.

>don't push beliefs
If you're a Christian, the bible commands The Great Commision. We're supposed to push our beliefs, obviously not violently or in an oppressive way.

>pope
Dude is Satan
>>
>>78908149
>I don't go into r/fedora

It's not like all Atheists actually view Christians in the way that you are describing, some of us simply don't believe in god and that's it. I live in a Christian community, I have christian family and christian friends, I've personally experienced extremely simple coexistence.

>If anything Atheists/Agnostics and Christians have the common enemy of Islam and need to make a temporary "truce",
I don't think that's necessary, infact don't think we even need to bring in the faith aspect of it to fight a common enemy. We can just look at Islam and say "Nah I don't want a bunch of murdering rapists who will kill me for living my life in my country".
>>
>>78907253
The most dusgusting things in Poland are monuments with jesus in colour.
Like fucking Ronald Mcdonald.
>>
>>78908293
>scholarly research
>I'm too lazy to ever open the bible myself so I let liberal professors with a strong bias spoon feed me things

anybody who believes in evolution is 100% brainwashed
>>
>>78908516
Hypocrite
>>
>>78907938
Catholicism has 3 major foundational points; Sola Scriptura, church heirarchy, and the early church's oral traditions. Martin Luther argued against the latter two which is why things like priests, Mary, the saints, and the like are all absent from Protestantism which only clings to the idea of Sola Scriptura.
>>
File: 1454019461569.jpg (84 KB, 599x756) Image search: [Google]
1454019461569.jpg
84 KB, 599x756
>>78908394
>sect nigger thinks that GOD live in some city or building

Its why catholics same shit like communist or materialistic monkeys
>>
>>78908516

>anybody who believes in evolution is 100% brainwashed

Let's just set aside all of the scientific evidence and plenty of other respectable findings that point towards evolution for the sake of argument.

What do you propose happened?
>>
>>78907152
You could say that you feel euphoric at this moment, cause, unlike me, you've been blessed by a faulty concept with an iq of 155 which allows you to come up with literal non-arguments, too vague to be used for the defense of Deism, let alone Christianity.

*deus vults respectfully*

>>78907664
and treat the simple and tangible as something immaterial, mystical, fucking weird, arcane, dungeons and dragons gobbledygook.Try to make it sound as absurd as the concept of an immortal consciousness, more bullshit semantics ensue, question questions, answer questions with questions......rinse and repeat.

But Dodge the Dogma.This is the William Craig tactic.Distort everything to the point where a (any)Deity could makes sense but he just shoehorns Jesus.

>>78907734
makes ya think
>>
>>78908568
I know. It's no coincidence that there is constant sexual scandal in the Catholic Church. It's a denomination lead by reprobate sodomite faggots.
>>
>>78908588
chek'd
>schimatics dont care about the symbolism behind the churches dedicated to God
i guess you'd have no problem to celebrate Mass on your latrine
>>
>>78908608
>scholarly findings
>a bunch of government funded programs with scientists concluding "we think we've *almost* found ___"

God is clear what happened in the book of Genesis.
>>
>>78908638

True.
>>
>>78908801

>Book of Genesis.

Not Scientific evidence.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 60

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.