[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What laguage should I learn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: image.png (37 KB, 300x267) Image search: [Google]
image.png
37 KB, 300x267
/pol/
There's a languages school next to my house

They offer courses of English, German, Chinese and Italian
>What language is more important for making business?
>>
>>78872285
want a job? english
>>
>>78872285
Well, you know english already. Try taking up chinese. Italians & germans are too far down the drain to ever be relevant again in near future.
>>
Chinese, but its a pain in the ass
>>
>>78872285
Australian.
>>
>>78872285
hebrew
>>
>>78872285
Obviously polish
>>
If you speak english fluently then chinese, they will fuck us up so knowing their language could be a good idea
>>
>>78872285
Danish? Can I ask why anyone would want to learn that atrocious language?
>>
>>78872285
DO NOT LEARN CHINESE
FUCKING MEME LANGUAGE

I vote against my interests and say German.
>>
>>78872285
Arabic if you want to do business in Europe in the future
>>
Greenlandic.
Why would you need to know any other language?
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 485x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 485x303
Is "Chinese is a difficult as fuck language" a meme or it's real?
>>
>>78872846
Ching chong wing Wong
Try making sense out of that. Good luck.
>>
>>78872285
Somali
>>
>>78872846
Yes. It doesn't use an alphabet and there are no tenses. Also, literally the only country that uses it is China, unlike English or at least Spanish/French which are pretty global.
>>
>>78872726
Im learning it because I am engaged to an aryan goddess from Denmark.
>>
>>78872285
Any but chinese. Do as you please, maybe even all of them eventually.
>>
>>78873251
Im guaranteeing you right now that regardless of how she looks her language isn't goddesslike at all.
>>
File: 1464761145286.jpg (18 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1464761145286.jpg
18 KB, 292x257
>>78873111
>>
DO NOT LEARN CHINESE.

Someone please post that long as fuck image of an anon telling you why you shouldn't learn chinese for business.

>>78872846
Real. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lion-Eating_Poet_in_the_Stone_Den
>>
if you just want to go through the course easily, I'd suggest Italian.
It's really close to Spanish in some aspects.
Source: Started learning spanish in middle school
If you want business I guess just go for German or whatever.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 845x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 845x640
>>78873508
>>78873251
Confirmed, Danish is a half-aborted abomination of the Swedish language.
>>
>>78872726
kartoffel kusse
>>
>>78872285

In general order of mileage:

1 Spanish
2 French
3 German
4 Mandarin
5 Italian
6 Russian
7 Nordic languages
8 Anything else
>>
>>78872285
Want something useful?
English

Want to be edgy and think that you are superior?
German

Want to have a useless skill that for some reason will be admired amongst other people?
Chinese

I can't think of anything about Italian, its just useless.
>>
You should learn ancient Aramaic.
>>
>>78873555
Isn't it because it has like a million and 1 dialects, and the moment they realize you speak Chinese they just switch to some different version of chingching so you still can't understand them unless you literally made learning Chinese your life goal and have mastered it "completely", at which they switch to Korean/Japanese?

So for the purposes of understanding their sneaky talk it doesn't help you, and for the purpose of making yourself understood English suffices, as all chingchongchowwows business people speak it.

At least tat is how I remember it.
>>
>>78874643

>at which they switch to Korean

Never heard of this, but i don't live in Vancouver or Toronto. Do they actually do this?
>>
>>78872285
Russian, Arabic and Spanish.
>>
>>78872285
Chinese because it is the most spoken language in the world.
>>
>>78873555
I don't know this image you speak of but I do know that it's customary for asians to just use english for business.

There's no "best" language to learn, just learn the one that the people around you speak. And by those criteria, English is good enough. Maybe French since there's a lot of still French speaking countries from colonial times, but even then, French isn't too useful if you end up going to work in Germany or Mexico or w/e
>>
File: lrNHGbS.png (946 KB, 1400x5552) Image search: [Google]
lrNHGbS.png
946 KB, 1400x5552
>>78873555

This?
>>
>>78872846
I'm part Chinese and I have a hard time learning it.
>>
>>78875141
Yes thanks senpai.
>>
>>78872285

Learning Chinese will generally keep you with a job for the rest of your life as a translator. English is something you should know already, regardless of nation.

German.. Meh.. Why bother? They'll be speaking Arabic within 15-20 years.

Italian? Hah! You can order a pizza anywhere.
>>
File: 1466965593674.gif (2 MB, 370x689) Image search: [Google]
1466965593674.gif
2 MB, 370x689
Learn Russian. Trust me.

>Dem lovely Russian ladies.
>>
>>78874643
I really want to learn Arabic for this purpose. I remember a friend (who unfriended me) used to talk in arabic with his friends for extended time wehn out at the hooka bar. Thinking back they might have been trying to get me in on their community and eventually convert me, by first playing to my political sensibilities (At the time I was pro palestine and talked to him about it for a while)

I want to know what they are saying about me, but not reveal my power level so they stop
>>
File: 1462302678295.png (163 KB, 360x360) Image search: [Google]
1462302678295.png
163 KB, 360x360
>>78875242
>Italian

What do you call an Italian slum?

A....SPAGHETTO!

YOW!
>>
Also the most important part of learning a language is that you can get/are willing to get a high level of exposure to it, and actually enjoy it.

If you can't do that don't learn it.
>>
>>78873508
Well, its hot in bed, fellow burger. Nothing like a wild bitch scratching you and screaming at you in a foreign language while you horse and buggy plow dat pucci mayne
>>
>>78875141
>tl;dr sadfrog post from some /r9k/-esque human failure
DID
NOT
READ
>>
>>78872285
One time I was doing work for this Chinese botox doctor or whatever guy... A Chinese guy who sold and injected botox. Nothing special, I was just building out his office, and he was pretty chill. He ordered this giant glass display case from China, and asked me if he could pay me some cash money to put it together for him, because he didn't know how. I like having some extra cash, and that shit is easy for me, and like I said he was chill, so I wanted to help him out. So he brings me all these boxes that contain the glass and parts I need, so I start unpacking. I have this giant pile of glass, and parts in front of me, and it seems like it's all I'm going to need, I can't really tell, because there are no instructions, or parts lists, but whatever, it seems like plenty... Just one thing that's odd. There's this extra box, that I haven't opened yet, it's an odd size, and I can't fathom what could be in it, and it definitely shipped with the rest of the stuff. So I think
>huh, I must be missing something
So I open it up, and at first glance, it seems like whatever is in the box, is packaged in old newspapers.
>Fucking Chinese
So I stick my arm in the box, but I'm not finding anything, so I start paying attention, and notice that it's actually not just old newspapers, but garbage of all types. Chinese ramen noodles, banana peels, Cup of Soup, and all sorts of other crap. Then I get hit with the smell... The Chinese manufacturer actually packed up a box of garbage, and nothing else, and shipped it to this dude. The next day I had a bunch of weird bites all over my arm. None of this was the botox guy's fault, but damn shit was nasty, and I'm pretty sure highly illegal.
>Fucking Chinese
I got payed by the dude and everything though.
>>
>>78876144
This. It's why I learned Japanese and it's probably part of the reason the whole world can learn English. I'm worried I won't be able to get as much exposure with Chinese and Spanish.
>>
File: 1466555666868.jpg (30 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
1466555666868.jpg
30 KB, 350x350
>>78875693
>>
>>78875628
Learning Russian. Speak Dutch German English French Swedish Spanish and Japanese
Still poor.
Probs time to end self soon™
>>
>>78877403
Dun worry anon, u still yung
>>
>>78872285
English if you are looking for work in call centers, chink if you want to do business in the future since amerifat and europoor economy will fall in the next 20 years
>>
>>78872285
>chinese
it is not an economic language: it's to cumbersome to convoy accurate and quick information while using it
>>
>>78877678
*too
>>
>>78872285
The art of the deal.
>>
>>78877491
Laughable CV
Laughable education, useless uni papers I trolled myself into wasting years on
Only thing I have going for me are the languages and being fit.
Considering trying out for Commando Corps as I have spent all my life on military bases and that is what I know. Odds are they'll pick some 18 year old over me though, easier to train and more years to give.
Businesses don't care about my languages without business papers or experience.
I'll be working dead end jobs for years to come while I play catch up with my CV in night classes.
Not really worried per se, but I had my chances and I blew em, all there is left is to try to make the best of and enjoy the mess I put myself in.
>>
>>78878266
Same boat as you anon.
Got suspended a year from uni, worked the whole time but got depressed af.
I was doing a project for Russian class, going to a Russian restaurant. The classmate, a 18 y.o.girl, picked me up. She came in while I was getting ready. Before we left, I showed her an old rifle and pistol of my roomie, (the pisty he used in Iraq, the rifle looked like it was from the 1800s)
Fast forward 72hrs and cops at my door saying someone said I assaulted them.
Plan on going back to school after saving up for half a year.
I was just shitty with money and let my suspension fuck with my attitude for too long. (
Now I'm working 6 days a week, trying to make the best of my situation.
>>
>>78879237
I had a good shot at joining the airforce when I was 17. Passed the initial selection rounds.
Family talked me out of it "no job propects, defense is downsizing, you'll be sent all over the place, bad pay, your grades are great don't waste them, they'll kick you out after 10 years tops, deskjob4life after few years of flying" and convinced me to do an academic study.
Hated it, but family was super proud.
In my 4th year, still hating it, 3 family members die and 1 is was entering later stages of Alzheimer, take care of this family member, lose even more interest in my study, can barely get myself to go back after ~4 months time off for the caretaking.
The languages sound cool on paper, but I lived on the Dutch/German border with French father and English mother, so those 4 languages were a given, French and Spanish learnt following regular highschool curriculum, learned Swedish because of friends (and when you speak Dutch and German it really is quite an easy language to learn). Honestly the only language I take some pride in knowing is Japanese.
So at the end of that I had no proper study to speak of, but no job experience either outside of lamo driving cars around or some shit job at a local shop.

Ironic thing is my dad ended up joining the military for pretty much the same reason I will if I manage to get in. He was talked into doing a study he hated, then dropped out, but without papers, no real job experience and a familly unhappy about his dropout he joined @25.
>>
>>78881580
/r9k/ out I suppose
>>
>>78872285
>What language is more important for making business?
What sort of business? I doubt not knowing a third language is stopping you from being entrepreneurial.
>>
File: 0bb.jpg (127 KB, 1109x910) Image search: [Google]
0bb.jpg
127 KB, 1109x910
>>78872285
>Learning German, wanted to study abroad
>Reached level B1 (intermediate)
>Germany decides to invite the whole Arabian peninsula inside
>Now I don't wanna go there
Es fühlt schlecht, Mann.
>>
>>78872285

All of those are worthless except for English.

German and Italian are fun, beautiful languages but irrelevant. Chinese is a meme.
>>
>>78882142
It's ok bro, I'm learning German atm and I will not set foot there again, if ever.

fun language though
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.