[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Foreign Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6
File: FFLegion.jpg (2 MB, 2820x1850) Image search: [Google]
FFLegion.jpg
2 MB, 2820x1850
I'm an American currently training and getting myself in shape to join the FFL.

I will be traveling to France in the spring to try and enlist. Anyone have stories/experience trying to join?
>>
Better than you have tried and failed. Settle for something easier like getting up early, have a shower and shave.
>>
>>78867983
Have fun, traitor
>>
>>78867983
Why?
>>
>>78867983
Be prepared to lose your citizenship. I can teach you french if you want.
>>
File: 1417280831259.jpg (774 KB, 3712x2712) Image search: [Google]
1417280831259.jpg
774 KB, 3712x2712
>>78867983
1/10 applicants make it in. Learning French increases odds. Also your unit commander will be shit tier.
>>
>>78867983
Why dumb nigger? The EU literally gives citizenship to anyone who shows up and passed a law recently that states no person is in any EU country illegally.
>>
>>78867983
Best of luck OP. The training is brutal and if you make it, there is a good chance you will see combat in an African shithole. No stories or anything but I know they do a lot of running and marching.

If you do make it, it's something to be damn proud of.
>>
This thread was posted almost word-for-word by a canadian yesterday. Wtf.
>>
>>78867983
you won't last a day
>>
File: Usmc.jpg (76 KB, 311x300) Image search: [Google]
Usmc.jpg
76 KB, 311x300
>>78867983
>being American
>having the opportunity to become a Marine
>joining French eurocucks instead of becoming a Marine
>>
>>78870265
What is the best language to learn if I were to use Switzerland as a little side-country? You know, just have other assets there.
>>
>>78867983
Hope you like running.

Why not join the burger army though OP, I mean the FFL is pretty manly and Redpilled but you're literary seen as a completely expandable foreigner
>>
>>78870921
I don't think they realize the "Foreign" part of the name, also being based in the most immigrant city in europe
>>
>>78867983
Hello William
>>
>>78867983

So am I anon. I'm literally going in about a week and a half, already got my ticket booked.

There are so many Legion threads on /pol/ lately though, there was a Britburka the other day, one a few days before that and now an American fellow too. I am an Aussie BTW.

>>78870465
>and passed a law recently that states no person is in any EU country illegally.

Is this for fucking real. As an Aussie could I just go over to Europe and stay forever, or do I have to be a refugee?
>>
> be me
> me and my friends want to join army
> i join the FFL and they join the marines
> pass training
> our units get assigned to the same post in iraq
> expolosions
> oh shit
> grab muskets
> put on weird top hat things
> get on horse
> my friends and their unit mobilize in humvees
> rendezvous near the combat zone
> charge into the battlefield
> commander tells us to drop our weapons
> what
> commands us to take out our french flags and wave them in the air
> our unit fucking surrendered in the middle of a gunfight
> meanwhile my marine friends mow down towelheads one at the time
> marines killed off taliban
> commander tells our unit to surrender to the marines too
> tfw
>>
>>78867983
What's wrong with our military. We get in the shit and you can understand someone when they yell "duck!".
>>
>>78870100
this. I'm pretty sure that while France is an ally etc. etc. there's some clause that prohibits you from taking arms in a foreign country. they still hang people for treason in America I think.

>>78869966
This is sensible. do this. and join the marines, where you're more likely to be on some tropical R&R and get way better pay, and if you want to get some, you can put your name into the hat, however it works. legionnaires get like 6k euros or something.

>>78870516
truly their training is meant to break you. and break you. and make no sense like having a loose thread on the inside of your boot during an inspection. it's autistic lunacy but it works well and cultivates dependability, responsibility and reliability.

also, chances are you're seriously going to be deployed in silence to some middle of nowhere shit hole and get aids. and the super aids. you're going to get aids twice.
>>
Do you speak French?
>no
Definitely don't waste your time
>yes
Still wasting your time.
>>
>>78867983
youre making a big mistake
unless you have BIG issuse back home FFL will not be a good expirence
>>
the FFL is a shitty meme force full of criminals and deadbeats, and is still just another arm of NATO

just join your local army instead

>>78870921
100% of marines are garbage human beings

at least go army/navy/air proper instead of the hick wigger branch
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 500x553) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 500x553
>>78870921
Not OP but I'm signing up for the ROTC soon.

Facts about me:
>I'm 18 going to college next year
>I'm obese but have been getting in shape and want to get /fit/ in the army

I've got a business partner who's doing the same thing and we're both looking to get into financial analysis after.
If I were to ship out after college is there any way I could stay relatively close to my buddy, by location I mean? And is it common for soldiers to enter the business world after they come back?

I guess my question is how do I avoid fucking myself over, what should I join and what are some tips in general.

Figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread
>>
>>78867983
Prepare yourself to be bullied, legionaries must have a steel mental.
>>
>>78871185

What the fuck? Please tell us more about this, anon.
>>
>joining a unit that dangles French citizenship to French speaking Africans in exchange for being cannon fodder for a set amount of time in their secret wars in West Africa
Shiggy diggy dont
>>
>>78871230
>Marines
>Joining the meme forces
>Getting worse equipment than the army while pretending to be elite
Marines are for retards too dumb to realize that their branch is literally useless.
>>
>>78870950
Best would be german. French is easier for you though...
>>
>>78867983
The French Foreign Legion is full of completely horrible niggers that cannot even return to their home countries without being thrown in jail (with good reason)

You do not want to be in a unit with these people
>>
>>78871230
>truly their training is meant to break you. and break you. and make no sense like having a loose thread on the inside of your boot during an inspection. it's autistic lunacy
lmao fucking cadets have this you pansy

I'm a naval reservist and my basic had that shit, its really not the hard part at all

unless you are a useless shitpump who can't even clean a room, which most young westerners seem to be these days
>>
>>78871185
>1417280831259.jpg
>774 KB JPG
It's illegal for the French foreign legion to surrender...
>>
>>78871600
t. cuck who got destroyed second day of training in the ffl.

we have a word for ppl like you: weak faggot
>>
>>78871230
>also, chances are you're seriously going to be deployed in silence to some middle of nowhere shit hole and get aids. and the super aids. you're going to get aids twice.

libyafag? or westguineafag? are CS-OPX?
>>
>>78871730
I'm not even in the Marines but if you honestly believe that you've been buying into the bantz too hard. That's not to say that they dont get shafted for other reasons, but you sound like a dingus.
>>
File: canadian soldier.jpg (108 KB, 600x451) Image search: [Google]
canadian soldier.jpg
108 KB, 600x451
>>78871817
>>78871600

The FFL can rape your ass and the ass of your "soldiers" with both hand tied
>>
>>78871138
You'd be a refugee, you'd go to the processing centre, give them your rape alias, get an ID and placement in a home where you would be able to ficki your host"s children.
>>
Do you have military experience? If not, don't even bother going to their recruiting office. I know 2 guys with 16 years of service in the Marine Corps between them that attempted to join the FFL and BOTH of them were denied entry. The FFL is very picky about who they let into their ranks, and even if you have an extensive military background the chances of them accepting you into the legion is small.
>>
>>78871878
it's sort of besides the point, there's no relenting, and I'm sure basic =/= FFL school. 72 hours of running and shit, and they hang you out to dry over pocket lint.
I mean, if you find PT and live fire exercises to be the "hard part" maybe the forces wasn't the most optimal career path.

if you're a little lost, it's not actually about the pocket lint.

>>78872152
lol no idea
>>
>>78867983

The FFL seems like it'd be full of absolute trash.

What kind of human beings would think it'd be a good idea to join?
>>
>>78867983
you dont need to speak french, you will learn it pretty quick like everyone does... if you can pass training you are good, chances are you cant and wont tho... the FFL are brutal, everything is brutal but having served elsewhere, i can tell you it has a very unique corps spirit. i would die for the legion, twice. without hesitation. I know my brothers would, that's what it is.

You will get to sing pretty shitty army song, like the fucking Boudin one,
thats alright

lots of slavs, russians, some niggers (but the one that make it are great ppl), lots of frenchmen (esp. officers), some chinks (again, the ones that make it aren't your average sushi maker), very few arabs and almost no mexicans kek
>>
>>78872403

I've heard that they don't want people with too much military experience because they don't like big ego cunts who think they know everything and don't like being retrained. They want fresh meat to mold themselves.

>>78872259

So it only applies to third worlders?
>>
>>78870377
And 95% of the time you will be protecting the flow of cocoa beans in the Côte d'Ivoire.
>>
>>78872162
>Army stopped using the M103 heavy tank in 1963, marines continued to use them for another 11 years (Soviets stopped using heavy tanks in 1967, Brits stopped in 1966)
>Marines still used M60A1s during the gulf war
>US hasn't carried out a landing against a hostile force since Inchon
>The army fought at Inchon
>>
>>78872403

This. It's fucked now - too many recruits so they're pickier than the navy at a gay nightclub.
>>
>>78871817
This chink is correct. First of all, learn French before you enlist. You must be able to dpeak French quickly and they do beat you.

Second. Would you join an Army or Marine unit made up of American blacks they pulled from death row? Then why would you for France?
>>
>>78872555
nice trips

there are a variety of people, life is hard on some people you know... the only thing that matter is: is the person to my left ready to fight and die for the legion.. the answer is always yes.
>>
Doesn't Russia have a foreigner military unit? Join them instead so you don't get one of those shitty famas' that need special steel case 556.

>blowback intermediate calibers
>kek
>>
>>78872810

Wouldn't it be opposite since all the third worlders are trying their luck being a refugee, the only people who'd still want to sign up to the Legion for citizenship are south americans, and maybe easy asians. The rest would be westerners doing it for the experience.
>>
>>78872886
you don't need to know french very well, most don't and pick it up...

i didn't, you do get beaten up anyway so what good is it to learn french beforehand... if you cant handle that bantz, the legion isn't for you
>>
Its not all Africans, there are plenty of Brits etc. But most of them are half-crazy masochists, don't even join unless you are really hard, I doubt you are since you are here posting on 4chan/
>>
the chink is right >>78872641

militaryfag, especially former officers who think they are the shit aren't liked, most can't shut up or get shit done without crying (literally) >>78872810
>>
>>78872910

What sort of training do you get?

What is the FFL used for generally? How often do they see combat?
>>
>>78873002

Either the recruitment is super racist or exotics have never really been that interested. It's still mostly white, lots of Americans who turn up because they romanticize the FFL. People know that it bumps up your chances with private outfits to have experience in the FFL so with the number of former soldiers with combat experience in Afghan and Iraq recruitment can be picky. Budget restrictions mean a cap on placements every year too, so they can't just sign everyone up.
>>
>>78872249
Pardon me, did you just say something to me eh? I'll have you know I graduated at the top of my class in the Canadian Politeness Force, and I've been involved in numerous secret runs to Tim Hortons, and I have over 300 confirmed friends. I am trained in welcoming warfare and am the most passive aggressive member of the entire canadian population. You are a person that I have yet to make friends with. I will talk to you with kindness the likes of which have never been seen before on this earth, mark my passiveness. You think you can get away with not saying thank you? Think again, neighbour. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of syrup drinking moose across the northern territories and your IP is being traced so you better prepare for the gift baskets, buddy. The gift baskets that not only contain Gift cards, but donuts from tim hortons too. You're gonna be befriended, guy. I can be nice anywhere, anytime, and can be nice to you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just if I write letters. Not only am i extensively trained in passive aggressive combat, but I have access to the entire moose army of the Canadian Maple Leaf Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to welcome your friendly ass right into the neighbourhood. You little neighbourino. If you had only known what friendly retribution your comment was about to bring down, maybe you would have eaten poutine with me. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're gonna let me pay the bill because that's how nice I am, guy. I will put you in the hospital and it will cost nothing cause our healthcare is free. I'll say sorry now, friendo.
>>
>>78873468
doing all the shit the regular french army doesn't want to do, they're seen as expendable and have a proud history of getting into last stands in various wars while the french army seems to somehow avoid such fates.

that being said they ARE a bunch of hard bastards.
>>
>>78870720
we survivors of the legit /pol/ call Shilling my sir,and it's everywhere on this board and outside of it
>>
>>78873818
call it*
>>
>>78872641
Grow a beard but not a moustache, and don't wash for a few weeks before applying and you'll fit right in.
>>
op theres far easier ways to rape Bosnians than joining the FFL

>>78873751
>literal frenchman posts
>you freak out about canadians
that kopip is solid gold tho senpai i r8 it 8/8
>>
>>78867983
And the Russian foreign army?
>>
>>78867983

Dude, you will never get into the FFL as a foreigner, ironically.

Most individuals in the FFL are already french, and have already served within the french military.

You may pass selection if you

>have a prior service record
>speak french fluently
>and aren't going to flunk out or suicide yourself because you can't stand the hazing and high expectations
>>
>>78871632
>18 year old officers
cant wait for you to get beat up in a bar for trying to lord over an enlisted that you're important even though you're just an ensign or cadet or w/e weird name yanks use for day one officers

anyway more likely than not youre gonna get swole at basic and then get very fat immediately after because the military does not actually do much physical work outside of frontline combat roles. you will likely get pushed through despite your bad physical shape now, since again, it's not really that important in the "real" world. it is common for state militaries to have fairly high turnover, but iirc americans tend to stay in longer because the type of person who joins in the first place generally does not have good prospects to leave towards once they're tired of service.

financial analysis doesnt sound like something military pedigree would help you to get into, so maybe just go to college and get a gym membership and someone to spot you???
>>
>>78875346
At best 1/3 French speaker in the ffl and a minority of native French (except the officers of course)

The good thing is that you won't stay in France and will travel a lot, war or not. And yes you will fight for real, they're not paid to stay sit.
>>
File: 1442079474719.jpg (32 KB, 339x339) Image search: [Google]
1442079474719.jpg
32 KB, 339x339
>>78867983
Hey, Fuckface OP:

STOP POSTING SAME THREAD EVERY DAY

Sincerely,

Fuck you.
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.