[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CHRISTIAN GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: wwt.jpg (337 KB, 1025x725) Image search: [Google]
wwt.jpg
337 KB, 1025x725
Christians, report!

Can we celebrate the triumph over the attempt to force a Vatican II on the Orthodox Church?

>the Council could have changed the Orthodox churches' ossified attitude toward the rest of Cristendom, which has not changed since the Dark Ages. To Orthodox Christians, all other denominations are heresies, not churches. Some steps toward more ecumenism and more openness would already constitute serious progress for what is now the most conservative of Christian denominations. Patriarch Bartholomew, a friend of Pope Francis's, was determined to push it through.

But

>the Russian Orthodox church, the biggest of all potential participants, has pulled out at the last moment, following the defection of three smaller churches, and the Council has been rendered meaningless or even damaging to future attempts to bring Orthodox Christianity into the 21st century.

http://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE1FzSC8DBs

Orthodox pastebin with FAQ for other faiths as well as atheists: http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
>>
>>78852722
STOP THESE THREADS!!!

just stop, you know for a fact that this is virtue signaling and nothing else, your religion shouldn't be something you flaunt to the masses, its a personal relation with God-almighty, and should be private.
>>
>>78853026
>nothing else
if you want a moral excuse it's to spread the word of god to the masses

also it's a general where everyone can participate, and some people may even have specific question on christianity / to christians

there is literally nothing wrong with these threads
>>
>>78852722
Fuck off jewish shill.
>>
>>78853026
I've never seen a papist triggered this hard
>>
File: 23424324.jpg (143 KB, 800x1002) Image search: [Google]
23424324.jpg
143 KB, 800x1002
>>78853026
>You are the light of the world. A city located on a hill cannot be hidden. People do not light a lamp and put it under a basket but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before people, so that they can see your good deeds and give honor to your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:14-16)
>>
Catholic here, well done Orthobros. Here's hoping we get a properly Traditional Pope soon, just in time for the Third Nicene Council in 2025. Maybe one of the Africans.
>>
>>78855004
Yeah, but I don't see your cardinals electing such a pope

>>78849038
>>78849104
>>
>>78852722
Feelz gooood.
>>
>>78853026
>78853026
Fuck off cuck there is no separation between the religious and the secular world in the true christian religion.
>>
>>78855004

I also cheer on this guy. I can only imagine leftists butthurt when there will be based black pope.
>>
>>78855004
>Wanting to fulfill end world prophesies
>>
File: FB_IMG_14576133265083504.jpg (90 KB, 320x366) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_14576133265083504.jpg
90 KB, 320x366
>>78852722
The bible describes him
As a man with wooly hair and bronze skin
Then y'all white people claim that son of god was white
Smh fuck white people
>>
>>78856534

Superior General of the Society of Jesus is also called "black pope", and francis is jesuit.
>>
>>78856766
But black people don't have wooly hair. Have you ever felt wool?
>>
>>78856766
the message is more important than the messenger
>>
File: World's End church.jpg (28 KB, 600x401) Image search: [Google]
World's End church.jpg
28 KB, 600x401
>>78853026
>your religion shouldn't be something you flaunt to the masses
The point of religion is to save souls and build a strong society. It is ENTIRELY for the masses. "Personal salvation" is egoistical and a temptation of the devil. We labour not for ourselves but for our fellow man.
>>
>>78856524
He'll never get elected.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.