[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Language Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Sprache-und-Sprachkurse.jpg (78 KB, 740x330) Image search: [Google]
Sprache-und-Sprachkurse.jpg
78 KB, 740x330
I saw one of these yesterday.

What languages do you all speak or are learning?

Language learning tips?
>>
>>78838631
I haven't used French since high school so I lost it, wife is Dutch and she puts me to shame. Knows English, Dutch, Spanish and some bits and pieces of other languages. I don't understand how someone can have such a large vocabulary for a bunch of languages at one time.
>>
>>78838631
Georgian, Russian, English and a bit moonspeak

I want to learn maltese as I'm interested in ancient history and its one of those really exotic old ass semitic languages

Find someone to talk with every day and you can learn anything. Just make sure they know English well
>>
>>78839036
That's my problem.
I've been learning German and I've started Russian. But I don't have anyone to practice with, and I can't get past this stupid barrier that "I'll sound stupid" and I know I shouldn't do that.
>>
File: must be done.png (445 KB, 1280x711) Image search: [Google]
must be done.png
445 KB, 1280x711
New Zealander in Holland here.

Learning Dutch for about a year, definitely made a lot of progress. First real attempt at a language and I love it, naturally having a dutch gf is good motivation.

I have also started learning Italian, as I have some ancestry (bonus, it's also citizenship) there. Beautiful language.

OveralI I almost feel disadvantaged being born in a native English speaking country as everyone else in the world is already 1 step ahead in the language game but hey, god bless the anglo-sphere.
>>
>>78839262
I never bothered to look but im sure there are a lot of sites which offer language exchange where you help someone out in english and they help out with their native language

>>78839612
My family is originally Italian and I'm the first one not to know it. Imagine the happiness of my father when I told him my gf was teaching me fucking Japanese..
>>
>>78839950
Yeah I've seen some of those, Germans never really to see to get back to anyone. However, the Russians are always so excited that you're learning Russian and are super helpful, idk why.
>>
>>78840509
For some reason everyone in the east loves to teach language to foreigners. No idea why, its the same in here as well
>>
>>78840999
Checked

And maybe it's because not many people actually try to learn the Eastern European languages as often as the others? Because they're """So hard"""
>>
>>78841237
Dunno, Russian and everything related to it should be easier to westerners than for a Georgian

You can learn almost any eastern european language if you know russian. Just because I know it I can understand at least some words from every slavic language

Basically, Indo-European languages are not that hard. I wish ours was one of them
>>
>>78841745
Yours isn't? I thought Georgian was similar to Russian.
>>
>>78842316
I dont think making a joke about american education is considered funny any more

Georgian is in its own 'family', the kartvelian. One of the few ones which does not have any relative language at all.

You can check how hard it is, I dont know all those advanced words to describe it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.