[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Be Roman bureaucrat living in Constantinople. >All is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 06e.jpg (44 KB, 500x539) Image search: [Google]
06e.jpg
44 KB, 500x539
>Be Roman bureaucrat living in Constantinople.
>All is going well for my family; we can afford meat multiple times a week, my son is attending an university, and my daughter is bethroted to the youngest son of some minor nobility.
>Until the Crusaders arrive one day.
>Apparently the main purpose of these guys is to fight off Saracens, and I am all for that, but for some reason they besiege us.
>After severe internal strife, the city finally falls to them.
>They chimp the fuck out.
>They destroy numerous priceless pieces of art, rape nuns, seat a whore on the throne of the Patriarch and drink wine from holy vessels(seriously what the fuck is wrong with these guys).
>They proclaim a new state called "the Latin Empire" even though they aren't really Latin and the state isn't really an empire.
>We have to flee to Nicaea, where some semblence of civilization remains at least.
>My daughter was raped and the bethrotal was cancelled after everyone saw her belly close to bursting with the child of some inbred savage from who knows where(we had to throw the baby in the river).
>My son is now a NEET.
>We are lucky to afford cheese.
>Eventually some guy here manages to gather his shit together and reconquers Constantinople.
>But everything is so shit tier at this point the city and the whole empire falls to Saracens.
>Tfw some guys who live like 800 years later endorse these Moors.
>>
File: 7097084-3x2-940x627.jpg (145 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
7097084-3x2-940x627.jpg
145 KB, 500x500
>yfw this is true
>>
>>78815637
Daily reminder that the sack of Constantinople happened because the idiot emperor thought that reclaiming his throne by hiring the crusaders and not paying them afterward was a good idea.
Of course they fucking sacked the city, what did they expect ?
>>
>>78815637
The Latin Empire is a term used by later historians.
Learn history you smelly Mongol rape baby.
>>
>>78815637
>Latin massacre? Never heard of!
>>
File: 1327101493001.jpg (33 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1327101493001.jpg
33 KB, 600x400
>>78817768
>Greeks and their debt
>>
>>78819050
Kek
>>
>>78815637
Yes we should be thankful to the Ottomans. They were much more beneficial and humane.
>>
>>78817768
>the idiot emperor thought that reclaiming his throne by hiring the crusaders and not paying them afterward
Never heard of this before.

I've only heard that Genovans/venetians (jews?) convinced the crusaders to sack constantinople instead because they didn't have enough money and ships to reach the holy lands, or something like that.
>>
>>78815637
all crusaders were full retard after the first crusade.
>>
>>78819643
They didn't convince them to sack constantinople, they convinced them to take Zara for them, an Hugarian city. They got excommuniated, then the Roman Emperor, who got kicked out of the Empire by one of his opponents, offered them money, the payment of their debts to the venitians, and help for their campaign in exchange if they helped to reinstate him on the throne of Constantinople.

The crusaders accepted, fought the siege, and reinstated the guy as a co-emperor (because the people didn't trust him) alongside another guy who was put in prison by their rival.
Turns out, said rival emptied the treasurery. Even thought the romans where already thoroughly fucked by this point, they asked the crusaders extend their contract with them so that they could help them in their war against their rival. Wich they accepted.

At some point, the crusaders got tired of fighting for fucking nothing and asked the romans for the money they owed them, or they would sack the city.
The romans said they had no money, the crusaders sacked the city.
>>
File: 1464443772783.jpg (87 KB, 640x457) Image search: [Google]
1464443772783.jpg
87 KB, 640x457
>>78821954
Thank God someone knows the history of the Crusades. It's so refreshing to find someone who understands it.

Venice was definitely at fault for Zara though. That was like a mob assassination.
>>
>moral of the story

never trust a kike
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.