[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This really pisses me the fuck off. >It’s not only ill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: obama muslim training.jpg (247 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
obama muslim training.jpg
247 KB, 750x500
This really pisses me the fuck off.

>It’s not only illegal aliens who are escaping enforcement of the nation’s immigration laws.
>Under the Obama administration’s expansive interpretation of executive authority, legal immigrants seeking citizenship through the nation’s Naturalization process are now exempt from a key part of the Oath of Allegiance.
>Immigrants seeking to become citizens no longer have to pledge to “bear arms on behalf of the United States.”

http://archive.is/T2tgS

Guess we can't count on "new Americans" to defend our country anymore. Does this nigger ever wake up a single day without plotting a way to undermine traditional America?
>>
>>78801518
So wait.

We're saying that I, as a natural-born citizen, can't opt out of the draft, but an immigrant can?

What the hell, Obama?
>>
>>78801772
America oppresses them, bigot. Why should they be forced to take up arms for a nation that's racist against them? JIM CROW RING A BELL, JETHRO?!
>>
>>78801772
No, we're saying that you as a natural born citizen don't have to pledge to fight for this country, just like a naturalized citizen.

The Oath of Allegiance has fuck all to do with the draft, regardless of language, you alarmist retard.
>>
>>78801974
But the way the oath is phrased is in the form of a question:

>"If the law requires it, are you willing to bear arms on behalf of the United States?"

That is the Naturalization question asked of immigrants who want to be citizens of this Republic. Why the fuck shouldn't they be made to answer in the affirmative? Why on Earth do we want new """citizens""" who aren't willing to bear arms in defense of this country if the country decides democratically that it needs them?
>>
File: sammy.jpg (386 KB, 1330x1790) Image search: [Google]
sammy.jpg
386 KB, 1330x1790
>>78801961
If they don't want to fight for America because we oppress them, then why are they becoming citizens in the first place?

>>78801974
What the fuck do you think the draft is, faggot?
>>
File: president obama.jpg (71 KB, 288x242) Image search: [Google]
president obama.jpg
71 KB, 288x242
Is that of any real consequence at all?
"Real" Americans would never have had to pledge allegiance to become Americans, it's enough to just be born there. When a war comes, they can get drafted anyway. (If the US goes back to drafting.)

I assume exactly the same goes for "naturalized" Americans.
>>
>>78803415
Officially, any natural-born American male has to sign a document saying the government has permission to draft them if and when the time comes.

Also officially, if you don't sign it, the feds come knocking on your door.

It's only fair that the naturalized Americans do the same.
>>
Hang this traitor
>>
>>78801518
Uhm, not sure how to react, since I'll get my citizenship in 2 years.
But if anything happens - I'll sure defend this country, even without the pledge.
>>
>>78802450
>What the fuck do you think the draft is, faggot?
Something that has fuck all to do with the Oath of Allegiance. You don't have to agree to every individual legal responsibility specifically when becoming a citizen. Not directly agreeing to the draft doesn't make it go away or have no power over you.

>>78802362
>Why on Earth do we want new """citizens""" who aren't willing to bear arms in defense of this country if the country decides democratically that it needs them?
Well if we decided it democratically that means we should have about half our country that thinks people should go off to war so
1. If they had someone else in mind, fuck them and fuck their opinion
and
2. If we need more than half the able bodied men and women in this country to combat a particular threat, we are WELL past fucked.
>>
>>78803696
Are you serious? How do they even find you if you don't have to register yourself with your city/county and can just live somewhere?

Here each and every citizen is registered from being a child on. That was probably introduced way back by Bismarck. Whenever you move, you have to tell the authorities. That's how they used to get you drafted, but that's also how you are magically entered into the register of voters.

Back to the draft: We always had the option of being a "coscientious objector". You'd have to face interrogation by the military, and then present an alternative job in "civil defence", like ambulance driver, fireman etc. The substitute service would be longer than the military service because military service may or may not redraft you later as a reservist.
>>
>>78803696
What makes you think this gets them out of having to register for the draft?
>>
>>78804240
I never said we weren't registered from birth, that's what Social Security Numbers are for. We just have to actually sign something that says "yes, you have my permission to send me off to war if you want to". That way, we can't really say that they're sending us without our permission... except they can because we're forced to sign.

Also, I think I remember something about not being able to vote without signing, but I'm not sure about that bit.

>>78804322
Are you even paying attention to what part of the Oath they're getting out of? It'd be a bit useless to not have to say it if they still have to sign a document that says the exact same thing.
>>
>>78804623
>It'd be a bit useless to not have to say it if they still have to sign a document that says the exact same thing.
Oh my god, you're a fucking idiot.

Yes, it's a bit useless. You're throwing a bitchfit over nothing. That is my entire point.

See
>>78801974
>>
File: starship_troopers.jpg (95 KB, 658x370) Image search: [Google]
starship_troopers.jpg
95 KB, 658x370
>>78804623
>I think I remember something about not being able to vote without signing,
Then it's only fair that, since women got the vote, they can also be drafted now.

I'm not sure about how things are here. We abolished the draft a few years ago and that was a huge problem. One because our forces are so crappily underfunded that they don't really attract professional service people. Second because we had so many consciencious objectors that our economy really relied on much, much work being done cheaply in hospitals, fire departments, the disaster service.
>>
>>78805050
Our country hasn't prosecuted a failure to sign up for the draft in 30 years.

I couldn't be assed every time I remembered I still needed to do it while I was eligible (by age, I'm disabled as fuck) and I live in one of the few states where not signing up matters fuck all to anyone (as in not signing up has no repercussions under state law) so it was never an issue.
>>
>>78806310
With me: Got a command card to report for physical examination and assessment, name and address incorrect. Wrote back, corrected it first time, had school testify I was writing a 4 hour final year exam at the time. Card came back with second date for assessment, name still written wrong. Corrected a second time, had school confirm I was writing a 6 hour exam on the day. Card came back, this time name and address correct, but again I had a 4 hour exam.

Finally got a card commanding me to report at 5.45 AM during the autumn holidays. Got there on time, with LOTS of other students like me, and much too few staff to evaluate them because they, too, were on their holidays. Took about 5 hours of various physical tests and interviews, finally said I had a condition in my lower back. They said meh, we have more than enough to pick from. If you really want to go, you can take this to court, but otherwise get lost.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.