[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leave idiots BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1 pound note.jpg (89 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
1 pound note.jpg
89 KB, 950x534
>Hopes of easy trade deals with the rest of the world also look illusory. Lawyers say Britain would have to replace all the EU’s 53 free-trade pacts, which would be hard with tough negotiators like South Korea or Mexico. Several big countries, including America, China and India, are negotiating new deals with the EU, from which a post-Brexit Britain would be excluded.

>A free-trading Britain, say Brexiteers, would no longer be held back by protectionist EU members. But other countries’ trade negotiators might find the British market of 65m consumers less alluring than the EU’s 500m. The top American trade envoy, Mike Froman, has said his country would not be interested in a bilateral deal with Britain. Agreements that China has signed with Iceland and Switzerland are lopsided towards the Chinese.

>Even if only some of these gains were at risk from Brexit, they would hugely outweigh the second effect, the economic benefit from cutting Britain’s annual net
contribution to the EU budget of some £8.5 billion ($12 billion). The budget gain is also swamped by likely losses from the third factor, lower foreign investment. Brexiteers
argue that this will be unaffected, but the evidence is that a large chunk of foreign investment, especially in financial services and cars, has come because of Britain’s EU
membership. Gains from a fourth possible factor, fewer onerous rules, are largely illusory. Analysis by the OECD, a rich-country club, finds that British labour and product markets are already among the least regulated of all its members

>Post-Brexit, Britain would find it harder to keep close foreign-policy and security links with the EU, not least because it would no longer be in the room. There is a broader geopolitical point, too. Partly because its foreign-policy role has grown, the EU has and security architecture. Brexit would weaken the EU—and so the West.

Brexitfags cucked their country so hard and they're happy about it, lmao.
>>
>>78761888
>a fucking leaf
>>
It's not about China - they are selfish fucks who hate that the UK keeps giving people independence referendums because they have significant territories that would vote out if they had the chance; Tibet, Xinjiang, Hong Kong and parts of Inner Mongolia at least.

And the EU obviously has an incentive to not work with the UK to try to frighten other Euro countries off their own referendums. So no favours from them, either.

The UK needs to approach the commonwealth countries and say "dreadfully sorry chaps, we made a frightful bugger of it signing up with the Franco-German unification project. Our leaders at the time must have been at it before the sun was even over the yard arm. We want to fix this whole bloody mess". It's about re-engaging with Canada, Australia, India and all the rest of it.

And President Trump will be sympathetic to the UK too. His mother came from Scotland and as a fellow anti-globalist he'll be looking to make trade deals that actually benefit people instead of just the fucking hedge funds and third world dictators like usual.

Maybe we can even stop the stupid rivalry with Russia that benefits nobody at all except the most expensive and wasteful end of the military-industrial complex. The UK has lots that they want (even though they love to pretend that this is not so).

Approach commonwealth. Work closer with US. Warmer ties with Russia. We can still trade with China and the EU but if they think they can dictate terms then fuck them. The UK buys more from both China and the EU than it sells to them; they have more business to lose.
>>
>>78761888
I don't think it ever was about the money.
>>
>>78761888
>be apart of one indiscernible country or we will financially fuck you in the ass
threats from kikes who dont realize some things are more important than money
>>
>>78761888
India is already working on FTA with UK. Our FTA with EU is suspended for almost a decade now. They are not accepting our terms and we are not accepting theirs. The only reason we were still talking to them about FTA was for UK's sake. Now UK out of EU, we would be forcing them to accept our EU or GTFO!
>>
By the way I fucking love the way that the mainstream media fucktards crucified Jeremy Corbyn from day one and are now lamenting that Labour voters ditched Remain en masse and voted Leave.

>"Jeremy Corbyn is a worthless Commie who is better suited to a mental asylum than leadership of one of the UK's 2 big political parties"
>repeat for months on end
>"Listen to your leader, Labour voters - he's telling you to Remain and you should"

Remain would probably have won if the press hadn't all told Labour voters how terrible Jez is.

HAHAHAHA YOU STUPID FUCKS
>>
>>78763499
Yes, looking back at it, the terms the UK accepted for signing up with the EU (including losing the ability to negotiate trade deals with the commonwealth) were an absolutely terrible loss.

I guess the UK at the time was so downbeat after losing the empire so relentlessly over the preceding 20 years that people were ready to say "fuck the outside world" and just retreat in to the EU.

But now the EU is shit while Canada and Australia are richer than ever and there is huge growth potential in India as well as other commonwealth countries.

Let's hope they appoint some bright people who actually believe in Brexit to get this shit figured out.
>>
So NOW we are considered part of the Commonwealth? Fuck yourself, UK. These are Jewish tricks to make us poo in loo I swear.
>>
>>78763934
You would be surprised to know that that's opposite the case. Before EU, UK's trade with the commonwealth of nations was 4 times more than its trade with European countries. UK introduced the idea of an organised European countries coming together for free trade but idk how UK got so cucked that the commonwealth became no more than a games hosting organisation and the it didn't even get any say in EU terms.
>>
File: 1465861840698.jpg (99 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1465861840698.jpg
99 KB, 550x733
>>78762883
T H I S
H
I
S
>>
>>78761888
>Forgetting Australia exists

Idiot. UK is going to be juuuuuust fine mate. You'll all be jelly as fuck of them come 5 years from now.
>>
>>78764372
I'm not sure why you're saying you're correcting me...

I said it's a bad thing that the UK gave up so much potential for continued closeness with the commonwealth for the agendas of France and Germany.

I was saying that UK leaders at the time were so disheartened by dealing with the world outside Europe that the terrible loss of sovereignty didn't seem like a big deal - and they wanted to get in on the ground floor of The United States of Europe.

And it was a bad decision, in hindsight.
>>
I bet bulgarians, romanians, latvians, hungarians, croatians, poles and greeks buy a shit ton of products.
>>
Well fuck this, I'm going to bed.

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN

LONG LIVE THE BREXIT

MAKE GREAT BRITAIN GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>78764726
Not saying you are wrong, we may have some translation issues. UK leaders especially Churchill was responsible for loosing the empire. Victoria and George were ruling India fine but British Parliament fucked things up. They forced the colonies to hunger to support and nourish the British industries at home.
>>
>>78765045

Actually sarcasm aside id bet british gdp is comparable to every country in the eu combined that has an individual economy smaller than somewhere such as austria denmark or belgium, so probably equivilent to the bottom 20 countries gdp combined.

Id bet germany, the uk, france, spain and italy are 70% of the entire eu gdp.
>>
>>78761888
>money is more important that sovereignty

Would you sell yourself into slavery if you could make a good profit on it?
>>
>>78763499
POO IN LOO
O
O

I
N

L
O
O
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.