[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21
File: 1451675117666.jpg (177 KB, 1180x787) Image search: [Google]
1451675117666.jpg
177 KB, 1180x787
There is only ONE, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church.

That is the Orthodox Church, founded by Christ, which the gates of hell shall not prevail against.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9zP59_98s8

This is an Orthodox pastebin that addresses the questions of Catholics and atheists and Muslims and Jews and Protestants and liberals, along with a reading list that provides links: http://pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x
>>
Truth
>>
File: sswr23.jpg (62 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
sswr23.jpg
62 KB, 540x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_6e9T1FpG8
>>
File: 135.jpg (29 KB, 564x705) Image search: [Google]
135.jpg
29 KB, 564x705
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_OLom4lvdA
>>
Thanks to you I have done some research of my own and now plan on joining my local Orthodox Church. God bless you Constantine!
>>
File: 531.jpg (16 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
531.jpg
16 KB, 500x332
>>78762392
I am glad for you, and I am proud to have you in our midst!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JnCO0OlhlE
>>
File: 1451598147780.jpg (49 KB, 474x656) Image search: [Google]
1451598147780.jpg
49 KB, 474x656
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pRApQdIP1Q
>>
>>78760479
Honestly I have been starting to doubt the Roman Church lately... It seems like the Orthodox are the only ones resisting secularism.
>>
Wtf are you doing on /pol/ Constantine, gb2 /his/
>>
>>78763969
There is only One Church, Christ did not found branches. Only one will stand until the end, and it won't be the Catholic Church, although they have produced great minds and many are very faithful, they aren't the Church Christ founded, and so they will not prevail until the end times, but succumb.

"He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth."

This is Christ addressing all that will be outside his Church. The Protestants, being the most deviated, scattered the most, and split into uncountable factions. The Catholics, however, left his Church by only a small trajectory, yet over a thousand years that gap widens even from a trajectory of only a few degrees deviation, and it will lead to an ever-widening separation
>>
>>78764099
I could ask the same of you...ANON!
>>
File: etw.jpg (174 KB, 500x625) Image search: [Google]
etw.jpg
174 KB, 500x625
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc91xrGtaKo
>>
File: 5332.jpg (97 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
5332.jpg
97 KB, 1000x667
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-rgQve74BI
>>
>>78760479
>On these patriarchs I will found my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it...
Wait, that doesn't sound right.
>>
File: 436de.jpg (115 KB, 564x752) Image search: [Google]
436de.jpg
115 KB, 564x752
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRK_veqdSQ0
>>
The oldest church on the planet is St. Thomas Syro-Malabar located at Palayur in Thissur, India.
Founded by the apostle Thomas. And it joined with Constantine in the formation of the Catholic church.
The Jewish subsect of Christianity started by Jesus's brother would have the most legitimate claim to be the true church if it had survived.
>>
>>78767061
Peter was the first bishop, and only appeals to other bishops as such (1 Peter 5:1-2, "elder" is a translation of "presbyter", which was angelicized as "priest"--it was the same rank as "episkopos", angalicized as "bishop", before there got to be multiple parishes per diocese).

Christ gives the same authority to the other Apostles as he gives to Peter (Matthew 18:18).

Truly, Peter was the first bishop. Truly, the Latin heretics tried to magnify what that meant, especially with the Donation of Constantine.
>>
>>78767683
The Orthodox Church is the Catholic Church, the real one. The Latin heresy is not, technically, a Church.

Saint James presided over the Council of Jerusalem (and Peter deferred to him), being, at the time, Bishop of Jerusalem. The Church in Jerusalem is Orthodox, they celebrate Pascha (called "Easter" among the non-Orthodox) at Christ's tomb.
>>
>>78767897
St James was Jesus's brother and therefore Christianity at the time was a subsect of Judaism.
>>
Christianity is bullshit.
>>
>>78768293
And in Judaism a rabbi must be a blood descent of king David. So as soon as you have a gentile heading the orthodox church you've broken the lineage.
>>
>>78767897
James was the bishop of Jerusalem...the church in Jerusalem is orthodox so ...

The jews were whiped out by roman genocide in the region after an uprising against the Roman occupiers.
It's not the same church just because it's located in the same area shithead.
The orthodox church was formed from the skism with Rome.
>>
>>78768293
"Judaism", as the term is applied today, means Phariseeism

>Rabbinic Judaism or Rabbinism (Hebrew: יהדות רבנית Yahadut Rabanit) has been the mainstream form of Judaism since the 6th century CE, after the codification of the Babylonian Talmud. Growing out of Pharisaic Judaism, Rabbinic Judaism

>>78768675
>And in Judaism a rabbi must be a blood descent of king David
That's absolute nonsense, you're thinking of a priest (as in ἱερεύς, not as in πρεσβύτερο, it is the latter commonly called "priest" in Christianity, but the former is the priesthood of all believers).
>>
>>78769249
>It's not the same church just because it's located in the same area shithead.
Continuity of the bishop

>The orthodox church was formed from the skism with Rome.
No, that's when the Latin heretics fell out of Communion with the Orthodox Church (the Latin heresies had formed a while before).
>>
Why do people believe in god still?

Is it to be anachronisms to more ignorant times?
>>
There is no good objective evidence for any God. Faith is believing something without any good objective evidence. When Christians post things they claim as evidence, it just shows that their faith (which they turned into a virtue) is weak . All religions rely on faith and come to mutually contradictory conclusions. It's not a good way to get to truth.
>>
>>78769612
See the pastebin in the OP

>>78769918
'Faith" and "belief' are two translations of the same Greek word.
>>
>>78770001

>see the pastebin

What am i looking for here?
>>
>>78760479
What the fuck OP you start a thread saying something stupid, about something you apparently know nothing about then have nothing to say?
The Catholic Church is a farce. Manipulated by Constantine to use to control the people.
Existing Christian communities were threatened to join or be persecuted.
Constantine picked a roman bishop after the existing bishop refused to play along and suddenly, conveniently died.
Constantine met with heads of all the churches that agreed to play along and they took an oath of unity in their belifes. The nicean creed. I belive in one God, father almighty maker...
Any church that didn't go along, and it's estimated that half the existing churches didn't, were to be silenced.
>>
>>78770001

>'Faith" and "belief' are two translations of the same Greek word.

But both have entirely different meanings.
>>
>>78770063
Arguments for the historocity of the Resurrection.

>>78770128
Constantine had Arian sympathies, pal. The Council of Nicea was represented by bishops from all over the known world, and they spent a long time deliberating.

>>78770146
Maybe in Protestantism and Catholicism, but not in the Orthodox Church, and not Biblically.
>>
>>78760479
Can anyone recommend a good English speaking church in Sacramento?

There is an Antiochan one nearby but I fear I will be the only white person.
>>
>>78770578

>Arguments for the historocity of the Resurrection.

The resurrection has no historicity, there is merely evidence which has been gathered to formulate a hypothesis to the events occurrence. There are no facts here unless we are going to throw out Epistemology.
>>
>>78769515
There is no continuation of the bishop.
St. James was a jew as were the followers of his church.
There was a Jewish uprising in the area around 70ad.
The Romans went in and commited mass genocide and destroyed the Jewish temple which was shared by all sects of Judaism which James's congregation was.
James himself was put to death. Whatever was left of that group of followers did not build the orthodox church that is presently in the area as they would have fled or been killed.
No form of Catholic church was going to exist for another 100+ years.
>>
>>78760479
Why is the Orthodox church founded by Christ?
>>
only slavs are orthodox.
>>
Two questions. Why does all child models carry orthodox crosses? Are those used like sick type of branding? Also, is Constantine really a girl? Some anon told me that.
>>
>>78770578
Yes there were bishops from all the known Christian churches that wanted to play ball with Rome, pal. Constantine would only acknowledge one church, his. If they weren't going to get on board the persections would continue. If they did get on board lands taken from families during the persecutions would be returned, and the new churches would be given support by the state.
And why was the emperor of Rome in attendance?
To strong arm the proceedings.
For centuries the appointment of the pope had to be approved by the emperor. Are you completely un aware that the papacy was puppeted by the empire?
>>
>>78764099
I lost faith in Britain until now. However now I have more faith in them. With faith the Catholic Church will rise as well

disclaimer: I'm Not catholic or British
>>
>>78770820
As far was America goes, the Antiochian Church is probably the least dominated by the ethnicity they're associated with. They do their services in English and chances are, in an area like Sacramento, converts will be the meat and potatoes of the parish.

>>78770824
If you're going to measure facts by the standards of natural science, there are no facts in history, period.

>>78770866
They might not have made any building, but the communities still existed and venerated Christian holy places, like Christ's tomb, which the current church is built upon.

There were certainly more than Jews in the Jerusalem congregation, since there were pagans living in Israel (Christ is among them when he sends the cast out demons into the swine, which you might have guessed, since Jews didn't keep herds of swine) who later converted to Christianity, and Jerusalem was the major worship zone.

>>78770925
Only Church that has continuously existed back to Christ. For us, dogma is and only can be what Christ taught directly, it has an unchanging understanding.

>>78770963
I'm Greek Orthodox
>>
>go to Russia for vacation
>visit Orthodox churches because I'm an Amerifat and never seen them before
>brown Jesus everywhere

Really makes you think.
>>
>>78771579

>If you're going to measure facts by the standards of natural science, there are no facts in history, period.

Not actually accurate, plenty of verifiable evidence based on historical accounts.

The resurrection of Jesus is not factual and it has no scientific evidence. Ignoring the preposterousity of a dead person coming back to life.

also "natural science" is not mutually exclusive from anything, it's not something you can throw out because it doesn't have answers for things that do not exist by real evidence.
>>
>>78771469
>Constantine would only acknowledge one church
How many did Christ found? One.

>And why was the emperor of Rome in attendance?
Because he called it, the Church was bickering and fighting among themselves, this sort of a religious situation causing violent dissension within the empire was unacceptable, on a religious and political level.

Constantine didn't strongarm anyone, he just told the bishops to come up with something unified and end the quarreling. He, himself, was very close friends with an Arian bishop (who went on to baptize him on his deathbed), he was hardly forcing Nicene Christianity on the Church.
>>
>>78771785
>Not actually accurate, plenty of verifiable evidence based on historical accounts.
Nothing that is verifiable by the standards of natural science, no.
>>
Your church may be Holy and Apostolic, but it is NOT One or Catholic.

Join the Catholic Church and solve both pur problems
>>
File: vatican.jpg (1017 KB, 2000x1332) Image search: [Google]
vatican.jpg
1017 KB, 2000x1332
daily reminder orthocucks lost their capital for muslim und your representation
>greece
>bulgaria
>romania
>serbia
>russia
>belarus
>ethiophia
>egypt

Catholic church=Europa
>>
>>78763969
Christ would have never told us that the Church would never fall if it would not be infiltrated from the inside.

The lack of attacks against the Orthodox Church doesn't validate it
>>
>>78771929

False, not sure why you believe that.

For instance we know (for a fact) the roman Colosseum is real.

We know (for a fact) Martin Luther was real, and a decent portion of his life events.
>>
The Catholic(univeral)church was formed by Constantine. Period.
There were many churches with many different belifes. And teaching dozens of different gospels.
Constantine wanted one church with one set of belifes and a pope in his pocket to further control the people.
As ive stated the oldest continually functioning Christian church is the church of St. Thomas. Fact.
The original Christian church was in Jerusalem, and there is presently a church in Jerusalem. But it's not the same church, and the only one claiming it is, is you.
>>
>>78771980
> belarus
wat
>>
>>78769515
>Catholics fell out of communion

History proves otherwise. In fact, the PRIMATE bishop was not even alive to engage in schism.

The Filioque was a linguistic error
>>
>>78772120
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus
>>
>>78771955
Our Church is One and Catholic, there is only ONE Church, everything else is a heresy, and heresy is not in Christ

>>78771980
Yes, we were hated and kicked around by the world, and continue to be. If we were of the world, like the Latins, this wouldn't happen

>>78772024
We know the Colosseum is real scientifically, that is a fact because it can be readily tested. What it was used for is not a fact.

Martin Luther's existence is not factual, from the viewpoint of natural science.
>>
Assyrian church of the East here. Why is my denimination not closer to God than yours? We have preserved tradition and scriptures far better than any other denomination. We even speak a dialect of Aramaic.
>>
>>78772305

You need to study Bayesian analysis. We know what the Roman Colosseum is for, it's use is verifiable.

Equating the historicity of the resurrection of Jesus to all events in history being unprovable is a false equivalence, and it's just wrong. I don't know anybody who could agree with you.
>>
File: Pio-XII_zpsd5ab05f7.jpg (56 KB, 798x413) Image search: [Google]
Pio-XII_zpsd5ab05f7.jpg
56 KB, 798x413
I like the Orthodox Church, but it just seems too easy to leave Catholicism because Pope Francis is an insufferable lefty. The historical evidence shows that prior to the Great Schism, the Bishop of Rome was much more than merely first among equals.
>>
>>78772039
>There were many churches with many different belifes. And teaching dozens of different gospels.
Yes, there were many heresies. But Christ only founded ONE Church.

>As ive stated the oldest continually functioning Christian church is the church of St. Thomas. Fact.
Which one, pray tell? Or are you talking about the community in general? In which case you are saying it functioned before the ones in Greece and the Middle East?
>>
>>78772148
>The Filioque was a linguistic error
Nope, see the Catholic FAQ in the pastebin

Q5: Concerning the filioque being merely being an expression of the Creed in Latin.

A5: The Latin translation did not originally have the filioque, it was something that slowly spread. Pope Leo III tried to stop it from spreading by having the Nicene Creed without the filioque inscribed on two silver plaques. But nonetheless, Pope Benedict VIII later added the filioque to appease Henry II of Germany.

Q5a: Concerning the filioque being read as "by" or "through" rather than "from".

A5a: It is true that the ablative form of Son is used here (Father is also ablative case), which can indicate either by/through or from/of. However, whereas definitive forms, such as genitive (from/of) and dative (through/by), don’t even technically need it, the meaning of the ablative case depends on the preposition governing the sentence. The preposition in this case is “ex”, which unequivocally means “from/of”.

cont
>>
>>78772569
Q5b: Concerning "filioque" being the spelling for both the dative and ablative cases.

A5b: If dative were actually employed, it would be translated as such, because dative is explicitly “by/through”. If you don’t add a preposition in the translation of dative form, the translation is incoherent, e.g. “He walked the house”, as opposed to, “He walked by the house”. Now if you want to start saying that the Father is ablative but the Son is dative (which the Catholic Church doesn’t contend, afaik), and *translating it appropriately*, then that would be a different story.

Q5c: Concerning the term for "proceeds" being more flexible in Latin than in Greek.

A5c: You are correct, the Latin term used in the Creed is "procedit", which can be used to mean "continues" or "advances", and in fact the Church Fathers have widely attested that it is orthodox to say this in Latin, generally speaking.
cont
>>
>>78772600
HOWEVER, the Latin Nicene Creed is different, because it is not an independent theological work or statement in Latin, it is a translation of a Greek statement, and the Greek term used in the Creed, which the Latin is ultimately a translation of, is ἐkπορευόμενον, which means "proceeds forth" and necessitates a genitive noun(s) as *origin*. The wider Greek term used in sense the Church Fathers said the Latin term could be used in, is προχωρώντας, but this is not the term used, and so we cannot say that the Latin term is used in that sense; true, it is cognate with that, but the Latin word "substantia" is cognate with the Greek term ὑπόστασις, yet these terms are enormously distinct theologically, since "substantia" in Trinitarian theology is used to translate the Greek term οὐσία (essence), whereas "persona" is used to translate ὑπόστασις (existence). Therefore we must accept the meaning of Latin terms in theology not according to cognates or general use, but according to which Greek terms they are intended to translate, for if we don't do that, then the Latin Church's understanding of the Trinity would be extremely heretical: persona would ceased to mean ὑπόστασις, and would instead simply mean "role" or "mask".
>>
>>78770925
>>78772305
And that one true church was with the PRIMATE bishop of ROME

Also, simply putting all doctrinal formation to a halt doesn't make everything else a heresy. Removing or changing doctrine does.
>>
>>78771897
You believe the meme that Constantine was really a Christian?
There's not a historian alive that belives his conversion was genuine.
It was the night before his overthrow of the powers of rome to claim the empire.
He had politicians on his side and some military. But he needed the masses and common soldiers on his side as he was outnumbered.
Christianity was a popular underground movement in the empire despite being outlawed.
Suddenly he has a convenient vision, wins the people to his side and he succeeds in his battle and assumes power.
Throughout his rule he constructed pagan idols across the empire executed his wife and I belive his son. He really sounds like a deeply religious man to me.
>>
>>78772454
>We know what the Roman Colosseum is for, it's use is verifiable.
Certainly. Just not by natural science methodology.

>>78772464
When Peter writes his epistle, he *appeals* to bishops as a fellow bishop. That's first among equals.
>>
File: 32872507850789262.jpg (46 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
32872507850789262.jpg
46 KB, 480x320
>>78760479

What do you think about the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church going on now?

Why does the Orthodox Church seem so divided amongst national and ethnic lines?

As an American, how could I possibly feel that I fit in with any of the Orthodox Churches when I'm not say Greek or Russian nor do I know any of their languages?
>>
>>78772626
>And that one true church was with the PRIMATE bishop of ROME
No, it was with all Orthodox bishops everywhere, one bishop doesn't have a monopoly on Christ's Church.

>>78772671
>There's not a historian alive that belives his conversion was genuine.
Yeah, he was just baptized on his deathbed for the lulz
>>
>>78772726

>Certainly. Just not by natural science methodology.

False.

Jesus was never resurrected by any standard but nonsensical ones. I see you using speech Judo so I'll return it.
>>
>>78772622
>Procedit Patre, Filioque

So, you basically proved my point. A mistranslation does not make the Filioque addition heresy.
>>
>>78760479
Assyrian Church of the East is the closest thing to Jesus's actual message. It was established by St. Thomas originally being called nestorian church. We speak Jesus's language and mass is still conducted by chants in Aramaic and selective positioning.
>>
>>78772772
>What do you think about the Holy and Great Council of the Orthodox Church going on now?
It is a very, very watered down incarnation of what was originally an Orthodox Vatican II. Thankfully it was boycotted by the Russian Church among others, and it won't be binding.

>Why does the Orthodox Church seem so divided amongst national and ethnic lines?
It's really not, it's just different administrative jurisdictions.

>As an American, how could I possibly feel that I fit in with any of the Orthodox Churches when I'm not say Greek or Russian nor do I know any of their languages?
You might try Antiochian, they have had so many converts in America that the Liturgy is in English and most people in a given parish will be converts.

But it really doesn't matter, I'm a convert and my parish is Greek Orthodox.
>>
Then why did disciples who were more inclined to answer theological questions solve their issues with a final statement from the bishop of Rome, even after Peter? That clearly affirms him as a higher binding authority than a first among equals. Even with Primus Inter Pares your stance would mean every bishop had equal power and jurisdiction.
>>78772726
>>
Can we stop believing in Santa Clause?
>>
>>78772795
>Peter, you will be like a rock, and on this rock I will build my churc

>other apostles saw him as a leader
>>
>>78772842
>False.
No, correct. For something to be factual by natural science, it has to be readily replicatable in experiment.

>Jesus was never resurrected by any standard but nonsensical ones
Take a look at the argument, you might reconsider.

>>78772874
The filioque is heresy because it is using theological terminology, and the way it uses it is heretical. Your point rests on the filiouqe not using established theological terminology.
>>
>>78772874
I'm referring to the latin term INTENDING to be a translation of the Greek word, but translating to the Latin instead
>>
>>78773087
Santa Claus isn't real
>>
>>78772470
As I said already St. Thomas Syro-Malabar, in India is the longest continually operating church in the world. In one minute you're referring to the church as an entity. In the next you're referring to it as a place. " the church in Jerusalem is Orthodox and being the first church was in Jerusalem therefore Orthodox is the first church"
The church in Jerusalem today is not the same church of St. James that you are referring to. It's in the same place, so what? It was started there by the holy Roman empire 100+ years later.
>>
>>78773200

>No, correct. For something to be factual by natural science, it has to be readily replicatable in experiment.

I doubt you know anything about natural science considering you believe someone rose from the dead. Can't take you seriously

>Take a look at the argument, you might reconsider.

arguments are not facts.
>>
File: evolution_of_superstition.jpg (35 KB, 437x388) Image search: [Google]
evolution_of_superstition.jpg
35 KB, 437x388
>>78773252
>>
>>78772795
And he wouldn't be baptized before that. Meaning nothing he did in his life until he died were the acts of a Christian were they?
>>
>>78772984
Can't really claim to be the One Church when your heritage is Nestorianism.

>>78773067
>Then why did disciples who were more inclined to answer theological questions solve their issues with a final statement from the bishop of Rome, even after Peter?
Saint James the Brother of the Lord was actually the one who presided over the Council of Jerusalem, and Peter certainly has erred in doctrine, as the Incident at Antioch demonstrates.

>>78773134
As Saint Jerome says, commenting on this, all Apostles were rocks. Yes, Peter was leader, yes, Peter got the namesake, yes Peter was the first bishop. None of this implies the ridiculous power and titles given the office by the Latins.

I've addressed this at length, you can see it in Q4, Q4a, Q4b, and Q4c of the Catholic FAQ in the pastebin. I've answered, in depth, every single argument
>>
>>78772984
Not OP but being a disenfranchised Catholic maybe I'll check this out. Thank you.
>>
File: geralt-coin-purse.png (407 KB, 655x479) Image search: [Google]
geralt-coin-purse.png
407 KB, 655x479
>>78773350
Religion is a ruse and you all should be ashamed if you perpetuate the lies. God lies, coin does not
>>
File: ok kid.jpg (68 KB, 431x450) Image search: [Google]
ok kid.jpg
68 KB, 431x450
>>78760479
>current year
>my church is the real church
>hundreds of thousands of churches of different religions and people dating back well past 10,000 BC
>'no, but this church is reeeal, you guys!'
>>
>>78773350
I know Santa Claus isn't real because it is verifiable that he was made up.

When God and the saints have showed himself in the past and even TODAY (i.e. Fatima), it is much less lilely he is a figment of imagination as Santa is
>>
>>78773524
>ridiculous power

List pls
>>
>>78773067
>That clearly affirms him as a higher binding authority than a first among equals.
No. He was the leader, but he didn't have any authority he could exercise unilaterally.

>Even with Primus Inter Pares your stance would mean every bishop had equal power and jurisdiction.
Which they do. Patriarchs preside over councils, and have a lot of say in appointing new bishops, but a bishop who isn't patriarch can't be bossed around by a patriarch concerning his own diocese, the bishop is the chief authority there, not the patriarch.
>>
>>78773662

This guy has convinced himself that nothing in history can be proven by natural science despite OVERWHELMING evidence of not only events, but actual people who existed via remains and Bayesian analysis.

It's safe to say the rest of his religious agenda is absolute bollocks as well so don't stress.
>>
File: 42.jpg (180 KB, 822x716) Image search: [Google]
42.jpg
180 KB, 822x716
>>78773671
Except that Saint Nicholas is easier to prove than Jesus. You're probably from Winnip-slums of Novigrad.
>>
>>78773711
At all the other councils could any bishop determine a final, binding say?

No. Only the Roman pontiff did
>>
>>78773671

God has never shown himself.

Not to anyone sober. You can't prove Santa was made up any more than i prove God was made up.
>>
>>78760479

>LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UjywNCbY8c
>>
>>78773253
>St. Thomas Syro-Malabar, in India is the longest continually operating church in the world
You're suggesting it predates Greek Christianity then?

>>78773307
Arguments based on facts are how we put truths together. Macroevolution isn't a fact either, it is a theory based on facts.
>>
>>78772795
You know OP i don't belive that Rome has any legitimate claim to being the one true church. Or any reason to belive the Orthodox isn't.
But your argument is full of shit.
>>
fuck your council of chalcedon

we miaphysitism

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Apostolic_Church#Miaphysitism_versus_monophysitism
>>
>>78773831

Study bayedian analysis and how historians prove factual events.

Also, study the scientific method. Evidence used to formulate a hypothesis is not the same as evidence pointing towards scientific facts.

You're extremely confused if you think facts cant be discerned with secondary evidence. You need to study more.
>>
>>78773831
It was founded by St Thomas the apostle.
>>
>>78773773
>See evidence
>Dismiss evidence
>NO EVIDENCE GUYS

some of the Catholic miracles I can bring up are the recent Eucharistic miracle in Poland (Eucharist that you think is just a wafer turned partially into spinal tissue with AB type blood) and the revelation of Our Lady at Fatima.

Constantine, I'm assuming you have some other miracles and defense?
>>
>>78773459
He had strong Christian sympathies, but he certainly wasn't a full-fledged Christian until then, he still put SOL INVICTUS on his coins, and commemorated the founding of Constantinople to it.

>>78773662
There are no religions with continuous, immutable teachings, with nothing added or taken away, stretching back that far.

>>78773699
>882 The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."402 "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."403

-Latin Catechism

>>78773769
They could in virtually all matters except dogma, which the bishop of Rome certainly did not have unilateral say on. Dogma is strictly, only, solely what Christ taught directly to his disciples, without any 'maturing' (as the Latins teach). No bishop has the authority to teach against this, no bishop has the authority to teach something not part of this as part of, no bishop has the authority to "mature" it. All bishops are guardians and teachers of it.
>>
>>78774093

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K63PN2bxAXE
>>
>>78773910
Then see it in full
Q4, Q4a, Q4b, and Q4c of the Catholic FAQ in the pastebin
>>
>>78774093

There is a hypothesis there, that is not Scientific evidence, it has not underwent the scientific method to earn the title of "evidence"

You have postulated a hypothesis for hundreds of years as a group to the historicity of these events but there has not been a single fact found which proves them happening.

I'm not doing this to insult you, it's the reality of the situation.
>>
>>78773948
>Study bayedian analysis and how historians prove factual events.
It can prove events factual historically, not factual as natural science. For something to be factual in natural science, it has to be able to be replicated by multiple parties.
>>
File: church-history.jpg (48 KB, 662x233) Image search: [Google]
church-history.jpg
48 KB, 662x233
>>78773662
>>
>>78774201
http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/eucharistic-miracle-confirmed-in-poland

>literally tested by non-affiliated institute
>positively, no doubt muscle tissue from spinal area near heart along with AB type blood
>it is PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for a wafer to turn into blood and flesh

Is there any explanation needed there?
>>
>>78774310

Not true, it depends on what's being proven and the standard of evidence.

Stop saying that, the equivalent is for me to say Jesus cannot have risen from the dead because nobody has ever replicated it since in recorded history which doesn't help you.
>>
>>78774363
>Constantinople sacked by Papal Army

So, by Pope Enrico Dandolo, Bishop of Venice?

The fourth crusade was not papal, but a secular Venetian power grab
>>
File: 1466337923372.jpg (23 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
1466337923372.jpg
23 KB, 375x375
>>78774431

Lmao

>.com article factual scientific evidence from a biased news source

You make the intelligent Christians look bad.
>>
Shit OP you deny the legitimacy of Rome but you buy their " Peter was the first pope and went to Rome and founded the roman churrch" BS.
There's not a schred of evidence that confirms Peter ever went to Rome.
The Catholic Church has been financing archeolcal digs all over Rome for 200 yrs. looking for Peter's remains to back up their story and claim to the seat of power.
But when a Jesuit archeologist finds his tomb in Jerusalem he's shipped off to Ethiopia to be silenced.
Peter being the first pope is a tall tale to secure roman Catholic power.
>>
>>78774561
I was just posting that for reference. There are more
>>
>>78774840

Please post it so i can laugh, take your time, there is absolutely no rush.

Please shock and awe the scientific community and all observable history to it's foundations Mr. Gameshark the White.
>>
>>78774671
The apostles traveled frequently. Even if he did die in Jerusalem it doesn't mean Rome was not the apostolic seat
>>
>>78774898
>Gameshark the White

I don't understand the reference
>>
>>78774941

I'm surprised. Do you not believe in Gandalf?

He believes in you.
>>
>>78775032
I don't understand the Gameshark part
>>
>>78775083

Oh.
>>
>>78775109
Unless you mean the Gameshark cheating device
>>
File: tumblr_o996jhcaPF1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg (218 KB, 1280x793) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o996jhcaPF1uaxri9o1_1280.jpg
218 KB, 1280x793
Who here is familiar with Oliveira's writings?
>>
File: 1466882384556.jpg (10 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
1466882384556.jpg
10 KB, 184x184
>>78773602
>being THIS jewish
>>
File: TNGCaption71e.jpg (32 KB, 694x530) Image search: [Google]
TNGCaption71e.jpg
32 KB, 694x530
>>78775269
>>
>>78774902
Well there were Christians there to welcome Paul, but Rome was the hub of the center of the known world and stories of jesus would have reached rome before his arrival.
But being that paul left so much written work isn't it odd that it's never mentioned that Peter was there ahead of him.
>>
>>78775379
>The joke
>your head
>>
>>78775493
>"haha it was j-just a joke"
>>
>>78775322
I have his book "revolution and counter revolution". Good shit
>>
>>78775616
Lmao, you do know who the character is and his code right? Try harder, or prove that you're a typical 4channer, I don't care
>>
>>78760479
Catholic here. Are there even that many Orthodox churches that have services that don't use a Slavic language or Greek? I tried going to an Orthodox church in my city, only Russian, Serbian and Ukrainian services were offered.
>>
Catholic here. Well, I gotta say I admire your zeal. Even though we have our differences, it makes me glad to know that some eastern churches are doing well and still hold strong against modernism.

Can't say the same about our church to some respect, but individual priests and parishes are a different sight than what you see in youtube.

I'm also glad that we are sharing Easter dates next year. It's going to be a great year for Christendom. I can feel it.
>>
>>78775929
Because you went to Slavic churches.
There is no obstacle to using English, Spanish or any other language.
>>
>>78760479
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qvz9i3E5mnI
>>
>>78768464
O shit I just turned Muslim god bless you anon
>>
>>78773602
>>78773753
>>78775712
autism
Thread replies: 130
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.