[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WAS HE RED PILLED OR A LIBERAL DICTATOR?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
>>
One of the most based presidents USA ever had.
>>
Why not both?
>>
>>78754675
The most alpha of Presidents.
>>
>>78754675
He basically jump started the fall of the ideal America.

Not to say that he wasn't alpha or didn't have good ideas, but he would prove to be the slow introduction of Marxism into the United States.
>>
>>78755980
How so?
>>
>>78755980
I disargee. I think if anything it was Taft. Taft was the reason why his Progressive Party failed. Wilson was the one that let the leftists take over. The first red scare was not for nothing.
>>
>>78756075
> How so?

It's hard to put in one little post, but for starters: He was influential in putting the Philippines under US (Making the US effectively nonwhite), he basically threatened big businesses if they didn't follow his cue and built up the navy under the pretense of "Defense" but would then parade it around the world in the hopes of starting shit with other nations.
>>
>The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.

Was he right? Seems pretty close to me.
>>
>>78756801
>Not wanting empire
don't be a soft lad
>>
File: 1384394323935.jpg (30 KB, 490x490) Image search: [Google]
1384394323935.jpg
30 KB, 490x490
>>78756801

> US had philippines for a matter of years after getting it from Spain in a peace deal
> implying big business were constrained in the height of classical liberalism
> great white fleet was a bad idea

M8 wtf, Teddy was based, stop grasping at straws you look like a retard.
>>
>>78757113
I know, I can't help it though, I really don't think us becoming an empire was a good thing at all. We should have just stuck to the founding fathers' ideas of foreign policy,
>" Peace, Commerce and Honest Friendship "
and
> No entangling alliances

Sounds pretty good right now, senpai.
>>
>The man who loves other countries as much as his own stands on a level with the man who loves other women as much as he loves his own wife.

Prophetic.
>>
Fucking based
>>
>>78755814
This.

Benevolent dictator is the best way to bring the redpill to the masses.
>>
>>78754675
Both. There was genuine problems and he provided actual social justice. He was diplomatic but didn't waste time with laws or the congress. He understood how the world worked, and knew where the future was headed more than any other president easily.
>>
>>78757280
> US had philippines for a matter of years after getting it from Spain in a peace deal

You dumb fucker, no one wanted it. No one knew what in the honest fuck to do with it. Even McKinley didn't know what the hell to do with them at first.

> "The truth is I didn't want the Philippines, and when they came to us as a gift from the gods, I did not know what to do with them.... I sought counsel from all sides - Democrats as well as Republicans - but got little help. I thought first we would take only Manila; then Luzon; then other islands, perhaps, also. I walked the floor of the White House night after night until midnight; and I am not ashamed to tell you, gentlemen, that I went down on my knees and prayed Almighty God for light and guidance more than one night."

>"And one night late it came to me this way - I don't know how it was, but it came: (1) That we could not give them back to Spain - that would be cowardly and dishonorable; (2) that we could not turn them over to France or Germany - our commercial rivals in the Orient - that would be bad business and discreditable; (3) that we could not leave them to themselves - they were unfit for self-government - and they would soon have anarchy and misrule over there worse than Spain's was; and (4) that there was nothing left for us to do but to take them all, and to educate the Filipinos, and uplift and civilize and Christianize them, and by God's grace do the very best we could by them, as our fellow men for whom Christ also died. And then I went to bed and went to sleep and slept soundly."
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.