[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was i really the worst president?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15
File: carter.jpg (288 KB, 1436x2120) Image search: [Google]
carter.jpg
288 KB, 1436x2120
was i really the worst president?
>>
>>78748163
No. I made fun of you mercilessly at the time, but I'd give anything to have you back today. Next to either Clinton or Trump, you look positively human.
>>
>>78748163
You were, but luckily for you some nigger came along and took the title by a fucking mile.
>>
>>78748163
no, Obama beat him
>>
File: no thanks.jpg (48 KB, 600x559) Image search: [Google]
no thanks.jpg
48 KB, 600x559
>>78748277
>I made fun of you mercilessly at the time
what kind of a massive degenerate shitstain of a human being still browses 4chan at 40+ years of age

holy shit how do you look at yourself in the mirror every morning? kill yourself bud
>>
File: dontforget.png (97 KB, 360x257) Image search: [Google]
dontforget.png
97 KB, 360x257
>>78748674
Good day, summerfriend
>>
>>78748674
I've been here since 05
>>
Carter was too nice of a guy to hate, he really helped us get through the oil crisis if you were old enough to remember that (that campaign of turning all the lights off in a building).

You just can't hate him, even if you're the most right-wing Reaganist cunt there. Reagan even liked the guy. Well, I mean, you might hate him if you're a millenial and never lived under his presidency.
>>
Most naive perhaps.

You tried weaning us off of Big Oil with simple ideas like conservation, and tried reason to negoriate with Mad Dogs,thinking that if you possess compassion and morality,surely all people do in some degree,at some level. But Regan steamrolled in,and thermostats went up,and regulations disappeared, and we sold drugs to finance politically convenient revolutions.

And you build homes for the poor in your retirement. Your flaw was being a Moral person,and deluding yourself you were dealing with a like quantity.
>>
He might have been alright in a more stable period but he was woefully inadequate for the times he came to power.
>>
>>78749111

Liberal faggot Cuck Dem, he should have killed him self and let Reagan start early.
>>
Clinton was objectively the worst

>NAFTA
>deregulation of wall street and FCC
>outsourcing
>WTO
>ATF
>cutting infrastructure spending and raising taxes

>>78749484
Carter began neoliberalism and arming Jihadists
>>
Nice guy, not qualified to be president

W was worse as a trump voter though
>>
>>78749822
Clinton was objectively the best president in the last 30 years
>>
>>78748163
He was better than Dubya and Obama.
>>
>>78749822
>carter began neoliberalism and arming jihadists

Except that's fucking wrong, you imbecile. That was Reagan.
>>
Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, Dubya

Probably in that order from worst down actually
>>
>>78750347
>objectively
What's your objective? see >>78749822
>>
>>78748163
No - there's always LBJ to set the bottom. And Obama and W are certainly right in the mix with you for 2nd place.
>>
>>78748277
>dubs
how old are you my friend
>>
>>78748163
> Iran acts like the dirty Dunecoons they are
> ready to go to war
> cucks up and doesn't go to war when the plans are set up at the last second

Yes
>>
I say LBJ. his personal no-fucks-given attitude is pretty cool, but his policies were disastrous

war on poverty and war on drugs turned the relatively benign nigger population into full blown savages

war on poverty destroyed the black family

war on drugs created a black market where the dangerous but lucrative life of a drug dealer looked more attractive to young dindus

if the black family hadn't been destroyed, the black fathers might have been able to keep their children on the righteous path.

also medicare and medicaid caused medical costs to skyrocket because of the broken link between services and costs.
>>
>>78752153
correction. Probably not the worst but he's up there imo
>>
george w Bush was easily the worst
>>
>>78751140
nice myth

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/1/17/1358385/-Neoliberalism-the-Democratic-Party

http://www.counterpunch.org/1998/01/15/how-jimmy-carter-and-i-started-the-mujahideen/
>>
File: FederalDeficit(1).jpg (23 KB, 483x315) Image search: [Google]
FederalDeficit(1).jpg
23 KB, 483x315
>>78751248
>>
>>78752352
That's only because you can't think for yourself, retard.
>>
>>78751226
>Buchanan

this

states seceded and civil war broke out after his administration and he handled it in the worst way possible, pretty hard to beat that fuck up
>>
>>78752403
nice sources

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/war_stories/2004/06/reagans_osama_connection.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>
>>78752257

> muh war on poverty was bad

No . Besides Nam , LBJ Was based as fuck
>>
>>78752460

Nice ad hom bro
>>
>>78752403
>pic related
Where's Carter? All I see is your hero Reagan and the guy from It's Always Sunny
>>
>>78752407
>public debt
>relevant

classic goldbug shitpost

>>78752510
I said "started", dipshit
>>
File: donald-trump-eating_ice_cream.jpg (45 KB, 555x591) Image search: [Google]
donald-trump-eating_ice_cream.jpg
45 KB, 555x591
>>78749822
This.

Although all Presidents have been pretty shite since Reagan, I never got why Americans idolised him. He got lucky with the USSR self-combusting is all.

Last decent American President was Nixon, Carter is probably the only American President who I'd shake hands with.
>>
>>78750347
You sir are deluded.

Clinton lucked the fuck out. The Soviets had completely dissolved by the time he came to power and the US stood unchallenged upon the world stage. The optimism and growth of the mid 90's had nothing to do with Clinton he just a lucky sap who was at the right place at the right time and stick managed to muh dik it for himself by muh dikking the help.
>>
>>78752648
I said "started" you illiterate.

I don't think I'm some cuckservative that worships Ronald "Amnesty" Reagan.
>>
>>78752257
With that war on poverty he and all those social programs he successfully crippled the black family while still making making blacks fiercely loyal to the democratic party. Also makes that "50 years" quote seem feasible

That was probably one of the best cons any politician ever pulled
>>
I am proud to be a Cartercrat better than an Obamacrat or a Clintoncrat
>>
>>78752722
>I never got why Americans* idolised him

*Republicans
>>
File: Nixon-young.jpg (70 KB, 665x385) Image search: [Google]
Nixon-young.jpg
70 KB, 665x385
>>78752722
>Last decent American President was Nixon

I have also come to this conclusion.

Maybe if he hadn't been so paranoid and flushed his presidency down the toilet the world would be a better place today.
>>
>>78752893
>>78752722

Nixon was fucking shit you stupid imbecile faglords . He started the disastrous war on drugs to fuck with those who didn't agree with his agenda
>>
File: index.jpg (5 KB, 216x153) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
5 KB, 216x153
>>78752816
"Reagan Democrats", only in burgerland could you get auto-workers to vote for vote for a C-grade actor as the most anti-union President in American history.
>>
>>78752893
>Maybe if he hadn't been so paranoid and flushed his presidency down the toilet the world would be a better place today.
It hurts that I, too, share these feelings. I talked about my opinions of Nixon with my father a few months ago and he agrees with me as well. If he hadn't have gotten caught he would have gone down in history as a great fucking president; even then, quotes pulled from the tapes make too much fucking sense when you listen to it. Him talking completely straight about minorities, every single problem in the US he hits the nail on the head. It's just a shame that those comments got him in so much trouble.
>>
>>78748163
He banned Saudi's from entering the country. Pretty neat.
>>
>>78753073
He actually was a pretty decent president
>>
>>78752460

>let 9/11 happen and completely failed to punish it
>aggression in Iraq that turned into a disaster
>domestic policy has no real redeeming qualities

I mean Buchanan or someone else from the immediately pre-Civil War era might have been worse, but short of that who could it possibly be
>>
>>78748163
The worst development in the US's foreign policy (tangling itself in the Middle East) happened under Carter. Of course it would have happened regardless of who was president because the presidency is largely a figurehead and the gears of politics that actually matter are all appointed.
>>
>>78752722
>>78752893

I find it comedic that Nixon is hated by liberals blacks and women despite the fact that he did more for blacks and women than some of these liberal presidents
>>
Hoover was the worst president

Then Woodrow Wilson

Then whoever you want to put third it doesn't matter
>>
>>78753238

Republicans to this day still defend bush because durr I would drink a beer with a war criminal he so Like me durr the media made him look way worse HURR DURR
>>
>>78753073
Nah Nixon was pretty alright.
>>
>>78748163
Literally the only reason why Iran is an enemy now instead of the greatest ally in the Middle-East. Fucked up big time.
>>
>>78753073

That was LBJ, not Nixon. Also it was Reagan that really ramped up the whole thing.

Who cares if he bugged a bunch of faggot journalists and rival congressmen? Today every conversation you have online is bugged.
>>
Love you Jimmy! You were good.
Much better than GWBush
>>
Carter carried pussydom to new heights. He was a master of cowardice.
>>
>>78753171
nixon committed literal treason to get elected

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/06/yes-nixon-scuttled-the-vietnam-peace-talks-107623

so no, nixon was not a decent president in the slightest. he was a traitor.
>>
I'm gonna go with Woodrow for selling the US to the Jews. That's far worst than anything carter could have done.
>>
George "Texas village idiot" was easily the fucking worst
>>
File: 1373030102489649.png (242 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
1373030102489649.png
242 KB, 500x421
>>78753585
You stupid burger, do you have even the slightest idea what kind of hell the US would have gotten itself into had it militarily intervened in Iran? The country is far larger, more populous and united than Iraq; how do you think that would have turned out straight after Vietnam?
>>
>>78748288
/thread
>>
>>78752680
>thing that literally moves the entire economy, dictates our standard of living and how much trade we can do with our partners
>not relevant
Classic delusion. The jew comment was the icing on the "I live in a fantasy world" cake. Hey, what time is it over there in buttfuck? Night time? Why isn't it day time? The jews must be behind this.

>>78752752
You, my friend, are the deluded one. Bush Sr. was in office after the USSR completely dissolved, he wasn't as ""lucky"" as Clinton with regards to the growth and optimism of the 90s I guess. Clinton's presidency got us through two financial crisis, the most important being the Asian one in 1997 which had devastating effects on trade for the US economy.

>>78752764
Well at least you're not completely bluepilled. Jihadist funding started earlier though, look up Eisenhower administration and the Muslim Brotherhood, specifically CIA-backed support of Saeed Ramahdan.

I apologize if I misread your post.
>>
What he and Kissinger and Thatcher did to Rhodesia is unforgivable...
>>
>>78753919

That comic hits my sides everytime

That how I always picture Reagan loving conservashits to look like
>>
File: peanut.jpg (10 KB, 206x245) Image search: [Google]
peanut.jpg
10 KB, 206x245
LOOK EVERY ONE HE ONLY HAD ONE TERM WE COULD RE-ELECT HIM AND FIX AND MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>78748163
Every year he speaks at my college and he always mentions this one time when he saw a UFO, so it pretty cool he knows about ayy lmaos.
>>
>>78753661
Who cares, if it wasn't him someone else would have done it. He achieved a lot in his short time in office, sighed a lot of enviromental protection laws, made peace with China, detente with the USSR, talked sense about race ect.
It was JFK, another shit President who Americans retardedly idolise (playing Nuclear chicken, bay of pigs fiasco, civil rights) that started it.
>>
>>78753955
>goldbugs think muh public debt is still in gold and actually matters

give it up it's been almost 100 years since you deluded cranks lost. Go vote for Ron Paul or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KRi9nF8BiA
>>
How could you hate a man with that kind of smile?
>>
>>78754241
>if it wasn't him someone else would have done it

are you fucking stupid? if he didn't sabotage the vietnam peace talks the war would have ended years earlier. no one else would have done it because the war would have ended you retarded fuck.

>He achieved a lot in his short time in office
his achievements do not justify extending the vietnam war - especially on false pretenses.
>>
File: 1457590940312.jpg (41 KB, 550x512) Image search: [Google]
1457590940312.jpg
41 KB, 550x512
LBJ took away the hopeful and pleasantly optimistic future that we were going to have with Kennedy so for that he'll always be the worst president to me
>>
>>78753494
Sorry, fact check. It WAS Nixon who started the drug war. Controlled Substances Act of 1970; Nixon enters office January 20, 1969. You were right that Ronnie put it into second gear, though.
>>
looks like we have the next perfect democratic nominee
>>
>>78753427
>Wilson
>one of the worst

go to bed, kid
>>
File: President_Andrew_Johnson.jpg (1 MB, 1617x2156) Image search: [Google]
President_Andrew_Johnson.jpg
1 MB, 1617x2156
Andrew Johnson. Though he did have some good quotes; "Slavery exists. It is black in the South, and white in the North."
>>
>>78754743
This is a meme, Kennedy was willing to start WW3 over some missiles in Cuba whilst America was upgrading their Nuke-Subs in the black sea. If Krushchev didn't back out we'd probably all be dead now.

Nixon was legitimately one of the more pragmatic Presidents on foreign policy, even with absolute madman Kissinger turning Vietnam into a parking lot.
>>
File: 1455853097825.jpg (346 KB, 1526x1600) Image search: [Google]
1455853097825.jpg
346 KB, 1526x1600
>>78755430
Sorry, I just have such an aversion to Kissinger and everything he's done/caused, that it's hard for me to look at Nixon in a positive light, especially with how close those two were.
I guess Nixon really wasn't that bad.
The biggest shame right now is that Nixon was threatened with Impeachment for what he did but Obama has done far far far worse things and he's getting pass after pass
This timeline sucks so fucking much
Trump is the brightest shining light but he can't illuminate everything
>>
>>78755430
Idk, the fact that Kennedy had the balls to do that and pull it off is damn impressive to me. Also almost everything was going well under him
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.