[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BREAKING: Purchase of Tata Steel assets in UK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
called off by potential buyers because of Brexit vote due to uncertainty over potential trade deal with the EU and worsened economic outlook.

11,000 employees' futures (together with their families, 30,000 people) are on the line in the UK as a result.
>>
>>78683390

Wow nobody wants to buy a failing business that even Tata couldnt make work.
>>
>>78683390
Several bidders for Tata Steel's British operations are close to abandoning talks with their Indian owner as the outcome of the EU referendum threatens to deepen the crisis enveloping the UK's biggest steel producer.

Sky News has learnt that the billionaire tycoon Wilbur Ross, who is among seven bidders shortlisted for Tata Steel's UK business, has signalled that exiting the EU would diminish the prospects of him pursuing a takeover.

A number of other prospective buyers are understood to have similar concerns about the potential impact of Brexit on global demand for steel, the robustness of new trade deals negotiated by the Government, and the ability to sell steel produced in the UK in the European single market.

"Wilbur has been reasonably open that this deal is far less attractive if Brexit happens," said a person who has discussed the Tata Steel situation with Mr Ross.

Sources said this weekend that Tata Steel, which employs roughly 11,000 people in the UK, had raised the possibility of putting its British business into some form of liquidation, although they added that no decisions had been taken.

http://news.sky.com/story/1717499/tata-steel-bidders-get-cold-feet-over-brexit
>>
File: 47242735.png (646 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
47242735.png
646 KB, 1920x1080
>>78683390
>muh short term sacrifices

So fucking what. Strong business will survive while the weak ones will go bankrupt. Brexit will enable us to purge the entire economic system of inefficiency and leeches.
>>
Well the UK can levee tariffs on cheap Chinese steel now and reduce the plants electricity costs to help it, both of which it could not do whilst in the EU.
>>
>>78683390
Now we see what kind of balls the UK government has. Will they Tariff the shit out of steel being dumped into the UK or will they show their bellies like the cowardly dogs we know they are.
>>
>>78683622
>Well the UK can levee tariffs on cheap Chinese steel now
No, it cannot. It can do that in 3-4 years. But by then those steel assets will already have been liquidated.
>>
>>78683655
>Will they Tariff the shit out of steel being dumped into the UK or will they show their bellies like the cowardly dogs we know they are.

The concerns of the potential buyers is that the UK will not be able to sell steel to the rest of the world because of tariffs. How would putting tariffs on steel help with that concern?
>>
>>78683968
You are not the world.
>>
This the same steel industry the government already failed?
>>
File: 28166-1wh4k6c.jpg (227 KB, 1520x1107) Image search: [Google]
28166-1wh4k6c.jpg
227 KB, 1520x1107
>>78683390
The UK government can buy the steel plant now that they are leaving EU.
>>
>>78683390
This was inevitable as the UK barely has a secondary industry as Thatcher got rid of most of it.

At least this will cause more lulz.
>>
>>78684028
>You are not the world.
The fear of the buyer is that the UK has no trade agreements with all the major countries in which steel should be exported. That includes the EU and non-EU countries.

>>78685064
>The UK government can buy the steel plant now that they are leaving EU.
Yes, but only after it leaves, which is in 2020... guess whether the steel plants would still be running by then.
>>
>>78683390
scare mongering, its all 'potentially' 'could's and 'maybe's, in the end the deal will go ahead as planned.
Its just the media making shit up.
>>
>>78683390
Should be in the hands of the workers 2bh
>>
>>78683390
>All the fear mongering from the shithole leftist countries...
>>
>>78683390
I meme'd so fucking hard for Brexit.

I'm glad it's paying off.
>>
>>78683613
>is a NEET
>>
>>78683390
Is this just a bait thread because Germany and the rest of Europe is BTFO because Britain said the rest of you suck?
>>
File: 8cYOxyo.gif (2 MB, 504x1080) Image search: [Google]
8cYOxyo.gif
2 MB, 504x1080
>>78685281
>Yes, but only after it leaves, which is in 2020
>>
>>78683390
you can suck on my tatas homo
>>
>>78685727
this is nothing on what will happen to europe, they wont be able to afford to stay in their pathetic union without the UK lmfao, literally going to be cucking themselves if they do.
>>
>>78685727
>Is this just a bait thread because Germany and the rest of Europe is BTFO because Britain said the rest of you suck?

To be honest, I think this is real. If I were a buyer and would have to put money on the line to buy steel assets in the UK, I might also chicken out of the deal unless it is a LOT sweater than two days ago.
>>
>>78685825
Britain says Tata to Eurocucks.
>>
>>78685281
Who says steel needs to be for export. Profit is profit the jew does not care.
>>
>>78683613
Says the guy running one of those strong businesses
>>
File: lmao.jpg (46 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
46 KB, 600x445
>>78683390
Mfw I shilled for Brexit to lead the UK to its explosion.
>>
>>78683390
Everyone knows the UK is going to join Iceland, Switzerland and Norway with access to the EU markets without the EU.

Just do the british aviation industry alone. will force the issue.
>>
>>78686045
t.white flag
>>
>>78686045
Stockholm syndrome right there folks
>>
>>78686179
t. cannot into loos
>>
TATA is really part of the incoming NWO. TATA servers are spying on you everyday. Beware of this indian group, they are linked to Zionist Israel and other subversive worldwide groups.
>>
>>78686165
this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Free_Trade_Association
>>
>>78685871
I'm not sure anyone cares what a person that thinks leaving the EU will take 4 years thinks, kraut.
>>
>>78686165
>Everyone knows the UK is going to join Iceland, Switzerland and Norway with access to the EU markets without the EU.
what even the point for the brexit then? switzerland and norway still have to apply most of the EU-laws and also paying into the EU budget.
>>
>>78686405
to keep the shitskin migrants like u away
>>
>>78686558
poo in loo.
>>
>>78686609
designated raping streets
>>
>>78686165
>Everyone knows the UK is going to join Iceland, Switzerland and Norway with access to the EU markets without the EU.

Extremely unlikely. These three countries are in Schengen and have free movement of people and labor. There is no way that the UK would agree to a WORSE position when it comes to labor and people movement than now.
>>
>>78686298
>I'm not sure anyone cares what a person that thinks leaving the EU will take 4 years thinks

Listen to the news. Your future PM (Boris) said himself they will not trigger Article 50 anytime soon. If it is triggered early 2017, then the 2 years are over 2019 and they will likely extend to 31 December 2019 in order to have a calendar carryover with Britain leaving on 1 Jan 2020.
>>
>>78686685
Aren't you the other area of Australia?
>>
Implying they aren't using this as leverage to get a better price and didn't see this coming from 1000 bongs away. So quick to take the bait.
>>
>>78687005
>Implying they aren't using this as leverage to get a better price and didn't see this coming from 1000 bongs away. So quick to take the bait.

The price is 0. The only reason any bidder want these steel plants is because the British government provides a sweatener package. It is pretty hard to reduce a purcahse price below 0, which is why Tata is considering to just liquidating the whole assets (i.e. closing them down).
>>
>>78683506
>that even Tata couldnt make work
I know that Tata is a big company, but are they a good, compenent company?
If UK had voted remain, would Tata be good enough to make profits of this factory?

I knwo they brought Jaguar and Land Rover for that matter.
>>
>>78686972
I thought we were part of India

Pajeet my son you must buy more NZ property.
>>
>>78686685
irrelevant country.
>>
>>78687383
>>
>>78686165
Whole point of referendum was to stop endless immigration due to eu freedom of movement policies. It seems idiotic to then join the EFTA which still has freedom of movement.
>>
>>78687277
nice education
>>
>>78687774
At least you stayed in India
>>
Okay?
>>
Hello!
>>
File: 87606676111.jpg (13 KB, 242x226) Image search: [Google]
87606676111.jpg
13 KB, 242x226
>>78683390
>Dumb factory workers who voted to leave, will suffer because of their stupidity

GOOD
Enjoy poverty England!
>>
>>78686045
BASED FROG

Lets go Revolution all over these dirty english roaches! FUCK THE RED COATS! FUCK THE QUEEN! USA + FRANCE = END OF FILTHY ENGLISH!
>>
>>78683390
probably all from poland so EU citizens jobs are on the line not brits
>>
File: I sell cocaine.gif (33 KB, 310x432) Image search: [Google]
I sell cocaine.gif
33 KB, 310x432
it has begun
>>
>>78683390
Sounds like the buyers are all cucks. From what I understand leaving the EU means:

a. No more EU state aid rules means the UK can actually help the steel plant
b. Lower sterling means more competitive prices on our steel
c. UK can now set proper tariffs on shitty chinese steel like the USA does
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.