[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was Britains relation with the EU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: eurozone.png (49 KB, 311x439) Image search: [Google]
eurozone.png
49 KB, 311x439
Unawares American here, so I really don't know anything about different countries relations in the EU, but I DO know that the UK retained their own currency, otherwise in what other ways were they connected? They part of the travel zone? Free trade? Will they become more like Switzerland or Norway or something else? Will they really be able to crack down on immigrants more? Thanks for your time
T. A true Americam
>>
>>78680950
No one answer?
>>
No Britton has input?
>>
>>78680950
>They part of the travel zone
No
>Free trade
Yes
>Will they become more like Switzerland or Norway or something else?
First one probably. Meaning that they will have to abide by the Free Trade Agreement rules but won't have a say in it (only EEC countries do)
>>
most important shit, 4 economic freedoms: goods, people, money and services
>>
>>78682332
That doesn't sound too bad. Will they have a bit more say in their standards/what they import from the EU? Like the ability to ban/allow products in disagreement with the rest of EU or do most countries already have that choise? (Gmo, eco unfriendly tech etc)
>>
File: graph_net_contrib_466x485.gif (15 KB, 466x485) Image search: [Google]
graph_net_contrib_466x485.gif
15 KB, 466x485
Countries either "donate" money to the EU if they are rich enough or take money out of the EU if they are poor enough (like Greece and Poland).

The UK was one of the big "donor" nations. So this means other countries will be getting less free money.
>>
>>78683381
No, that's the whole point.

And libfags who are afraid of GMO foods should die in a fire.
>>
>>78683565
I heard of this too but I wasn't sure if the "benefits" of the free free trade zone was worth it, but yeah I'd be ticked at the principle of it.
>>78683621
And I'm not afraid of the technology but I would be against some huge foreign multinational corporation tricking my farmers into some agricultural ponzi scheme "Yeah these seeds will increase your yield!..j-just buy this special herbicide to go this it, and you'll need to use fungicides and lots of fert too..." by the time expenses are added and the farmer payed for expensive seeds he'll barely net what he was making before and the agribusiness walks away with tax payers subsidies
>>
>>78680950
Basically, they got all of the advantages and none of the disadvantages.
They paid less for the EU per capita than anyone else.
They constantly cockblocked actually decent laws.
They constantly tried to push oppressive shit like TTIP.

And all the while, they were smug assholes who whined about the fact that they had to participate at all and didn't get more stuff blown up their ass.

I'm fucking glad they left.
>>
>>78683565
There's another graph that proves that UK's actual contribution was much lower thatn everyone else's, when you take into account actual wealth and population numbers.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.