[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /pol/, How do you deal with people IRL with fucktarded political
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: idiots.jpg (28 KB, 477x358) Image search: [Google]
idiots.jpg
28 KB, 477x358
Hi /pol/,

How do you deal with people IRL with fucktarded political opinions? I can handle disagreements and a good argument, provided people are informed, but I consistently come across people who have strong opinions on something, but readily admit they know nothing about it and take their ignorance as a point of pride.

For example, there were people talking about how we have to do "something" about gun control. When I asked them what, they said "ban assault rifles." When I told them assault rifles are already banned, they said "anything where you can pull the trigger multiple times in row." When I informed them that constitutes just about all guns and would be a violation of the 2nd Amendment, they said "well maybe we should get rid of that too." When I asked then if they understood the historical purpose of the 2nd Amendment, they said it's a law that was bought by the NRA. When I told them that was wrong, they rolled their eyes, got pissed off at me, and said none of this matters because we just need to "do something."

The stupid is a legitimate pain on a daily basis.
>>
>>78673750
don't use the second amendment as an argument, retard
explain to them that you need guns to defend yourself from criminals
I bet you use the bible to argue about gay marriage, too. Jfc
>>
>>78673997
uhh, no. I'm a left-leaning libertarian. And they were wondering why we couldn't take draconian measures to ban guns, the answer is cut-and-dry: it would be unconstitutional to do so. And the 2nd Amendment isn't some accident of NRA lobbying.
>>
>>78674723
yeah, but you're acting like there's something intrinsically wrong with not following the constitution. (which there isn't, there have been plenty of retarded abolished amendments).
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 189x189) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 189x189
>>78673750

Dear OP it's very simple, you mask your power level and make the people around you think you support what they support, and share their opinions. Then you can plant little seeds of doubt within their minds.

Fucking A man.

It's easy, if you can do it with a straight face.

Just agree with them and mimic their opinions in the most extreme form, then release little bits of red pills.

Take for instance my aunt, she is in her 50s and a Hilldog person. She literally thinks I am going to write in Jeb, to help Hillary win. (My aunt works at the board of elections and knows I'm a registered republican.) So i give her small seeds of doubt, she listened to the last epic Trump speech because I told her -
"I can't believe he thinks he can get away with saying this!"

I have shown her tons of files on Hillary and corruption, telling her we need to prove these wrong - they must be fake.

She is still voting Hillary but very confused and fully believes Hillary is corrupt now. Im sure she was also influenced by Trumps last speech.

The seed of doubt mang.
>>
>>78674723
>libertarian
>>
>>78673750
The best way to argue with a liberal is accept their accusations that you are mean, a racist, etc. and then illustrate concisely that it literally has nothing to do with the factuality of your statements. I did this in college with hilarious results.

"Your a racist!"
"Assuming for a moment I am, how does that make the sky not blue?"

If you accept their usual argument terminating accusation you remove their ability to pretend they won.
>>
I don't expect americans to have manners but you should know that it's not polite to discuss politics or finances with people.

I generally don't do it unless I know the person isn't a dumbfuck.
>>
My dad is borderline retarded and still gets pissed off if you don't humor him even if he is making absolutely no sense. He is a total Bernout and complains about things like world hunger and corruption without doing so much as 5 minutes of homework to trace the problem to its roots, he just shitposts in caps on Facebook all day and alienates himself from his entire family in the process. I don't know what to do, it just keeps getting worse and he won't fucking listen to anybody and everyone has told him to stop at some point.

Idk what point I'm trying to make, it's impossible to BTFO someone who is just going on like a broken record about nothing for no fucking reason.
>>
>>78673750

Just for you:

Why It's Time to Repeal the Second Amendment

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/why-its-time-to-repeal-the-second-amendment-right-bear-arms-20160613

It's a really short read, so do it. As you read it, think about how you would destroy his opinions. This will prepare you, somewhat.

If you can't destroy the shit in that opinion piece, you're too retarded to help. It only gets tougher after that.
>>
>>78676019
Don't even bother trying to talk to your dad. You can't cure crazy. After years of trying to help my ex, I just let crazies rant, and I ignore them.
>>
>>78676423

Appreciate the article (and yes, it's easy to argue against every point), but my problem isn't really "how to argue," it's "how to deal with people who are ignorant and proud of it." Which is a lot of people.
>>
File: 1466736649901.jpg (84 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1466736649901.jpg
84 KB, 640x960
You don't. You aren't going to convince them if you confront them, and any onlookers with half a brain will think both of you are fucking retarded if a 'debate' ensues.
>>
>>78673750
dude constitutions lmao
>>
>>78676423
First words of the article:
>I teach the Constitution for a living.

This is why we're fucked.
>>
There's no logical argument that will work with someone who can't grasp logic.
>>
>>78680662
lel
>>
>>78673750
>How do you deal with people IRL with fucktarded political opinions?
You outvote them.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.