[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Scenario: let's say a guy breaks into your house in your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 20160122_153337.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
20160122_153337.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
Scenario: let's say a guy breaks into your house in your country while you are home. You confront the robber with a legally purchased (for some if you I guess this is a no) firearm. They get scared and start to leave but as they are leaving they decide to punch your TV or kick some of your property in retaliation, destroying valuable property.

You can't just shoot them, what can you do?
>>
File: brexit019.png (3 MB, 1832x1754) Image search: [Google]
brexit019.png
3 MB, 1832x1754
get out of EU
>>
Castle doctrine, as long as the intruder is in my home it's legal to shoot him.
>>
>>78670461
>You can't just shoot them

Sure you can. They're continuing threatening behaviour despite you showing you're prepared to use lethal force.
>>
>>78670461
>Violent acts
>after breaking into my place of residence
I can still shoot them and i probably will
>>
>>78670785
Not in your country :)
>>
>>78670865
This.
>>
>>78670461
Of course you can shoot them, they're destroying your property in some kind of rage, clearly you felt fear for the safety of your life. If they're willing to destroy your property with a gun pointed at them, who's to say they won't come back and target you?
>>
The only way they're leaving is in a body bag
>>
As long as you live in a state with castle laws you can shoot them the second they step through your door. Do not shoot them outside your home and do not shoot them in the back. It would also be a good idea to make it a well placed shot to make sure they are dead and cannot sue you for injury after the fact.

Home invaders are pretty stupid to try anything in the USA.
>>
>>78670461
>guy breaks into my house in my state and local jurisdiction
> while you are home
> confront the robber
> [ no more green text, situation is resolved ]

At this point he's bodybag meat and I'm picking up the phone to dial 911. So long as he's facing me and within 20 feet, that's game over and I'll file a nice, polite police report.

There might be investigation and more paperwork, and certainly cleanup. Possibly I may have to sue his estate & surviving relatives for clean-up and other costs. But, my location (which is country + state + localized jurisdiction) is very clear on my castle doctrine. He has forcibly broken into my domicile while I am in it. That's it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.