[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever thought about what will happen here, on /pol/,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (140 KB, 1041x1066) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140 KB, 1041x1066
Have you ever thought about what will happen here, on /pol/, if a Third World War really did break out? Would we still talk to one another even if our countries were at war? I know at least a handful of active duty soldiers from several countries post on here. Could it be possible two opposing soldiers shitpost with each other the night before they kill one another?
>>
>>78627869
If we can we will.
>>
I didn't realize how much I wanted this until you said it.
>>
Didn't the English and Germans play soccer at some point during WW2?
>>
>>78628201
Yeah. It was WW1 tho actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gTasTxyqLs
>>
>>78628201
There are various instances, like the Christmas Armistace or whatever it was called in WW1 where two opposing factions truces and met between the trenches on Christmas and played soccer, swapped stories, and were genuinely nice and having fun with one another

I can just imagine some banter the night before an operation between two soldiers stationed in similar areas
Then actually seeing one another in the field to mouse out some frightened cringeworthy /pol/ meme before someone dies while the survivor sits with the existential horror of war

Anyway yeah, would be sick bantz
>>
>>78628201
Hell no. That was WW1. Learn your history, leaf.

WW1 was a war where kings and politicians dictated down to their subjects "go kill these people so that I gain prestige." There was not much sense of loyalty and sympathy between soldiers on opposite sides were high despite the hellish nature of trench warfare, which allowed the Christmas Armistice to happen.

WW2 was a war where fascists led loyal soldiers in a campaign to conquer the world and to kill off the Jews. Even though the scope of the latter was not known until much later, nonetheless the entire free world decided that what they were doing was horrible and had to be stopped. There was not much sympathy on either side.
>>
>>78627869
Aussies and Turks chilled with each other on the front lines before killing each other in WW1
>>
>>78628671
Shut up fatso.
>>
>>78628825
Can you imagine it today on /pol/

Huge battle about to break out between two armies composed of largely just two nations
The battle gets a happening sticky
Absolute madmen civilians and soldiers in the area shitpost live in the middle of it
All the autism of a meetup thread with ten times the gore
>>
File: 1385754136913.gif (57 KB, 680x846) Image search: [Google]
1385754136913.gif
57 KB, 680x846
>>78627869
I've thought about that for a while. A happening wouldn't be worth if I can't post and see posts on /pol/ while it happens.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.