[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why havet we given younger people a vote?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: CluAX9rWgAAgWhn.jpg (164 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
CluAX9rWgAAgWhn.jpg
164 KB, 1200x900
Seems a bit unfair
>>
You really think when they are still doing school and living with parents unless parents died, that they really understand a decision that really impacts your country?
>>
>>78597757
>Unable to support themselves.
>Relatively ignorant.
>Still developing mentally.

Basically kids are stupid, thats why theyre not allowed to vote.
>>
>>78598020
>>78598376
Fucking ageist scum check your adult privilege.

I may have the body of a 16 year old but I identify as a 21 year old. I deserve to have a vote.
>>
>>78597757
If you allow 16 year olds to vote, you'll have 14 year olds claiming that it's unfair.

You might as well just give toddlers the right to vote at that stage.

Personally, I believe that only people who pay taxes should be allowed to vote.
>>
It's dumb as fuck to let underage people to vote. Their decision will be too influenced by their parents.
>>
>>78597757
>18-25 year-olds don't bother voting
>voter turnout increases as the age groups get older
There will never be enough 16 year-olds that get up off their ass to even convince the government to give them voting rights
>>
>>78597757
They should vote to change it once they reach a certain age, to only realise how stupid they were a few years back.

I remember when I was 16/17 and thought for years Hitler was the bad guy.
>>
>>78597757
>Don't make any money of their own to speak off
>Don't pay taxes and thus don't even have the most basic grasp of where the governments money comes from
>No real life responsibilities
>Base their world view of what they've read on Tumblr the past two weeks

Yeah, of course they should have the power to affect society.
>>
>>78599731
Taxes and military service (or another form of public service if you're somehow unfit to fulfill your obligations towards the nation)
>>
>>78599731
if the only people who paid taxes could vote they would be better off just directly spending their money on the services they wanted in their communities and getting rid of government which requires the robbery of wealth to inefficiently get anything done
>>
>>78598376
>Unable to support themselves.
>Relatively ignorant.
>Still developing mentally???

Why are women allowed to vote again?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.