[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Source : The fucking Bible, idiots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36
File: bible_dl-dynamiclead.jpg (21 KB, 432x287) Image search: [Google]
bible_dl-dynamiclead.jpg
21 KB, 432x287
So you realise that if you're gay you're going to hell, right?
>>
>>78588908
Kek doesn't accept fedoras
>>
File: Hide christian threads.png (219 KB, 1423x847) Image search: [Google]
Hide christian threads.png
219 KB, 1423x847
>>
>>78589095
Failed. Twice.
Gtfo, homo.
>>
File: 1466082720384.png (589 KB, 600x557) Image search: [Google]
1466082720384.png
589 KB, 600x557
>>78588785

it's a sin to tell someone that he'll go to hell
also i'm pretty sure saying "fucking bible" is also a sin.
>>
File: d1944.jpg (35 KB, 500x307) Image search: [Google]
d1944.jpg
35 KB, 500x307
>>78588785
Pretty sure that's the old testament and not the new testament (the one Christians are supposed to uphold).
>>
File: 5547026074_265849efa3_z.jpg (89 KB, 425x598) Image search: [Google]
5547026074_265849efa3_z.jpg
89 KB, 425x598
if triples, Jesus is real and he loves you

if anything else, Jesus is still real and he loves you
>>
If God exists then how come he doesn't.

I know Kek does cause... you know... Check em.
>>
>>78589516
>3 times
Pretty funny desu.
>>
File: 1466797269247.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1466797269247.gif
2 MB, 500x500
>>78589095
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as God,
is in fact, Kek/God, or as I've recently taken to calling it, kek plus God.
God is not an omnipotent being unto itself, but rather another component
of kek made possible by meme magic, pepe, and vital websites comprising a full memeatic religion, as defined by DAT BOI

Many 4chaners praise a modified version of Kek every day,
without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of Kek
which is widely worshiped today is often called "God", and many of its followers are
not aware that it is basically Kek, made possible by the meme magicians of 4chan .

There really is a God, and these people are worshiping it, but it is just a
part of the religion they use. Kek is the Base: the meme magic on the site
that allocates the magic resources to the other memes that you view.
memes are an essential part of Kek, but are useless by theirself;
they can only function in the context of a complete memeatic religion. God is
normally used in combination with Kek: the whole system
is basically Kek with God added, Kek/God. All the so-called "God"
religions are really versions of Kek/God.
>>
File: 1462128728301.png (386 KB, 1436x1652) Image search: [Google]
1462128728301.png
386 KB, 1436x1652
>>78589297
The new testament references the old testament and even directly quotes it several times anon.

To read one with out the other is pretty dumb anon.
>>
Well, OP definitely has a leg to stand on.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Jude 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
>>
Can you give me a solid proof that hell exists
>>
>>78588785
Hell isn't teal, dumbass.
>>
>>78592594
Of course not, I imagine a teal hell would make for a very for place of torment.
>>
>>78588785
Why do all you bible thumping bigots care if other people go to hell or not? Arent these people mostly the kind of folks you would rather not see in the afterlife, oh holy ones?
>>
>we are the people of god
>even tough the bible says the true church will be replaced by a fake one and the true God will be called a demon and his followers demon worshippers

I'm sure you're unable to do miracles with jesus because he's out of batteries and not because he's the devil
>>
>>78592928
>Why do all you bible thumping bigots care if other people go to hell or not?
Because our conscience isn't seared with a hot iron.

The bible doesn't stop at saying they are going to hell, it also says they're dumb animals made to be taken and destroyed. The context is execution by the state, not vigilantism.

It also enlightens us to how that fags are pedophiles.
>>
File: tumblr_mwootqu6tn1sn7ftpo3_500.jpg (56 KB, 500x639) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwootqu6tn1sn7ftpo3_500.jpg
56 KB, 500x639
>I-it's an illness
>t-they have bad hormones

Cool idea bruh, let me tell you that doctors assure that a problem with masculine hormones, makes your dick small.

HAVE A LOOK AT THIS AND LET'S SEE HOW REASONABLE THIS CLAIM IS.
>>
>>78593383
And here I thought Jesus preached love and tolerance above all
>>
File: 1439984804049.gif (240 KB, 400x200) Image search: [Google]
1439984804049.gif
240 KB, 400x200
>>78588785

>this goy thinks hell exist
>>
>>78593383

The bible also says it's laws were changed because the devil is real, his people are the majority, the church will be replaced by a false church with a false saviour and the followers of the true God will be called demon worshippers.

I'm a Satanist, btw, I believe Satan is the name of God :3

And trust me, I DO get persecuted, I DO get bullshit for saying this, I DO get refused service in places, I DO get accused falsely of many things, I DO get refused judical assistance, I DO get persecuted and hated by all.

As expected of the believers of the true one :3

Because designing from scratch a human that loves dicks in his butt and then telling him to die a virgin is not loving, but rather cruel, and proper of DEVILS.
>>
>>78593383
>it also says they're dumb animals made to be taken and destroyed
Cite the verse for this.
>>
Steering away from homosexuality is possible. I honestly think every gay man or woman can do it. It just takes a lot of determination and faith.

Homosexuality for them is temptation.
>>
>>78589297
Jesus said he came not to abolish the old law. On the basis of the bible, christians being against homosexuality is justified and the "that's the old testament" comment that people like to throw around doesn't change anything since the old testament still stands in the christian faith.
>>
File: troll-troll-dad-monocle.jpg (151 KB, 1500x1983) Image search: [Google]
troll-troll-dad-monocle.jpg
151 KB, 1500x1983
THE BIBLE UNLEASHED:

Jeremiah 8:8

How can you say, ‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

Matthew 10:25

Students are to be like their teacher, and slaves are to be like their master. And since I, the master of the household, have been called the prince of demons, the members of my household will be called by even worse names!

--------------------

WHEN IS JESUS CONTINUOUSLY CALLED PRINCE OF DEMONS BY EVERYONE IN THE WORLD?
>>
>>78594230
this

Jesus said multiple times that the law shouldn't be change and that he didn't come to change it.
>>
>>78588785
So you realise, if you believe in the bible, you're literally a jew, right?
>>
>>78589265
Is this like the christian version of being reported for reporting?
>>
>>78594459
The scribes were the ones that wrote the talmud, the perverted traditions of men. The bible is true.

They rejected God, and here He tells us that Christians will be persecuted and slandered for His sake.

Why is this confusing for you?

Also, you are delusional for worshiping a lying serpent, whose fate is already known; eternal separation from God.
>>
>>78594080

Sodomites should be put to death by the government:
>Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Sodomites are worthy of death:
>Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Sodomites are dogs:
>Deuteronomy 23:17-18 There shall be no whore of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.
>Thou shalt not bring the hire of a whore, or the price of a dog, into the house of the LORD thy God for any vow: for even both these are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Sodomites are brute beasts (dumb animals):
>Jude 1:10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.

... brute beasts made to be taken and destroyed:
>2 Peter 2:12 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;
>>
>>78588785
>Do unto others, as you would have others do unto you.
Jesus was pro gay senpai.
>>
>>78594040
You are the worst kind of stupid. Have fun with Satan.
>>
>>78594698
Incorrect. Israelites by the way. "Jew" is a fake word.
>>
>>78593659
>And here I thought Jesus preached love and tolerance above all
You thought wrong.

Sodomites are haters of God, filled with all iniquity:
>Romans 1:28-30 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers, Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

>2 Chronicles 19:2 And Jehu the son of Hanani the seer went out to meet him, and said to king Jehoshaphat, Shouldest thou help the ungodly, and love them that hate the LORD? therefore is wrath upon thee from before the LORD.

>Psalm 139:21-22 Do not I hate them, O LORD, that hate thee? and am not I grieved with those that rise up against thee?
>I hate them with perfect hatred: I count them mine enemies.
>>
>>78595707
t. mentally deranged idiot
>>
>>78595574
My understanding id that that is only for non-gentiles, at least that's what christians have told me when defending the bible on that sort of thing.
>>
>>78588785
They aren't going tohell because they're gay, They are going to hell cause they're promiscous.

Holy shiiiet!!!!
>>
>>78593659
He taught love. Some things are not meant to be tolerated.
>>
>>78588785
>Heaven and Hell are two different places

When will this western meme die? We all go to the same place.
>>
File: 1463302537032.jpg (16 KB, 182x255) Image search: [Google]
1463302537032.jpg
16 KB, 182x255
>>78588785
You realize the bible is nothing but bastardized, judaized Aegean and Persian wisdom. Designed to breed collectivist christian slave societies, who surrender all the reigns of power to their Jewish overlords?

You know you're a nature hating, slave race designed to self destruct right?
>>
>>78596672
wew lad

Delete this picture. Delete all of your pictures. Throw away your Bible, (obviously you haven't opened it), and then keep on your path of throwing away your life to Satan. The irony of this post is disgusting and I am triggered.
>>
Does the bible say homosexuals go to hell? I thought all it said is that they are supposed to be killed. As long as they repent and believe in Jesus as their lord and savior, then they don't go to hell.
>>
>>78596257
>that
What is that?
>>
>>78597105
Someone skipped Revelations.
>>
>>78588785
Oh look. It's that same fedora tipping shit lord leaftard who always posts religious topic on /pol/.

What's up cunt?
>>
>>78597055

Not an argument
>>
>>78591703
>>78594230
t. people who haven't read the Bible

You're saying we should also follow the Old Testament, which means no two crops in the same field, no blended clothes, don't touch pig skins etc...

Just quote Romans as to why fags are an abomination instead
>>
>>78597155
Those passages that people tend to site as anti-gay(as well as ones that argue for silly things like shellfish and mixing fabrics) were from ritual procedures or something like that.

While we're on that, how do you respond to those passages that come off as arbitrary, and if you feel that they are arbitrary, then how are the ones condemning homosexuality not arbitrary?
>>
>>78597105
>Does the bible say homosexuals go to hell?
They bible says reprobates are rejected by God and therefore they are damned. One type of reprobate is the sodomite.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_7Fl6PV3bw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLf1kqtzgdQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMtfmWh5mao

The bible says they cannot believe.
>John 12
>[37] But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet they believed not on him:
>[38] That the saying of Esaias the prophet might be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed?
>[39] Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
>[40] He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
>[41] These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
>>
>>78595574
So you're saying that God intentionally created homosexuals in order to kill them?

Doesn't that go against John 3:16?
>>
>>78597560
Not in the Bible. At least learn how to use memes properly you dumbass.
>>
>>78596672
yes but some of us go as angels and some of us go as demons
>>
>>78598611
More blasphemy. Humans are not angels and no one becomes an angel. Read your Bible.
>>
>>78588785
So is anyone who doesn't put their trust in Christ
>>
>>78592582
Define solid proof
>>
>>78592928
Because we care
>>
>>78594590
He came to fufil the law
>>
>>78588785

I'm not gay but I'm cool with that, satan seems like an okay dude.
>>
>>78597585
>Matthew 5:17-18King James Version (KJV)

>17 Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil.

>18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

Nah, that's definitely in there. Don't get me wrong, I don't believe in any of the bible or any other creation myth holy books. I just annoys me when people say to christians or when christians say to other christians that the old testament should be disregarded. You either believe all of it, or none of it
>>
>>78599428
He loses all his power when he is cast into hell
>>
>>78599529
Your absolutely right, Gods law still exist, but read Romans 7
>>
File: 1464993597452.jpg (1 MB, 900x3186) Image search: [Google]
1464993597452.jpg
1 MB, 900x3186
>>78596095
>CI madness
*tips stupidity*
>>
>>78588785
I've known people who have lived lives as gay people and then repented of that life and sincerely found Jesus, or at least come to realize that Jesus IS the Lord. But I do think that going down that road is very caustic to your soul and strongly reduces your odds of ever finding God, because he hates homosexuality. If you resist those urges and don't act on them because you know God doesn't want you to act that way, I'm sure he'd love that. We all battle with sin, and God hates all sin, but I do believe that God has a special hatred for homosexuality. Jesus can save anyone if they submit to him and accept him though
>>
>>78589265
I know saying someone will go to hell is a sin since you're taking judgement into your hands. But saying fucking Bible is rude, it's not quite blasphemy since you didn't insult God . God isn't the Bible, and the Bible isn't God
>>
>>78598229

2 Thessalonians 1:6 since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you, 7 and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, 8 in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9 These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power

>everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord
>from the presence of the Lord
>presence of the Lord
>presence

The idea that Hell is a place separated from God is an old Latin myth that you would do well not to repeat. For there can be no place that is separated from the Lord- that is a blasphemy that not only suggests that the Lord isn't all-powerful, all-knowing, everywhere present, it assumes another blasphemy that diminishes the power of Christ's death and resurrection. He went down into Hades and freed all the souls there, and His resurrection ended our separation from God forever.

1 Peter 3:18 For Christ also suffered once for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive by the Spirit, 19 by whom also He went and preached to the spirits in prison"
>>
>>78588785
Which is why I must prove my life is worth getting into heaven by bringing the fight to the enemy. You can't be a gay standing in front of Saint Peter with nothing to your name but a list of fellas you've fucked because you're a hedonist scum. I will bring Honour with me and the deaths of many Muslims.
>>
>>78595850
This
>>
File: 1455662334448.jpg (14 KB, 236x345) Image search: [Google]
1455662334448.jpg
14 KB, 236x345
>>78599529

He says, “Heaven and earth will pass away, but not an iota, not a dot will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.” All is accomplished when He is crucified. That’s when all is accomplished. In the theological Gospel of St. John, the last word of Jesus from the Cross is one Greek word, Tetelestai, which means, “It is accomplished.” In Latin, it’s two words: “Consummatum est.” It’s usually translated in English as, “It is finished,” so most people think He’s going to die, especially because it says, “He cried out, ‘It is finished,’ and He gave over His spirit.” But it doesn’t mean that He’s going to die. That word means it’s fulfilled. It’s accomplished. It’s perfected. There’s nothing more that God can say, there’s nothing more that God can show, there’s nothing more that God can do. In the death of Jesus of Nazareth, the Messiah, the Son of God, the Lamb of God, God has done his final act. That’s it. It’s fulfilled. Nothing can surpass it. So, not one word of the Law passes away until it’s accomplished, but when He’s crucified, it’s all accomplished. Therefore, all the word is fulfilled in Him.

So when we ask the question: What does it mean that Jesus died for us? Simply put, it means that he revealed the truth, he did the truth, the truth is love. He fulfills it completely, therefore the law is now kept. Therefore God has no case against us, because he can’t have a case against us if the law is not broken, and he didn’t break it! And therefore he voluntarily enters into the realm of sin, curse, and death in order to obliterate it, to wipe it out once and for all forever.
>>
>>78599730
Damn that's a tasty contradiction. Why does anyone believe this? There's no consistency
>>
>>78599988
>that is a blasphemy
If you're not with God, you're away from Him, right?
If you're not in the presence of God, He isn't there, right?

>He went down into Hades and freed all the souls there, and His resurrection ended our separation from God forever
So what you're saying is that God isn't going to cut them off, but keep them alive being tortured forever so He can watch it from far away?
>>
>>78597979
He loved everybody at one point, but there is a point that even those people he died for become damned and hopeless.

Death is one point. If one dies without being saved, that person is done.
>Hebrews 9:27 it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment
>Mark 9:43-44 And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Sodomites aren't born that way, they become that way after they come to the truth of God and then decide to hate and reject God, at which point God in turn rejects them.
>Romans 1:18-32

Other people who are alive, yet have lost their chance to be saved:
People who take the mark of the beast:
>Revelation 14:11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
People who blaspheme the Holy Ghost:
>Mark 3:29-30 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
>Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
People who change the Word of God:
>Revelation 22:19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
>>
>>78599988
Nothing unclean will enter Heaven. You are actually stupid. Here is an explanation of the verse.

http://biblehub.com/commentaries/2_thessalonians/1-9.htm
>>
>>78600439
Did you even read it
>>
>>78588785
It's only unrepentant homosexuals, and not only them btw:

>Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who submit to nor perform homosexual acts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor verbal abusers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.

basically any one who rejects Christ will be damned.
>>
>>78588785
We are already born sinners. It's the core essence of Christianity.
So at this point it actually doesn't matter. No matter how much you repent, you can't make Adam and Eve uneat that fruit.
>>
>>78600667
>they become that way after they come to the truth of God and then decide to hate and reject God
So you're saying those 9 year old boys who dress up as girls and act like queers and tell everyone they are gay, knew God but rejected Him?

I know that God doesn't make anything imperfect.
>>
The Bible doesn't say anything about sexuality, but sexual act. Rather than hating yourself for being gay, you should just accept Jesus in to your heart. He will guide you to the right path instead judging. It's all about accepting Jesus and believing in him leading the way. Even if you're gay you won't have immoral thoughts once you've accepted Jesus.
>>
>>78601041
>We are already born sinners
I don't understand this, either. A baby doesn't ask to be born, let alone know about sin, or choose to sin.
>>
>>78601080
Most likely they have been told to reject those ideas. Or those ideas have been withheld from them. So naturally they fall into a depraved state because they don't know any better.
>>
>>78601208
It's impossible for us to not sin. Only man who has ever done it was Christ, and that is because he was Christ.
>>
>>78600667
>>78597895
could you address me here >>78597630 and explain the passages about mixing fabrics and shellfish? You seem to be educated on this and I specifically want to know:
What is the context of the banning of mixing fabrics, not eating shellfish, and other seemingly arbitrary restrictions?
If those are arbitrary, how is the condemnation of homosexuality not arbitrary as well?
What is the rooting of the gentiles vs non-gentiles thing in some ritualistic practices, and is it related to those things?
>>
>>78601149
>Even if you're gay you won't have immoral thoughts once you've accepted Jesus.
But that's not right. Immoral thoughts are temptations. They're really annoying, and weapons of the enemy.

If we didn't have immoral thoughts as Christians, how are we supposed to be tempted?

>>78601266
I guess so. It's all so tragic and sad. Every day seems like a punch in the balls when I look at the world. May God forgive us all.
>>
File: sthermanofalaska.jpg (46 KB, 386x451) Image search: [Google]
sthermanofalaska.jpg
46 KB, 386x451
>>78600547

Wrong, God is everywhere. There is no place where God is absent.

>so He can watch it from far away

God is everywhere, He doesn't have to watch "from far away".

The Orthodox understanding is basically that if you have been saved by God's grace then the afterlife will feel like paradise, but if you a wicked soul that turned your back on God through your own free will then God's love will feel like fiery torment. Consider the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the OT, how they were locked in the furnace but the flames did not hurt them, but they hurt the guards after they went in. Or how in Jerusalem during Holy Pascha the flames of the candles are not harmful to the touch. Or how, in pop culture, crosses and holy water are not harmful to regular people but they are very harmful to vampires and demons and such.
>>
>>78601440
He provided alcohol for a wedding. He spread degeneracy and dependency that night
>>
>>78601496
Well you can get those thoughts but you can reject them with faith
>>
>God made Hell for Satan
>God causes mass destruction and death
>God dooms people to hell for burn for all eternity
>God didn't want Adam to eat the Apple of Knowledge, knowledge being the only concept that makes humans human and self-aware/not a fucking ant or jellyfish without a conscious brain

Wow I bet this guy makes a lot of good decisions amirite
>>
>>78588785
What kind of stupid Christianity is this, it's a sin, we all have sins, and god will forgive them if we do good, this is true Christianity,
>>
File: Collage 2016-06-24 15_40_24.jpg (147 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Collage 2016-06-24 15_40_24.jpg
147 KB, 1024x1024
false, Once Saved Always Saved through Faith in Jesus Christ
>>
>>78601588
I honestly think you may be trying to blend 2 ideas in to 1.

Hell is before the lake of fire. They are not the same places. Hell and death will be cast in there to remove them from existence.

Since it's likely a brimstone lake, and it has cleansing qualities, it's like a big puddle of bleach that bacteria get thrown in.

You could argue that since brimstone has holy cleansing properties that God may be present in it, but that doesn't really make a lot of sense considering that it's a place to remove the people He casts out, to be far away from His children who He will dwell with.

Does what I'm saying make sense?

The miracle of withstanding fire in the O.T. doesn't seem related to the issue to me, since they weren't being punished by God, they were being protected by earthly fire.
>>
>>78601208
>I don't understand this, either. A baby doesn't ask to be born, let alone know about sin, or choose to sin.
It's not what the bible says.

>Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
>Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death
>Revelation 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death

Wages are earned. We earn the second death through our sin. Sin is something that is done, not inherited. We inherited a sin nature, which means that we are tempted to do sin.

>Hebrews [14] Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession.
>[15] For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
>>
>>78601644
Burn yourself leaf.
>>
>>78600439
What it pretty much is saying is that the law is what will judge those who do not enter into the covenant with Christ, so if you die without Christ, you will be judged by the law,

Christians enter into a covenant with Christ when we put our trust in him for our salvation

Our old self died with Christ, and we are born again a new creation, so we are no longer under the old law but under the law of Grace
>>
>>78588785
Fix: if you fuck in your ass with men, you're going to hell. Gayness itself isn't a sentence.
>>
>>78602216
Haven fun in hell with Calvin. Jesus said it himself that we can fall from grace.
>>
>>78601208
It's called original sin.
When Noah got drunk and naked, his son Ham shamelessly mocked him for it, while his two brothers dressed Noahand put him to bed.
God cursed Ham's descendants, who resettled modern Africa, to a life of slavery.
>>
>>78600691

Are calling the Orthodox Church stupid? Because this is how we have understood it for 2,000 years and how we will understand it for 2,000 years more. Maybe if you were a little more humble you might learn something.
>>
>>78601208
We are born with a sin nature,
>>
>>78601041
You can simply baptise yourself, and this sin is gone.
>>
>>78601778
The fall was his plan

He provided a way out of condemnation

What's keeping you from accepting it
>>
The real secret is that there's no heaven there's only hell and that the thing we believe to be god is the devil in disguise

it's like the matrix, right, if people lived in the knowledge that they were damned one way or the other their souls would wither and die and be useless. By providing the semblance of an alternative Satan gets higher quality yield and the joy of deceiving billions of people.

what a prick
>>
>>78601864
Nope, a guilty man is still guilty
>>
File: 300px-1.jpg (21 KB, 300x353) Image search: [Google]
300px-1.jpg
21 KB, 300x353
>>78602379

The easiest way to know that you are right, is when someone calls you stupid my Orthodox brother.
>>
>>78588785
To be fair, the bible also says if you speed you're going to hell.
>>
>>78602379
You seem to be confusing hell with "purgatory". They reject any Catholic view point on it, rightfully so. They still pray for the dead. I'm calling you stupid. How long have you been at this? A month? A week? I would hope only a day, for your sake. You became Orthodox because people on /pol/ told you to? And you left it at that? I would take your own advice. You make the Orthodox Church look bad.
>>
>>78602771
Or maybe he is currently being stupid and should stop spreading wrong information around in the name of the Orthodox Church.
>>
Do people unironically believe in the Bible?

The Bible is like the Constitution. It was written within the laws and rules of a society far removed from ours. The Bible is from an age when human sacrifices were made to gods. Where such tributes were accepted.

The Bible is pretty outdated.

Gays aren't going to hell, etc. When you die your conciousness goes back to the same place it was before you were born. Which is who knows where
>>
>>78601470
>how is the condemnation of homosexuality not arbitrary as well?
The bible teaches through the entire book a consistent message that sodomites are filthy people. They are dangerous, they have no conscience, they are predators, liars, murderers, rapists, pedophiles.

>explain the passages about mixing fabrics and shellfish?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJCw6wMV3NM

Everything will make sense after you get saved.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC6o90PNQLA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hycjHApNNOM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfpMTAPw1gY
>>
>>78603113
You made some claims
Do you know for a fact
>>
>>78602264
>>78602406
>Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.
When does a baby emerge from its mother's womb and sin? When does it steal, or kill, or bear false witness? That's my point; babies don't know what sin is, they suck their thumbs for months because they have no idea what's going on around them.

I just don't get "sin nature", though. You don't have to respond to this point, it's just an observation. It's all evil's fault at the end of the day.

>>78602373
>his son Ham shamelessly mocked him for it
Maybe mocked, we don't know. From what I got from the verse, the guy saw him and went and told his brothers about it instead of covering him up without looking.

I also don't believe that Africans are descendants of Ham either, but this is personal and very controversial.

>>78603189
>Everything will make sense after you get saved.
LOL!
>>
>>78602689
We are all guilty though. God has the final say of course, but Jesus did come to save us
>>
>>78602670
I think i like this more though, After God defeated Satan in the great battle, Satan came to earth disguised as Jesus claiming he is the son of God( to feed of the human soul/spirit), and he is not, when he reveals himself as the antichrist, then God himself will show up and Battle/Aliens Going into a new dimension whatever happens.
>>
>>78602217
>Hell is before the lake of fire

I'm not trying to blend anything I'm just telling you how the Orthodox see it. There is a difference between Hades and Gehenna, the "lake of fire" is Gehenna, so if you are saying Hades is before Gehenna you are partially correct. Hades does not exist anymore, it was destroyed by Christ.

But when evil people die they do not go to Gehenna, at least not yet, if any go at all. All of that is after the second coming of Christ.
>>
File: 1456717226453.png (384 KB, 485x496) Image search: [Google]
1456717226453.png
384 KB, 485x496
>/pol/ calls themselves a christian board
>don't get irrationally angry at meme magick posts or consider the internet to be the antichrist
Take the blackpill, friends
>>
>>78603348
The guy saying we're born deserving of hell was wrong. Hell is earned through sin
>>
>>78603113
Would you care to share the basis for your claims? The Bible made over 200 predictions of future scientific discoveries. And Genesis is 100% accurate as far as what the Universe forming would actually be like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Be4l2OS1_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbxD04LWW10
>>
>>78594960
>The bible is true.

Yes, the bible is true, the bible says the people of the world are of the devil and pervert scriptures and worship the devil while claiming that the actual God and Saviour (Satan) is a demon and those who follow him are demon worshippers

You are not making me a liar by confirming my words
>>
>>78589125
That pic made me lol
>>
>>78603415
Isaiah 5:20
Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
>>
>>78603348
Babies are selfish, and the also cry to get attention
>>
>>78603573
No. The Bible is always right. People are wrong. You are currently wrong.
>>
>>78603350
I agree, he said that doing good cleans the bad, I was refuting him
>>
>>78603658

That guy jesus... he's a liar, he said you can move mountains with his name and none of you can.

Devils lie.
>>
>>78602272
But obviously people who break these certain moral codes can't inherit the kingdom of god. That is, of course, without salvation through jesus. Correct?
So in the practical sense you either continue following every rule including the old ones or you break any or all of them and just repent. A christian living a homosexual lifestyle up until the day they die would be all cleared since the old rules don't apply to them anymore? If not then the rules still apply as far as I'm concerned, but i suppose no one knows how god would judge everyone so no one could really say
>>
>>78588785
Fags know more than anyone they are going to burn for eternity. God tells them every day and they try to ignore. Why do you think they are so unhappy and killed themselves wholesale. GOD'S guilt he puts in their heart. Especially after they committe the act they feel degraded and drown themselves in drugs and/or alcohol. Nothing stops God's voice from condemning them. They hear it loud and clear. This is why they will accept islam over their natural Christianity. When they are around islam they do not hear the voices. Because islam is false and God does not use islam.

You fags know I nailed it.
>>
>>78602899

No, you're the one who is confused, repeating an old Latin myth about Hell because you heard it so many times it must be true.
>>
>>78603658
Well , if you agree that the Devil is the greatest deceiver ever. Im am sure making you think he is Jesus is a pretty good deception.
>>
>>78603831
What does it mean to repent in your opinion?
>>
>>78603790
It's called a metaphor you loser. Jesus was telling us that we could accomplish anything (that is actually possible) when we have faith. Unlimited faith doesn't make impossible things possible. Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.
>>
>>78601041
>>78601208
Original sin is bullshit.
>>
>>78603072

You have no idea what you're talking about.

>Paradise and hell are not two different places. Such an idea is an idolatrous concept. Rather they signify two different conditions [ways or states of being], which originate from the same uncreated source, and are perceived by man as two, differing experiences. More precisely, they are the same experience, except that they are perceived differently by man, depending on his internal state.

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles-2009/Mettalinos-Paradise-And-Hell-According-To-Orthodox-Tradition.php
>>
>>78603560
>Hades does not exist anymore, it was destroyed by Christ
Luke 16:23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Here in the N.T. it gives a story about hell, though. And a place where a person can speak to someone in paradise.

I don't know if Heaven is the same place as paradise or not. From accounts of people who have been taken to paradise (true or false?) it's a place outside of heaven with a camp, where the wedding feast will be. I'm not sure.

But, I don't see any scripture about people talking in 'gehenna'.
>>
>>78603922
Not an argument :^)

You don't even know what you believe. Sucks for you. It's also sad you are doing the very thing you have accused me of doing. Also sucks for you.
>>
>>78604080
>It's called a metaphor

Honest people don't need others to come by and explain why their words aren't becoming true. Especially when we are dealing with "gods" that made the claim of making anything possible.
>>
File: adachi time.png (54 KB, 439x452) Image search: [Google]
adachi time.png
54 KB, 439x452
>>78603274
I can answer your claims with human logic

1. Your conciousness is yours. You own your body, or perhaps you're in the passenger's seat watching someone else control your body. Who knows. But the end result is when you wake up you are still you and not a cat or a dog. You belong to your body.

2. Your conciousness was NOT created. How could your "conciousness" be created? How is that even possible? Even if it was, you would still have some perception or sense before you were created, right?

3. Sperm cells are alive. Egg cells aren't really. But a sperm cell needs an egg to create a human.

4. Your body uses the nutrients and ingrediants of food eaten to "create" sperm.

Lets say your sperm cells all had a conciousness -- that they were all alive. They weren't human, they were just cells.

But yet, they are alive. Did you create them? No, your body used stuff you have eaten throughout your life to make sperm.

In other words -- when you eat an animal, you are inserting all the conciousnesses residing within that animal into your body which you pass to your children. I believe this is how Reincarnation works.

When you die, your body dies, but your conciousness is still there. You are trapped in your own, rotting carcass of a body for years or maybe decades until a worm finally finds its way into your coffin and eats you. You will be digested and turned into a worm baby. It's better to be a worm than in a rotting carcass I guess.

I'd imagine a reincarnation process like this has been going on for millions of years. That doesn't mean you've lived millions of lives, you may have only lived a few and spent decades miles under the ground.

But I imagine this is the most likely scenario that answers one of the great questions of life.
>>
>>78588785
Homosexuality is a sin because it is an act that serves only the self.

ANY act that serves only the self (i.e. Not for procreation and new life), may have longstanding damaging implications that we cannot even begin to perceive.

One of the basic beliefs in the bible is that when man self governs, there is chaos, but if man obeys the will of God, EVEN IF HE MAY NOT FULLY UNDERSTAND SOME OF THE LAWS, there WILL BE bliss and happiness (not in this life, but in the life to come)

Read Mystery of the Ages. It is the most important book next to the bible. It came to me only recently, and I am currently compiling my research into a book for 4chan.

Christianity is not what you think it is. Everyone has another chance after we die. During the 1000 years reign of Christ, the rest of the unconverted world will be converted. ONLY THOSE WHO REFUSE TO OBEY GOD AFTER THAT 1000 YER PERIOD WILL BE SENT TO HELL, IT IS YOUR CHOICE TO GO TO HELL. THE AGE OF MAN (our age) IS NOT THE ONLY OPPORTUNITY FOR ETERNAL LIFE!!!! This is one of the greatest tricks of Satan through history.

READ MYSTERY OF THE AGES IF YOU FEEL LIKE THINGS ARE STRANGE THESE DAYS.

4chan has been my friend for so many years, when I have long at times been without. It lead me to the truth. Read Mystery of the Ages. It's online and it's free.

It will explain every question you have about Israel, the modern day "Jews", the history of man, racemixing, and the most important thing of all, GOD'S SUPREME PURPOSE TO RECREATE HIMSELF, billions and billions of benevolent creator GOD BEINGS that will create beauty throughout the universe forever and ever.

LOOK INTO MYSTERY OF THE AGES.
>>
>>78604434

No, really we don't need to know about your explanations when everybody is claiming fucking like an animal sends you to hell and that Satan is all about fucking. And much less when then everybody claims to be in his username a demon of the worse hell so you feel surrounded by these demons. And then you see supernatural stuff and everybody, included possesing spirits, loses their asses to make you a money giving sex rejecting idiot.

This basically means: WE'RE A BUNCH OF LIARS AND SATAN IS GOD.
>>
>>78588785
There is no heaven nor hell.

We are just a bunch of intelligent organic material that has ability to produce stories and fantasies about things that would never be possible.

At he same time some of us lack the basic ability to see difference between what is possible and what is clearly a fiction.

I do understand that it's just impossible concept for someone with lower intelligence to even imagine that there is nothing "greater" than humans.

Currently known organic material is production of billions of years of evolution. It is not known how it all started, it might have been something like a massive magnetic force rearranging some atoms which started this whole shit storm that ended up creating first evolving organisms, but how ever that happened the fact is that you religious people are currently lower level humans that are dragging us, people who would like to move on like an anchor.

This applies to 95% of religions, not just to bible shit.

Also why the fuck do you have to hate gays? I mean i don't really like whole concept of being gay, but that does not make me hate those that make that choice in life.
>>
>>78604248

Gehenna and Hades are Greek words that are both translated in the KJV as "Hell" but they refer to different things. Hades was just the place where dead people went, it wasn't a fiery place of torment like Gehenna, which takes its name from a flaming pile of garbage outside of Jerusalem. Hades more than anything signified a separation from God, which Christ came to destroy(so you can see perhaps why we believe it is a heresy to suggest such a separation can still exist) which is why during Pascha we chant "Christ is risen from the dead, trampling down death by death, and upon those in the tomb bestowing life."
>>
>>78603189
>mixing linen and wool
So it's an arbitrary restriction based on lamb sacrifices representing jesus. The bible says people shouldn't be doing this because it was hard to make and animal sacrifices were better than plant ones. And now it's not hard to make. God doesn't like it when you wear the wrong fabrics, which is arbitrary. Biblical context doesn't save that passage from being pretty damning to the credibility of the bible if you're going to argue for its upholding because of its inclusion. I was hoping to get more from watching that entire video than I did

>homosexuality
The bible teaches that sodomites back then were awful people. And because those people were awful, now homosexuality now is bad today? Again it seems arbitrary. You're going to need to do better than "the bible hates them consistently," you need to tell me why the bible doesn't hate homosexuality arbitrarily. You can tell me that those homosexuals were predators and liars and murderers because your book says so, but that does not reflect on people today.

In short, the bible is a good case for hating groups of people or practices in the past that were bad in the bible according to what is written about them, but it doesn't hold water today without good reasoning that applies to today to back it up.
>>
>>78604313
You are the one that assumed. Is that the best you got? Not very good. I won't entertain you nor Satan any longer. It's shame you won't be able to take all of this back before it is too late.
>>
>>78604661
>Everyone has another chance after we die
Hebrews 9:27
And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment

The only reincarnation in the bible that I know of are Elias as John the Baptist and I think the 2 witnesses in Revelation, one I think is Moses, and the other also maybe Elijah or Elias again?
>>
>>78604434
>answer claims with more claims

Later kid.
>>
I only follow the ten commandments.

Live and let live, hater.
>>
Everyone going wahhh the pound has fallen.

You do realize the love of money is the root of all evil and our flag is literally a Christian Cross??
>>
>You realize if you're X then you're going to jewish ghost prison

Whatever you say kike.
>>
File: 1466679087917.jpg (23 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1466679087917.jpg
23 KB, 600x600
>>78604988
Your explanation makes sense, thank you. Though it's the Orthodox interpretation, I hope none of us truly find out about it and that we are all taken to be with God.

>>78605449
Amen, brother.
>>
>>78604434
I would say concius is connected to the soul, but I have no scientific evidence to back it up.

God made humans in the womb, naturally we are created with a sperm or an egg, but the part that makes us different then the other animals is knitt into us by God in the womb,

When you die, your soul will either go to paradise or hades until judgement,

Those who have Christ, go to their own separate judgement, and those who don't are sent to the great white thrown and are judged according to their deeds, afterwards they are sent to a place of eternal torment compared to Gehenna a realistic place where the Hebrews burned their trash, idk if the fire is literal but I know it's a terrible place

Those who are in Christ enter into the newly created kingdom
>>
>>78605341
Have you kept the Ten Commandments
>>
File: fedoraz.jpg (24 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
fedoraz.jpg
24 KB, 333x333
>>78588785
>>
File: agnus.gif (3 MB, 459x459) Image search: [Google]
agnus.gif
3 MB, 459x459
>>78605309
Son.

How can you prove that you have a conciousness, scientifically?

How can you prove that what you see as the color red, is the same exact color being seen by another person? What if what looks to be Red to you actually appears to be Blue to another person

You can't PROVE anything in this world. What you can do, though, is illustrate your path of understanding so that another person can come to the same conclusion as you.
>>
>>78589265
M-more?
>>
File: daemon.jpg (470 KB, 667x1000) Image search: [Google]
daemon.jpg
470 KB, 667x1000
Better to reign in hell
>>
File: rockwellsmashmarxism.jpg (109 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
rockwellsmashmarxism.jpg
109 KB, 612x612
>>78588785
>>
>>78605788
Something I find interesting, is that NOBODY can remember the moment you were born.

Being Born is the most important part of your lifetime. But NOBODY can remember it?? Why the fuck not?

Perhaps a conciousness isn't something we physically have when we are born? Or perhaps we do have a conciousness but our brain isn't capable of registering memories at that time. It's quite interesting to think about -- the possibility that a conciousness could possibly be something given to a baby after its actual birth -- something that would signify some sort of divine intervention in play.
>>
>>78606308
To bad he doesn't
>>
>>78605449
>>78605602
I'm all for you guys leaving no matter the consequences. The longer we can put off the world being under one world government and fulfilling the book of Revelation the better. I'd rather not be around for that
>>
I'm gay and not religious
>>
>>78606623
So what is keeping you from putting your trust in Christ?
>>
>>78606797
I study the sciences
>>
>>78606361
It's biology you moron. Have a simple understanding of it before posting nonsense.
>>
>>78606866
Cool, so what's keeping you from putting your trust in Christ
>>
File: 44681700.jpg (57 KB, 306x226) Image search: [Google]
44681700.jpg
57 KB, 306x226
>>78604879
If you would put away your government programmed hate towards religion, where the only mention in mass media is always how Religion hates gays, and have pedophiles in them, understand this, the so called Religion you keep hearing about is not what Religion is, true religion comes from within, and has core values like treat others like you would like to be treated, (mind you, you already broke the rule by putting every form of religion into the house of fag haters, something that is simply not true, secondly if you spent some more time outside and played a little less CS:GO you see that society around you is braking down slowly, and the core values of an inner religion and or belief in something greater than some cell that magically appeared there and turned into humans, a theory that is stupid and also mathematically highly unlikely

http://www.icr.org/article/mathematical-impossibility-evolution/

But let us give the evolutionist the benefit of every consideration. Assume that, at each mutational step, there is equally as much chance for it to be good as bad. Thus, the probability for the success of each mutation is assumed to be one out of two, or one-half. Elementary statistical theory shows that the probability of 200 successive mutations being successful is then (½)200, or one chance out of 1060. The number 1060, if written out, would be "one" followed by sixty "zeros." In other words, the chance that a 200-component organism could be formed by mutation and natural selection is less than one chance out of a trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion, trillion! Lest anyone think that a 200-part system is unreasonably complex, it should be noted that even a one-celled plant or animal may have millions of molecular "parts."

Not to mention the fact that all of the greatest thinkers like Galileo, Einstein, Tesla, Sagan, clearly being an Atheist gives you no right to attack religion based on intelligent.
>>
File: 1464547996264.jpg (97 KB, 577x1024) Image search: [Google]
1464547996264.jpg
97 KB, 577x1024
>>78603565
>Gays are 'degenerates'
>Masturbating to anime isn't degenerate

fuck off you virgin losers, just as bas as muslims
>>
>>78606147
>use "science" to prove x to me
>you can't prove anything

Okay, prove that. Your position leads in circles. With no justifiable position that can possibly be obtained. Nothing but "what if". Some people do see red, as green. They are color blind. Of course with your position since nothing can be proven, especially not with science, since science itself can't be proven as a means to prove other things, as nothing can be proven.... Perhaps we are all color blind and they are not... oh, wait.....

Science is a product of consciousness. Seeing as what "consciousness" is understood to be, it is self evidently true.

Unless you don't believe your senses... in which case, nothing you say can be trusted.
>>
>>78606973
People who tend to put their trust in authority without empirical evidence tend to make bad skeptics and as such bad scientists.
>>
>>78607001
Fapping is also sinful if lust is involved
>>
>>78606361
>Why the fuck not?
Sensory overload? Babies cry when they come out, they breath air on their own, they are surrounded by noises, lights and interaction from others.

Why would they remember being born?

>>78606511
I read the most amazing scripture a few days ago. I'll post 2 encouraging verses for you; they are amazing.

Isaiah 54:17
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Luke 21:16 And ye shall be betrayed both by parents, and brethren, and kinsfolks, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18 But there shall not an hair of your head perish.
19 In your patience possess ye your souls.

>But there shall not an hair of your head perish

Stay strong and believe that God will take you in to His kingdom.
>>
>>78607159
But what authority does empirical evidence have and can a skeptic be one without being skeptical of his skepticism
>>
This leafpost is the truth. Look up that Sacramento preacher up on YouTube
>>
>>78607159
Cool story.

>>
>>78603997
Pray that god will help you overcome your sinful habit and ask for forgiveness in the name of jesus. When I was a Christian, I didn't believe in praying for forgiveness while constantly making the same mistake for the rest of your life. That's not to say i didn't believe someone like that could never go to heaven, i just believed you had to at least try to do god's will
>>
>>78607716
>I was a Christian
Come back to God.
>>
>>78607452
Empirical evidence is the best we have at the moment for parsing out how the material world works. Being skeptical about it doesn't stop you from using it if that's the best way to uncover truths about the material world.
>can a skeptic be one without being skeptical of his skepticism
if you're a good skeptic, then of course you're skeptical about being skeptical. Being skeptical doesn't stop someone from believing in something, it sharpens your reasoning on the edge of arguments against it.

>>78607617
Do you deny that a person who is apt to surrender himself to authority without empirical evidence would likely make a bad scientist? Because that guy asked what about being a scientist would keep him from "putting his trust in Christ."
>>
File: bullshit.gif (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
bullshit.gif
2 MB, 480x360
>>78607037
You believe in God. You can't illustrate to another how you come to a path of understanding that God exists.

When we talk about science, all a "fact" is, is a path of understanding. We understand that when we drop an apple. It falls. Next time we drop an apple, it still falls. Our expectation the 3rd time we drop an apple is that it will fall. That is the path of understanding which leads us to the conclusion that apples fall.

However we cant PROVE that apples fall. We can only illustrate how we came to that conclusion to begin with. And we understand it because we've been subjected to gravity all of our lives.

However, your belief in God has no path of understanding. There was no understanding in your lifetime that there was some creator. You didn't even believe in God until you read a book that said he existed. But you are not able to come to a path of understanding that there is actually a God.

This is what we talk about when it comes to science.

I'm trying to tell you that you HAVE a conciousness. I can't PROVE IT, but I can illustrate the path of understanding that you wake up every day and identify as you. It's not like you wake up tommorow in your brother's body, right?

If the question is "What life can a person have outside a body", it can be answered before and after death. We are in the same place before death as we are after death. Because life is just a state of living, and death is something occured before and after existing.

Wait.

>our body is in a state of Death before we're born

This is actually....mindblowing that i've come to this conclusion.
>>
>>78607716
The Bible says that God grants repentance, 2 Timothy 2:25
Acts 11

Unless God gives repentance, it is impossible to repent,
The Greek word is metenoia which means to change mind

So if someone runs around doing wrong and they think they can repent later, they are in for a surprise,
>>
>>78588785
Just having homosexual urges isn't sinful, what's sinful is acting on them.
>>
>>78588785
Wrong.
It's only a sin to be a sexual deviant and act upon your homosexuality.
>>
I simple failsafe from God that created man and want us to prosper, fucking each other in the ass don't produce babies and it's hard to prosper that way, but you don't doom humanity and tear down the foundations of society if you do it once, and repent for it by doing more good for humanity than 4 other straight guys combined, this is the ideology for humans as a specie to prosper the most, the stuff in the Bible is twisted because it has been rewritten by some shady people.
>>
>>78607617
>In fact I learned that evolution is based entirely on faith, because no true facts or proof have ever been found to support it!
Glad I didn't have to watch far to see that this isn't worth my time. I'll post you a much shorter video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb6Z6NVmLt8
>>
>>78608368
Then it's just as i said before, you are still effectively bound by the old rules.
>>
>>78608254
Watch the video.

>>78608315
Yes I can. Watch this video too.

>>
>>78609551

>>78609425
It's not worth my two hours, but this is worth your 4 minutes to tell you this guy doesn't know jack shit about science and evolution.
>>
File: 1442884025730.png (330 KB, 330x319) Image search: [Google]
1442884025730.png
330 KB, 330x319
>2016
>still falling for the afterlife jew
>>
File: qt3.14.jpg (69 KB, 500x735) Image search: [Google]
qt3.14.jpg
69 KB, 500x735
>Everyone in here that is shitting on Christianity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x1xHD_9OV4#t=23

I'll bite, though.

The Anthropic Principle.
>b-but muh multiverse explains this
There is no evidence for the multiverse concept, unless you're saying you believe in something without evidence.

>"2000 year old book is relevant today? you live in the Dark Ages".
I agree, Pink Floyd's Magnum Opus album is old so it is shit and the new Linkin Park album is good because it is new.

>"Extraordinary claims must have extraordinary evidence to justify it".
How about I use that against you?
Prove that the world actually exists.
>I will use sensory data to do this
The senses are inaccurate because the brain is a material object.
>"I think therefore I am"
You proved the conscious exists, doesn't prove there is a connection between the conscious and body.
>Well I just have faith that the material world exists.
That's funny, because I "have faith" in something too.

>You can't prove that Le Spaghetti monster does not exist so you can't prove God exists, therefore God doesn't exist.
Circular argument that assumes that such isn't the case, so it proves what it intended to prove, and continue going in a circle from there.

>Religious people's crimes are caused by their religion
By that logic atheist's crimes are personal choice.

>WHAT CREATED GOD FAGGOT
You are literally asking what existed before existence itself. Do you not understand what the concept of God is? God is presumed to be the one that created the universe, but maybe you want to look at it in a different way; let's say for a second we removed "God" (philosophical concept, doesn't have to be abrahamic) as the initial cause of the universe; the universe would have just existed since forever, thus it would be God itself.

>Use a different word, don't call it "God".
Alright, lets call it burrito.
The only thing you changed was the word.

I don't even hate Atheists, just don't be a fedora.
>>
>>78608444
>>78608535
Lusting after another person of your gender isn't sinful? I thought lust itself wasn't allowed
>>
>>78609682
It is 28 minutes. And it is worth your time.
>>
>>78610108
This might be the worst thought out and inconsistent post I've ever read lol
>>
>>78609977
I was told that in just under 2 hours I would have my mind opened, but in just under 5 minutes I found out that he does not consider there to be any "real" evidence of evolution. I provided evidence of it, so either he does not accept ring species as evidence, which makes him unreasonable, or he has not heard of them, which makes him ignorant on the subject.

If you can provide a source that will convince me otherwise of ring species, or give me a timestamp on one of his 5 videos then I'll watch more, but I can't take him seriously.

>>78609874
>prove the the world actually exists
don't shift the burden of proof, I'm not making a positive that the world exists, you are making a positive claim on the existence of a god. Provide evidence for that claim.
For the record I'm not making a positive claim that God doesn't exist, I have no way of knowing. How do you have a way of knowing, if that is what you are claiming?
>>
>>78610524
>give me a timestamp to one of his 5 videos that addresses ring species*
I should say
>>
>>78610524
Just watch the rest of the video.
>>
>>78589297
Uh no. It's written as an "abomination" in both the old and the new.
>>
File: I came to tip at you.png (77 KB, 200x197) Image search: [Google]
I came to tip at you.png
77 KB, 200x197
"magical sky fairy" is a cliche but its true. I just can't bring myself to believe any of this.
>>
>>78588785
TIL there are STILL people that don't understand that homosexuality is an ABOMINATION IN THE EYES OF GOD.

Does anyone actually read the Bible or go to church anymore?
Or do you so-called Christians just let your feelings decide what's right or wrong and your favorite gay christian blogs?
>>
>>78610862
What if I told you I would change your opinion on how cars really don't exist and told you there was no real evidence of engines, when you could just lift the hood of a car and see one. Then I told you to just listen to me for another half hour?
Again, can you address ring species? Does he address it? If you know the video well enough you should know whether or not he does, so please inform me about how he feels regarding them.
>>
>>78610988
That's also true i think homosexuality is referenced something like 4 different times in the new testament
>>
>>78611143
Then don't. Some day you might and I hope you do. I never thought I would but life is a trip
>>
>>78611237
I would wait for you to explain. Not stop before you got to the explanation. It is 28 minutes. Now, watch the rest of the video. Ring species are the least of your worries. Just watch the video man. You will have far more important questions if you finish the video. Sound fair? But if you wish to reject science, go ahead. I won't stop you. But if the first point I made does not make you want to finish the video, nothing will. I won't have any regrets, I tried. But did you?
>>
>>78611143
You will eventually, don't worry, just search for your inned God, don't follow anything or anyone. try doing good things in life and you will feel the presence of something not of this earth.
>>
>>78611768
Can you address ring species? Does that guy address ring species? He asserted that there was "no true evidence for evolution." Does he address ring species in those videos?
>>
>>78611161
>Or do you so-called Christians just let your feelings decide what's right or wrong and your favorite gay christian blogs?

They are. They literally just want to fit in more than anything. It's like the opposite of what Jesus commanded, but then again I'm not sure most Christians believe in God anymore. I went to a beautiful Anglican Cathedral in downtown Montreal last Sunday to hear vespers, and the priest told us to pray for those suffering from "homophobia." I wonder if that has anything to do with the fact that about 10 people showed up.
>>
>>78611958
As I said, far more important issues. If you wish to reject astrophysics and the laws of thermodynamics. Go ahead. Again, I tried. You won't, and that is okay. I don't blame you, I have been in the same position before.
>>
File: WOOPS.jpg (1 MB, 1230x2234) Image search: [Google]
WOOPS.jpg
1 MB, 1230x2234
Oh dear, I've spilled my banter all over pic related.

Please help me clean it up with refutations.
>>
>>78612156
I went to church on base about a year ago when I was in the military and most of what the pastor (a woman) was talking about was just... general advice and making wise decisions.

God and the Holy Spirit was almost never mentioned.
These were military chaplains speaking btw.
>>
>>78612309
>I won't address that there are more important issues stop trying to make me address an outlandish claim he made in the first 2 minutes
That's not how it works, if you want to have an intelligent conversation about such weighty matters, you need to define the terms first and foremost. He said there is "no true evidence" for evolution. What does he hold as the standard of evidence that ring species do not meet?

How about this? If you can address the ring species and change my opinion or give me a timestamp where your youtuber does so then I'll watch the rest. This should not be hard because you tell me that this video is reputable enough to change my mind and that watching it is paramount. He's done two and a half years of research, after all, so he must have come across this and found a way to rebut it that will leave my mind ripe for learning.
>>
>>78611958
If this is still an issue, watch just the first five minutes of video 2. Five minutes after the intro is over.
>>
>>78612813
>>78612832
>>
>>78588785
hell sounds fun
>>
>>78612813
>>78612832
Also it won't make sense unless you watch the end of the first video. Unless you know about irreducible complexity. In which case you will be fine.
>>
>>78612832
I skipped around every 20 seconds for the first half of that second vid and saw no mention of ring species

>>78613108
>unironically arguing for irreducible complexity
so I am wasting my time, then. I don't know what I was expecting.
>>
>>78613531
Rejecting science. Good job. Sucks for you.
>>
>>78613531
11 minutes in to second video. Watch that.
>>
File: next.jpg (144 KB, 804x536) Image search: [Google]
next.jpg
144 KB, 804x536
>>78588785
Will God ever forgive me ,about my degeneracy ?
I love him ;__;
>>
>>78613720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_HVrjKcvrU
if you are actually arguing for irreducible complexity, you are the one rejecting science.

Can you address ring species?
>>
>>78614113
Yeah. Just accept Christ. You'll still be judged for it like everyone will, but you won't be cast into hell if you know in your heart and confess that Jesus is Lord
>>
>>78614621
But how do you reconcile this? Can't someone just coldly calculate their life, have maximum sex, drugs, and sin, and then just repent for it at the end of their lives after they've had all their fun? I mean, isn't this what people do anyway?
>>
>>78614741
The only problem is that no one can really predict the time of their death. Accidents and random events happen all the time anon.
>>
>>78588785
>Cum dilectione hominum et odio vitiorum

IE: With love for mankind and hatred of sins. (St Augustine)

I hate the fact that there is sin in this world but I do not hate those who sin, I feel sorry for them and I will help them as much as I can but it is not my position to judge them.
>>
>>78614741
It's not like anyone knows for sure exactly how God judges you if there is a God to judge you, maybe he's got a clause that judges you more harshly if you are too smart about it and is the bane of mathematicians and statisticians. The Christian god seems to have a dislike for people who mix wool and linen so it's up in the air as to how he would like to calculate it in the end.
>>
>>78588785
>implying pooing in loo is not a sin
>>
>>78614621
Fuck you and your Jesus cunt. Reincarnation for the win!
>>
>>78614621
>You'll still be judged
Matthew 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

I believe if you don't judge people, you won't be judged.
>>
>>78614968
Yeah, but what is to stop someone from having maximum fun until they're like, 40 or 50 and then repent afterwards? The chances of death until then would be very mathematically low as long as you don't do something reckless, you would have gotten the most maximum pleasure out of life (you wouldn't have had that much fun after this point anyway), and then you just repent and led a Christian life for the remaining 20-30 years and bam, heaven?

I mean, how is this fair to someone who spends his entire life believing and making sacrifices for God? How is it fair that they get into the same heaven?

I think the Muslims have a way around this in that they have 7 layers of heaven, with each layer, you get closer to great historical figures (and the virgins and whatnot), but I don't think Christian heaven has any layering. Meaning that it's almost like a form of Communism where everyone gets the same shit no matter effort (so long as a minimum degree of effort is met). How is that fair? Why would a just and fair God do that?
>>
>>78614741
sola fide is a heretical notion and has no basis in scripture. such a person would not be saved. they would need to become a *follower* of Christ. that entails much more than simply saying a prayer.
>>
File: questioning pillowcase.png (307 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
questioning pillowcase.png
307 KB, 500x500
>>78588785
>218 replies to this shitpost

Is it enough to (hypothetically) report the OP, or should one report each reply individually?
>>
>>78614257
Bridgham JT, Carroll SM, Thornton JW (April 2006). "Evolution of hormone-receptor complexity by molecular exploitation". Science 312 (5770): 97–101.

"molecular exploitation"

"exploitation"

Let that sink in. Not natural. They had to change it to make it work. Oh well.
>>
>>78615432
What if they choose to willingly ignore Christianity for the sake of having pleasure, and after some decades, they finally begin to read strongly into it, and then actually believe? Technically, they're true believers, but at one point in their life, they made an effort to steer clear of religion so they could have their fun. I know a lot of people that do this. What happens then?
>>
>>78588785

Well yes

Old Testament basically says they must be killed

New Testament basically says they will be put to death along with other scum, but any and all vengeance is Gods
>>
>>78615291
At one point i think it says Save up wealth in heaven

Its not just all the same.
>>
>>78615699
read the story of the prodigal son. if they did truly have a change of heart, God would forgive them, even apparently for such low motives.
>>
>>78615810
So what does that mean? Are we not promised everything we could possibly want in heaven in some verses? So what do we need wealth for? To meet historically significant that are in heaven maybe? Or access to specific information like the creation of the universe? Or ability to influence the mortal universe?
>>
>>78615622
>exploitation is not natural
species evolve faster or slower or not much at all depending no how the environment exploits them. It's called selective pressure. Don't throw exploitation at me like it's some kind of scary word

>" This model, which we call molecular exploitation, is consistent with findings that other ancient biological features have been co-opted for novel functions"
I would say you can do better, but I don't think you can if you try that hard to push a buzzword.
>>
>>78615291
>The chances of death until then would be very mathematically low as long as you don't do something reckless

Random events are the problem anon, doesn't matter how careful you are their likelihood of occurring remains the same, try reading about them in a statistics book. Or if you have the heart try lurking in a final destination rekt thread.

Plus, if you believe in fate then you also believe that everything's end has been already been determined, the time, the place and the method of death all have been per-determined.

>I think the Muslims have a way around this in that they have 7 layers of heaven.

Yup there is something in Islam about that but it is not 7 layers, some scholars estimate the amount of layers to be in the thousands.

I think you meant hell, Muslims believe that hell has 7 layers.

>Meaning that it's almost like a form of Communism where everyone gets the same shit no matter effort (so long as a minimum degree of effort is met). How is that fair? Why would a just and fair God do that?

Never imagined it would be that way with Christianity desu senpai
>>
>>78616343
Is fate an integral concept in Christianity? How does it work? Doesn't it mean that God creates people, knows their final fate and has predetermined everything, and thus is running a pointless test that he already knows the results of and has created some people to go to hell? How can he be just and fair if he literally creates people that he already knows will go to hell and spend an eternity in agony?
>>
>>78616303
You are the one that wanted to bring this immediately to evolution. I would rather you focus on cosmology and astrophysics. Like I said, the second law destroys evolution. Entropy my friend.

The strange thing is none of this really harms you. I think you just don't want a God telling you what to do.
>>
>>78617209
You are ascribing motive, I am trying to find evidence against my claim. If you can't address ring species you can't address evolution, and if you retreat to irreducible complexity to try then it's clear you're not really worth arguing with honestly. An honest apologist wouldn't bother with irreducible complexity if he knew better.
>>
>>78616582
> How can he be just and fair if he literally creates people that he already knows will go to hell and spend an eternity in agony?

This is a bit complex but scholars have agreed that there is three levels of fate:
1- Fate which is eternal, like who dies when and how, the universal laws, stars being born and exploded and all the major things.

2- Fate which you can mitigate:
Like the environment that you have been born into, having a chronic disease and so on.

3- Fate which you can actually change by your hands:
Whether you helped a person or not when you could. Whether you worshipped God or you didn't and so on, everything within your capability is under your control.

P.S.
This is from Muslim perspective, I don't know about the Christian perspective, I didn't study Christianity.
>>
>>78617889
Thank you, is this for Sunni Islam?

I have been interested in the different Abrahamic (and some non-Abrahamic faiths) for a while now. I come from a agnostic/atheist White British background. If you don't mind me asking, what is your religion? And do you have any good resources for someone like me to study it?
>>
>>78618291
Yup it is Sunni Islam, despite what many will make you believe, there is only 4 schools in Sunni Islam: Maliki, Shafi, Hanbali and Hanafi. Anything else is not technically Sunni, as for the resources here is a good one:

http://sabzwari.net/link/links.html
>>
>>78613073
How
>>
>>78617673
This isn't about your claim, remember? This is about mine. You want to take this to a place where I have to prove something based on your criteria. Not mine. If you dropped evolution and watched the first video, ignoring what he says about evolution, which is only mentioned in the beginning for whatever reason; we wouldn't be having this conversation.
>>
>>78615699
Read Romans 6
>>
>>78618291
And this one depends more on philosophy (still Sunni though):

http://masud.co.uk/

All in all there is almost a hundred school in Islam. But it is agreed among the majority of Muslims that the only orthodox schools are the Sunni schools and the rest of the schools do not trace back to the teachings of the prophet.
>>
>>78619502
Thank you, I'll start reading tomorrow, it's pretty late here. Have a good night!
>>
>>78614113
If you put your trust in Christ
>>
>>78620067
glad to be of service, have a good night and thank you for the educated discussion.
>>
>>78609542
I'm not, my old self was buried with Christ
I recommend the book of Romans if you're interested in this
>>
File: 1459693785942s.jpg (4 KB, 121x125) Image search: [Google]
1459693785942s.jpg
4 KB, 121x125
>>78620242
nice Taqiyya you got there
>>
>>78617889
Did you do wrong?

are criminals punished even if they are genetically inclined to commit crime
>>
>>78589265
>it's a sin to tell someone that he'll go to hell

No it's not, it is only when you say a person will go to hell and he will not that it is a sin, because it is a lie. However, because God is merciful and because men have time to redeem themselves through Christ, saying a man will go to hell is certainly risky.
>>
>>78594459
>not using KJV
you might as well quote the back of a cereal box
>>
>>78606308
>hell created specifically to torture Satan and his angels
>"reigning"
>>
>>78613073
if you are ever unfortunate enough to go there you'd disagree
>>
You christcucks are silly. You worship enki. Enki to ea to yahweh to god. Also jesus is a straight up buddhist, so im cool with him, but man your religion has completely lost his message. The kingdom of heaven and hell are within you. I got the message right and its crazy. Your religion stops you from entering heaven ironically. Its attainable for you here and now, but the shackles of christianity will bar you from it. Baptism is a ritual to block your third eye and stop you from enlightenment.

That being said, its a fairly ok lifestyle and social club.
>>
>>78622656
>I got the message
>Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools

When Christ says the kingdom of heaven is within you, he is referring to the rebirth of the spirit, not the satisfaction of wicked desires masquerading as spiritual rebirth. You did not get the message, because your lust has blinded you and your pride has made your ears weak of hearing. Please humble yourself and reread the Word of God, you'll find the message a lot different than what you think it means now.
>>
>>78622656
What a bunch of new age hippy stoner bullshit lol
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 36

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.