[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nigel Farage admits £350 million a week for the NHS was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13
File: Nigel_Farage.jpg (166 KB, 1222x960) Image search: [Google]
Nigel_Farage.jpg
166 KB, 1222x960
>Nigel Farage admits £350 million a week for the NHS was a 'mistake' on Good Morning Britain

>I was just joking guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0ktojE6WQA
>>
And the media whining begins.
>>
File: 1466558431504.jpg (10 KB, 320x287) Image search: [Google]
1466558431504.jpg
10 KB, 320x287
>>78568787
>>78568673
Fuck off.
>>
File: 24343242343.gif (10 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
24343242343.gif
10 KB, 501x585
>2016
>trusting commodity broker jews

Oh /pol/....
>>
it was just a prank bro
>>
Farage is a French name
>>
>>78568673

He doesn't run the treasury go see them.
>>
it wasn't even him who said it, you fucking retards

he was criticizing the people who did
>>
>>78568673

They only ever pledged £100 million which from what I understand will be paid in full.
>>
>>78569076
And Boris is a turk

And the Queen is not even a bong
>>
File: Hand.jpg (36 KB, 426x785) Image search: [Google]
Hand.jpg
36 KB, 426x785
Something about Suzanna Reid...
I want to fuck her but I also want to strangle her to death.

What is the scientific name for this particular feeling?
>>
File: ali -burn the fur- kemal.jpg (7 KB, 233x222) Image search: [Google]
ali -burn the fur- kemal.jpg
7 KB, 233x222
>>78569076

and boris johnson is the grandson of a turkish author who participated in armenian funocide. he is known for being religious. he got executed for that reason and being pro sevres.
>>
>>78569208

And?

>he didn't bother telling anyone that he thinks a major part of the leave campaign may not actually be possible
>>
>>78569369

with author, i meant journalist. he was a member of the young turks
>>
>>78569238

That's not what they wrote on the side of their bus.
>>
>>78568673
>MUH NHS

Why the fuck does your media care so god damn much about it bongs? All I ever heard during any debates, or criticisms of leave, was always bitching and moaning over the NHS.
>>
>>78569446
The leave campaign was never "we'll have an extra 350 million to spend on the NHS". It was "we'll have an extra 350 million, which could be spent on things LIKE the NHS". Half of something is better than all of nothing.
>>
>>78569625
It's shite and all the doctors/nurses are dirty paki's who can't read or write English m8
>>
>>78568673
why is everyone so butthurt in the comments section? Of course it can be spend a lot of different ways, it's not like he can't decide, his party has only 2 MPs.
>>
>>78568787
You mean media lying.

It was literally a different campaign making that claim. Lefties once again refusing to differentiate between distinct groups when it serves their purposes.
>>
>>78568673
Fuck the NHS, it's a bottomless pit
>>
File: brexit009.jpg (22 KB, 615x390) Image search: [Google]
brexit009.jpg
22 KB, 615x390
>>78569446
>didn't actually bother to research himself

GIVE THAT CRYING MAN A TISSUE!
>>
>>78569677
That and he's not a part of the official leave campaign, it was them who was talking about the NHS.
>>
File: Clsfak2VAAAgSW-.jpg:large.jpg (107 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
Clsfak2VAAAgSW-.jpg:large.jpg
107 KB, 1024x725
>>
>>78568673
Seeing as we pay anywhere from 6 to 10 billion to the EU a year, and £350 million a week would be over £18 billion, why did anyone consider this was a valid scenario in the first place?
>>
>>78569625
It was pretty good historically.
It's crumbling pretty fucking hard right now though
>>
>>78569677

But that's not even true. The actual net figure is like half of that. We also lost 350B (Billion) of wealth in 1 (one) day, so I'd say we're in a worse off position financially, wouldn't you?
>>
>>78569959

So why have a campaign in the first place then?
>>
It was. We shouldn't spend another penny on the NHS. If anything, we should substantially cut it. A huge amount of money is being spent on fat people, smokers, drunks, and idiots who have nobody but themselves to blame for their sickness.
>>
>>78570242
>lost

No, some 1s and 0s on a computer changed around. Nothing was actually lost.
>>
>>78569677

Then why didn't they say "like" instead of drawing a specific link between the amount and the NHS?
>>
>>78570374

Yeah let's oversimplify it so it doesn't exist. Why don't you go fuck yourself? It's only meat entering in a hole after all.
>>
>>78570242
>The actual net figure is like half of that.
And the half we get back has to be spent on the things the EU dictates, like enforcing retarded regulations on small businesses.

>We also lost 350B (Billion) of wealth in 1 (one) day
Oh, I see, you're braindead.
>>
>>78569625
The whole of the leave campaign was catering to old people.
Brits got cucked [spoiler]again[/spoiler].
>>
>>78570374

>he thinks the stock exchange is just made up 1s and 0s

Litterally plebs at the wheel.
>>
I voted remain but to be fair to him it wasn't him that made that statement and it's not like he has the power to do it anyway

>>78570242
Markets fluctuate and that's to be expected after a shock like this. We'll see in the long term if we should be worried but I doubt it'll be TOO bad.
>>
File: 1442533222616.gif (1 MB, 294x329) Image search: [Google]
1442533222616.gif
1 MB, 294x329
>>78568673
>Farage
>part of the official Vote Leave campaign
>anything to do with the £350m promise

kys
>>
>>78570587

B..but it was just...just wordplay! We never actually s..said it would f...fund the NHS!
>>
>>78570504
Because the NHS is an easy target they figured most voters would get behind, and it wasn't even a hot button issue for most.

You can't turn around and complain about the leave campaign when the remain campaign was predicting WW3 and that Germany would completely lock us out of the EU market out of spite.
>>
>>78570586

Retarded regulations that ensure standards and safe working conditions. Yeah things are going to be so much better when we do away with all that, that is of course unless you're not the small business owner and one of their unpaid, miserable employees instead.
>>
>>78570553
>>78570691
By all means, point out exactly what we lost. What material things that people put work into did we lose?
Go get fucked jews
>>
>>78570730

It doesn't matter if he said it himself or had the power to change it personally. He had the power to point it out as he clearly knew about it beforehand.
>>
>>78571004
Safe working conditions? Are you delusional mate?

You're acting like the UK would repeal human rights acts and force children into slave labor or something. Instead, small businesses don't have to conform to bollocks like putting "may contain fish" stickers on a packet of fish or replacing all their light bulbs with "eco friendly" versions that might cover their own cost by the heat death of the universe.
>>
>>78570242
A one day timespan of time preference.
You had worse days many times over. Besides it's cucks that have bet against Brexit.

If you had put your assets in actual assets such as gold like we kept telling you, you would have not lost a dime today. I won big in the last 24 hours. Getting on pound when the cucks were selling like crazy was a genius decision and it wasn't even the best decision I had made in the last 24 hours. We have already recovered half of the one-time-impulse loss in less than 10 hours.

Cucks that have bet for bremain deserve all their losses.
>>
>>78571129

Just because you don't understand wealth doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I bet you think we should go back to the gold standard because "gold has real value". Regardless, the real world does and choose to ignore it at your peril.
>>
>>78571162
That's like shooting yourself in the foot to make it "fairer" while the other guy is shooting up on steroids. Minor oversimplifications are completely justified when it comes to campaigning, you don't know how good we have it.
>>
>>78571129

>he thinks that you can only lose things you can physically hold
>he has no idea how the stock exchange works
>he doesn't know that those "made up 1s and 0s" are representative of real, actual money that was supporting British businesses

Again, plebs in the driving seat.
>>
>>78570104
>implying any of the retards that voted Leave can into basic maths

HAHA, GOOD ONE
>>
>>78571550

So he put the Leave vote and by extension, his own ambition, ahead of giving the public a full, balanced view of what they were voting for?
>>
>>78571332

No more like things will get shitter for the non-capitalists, obviously not slave labour standard but worse nevertheless. EU rights and regulations exist for a reason, most have real world value that you benefit from every day. You'll miss them when they're gone, unless you're the one making all the money from their absence which is doubtful.
>>
Nagel Farage represents UKIP, not the Leave campaign

He was never in a position to promise anything
>>
>>78571332

>oh no, this small business had to type out an extra 3 words on a package once, that would then be mass produced 12 billion times

Such tyrannical. Many beaurocracy.
>>
>>78571960
Are you aping brain-dead leftists on purpose as a form of shitposting, or do you actually believe all that?
>>
>>78571859
>only retards voted leave meme

kys
>>
>>78572104

But he was in a position to call them on a blatant falsehood
>>
>>78572192

De-regulation almost always leads to exploitation, did you learn nothing from the banks?
>>
>>78571861
He fought "dirty" against an opponent whose only argument was fear-mongering.

>>78571960
>the non-capitalists
What does this EVEN mean? We live in a fucking capitalistic society, m8. Are you talking about hippies having to pay an extra 10p for their tea tree oil?

>>78572146
More like "oh no, this small business had to have their product verified by a European board and spend lots of money just to be able to inform people that fish may contain fish".
>>
>>78572337
did anybody ask him about the £350 million a week?
>>
>>78568673
Why he answer so conservatively ?

There is still 300 million pound of cash, just goverment will choose what to spend on. It can spend it on nhs, schooling, roads, whatever.
>>
>>78569446

The treasury will decide what it can dole out to the NHS not a cheerleader for a political movement. It's up to the beholder to believe the cheerleader or not. It will be a hundred million or so anyway according to Gove not 350 million.
>>
>>78572366

Capitalists are those that own the means of production (e.g. small business owners). At least know basic shit before claiming to speak the truth.
>>
>>78568673
Why is she asking him if he can guarantee it? He doesn't run the treasury.
>>
>>78570626
I'd love to know how many of those 18-24 year old "voters" actually bothered to show up that day.
>>
>>78569369
>armenian funocide

:( that hurts roach
>>
>People still acting like the campaign manifesto was something they promised to do
They have to actually have power to do that morons.
>>
>>78571537

Muh real world. Muh fiat currency.
>>
>>78570366

Please throw yourself off a cliff when you get cancer, or Alzheimer, or break a leg.
>>
>>78572344
>almost always

Nicely done. A lot of people tend not to pick up on the oft-used lefty phrases like "almost always."

The idea that the de-regulation of the Big Bad Banks can be used as a case study to predict the British government will decide to do away with societal policies that have been in place for decades is preposterous.

Are you the same sort of guy that believes employees won't be able to get anymore paid holiday?
>>
>>78568673
IT WAS JUST A PRANK BRO
>>
>>78573160

Great argument there kiddo, you got me. Even trying to take you seriously "it's a meme lol", yeah, it kind of is but it matters so deal with it. All wealth is ultimately meaningless and a silly human concept, doesn't make it any less important regarding the "real" world we live in. Again, ignore it at your peril. Truth is, we are poorer today than we were yesterday whether you believe it or not or whether you understand it or not.
>>
>>78568673

In my country, the media would NEVER, EVER EVER in their FUCKING LIFE be so bold.

I die of envy.
>>
>>78573160
>the stock market is just a meme bro!
>>
>>78568673
This has been doing the rounds on social media as if they have somehow triumphantly caught out Nigel. The fact of the matter is that the official leave campaign designed the posters that made the 350 million pound claim, a campaign which Nigel was not involved with as he ran his own campaign. As for the woman who keeps asking Nigel if he can guarantee that the money will go towards the NHS, what a ridiculous question. Nigel isn't in the bloody cabinet, how on earth is he supposed to guarantee it.
>>
File: 1465926315713.jpg (38 KB, 600x662) Image search: [Google]
1465926315713.jpg
38 KB, 600x662
>>78568673
>It's going to be FREE money that we can spend on whatever
>>
>>78573284

Sorry I should have used the absolute, wait no of course I shouldn't because unlike you I don't claim to know everything but I try to understand and learn the lessons that history has taught us.

>Are you the same sort of guy that believes employees won't be able to get anymore paid holiday?

Some won't, for sure. Without the EU protecting worker's rights it will be a race to the bottom. Rule of thumb; if it's true in America then there's nothing stopping it happening here anymore.
>>
>>78569548
what did they write?
>>
>>78572366

He fought fear mongers by lying or at the very least allowing others to lie for the same cause.
>>
>>78574296
Oh man, I bet you think we're a week away from abolishing the minimum wage and instituting a tipping culture.
>>
>>78573644
>Truth is, we are poorer today than we were yesterday

Which is a result of Keynesian monetary policy, and we will continue to decline until this problem is addressed. I even get the whole "real" world argument, I just don't subscribe to it. Patience for low energy postmodern bullshit of that sort is wearing thin throughout the west these days.
>>
Of course, there are obviously other things in the country that will need money. Even if the NHS gets a third of that, it's still much more than it's getting now.
>>
>>78570504

It's not wrong either way, "let's fund our NHS" would still be correct even if it was done with a third of that money.
>>
>>78570150
Thats what always happens with govt shit, make it good early on to try and not be voted out, the once its "too late" for you to get rid of it, who cares?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1466796193720.jpg (33 KB, 710x403) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1466796193720.jpg
33 KB, 710x403
>>78574322

They can maybe weasel their way out of it with the wording of the bus.
>>78570504

But what they've written elsewhere is pretty clear. Pic related is from their Facebook page.
>>
>>78574932

>it's TECHNICALLY correct
>the best kind of correct
>>
>>78574484

No, the minimum wage is set by the UK and had nothing to do with the EU. Tipping culture is slowly gaining ground but again has nothing to do with the EU, more like general US influence. If anything in-pocket pay will go up with the reduction of taxes.

More like vital rights, standards and benefits enforced by EU law will be fought to be eroded or outright gotten rid of by greedy (or foolish would-be-broke-otherwise) means of production owners. The majority of people will be worse of, because regulation costs money and that's all that matters to those people. Again, please look at the US for the future of British employment rights and standards.
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.