[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For a decision as important as leaving EU, and potential breakup
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: amypowhler.jpg (91 KB, 500x670) Image search: [Google]
amypowhler.jpg
91 KB, 500x670
For a decision as important as leaving EU, and potential breakup of UK+economic backlash, it seems unreal that a small margin (ratio of difference to total voters ~0.03) decides the outcome. Out of the 33m voters, 17.4m voted Leave and 16.1m voted Remain. It sounds to stupid to claim that majority democracy is the fairest system, when about half the voting populace's will is shoved down the other half's throats. Similar thing happened in the Scottish referendum, when 2m people "won" over 1.6m.

Is this really fair?

Disclaimer: I don't really care if UK leaves or remains, tbqhwyfam.
>>
>>78547192
How else would you decide? What's the better option?
>>
>>78547192
How many of the remain voters were non-British shitskins that shouldn't even be there though?
>>
Don't you fucks go on about each person's vote matters. It could have been 1 vote that decided it that's democracy you fucking mong
>>
>>78547192
So now all of a sudden democracy is unfair when you don't like the outcome? Leftist sour grapes.
>>
>>78547562
How will you decide how "British" one would have to be to vote?
>>
>>78547892
Read the disclaimer and stop with the strawmen. This ain't about left or right. Both sides of the political spectrum support, feed and keep the system alive in all majority "democracy" countries. Republicans or Tories want the system to be the way it is, as much as the Democrats or labours do.
>>
>>78547913
If they're darker than the Queen's lily white panties they have no vote
>>
>>78548646
Do you genuinely believe they can implement something like that?
>>
>>78549502
Yes. Her legs might get tired from having to constantly run tests though.
>>
Tbh, it's the only way to get anything done.

Trudeau won a majority government with the support of only 39% of the country. He will now act as if he had been given a mandate from everyone.

It sucks but the alternative is Germany, where Merkel is leader forever and nothing ever happens, one way or another.
>>
Yes, it is absolutely fair. A close vote is just as fair as a landslide. If 23m voted leave and 10m voted stay you could make the same argument just change half for one third. Would it be fair to tell a majority of the citizenry that their vote didn't matter because it's the "wrong" position?

The only alternatives would be a scenario where a certain number of elites get to make the choices, or just a "fuck laws and borders and shit" situation. Neither of these options are fair in any way, the first is not truly representative and more vulnerable to the will of powerful outside interests, the second is just natural law (is it fair for the man who gets his head caved in while he is sleeping because someone wanted what he had)
>>
File: 1407517162931.jpg (64 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1407517162931.jpg
64 KB, 960x720
1. The choice of "Staying in EU" is just as important as leaving. If you think that one of these options should be held above another for whatever arbitrary reasons then you are a biased cuck.
2. Lets assume that you are not a biased cuck. What exactly do you propose? Keep voting until it turns into 2/3 against 1/3? Are you aware of how many fucking years it may take? Needless to say that this option is, once again, EXTREMELY biased towards status quo DESPITE the fact that actual majority of people who give a fuck may be ACTIVELY voting against it.
>>
>>78547192
>muh democracy
>muh I didn't get my way
>muh the common market

I'm happy for the cheeky Leave voters. Right away the EU already said they will do everything possible to maintain free trade with the UK. The UK is second most powerful economy in the EU and with them pulling out, the entire EU can crash unless they remain trading partners. This is the UK asserting their own power and realizing they were being cucked being in a trade union with predominantly poorer countries. GLOBALISM BTFO
>>
>>78547192
this argument boils down to

>waaaa democracy isn't fair when I don't get what I want

majority democracy is fair, and liberals wouldn't be saying it isn't fair if remain had won
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.