[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can I move to the UK?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (1017 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
1017 KB, 200x200
Now that you guys have left the EU, I'm tempted to emigrate this shithole.

Do I have your permission to come the land of the Brit and the home of the queen? Or is this a NORMIES GET OUT situation

>also how do you guys feel about American accents -- do you like them or are they disgusting
>>
You'd be better off staying away desu. Things are going to be chaotic for years. The economy will definitely suffer.

Some are fine, some are annoying.
>>
>>78522374
No. Stay where you are. Go north or something there is nothing but snow and trees there
>>
>>78522600
If I started talking American English, what would people assume? I ask because here, if you opened your mouth with British English:
>People think you're smart
>Suddenly you're more attractive
>Suddenly we like you
So I can only imagine it's all the opposite in the UK
>>
>>78523061
>>78522600
Posting from my phone now btw but I am OP
>>
>>78522374
>moving to Britain
Are you retarded or something?
>>
>>78523061
if you make friends they will take the piss out of you, but you won't be shunned or anything. depends what you mean by american accent really, there's a lot of different kinds
>>
>>78523671
That's true. I mean a standard American accent. The one you hear in movies.

Also, will I be considered a tard for not understanding phrases you guys use

>take the piss out of you

I have no idea what this means we don't say it at all here lol. Does it mean like...have a jab at you? Like joke around with you about it?
>>
>>78523954
so, that boring, non-descript accent you pick up while being classically trained as an actor?
>>
>>78523061
Its probably this but people get used to it.
If half the people here spoke in their dialect you would think they are fucking foreign. An example:Angry british "Oi u fukin spakka m8 wheeer u think u taken ma weed". Thankful British: "Ayy m8 cheers luv, how bout we av a drink in thu pub m9"
>>
>>78524157
You're American so you know what I mean.

Unless you're a roodey poo in a loo under a proxy
>>
>>78523954
You will learn the phrases. Take the piss means making fun of.
>>
>>78524423
not really
Most male movie stars have a New York or California accent
>>
>>78525037
>California accent
Okay where are you from because you're clearly not American. Are you Indian under a proxy?
>>
>>78525482
I mean the LA city slicker accent, not the English as a second language accents of socal or the unidentifiable accents of the northern hermits
>>
>>78525719
>California city slicker
No shut the fuck up where are you from
>>
>>78525482
I'm spanish and I can distinguish the cali accent. It's quite irritating desu, easily worst anglo accent, sounds like spoilt kids
>>
>>78522374

American here. Right now with the EU laws, it's very hard. Wait for the new immigration laws to come out, whenever they do.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.